Lessons from the best CP leader in Lineage 2 history

Airamez

I think those lessons may help every player, party, CP and Clan.

#1 Help your supports.

A good party for PVE and PVP need well geared supports as well. Of course the DD requires more gear because of the weapons, DYES, etc.  But give the supports some love. Most of the CPs use the support when necessary: dailles, bosses, AFK exp but forgot them for timed zones  and adena farm(Crisis, PI, TOI, Refinary, etc). So usually whem the overnight exp is done, each DD go solo farm exp/adena and the support just have to stay idle or try to find something else. Most supports try to invest some adena on DD dual class to try farm something but that make the main char weaker because of the investment on dual class and it will not be as good as a DD as main class.

Ask each DD to help a support on this instances when the CP break the afk exp.

#2 Don't trash talk at all

Limit to minimum communication when dealing with enemies. Maybe a few jokes here and there but never be agressive or go to the trash talk. Don't pollute the global chat with offenses and non-sense discussions. what you say, sooner or later will come back to you.

#3 Don't PK AFK players, even enemies

Don't try to revenge from real PVP: Sieges, Bosses fight, Garnak, etc hunting enemies AFK. The only excption is to pay back.

#4 Explain the expected mechanics

When doing any activity like dailles, siege, pvp, make sure that you explain the reason and why each member need to execute especifics tasks. This way it will be easier for everybody to understand, remember and repeat the task/action.

#5 Share the loot equaly

When getting loot make sure to share with everybody that participated. Of course there is no perfect division and sometime the random drop can be used because it is fair and can't be manipulated.

#6 As a leader, be respectiful and show class

Use the communication channels wisely and screaming in Discord/TS, etc doesn't help at all.

#7 When PVPing in siege keep your role and do what the ally expect from you

Don't just leave your position trying to score some points. Stick to the plan and follow the lead. If you job is to guard the gate, focus on that, dont roam without a good reason.

Screaming just show you are not a good leader and lost control.

Inspire your partie/CP by giving examples.

Lessons from "Monsherrie"

Edited by Airamez
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Is nice to see that people who think like this are still playing this game, this is what L2 used to be long time ago  🦕  .

Unfortunately NCSOFT does not want people to teem up to make quests and money and survive the game, so they removed good drops and quests and everyting else so people will  not teem up to play and evolve in game, NC wants people to play individually and to have a hard time so they will feel the need  to pay$ for potion , buff, itmes, to compete who spanded more .( ex.all in party must have prestige to work, remove of party buff)......

Everything is expensiv in the game and people have become desperate for adena and itmes they meed just to kill 1 mob so they will not share the drop with other people - gear up and go solo .. it is written in the game world chat. 

Suport class was need in tha past now not so much so that is why it is ignored .

I know Monsherrie was doing IT to help players who did not have gear , but only  a few players do that.

• Like 1

I am myself a CP leader for a year now with ups and downs, had to see people quit, do their own stuff, did not match CP goals, attention, real life stuff, etc. Only had to let 1 person go, because some CP members got fed-up overtime with the same problem over and over again, and since we are more than fine.

#1 I always made clear that we gear main first, despite being a support. Don't start putting Adena on a box toon that is not part of the CP, this creates frustration and people notice that someone is not improving the same pace.

Then help from time to time to gear and make pre-requisites for dual so the support can do dailies at his/her pace.

Here it is very important to "oblige" people to focus on their dual in order to sustain after a certain time by himself/herself.

Talk and guide people during gearing process, if they are unsure what to upgrade.

Let people make a wish list. And stick to it! Push it until you make it. Every 3 months, a new one. Only this way, you focus on specific things. I remember when mine wanted lvl5 Gems, today those bastards want Greater Gems, Elmore+15, +7 higher Artifacts etc. But we keep pushing it and enjoy at our common pace. We even made Blood-Stain weapons which were impossible a year ago. Hard work with good results and we are all proud.

"Force" them to upgrade specific items first, book, Kaliel, Circlet, +3/+4 artifacts, things that don't go above 20-50b first which can be made from Primeval Isle over time.

