Rim Kamaloka Event Thread -- Comments, Questions & Complaints

OldKingCold

5 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Kaliel bracelet to get first and 2nd level +5 will cost less than billion if you can CoD.

3rd level CoD cost hurts but the enchants are so cheap that not hard to + it all.  /Shrugs   Whatever.

Huh? Am I missing something?

Agree, it's pretty easy and relatively cheap to make a +5 Kaliel Bracelet. But after that, it gets pricey ...  and in some respects, cost prohibitive.

To make it a Greater Kaliel Bracelet, you'll need 12 Crystals of Dawn. That's about 24 Billion adena, based on current market prices for the Dawns. You're better off monitoring the market, because there are people selling the +5 Greater Kaliel's for around 30B all of the time.

But continuing my math...

To make it a Top Grade Kaliel, you'll need another 38 Dawn Crystals. That's 76 Billion adena, bringing the total price tag to a ridiculous price of about 100B for a Top Grade bracelet, if you decide to "craft" it. As above, you're better off hoping someone is selling a Top Grade at a reduced price, if you're really that determined to get it.  

As someone who once had a Top Grade Kaliel (I sold it years ago and  have been using a +10 Lucien Bracelet ever since), unless you're an end-game player, don't bother with spending a 100B for a Top Grade Kaliel, or even 30B for a Greater Kaliel. That money is better spent elsewhere. 

I know RimKam sucks for support classes, but it's not uncommon for it to take multiple years for a player to complete the +10 Lucien. And, of course, usually in that time they find out that they really didn't need it all that much.  

19 hours ago, Open24hrs said:

Hi, my ISS is lvl 111, is a support class too, but doing RIM level 110-115 can got A-Grade, maybe ur build is wrong or wrong jewels. I have middle gear and all abilities is configured for defense.  I will share printscreen.

Shot00046.jpg

Middle gear:

Shot00047.jpg

Yeah, I've been getting C grades on my 106 ISS who is in basic Blessed Exalted gear, Commando belt, level 3 Venir, etc. Really low level gear.  I don't even have an artifact book on that character.  I have him set up for Warrior tree, though, with +5 STR dies, so at least he can tickle mobs. I buff him with POM (at least for first 5 minutes) and Crippling Dance, and Healer buffs that are enchanted with Might. Every little bit helps. Maybe tomorrow I'll farm some of the cheap Christmas talismans and see if that helps my score.

With Rim, players probably have to tweak their ISS a bit and play them in ways that they don't normally do. I definitely use Assault Shock and Transform more often in Rim than against normal mobs. I also found out that the mobs' Strike doesn't land 100% of the time. But it does land more than I like.  :)

The way points are calculated in Rim definitely allow for class, so an ISS can get enough fragments in 2-3 days to buy a good item.  The cost of the Lucien's scrolls (500 million adena each), makes it impossible for me to go after a +10 Lucien on that character, but if that was one of my goals, I could see getting it during Rim next year. It's too bad that they don't let support classes keep and carry over the fragments. 

here is my suggestion on how to do rim:

Use buff pots: Cocktail / rose / event dish / dragon / beer

get your toon in party with all your buffers.  You need to get POM + Crippling or Assault cast on you right as you proc your cloak buff on the NPC. 

Once you have cloak, pom, assault, log out to the character select screen and set a 5 minute timer.

Tip: You can also get GoG buff if you are a mage or p atk crit dmg toon, this will help but u need to be very fast to get that buff, proc cloak, get pom assault and be at npc to log out without wasting too much time.  you can do it, just prepare to do it correctly.

Every 30s or so, click your toon so you don't log out. 

After ~5 mins, log in and go into rim kama.  Be sure to target whatever has a green name above it's head first. The exact time of this delay is dependant on each person's buff times.

Tip: Cloak proc runs on 10 min cool downs. it hits for 2 mins, then after it fades, there are 8 mins that pass before it procs again. this time ticks down regardless if you are in game or not.

Your 1st 1:30 should definitely be with cloak pom and assault and gog

Up through 4:30  will be POM + Assault + GoG if you have it.  POM + Assault can be considered a cool down because it gives so much dmg boost.

Tip: do NOT use a special dmg cool down until after the 2nd cloak proc is gone, unless the skill will be up again when 2nd cloak wears off.

4:30/5:00 - 6:30/7:00 should be 2nd cloak proc.

