Salvation: Etina’s Fate Coming August 22

Conguero

3 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

Its not like we dont know what we will get...its about that fine tune of little-big diference between what Innova have and what NcWest get(coz I dont dare to compare with Kr).
In that matter I dare to say "we" as players we feel like NcWest fail the exam...Its like they dont fight enough for us to have best content, fastest update, best promo,etc...and trust me its frustrating to see NcWest fail in getting PN, fail to give us interesting events, fail to answer our questions when we need help, fail and fail anf fail again. Ppl are tired of this sharade...we want to see that they asume somehow their activity.

@Conguero@Neutron

You are of course absolutely right. And what is even worse is that NCWest does not only fail its customers, but they are also shooting themselves in the foot. When you look through the threads on the Innova forum you can see how DIL, Neutron's counterpart in Moscow, gets asked about dubious points by players, and, in trying to find an answer, is familiarizing himself even more with the new update, being warned of upcoming problems and, through the interaction with the player base, improving the final patch notes. Here is a practical example how a translation error in the Innova patch notes got corrected one day before launch:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2376-salvation-etina’s-fate-coming-august-22/?tab=comments#comment-17964
https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/658465/#post-9159502
(Special thanks to beleaua for the link!)

NCWest, on the other hand, is a case study in how not to run a business xD

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Job NC Soft!
After you destroyed every opportunity that "new" players had to start play the game (I am not talking about doing Kamaloka, but for opportunity to get few gears to be able to stand alive in sieges without selling their home), now you are killing the game even more, making most of the player mad with this new "anti-cheat" programm.
I understand that you are incapable of getting new player, but at least keep the player that you already have.
I already quitted, after i got bankrupt with awesomes reward from last event :D, not to mention the one with agathion, circlets of power and the cloak event.
I am done with you, your staff and all the servers owned by you, that mean you wont get a single $ from me (the only thing you care about)!!!

5 hours ago, Yidao said:

You are of course absolutely right. And what is even worse is that NCWest does not only fail its customers, but they are also shooting themselves in the foot. When you look through the threads on the Innova forum you can see how DIL, Neutron's counterpart in Moscow, gets asked about dubious points by players, and, in trying to find an answer, is familiarizing himself even more with the new update, being warned of upcoming problems and, through the interaction with the player base, improving the final patch notes. Here is a practical example how a translation error in the Innova patch notes got corrected one day before launch:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2376-salvation-etina’s-fate-coming-august-22/?tab=comments#comment-17964
https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/658465/#post-9159502
(Special thanks to beleaua for the link!)

NCWest, on the other hand, is a case study in how not to run a business xD

It's more alarming that they have no idea about game mechanics, banning people for in-game content such as pvp, preferable treatment of one clan over any other member. 

Ofc there were problems in the past, i remember Juji and Delvish, BornInHell, Troy and other prominent members testing patch notes in GM arena and other areas, making sure that everything works properly; communicating with players in a timely manner and with sentences that made sense, rather than posting community guidelines for no apparent reason;  , Juji trying to deal with bots through the corporate ranking, when he was blatantly denied and told who they are willing and not to ban. 

As for Russian GMs, they have a different type of problems there, such as breaking GM rules for players that they used to play in the past with, gifting unattainable items, and rerolling in-game items. One thing Innova does really well is community management, they have in-game GMs and supporting members that can swiftly get a hold of them if needed. 

When was the last time GMs showed up in the game for anything outside transforming people?

8 minutes ago, NotBanned said:

ETA on patch notes for an update that is coming.... tomorrow?

If you spent more time finishing patch notes and less time removing posts + banning people who ask about it, maybe they would be finished xD

I am afraid patch itself will be delayed 

Lol @ when patch notes comes out...

They either hiding the fact someone (char wise) is getting nerfd..or that they are removing more items...

Possibly removing free r99 sets and now including them in a NCstore promo event to make people spend money if they want to even get it...for only $400 you could have the chance to get a +0 to +10 r99 set clean, and use this to explore the new world of L2...

For an additional 99% APR, NCsoft will offer a new credit card to spend soley on the game.. you could one day be a pve destoryer or pvp master..

Just a thought..