DDs need also huge gear in order to push the supports, so at the beginning I took it for 2-3 months in order to push all to a certain level so they could sustain themselves and leveled their spare box ISS to 110 so they could duo outside CP farm time. All this was possible because I had a box toon DD who pushed their ISS over time.

2-3# Meeh, respect sure, you can't shutdown people's mind ;)

4# comes when you grow as a team and learn from mistakes.

#5 Don't mind to give sometimes more to supports and farm yourself the difference. I cannot count how much I gave away in order to gear supports in order to make us stronger as a team. As long you see that the CP members plays actively, push him to become even better.

Primeval, Storm Isle passes. Do 1 hour of IOS instead of them while using their pass and return them the Adena that you couldn't have gotten without that pass. Save up Primeval Passes cheap and farm for them during specific events.

#6 Show some class, but also needs to be wiser than others, even as a CP leader I learn from my old CP mates and vice-versa. Sharing and caring the most you can.

#7 Even when you know your class, ain't easy when you don't have the same gear than folks in front of you.

Very important, to regroup as a team when it failed the attack/defense.

#8 Pay attention! Most important. People tend to have an issue to pay attention for 1-2 hours, dailies, siege.

#9 You spend a considerable time together. I like to share a picture of my dumb face, my beer evening, random stuff, it keeps a clean and healthy CP environment. Just say "GM" in Whatsapp :D

---- 

Here are my additional rules:

1. Communication (Whatsapp, Discord)

2. Sex Life goes first 😄

3. Real Life goes first

4. Let people know you cannot make it and enjoy "2."

5. Play together

6. Improve together

7. bleep people together in L2

8. Become strong overtime

9. Help when you can or are willing to help

10. Do not take game too serious

11. Do not break your bank account and financial situation

---

I was pleased to read the suggestions, you could have removed the players name, because some people are able to play same game style, but cannot improve at the same pace than others who invest way more, which allows a certain number of players to benefit from that strength.

The amount of times I helped people in IT without having to write my toons name in a forum ;)

Some people tend to forget who helped them in IT or other instances overtime ;)

At a certain extend, we are all "goldfishes".

Enjoy game folks.

• Like 2

I am the longest running leader in game so I guess i got that will be 17 years in April lol.

Many of those things I agree with, one thing I try to tell people L2 is marathon not a sprint, no one gets 110+ or 115+ overnight, no one gets +20 limited weapons or cursed dragon weapons over night.  I guess you could but that is a bank breaker lol.

Even if we are afk farming sometimes we play other games together and bs on discord, even when we are not in game we bs on discord from work etc.  If you want to last and enjoy the little things that the game does bring you have treat your clan like a family (most times its dysfunctional yes lol) but its the family you choose not the one you were given.

FS implemented those rules years ago which is why they are currently the strongest and best clan on Chronos. Andouille is not only a great hero, but takes the time to help clannies on an individual level. FS is without question the strongest, classiest, most professional clan on Chronos and everyone on the server agrees. We should thank Andouille and FS for setting a perfect example of how to play L2.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OmenOfSteel_Naia said:

Are you (OP) Monsherrie yourself, or you just write what you have seen from him?

No offense, but MonSh always, always changed CPs, Clans, hell even Sides on an almost monthly basis. Calling him "best CP Leader in history" is really funny af.

Hehehe. No, I am not Monsherrie. I was on his CP and that how I learned the lessons :P

As I know he changed CPs, Clan, sides because been upset with people behaviour and greedy and to find fun playing the game. But I can't answer on that.

1 hour ago, OmenOfSteel_Naia said:

I know/heard from many ppl he is very generous, i. e. giving gear to CP members.

If he does that cos he is simply kind hearted or cos he feels he needs to buy friends depends on whom you ask, I guess :)

Yes he is very generous. But the lessons weren't focused on that because even receiving a lot of good items the most important was his leadership. 

The downside was the attaction of greedy players just trying to gear up. 

Of course anyone would love free items but I don't think that is better than a good CP and leadership.

