Rim Kamaloka Event Thread -- Comments, Questions & Complaints

OldKingCold

1 hour ago, OldKingCold said:

Figure I'd make it easy for the GMs to review our feedback.

I just have one question: The Top-grade Red Cat's Eye Lv. 10 costs 500,000,000, but we only get to keep it for slightly less than a month? Am I reading that correctly?

The event will begin after maintenance on December 8 and will end on January 12, 2022 at 11:30 a.m. server time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OldKingCold said:

I just have one question: The Top-grade Red Cat's Eye Lv. 10 costs 500,000,000, but we only get to keep it for slightly less than a month? Am I reading that correctly?

Yeap, when finish the Event you come back to reality xD

• Haha 1

• L2 Team
6 hours ago, OldKingCold said:

That is correct. Though we are seeing if we can extend the deletion by a week. Will let you know if we are approved for that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gofur said:

Ill save my adena for soulshots xD

But the event that's ending today was the best way to get millions of free soulshots.  If you didn't need the HEWR, the Level 4 Opal, or the 30-Day Bloody Rune, you could have used the L2M Celebration Coins to craft shots. 

@Hime what about support classes?

This is a solo instance that rewards people based on how much damage they can deal in 10 minutes.

While this is fine for dds,  support classes are not built for dealing  dmg.

What chance does a tank/iss/healer have to get any good reward in this event? This is a punishment for building a good support class in a mmo that should encourage party based play style.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Akashha said:

@Hime what about support classes?

This is a solo instance that rewards people based on how much damage they can deal in 10 minutes.

While this is fine for dds,  support classes are not built for dealing  dmg.

What chance does a tank/iss/healer have to get any good reward in this event? This is a punishment for building a good support class in a mmo that should encourage party based play style.

The points received will depend on the type of monster and your character class. 

so im hoping if its set up correctly, the weaker classes, like iss, healer, tank. will get more points per kill since we are going to kill less..

19 hours ago, OldKingCold said:

lol. this price i agree to pay every day - and here for all 30 days.... where is problem?

8 hours ago, Terrill said:

The points received will depend on the type of monster and your character class. 

so im hoping if its set up correctly, the weaker classes, like iss, healer, tank. will get more points per kill since we are going to kill less..

This is fine, in theory, the problem may be in the way it is implemented.

The difference between the dmg of a well built dd and a well built tank (both in accordance with their own role) is huge, so a 10 - 20 - 50% bonus (which would apply to an already low number of points) would be insignificant in relation to the final result.

16 hours ago, Ambicija said:

lol. this price i agree to pay every day - and here for all 30 days.... where is problem?

I think what he is trying to point out is that not everyone will earn 100 fragments at the same rate. It will take some classes almost a week to get 100 fragments. So they will pay the same price, but get far less time than the stacked player, who will have the jewels in a day or two.

I see the concern.

The jewels should have been set up as 30-day from time of obtaining it in inventory and not hardcoded with a specific expiration date. That way everyone gets the same 30-day usage.

13 hours ago, Akashha said:

This is fine, in theory, the problem may be in the way it is implemented.

The difference between the dmg of a well built dd and a well built tank (both in accordance with their own role) is huge, so a 10 - 20 - 50% bonus (which would apply to an already low number of points) would be insignificant in relation to the final result.

The main problem with support classes is that they'll be more subject to having the few kill points that they do get subtracted by the mob's skill. All melee types have that problem to some extent, but DD melee types can kill fast enough to offset it. That's not the case for an ISS or Healer, unless they are extremely stacked.  

• Like 1

I will clear questions up about Healer doing Rim kamaloka. Im 114 Healer, mid-grade geared (https://ibb.co/QMrRxYc). All items based on HP/Def stats. 

Fighting 105 Rim kamaloka. With Rose/Beer/Tonic, max i get is 1800~points which is D grade on 105. Reward after all 20 Fragments of Nightmare + 1 Box (Contains 10/20 Fragments so far). So 1 day - 30 Fragments of Nightmare for me.

In this event i wish to make Lucien's Bracelet +10, which cost 480 Fragments + 2400 Fragments for enchants, at the end its 2880 Fragments + 5 bil adena.

If event last 35 days long, and i make it every day, at the end of it will have like 1000 Fragments, by not spending it on another offered items. 

To sum up, i need to wait 3 years of this event every xmas to make item, which DD can make in 1 week.  Atleast i would love to grind it every day of event to achieve it. But in my position its imposible.

Does it looks like fair? @Hime

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mafas said:

I will clear questions up about Healer doing Rim kamaloka. Im 114 Healer, mid-grade geared (https://ibb.co/QMrRxYc). All items based on HP/Def stats. 

Fighting 105 Rim kamaloka. With Rose/Beer/Tonic, max i get is 1800~points which is D grade on 105. Reward after all 20 Fragments of Nightmare + 1 Box (Contains 10/20 Fragments so far). So 1 day - 30 Fragments of Nightmare for me.

In this event i wish to make Lucien's Bracelet +10, which cost 480 Fragments + 2400 Fragments for enchants, at the end its 2880 Fragments + 5 bil adena.

If event last 35 days long, and i make it every day, at the end of it will have like 1000 Fragments, by not spending it on another offered items. 

To sum up, i need to wait 3 years of this event every xmas to make item, which DD can make in 1 week.  Atleast i would love to grind it every day of event to achieve it. But in my position its imposible.

Does it looks like fair? @Hime

Isn't a +5 top grade kaliel bracelet better than a +10 Lucein's in 90% of cases? 

Top grade Kaliel +5 = All stats +1, Max HP +1000, P./ M. Def. +7%, P./ M. Atk. +7%
- Active skill: Kaliel\'s Protection (cooldown: 40 min.). Creates a protective barrier that absorbs 75,000 damage for 15 sec

Lucein is either pdef/mdef +10% patk +10% or matk +15%

25 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Isn't a +5 top grade kaliel bracelet better than a +10 Lucein's in 90% of cases? 

Top grade Kaliel +5 = All stats +1, Max HP +1000, P./ M. Def. +7%, P./ M. Atk. +7%
- Active skill: Kaliel\'s Protection (cooldown: 40 min.). Creates a protective barrier that absorbs 75,000 damage for 15 sec

Lucein is either pdef/mdef +10% patk +10% or matk +15%

Well, not all available to buy one :)  And events are must be made for players to gain some items which they cant get in another ways. But in this case - not for support players. Thats even more sad for new players, who are not 114 lv and dont have thousand billions worth items, and must do it with exalted gear. You want to improove your gear but can, becouse your gear is too low. Impossible.