• L2 Team
19 hours ago, Yidao said:

Conguero, no offense, but you don't play the game and do not understand what is in those patch notes. Like for example in your Systems Preview you did mention the new Fish Stews, but you omitted the rather important information that the old Fish Stews will be disabled tomorrow and that people should only buy as many Stews as they can consume until the update. Wouldn't it be better if somebody from the QA Department compiled the patch notes?

I didn't want to get into the nuts and bolts of this because the bottom line is that we should be releasing patch notes earlier. This isn't acceptable and I've been letting the appropriate people over here know that. However, since a lot of assumptions are being made about this process or why the notes have been so delayed, I'll clarify that the production and QA teams DO compile our patch notes and verify the changes found in the builds we receive from HQ. That's not my role. My involvement is primarily to do a formatting, grammar, and spelling sweep for consistency, as well as try to clarify any confusing wording. I've been stressing the urgency of getting patch notes out for some time now, but there are certain steps that just can't be done out of order. No one was dropping the ball in this process. Instead, we have to reassess the process entirely for future updates.

It became increasingly clear last week that I wouldn't receive the patch notes to begin my editorial pass until yesterday. What I didn't know when I started that process yesterday—and when I promised you all I'd have the notes posted by the end of the day—was that there were a few key changes that still needed to be more thoroughly verified, so that we could ensure that they are properly and comprehensively documented in the notes. Ultimately that process needed to be resumed this morning as members of other teams returned to work. Once that information was verified I updated the notes and sent them back to producers for a final review, and I requested for a green light to post them.

That's where we currently stand. Again, I do apologize for this delay. It's absolutely understandable that everyone's patience has been beyond tested here. Folks on our end have been working long, stressful hours in an effort to release a solid update, and that's what we're committed to doing.

11 minutes ago, Conguero said:

I didn't want to get into the nuts and bolts of this because the bottom line is that we should be releasing patch notes earlier. This isn't acceptable and I've been letting the appropriate people over here know that. However, since a lot of assumptions are being made about this process or why the notes have been so delayed, I'll clarify that the production and QA teams DO compile our patch notes and verify the changes found in the builds we receive from HQ. That's not my role. My involvement is primarily to do a formatting, grammar, and spelling sweep for consistency, as well as try to clarify any confusing wording. I've been stressing the urgency of getting patch notes out for some time now, but there are certain steps that just can't be done out of order. No one was dropping the ball in this process. Instead, we have to reassess the process entirely for future updates.

It became increasingly clear last week that I wouldn't receive the patch notes to begin my editorial pass until yesterday. What I didn't know when I started that process yesterday—and when I promised you all I'd have the notes posted by the end of the day—was that there were a few key changes that still needed to be more thoroughly verified, so that we could ensure that they are properly and comprehensively documented in the notes. Ultimately that process needed to be resumed this morning as members of other teams returned to work. Once that information was verified I updated the notes and sent them back to producers for a final review, and I requested for a green light to post them.

That's where we currently stand. Again, I do apologize for this delay. It's absolutely understandable that everyone's patience has been beyond tested here. Folks on our end have been working long, stressful hours in an effort to release a solid update, and that's what we're committed to doing.

so that means, maybe we see patch note soon? or can be after maintenance start?

14 minutes ago, Conguero said:

this does not say anyhting.

When will we get the patch notes? 

Will the update even be done tomorrow? 

@Conguero Personally, I don't care who's to blame for those delays and I don't care to point fingers to you or whoever else might be involved in this. The fact remains that for yet another time we are mere hours away from an update and there's only speculation from outside sources. We players need to know about the changes and plan ahead and we only have rumors to work with. At this point, even if you released the patch notes it might already be too late to do anything about it.

My apologies for the aggressive tone, I've been holding back for some time now and this situation has been increasingly frustrating.

Some quests will either be revised or deleted wit
h the update
The progress you made and the quest items you received related to the following quests will be
deleted. If you are doing one of those quests, please complete it before the update.
Deleted or Revised Quests
Go to the Pastureland!
Bring Up With Love
Home Security
Delicious Top Choice Meat
Perfect Form
To the Primeval Isle
Elrokian Hunter's Proof
Meeting the Elroki
The Name of Evil
-
The Name of Evil