In his case the items were just a plus.

1 hour ago, OmenOfSteel_Naia said:

I know/heard from many ppl he is very generous, i. e. giving gear to CP members.

If he does that cos he is simply kind hearted or cos he feels he needs to buy friends depends on whom you ask, I guess :)

Not saying that is your case but about "depends on whom you ask": Haters will always hate

He was doing some events for all players in the server (except CP members) given adena (up to 50B) and items and people were still critizing him.

6 hours ago, Airamez said:

Not saying that it is your case but about "...depends on whom you ask": Haters will always hate

He was doing some events for all players in the server (except CP members) giving adena (up to 50B) + items and people were still critizing him.

giving someone items for free is one of the worst things you can do to other player. same goes for real life.

if you want something, go for it, sacrifice something to achieve it. if you get it for free, you wont take it as precious and also you will lack skill to achieve something yourself.

4 hours ago, socketka said:

giving someone items for free is one of the worst things you can do to other player. same goes for real life.

if you want something, go for it, sacrifice something to achieve it. if you get it for free, you wont take it as precious and also you will lack skill to achieve something yourself.

i dont think he gave items for free, at least not to my knowledge. people paid for them in adena, just what they could afford.

59 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

i dont think he gave items for free, at least not to my knowledge. people paid for them in adena, just what they could afford.

He made events where ppl needed to find him (most of time realy easy locations) and get rewards. I think best reward was 50b adena. I personally got Explorer pack, aquamarine LVL 4, greater rune stone and some other rewards for participating. 

Long ago helped me and another guy to do dimensional warp for few hours. 

Roxx probably disagrees but Mon seems like a nice a guy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

I always enjoyed talking to monsherrie. Guy seemed genuinely nice. He was generous with gear to people he was friends with but people abused that generosity many times and that made him mad. 

Him being mad at that is understandable imo

Yes, exactly my impression. He would take all supports for 2 hours at TOI everyday. We would make around 1 to 2 Billions adenas.

Just a little example about how people can be greedy and didn't follow his example. Once he droppped around 900B on the floor just to share with the CP. It was right after a siege and I had to switch my char to a secondary PC so I could edit the siege videos on my main PC. He didn't pay attention that I wasn't in party when he droppped the adena. Can you believe that not a single one of the CP members, had the idea or intention to share some with me. It was around 160B for each. They just laughed and said you are  unlucky. So I never receive any of that adena. He was so generous to every CP member. Some got Dragon or +21 weapons but didn't learn a simple lesson about sharing.

10 hours ago, socketka said:

That is kind of true but there are some exceptions. That why I didn't mention anything about items on my list of lessons.

The free items, even been impressive, are far from the most impressive about his leadership.

6 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

He gave a lot free items. Just that I saw: +10 heavy set, bow +21 and Dragon Bow and to myself: Greater Diamond Lv.1, Greater Emerald Lv.2, Greater Pearl Lv2, Dragon Rind Shirt +3, Ruler Belt, Queen Navari Mask +5.

So, yes he gave a lot of valious items for free. And in that time he didn't know me well. It was at my first weeks in CP.

5 hours ago, BlueBabyYoda said:

He made events where ppl needed to find him (most of time realy easy locations) and get rewards. I think best reward was 50b adena. I personally got Explorer pack, aquamarine LVL 4, greater rune stone and some other rewards for participating. 

Long ago helped me and another guy to do dimensional warp for few hours. 

Roxx probably disagrees but Mon seems like a nice a guy. 

Yes, multiple times. And CP members could not participate because he wanted the prizes to go to random players :P

And right after the events people were critizing him on world chat saying that the was giving good items to noobs, etc.

5 hours ago, Airamez said:

Yes, multiple times. And CP members could not participate because he wanted the prizes to go to random players :P

And right after the events people were critizing him on world chat saying that the was giving good items to noobs, etc.

Well I am a noob hehe. But also good geared ppl got some good stuff in those events. Which then created lot of drama on chat because some ppl thought Mon is giving away stuff only to his friends, clanies etc. 

I guess Mon was on preasure at some point. I remember once there was an event - find me and tell: please give me X item. I was there first but Mon got angry and told me I needed to say the exact words he mentioned before. Was a bit in a rush and done some typo again while another bloke came and got the reward. 

I guess Mon got fed up dealing with pms like: why u give away to that guy/I was first blabla bla, or he didn't say right words. 

Hello,
Sorry but this post about a "good CP leader" went to someone throwing randomly items towards players in order to buy their "friendship" and showing-off.
The fact @Airamez has to write so much to "defend" his beloved friend all of a sudden is just a joke.

When someone has to defend or promote someone's game play, it shows flaws.

I agree what @socketkasays, when you make yourself stuff, it is the most rewarding than relying on someone else.

One person being Santa Claus is funny.

58 minutes ago, LaPtiteNaine said:

Hello,
Sorry but this post about a "good CP leader" went to someone throwing randomly items towards players in order to buy their "friendship" and showing-off.
The fact @Airamez has to write so much to "defend" his beloved friend all of a sudden is just a joke.

When someone has to defend or promote someone's game play, it shows flaws.

I agree what @socketkasays, when you make yourself stuff, it is the most rewarding than relying on someone else.

One person being Santa Claus is funny.

I have the impression you didn't read or remember anything about the orginal post. Just came full of hate :(

The lessons didn't mention anything about free items, that was added later, I guess from some haters. Like I said he was a so good CP leader that the items became a secondary thing.

This doesn't seem to come from someone with good logic or connection to reality: "When someone has to defend or promote someone's game play, it shows flaws."

I jut listed lesson I think would be good improvement for any clan, CP or party. Feel free to express your disagreements but throwing some random nonsense just shows how disconnect to the reality you are.

I think noone disagreed with @socketa on this "I agree what @socketkasays, when you make yourself stuff, it is the most rewarding than relying on someone else."

On 11/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, Airamez said:

I think those lessons may help every player, party, CP and Clan.

#1 Help your supports.

A good party for PVE and PVP need well geared supports as well. Of course the DD requires more gear because of the weapons, DYES, etc.  But give the supports some love. Most of the CPs use the support when necessary: dailles, bosses, AFK exp but forgot them for timed zones  and adena farm(Crisis, PI, TOI, Refinary, etc). So usually whem the overnight exp is done, each DD go solo farm exp/adena and the support just have to stay idle or try to find something else. Most supports try to invest some adena on DD dual class to try farm something but that make the main char weaker because of the investment on dual class and it will not be as good as a DD as main class.

Ask each DD to help a support on this instances when the CP break the afk exp.

#2 Don't trash talk at all

Limit to minimum communication when dealing with enemies. Maybe a few jokes here and there but never be agressive or go to the trash talk. Don't pollute the global chat with offenses and non-sense discussions. what you say, sooner or later will come back to you.

#3 Don't PK AFK players, even enemies

Don't try to revenge from real PVP: Sieges, Bosses fight, Garnak, etc hunting enemies AFK. The only excption is to pay back.

#4 Explain the expected mechanics

When doing any activity like dailles, siege, pvp, make sure that you explain the reason and why each member need to execute especifics tasks. This way it will be easier for everybody to understand, remember and repeat the task/action.

#5 Share the loot equaly

When getting loot make sure to share with everybody that participated. Of course there is no perfect division and sometime the random drop can be used because it is fair and can't be manipulated.

#6 As a leader, be respectiful and show class

Use the communication channels wisely and screaming in Discord/TS, etc doesn't help at all.

#7 When PVPing in siege keep your role and do what the ally expect from you

Don't just leave your position trying to score some points. Stick to the plan and follow the lead. If you job is to guard the gate, focus on that, dont roam without a good reason.

Screaming just show you are not a good leader and lost control.

Inspire your partie/CP by giving examples.

Lessons from "Monsherrie"

I forgot a important one:

# Be pontual and respect everybody time. If you know you can't participant in something, let the CP knows as soon as possible. Don't wait to last minute to say: Sorry, I can't do dailles Today, etc