7:00-8:00 use abundance

8:00-9:00 use dragon shirt boost

9:00 - 10:00 brooch br and other class cool downs.

this is just the basics and doesnt take into account the special class dmg increase skills.  These should be used after the 2nd cloak as needed to max dmg.  you can use them before but make sure you have them for your last 3-4 minutes.  That's where you will definitely need them.

the entire key to rim kama is keeping boosted dmg for the maximum time possible (10 mins in this case).  pom + assault cannot be ignored for lower geared toons as a way to sustain dmg if you enter with these buffs.

once you have 200 fragment things, turn in for the top grade la vies to make the instance easier.   those should be purchase #1

• Like 1

Im taking Cripling+POM. Also took exalted set +0 and exalted retributer. With changed ability points and full buffs getting 2800 points at 105. I dont have items on healer like aden cloak and BBR. Items goes full PVE def, none dps. If i have to buy cloak+G jewels to complete this instance, i better choose just to buy Top kaliels bracelet. 

But thanks Hyperlite for tips. Might be helpful for some1. 

5 hours ago, mafas said:

Im taking Cripling+POM. Also took exalted set +0 and exalted retributer. With changed ability points and full buffs getting 2800 points at 105. I dont have items on healer like aden cloak and BBR. Items goes full PVE def, none dps. If i have to buy cloak+G jewels to complete this instance, i better choose just to buy Top kaliels bracelet. 

As support this instance is very hard imo. Dk does well bc it's a dd. All dd's do decent. But you are right, no Elmore or aden on most pure support toons and the boost in points isn't enough to counter the loss in dmg.

I think this event is meant for a dd dual on supports to be farmed well unfortunately :( my tank Alt couldn't do anything and I changed its 105 dual to a yul just to try and get boxes for the bracelet. 

If only the frags were tradeable... 

Most have the bracelet +10 from last events but many change class now and the p/m/p atck p def bracelet not  good for the carend class we have 2 pay and work for new so we have 2 in invertory there is a way change it for somthing els why i have 2 pay 6 bil for new 1 and maby w8 3 time this event bc im iss or healer and  in 1 time  cant make it +10  thnx 

13 hours ago, mafas said:

So.... I think this is a gear issue and not a class (healer) issue.  If you have the EXACT same gear on a healer and a nuker the healer isn't going to do 50% less dmg in PvE (I am talking low/mid not endgame toons).  With Inquisitor on a healer does about 30% less Dmg than a  true Feoh.  With the double points bonus a healer set up like a nuker should actually be able to make a higher score.  At your level I'm not really even sure what "full PVE def" means.  You can change AP/Dual skills back and forth very easily.  What else are you referring too?   

Just FYI healer gets more M.Attack with caster/buster because of their unique sigel mastery passive. 

On 12/11/2021 at 1:43 PM, mafas said:

Changing ability points helped abit. Grown from 1800 to 2400 points, still D. But cant change dual skills everyday, cos it cost money :/ 

Curious. Not sure which healer type you play, but what level enchant is your Melee Weapon Resistance, Ranged Weapon Resistance, or Elemental Resistance and did you choose Might or Empower?

8 hours ago, Rodah said:

So.... I think this is a gear issue and not a class (healer) issue.  If you have the EXACT same gear on a healer and a nuker the healer isn't going to do 50% less dmg in PvE (I am talking low/mid not endgame toons).  With Inquisitor on a healer does about 30% less Dmg than a  true Feoh.  With the double points bonus a healer set up like a nuker should actually be able to make a higher score.  At your level I'm not really even sure what "full PVE def" means.  You can change AP/Dual skills back and forth very easily.  What else are you referring too?   

Just FYI healer gets more M.Attack with caster/buster because of their unique sigel mastery passive. 

Full PVE def means PVE light set +10, Rad grace circlet (Not foresight), PVE gun with +3x HP SA (Not m. crit dmg or any magic),  Ferios cloak (not Aden), Dual skills on Hp/MP/CP, Pdef/Mdef, Def atri., all DYES + CON.

4 hours ago, Get2ThePoint said:

Curious. Not sure which healer type you play, but what level enchant is your Melee Weapon Resistance, Ranged Weapon Resistance, or Elemental Resistance and did you choose Might or Empower?

Is there a point to enchant any of it? Entire resistance gives +15% matc. and you cant use two of it?  

Unless you hit the lotto, you guys are arguing over what exactly? If your a full Defensive healer why the heck do you need more matk?  Its like me as archer saying I wish I had better casting speed lol or more health lol

This is almost silly.  I got my gems after the first day on my main and  its a quick few trillion xp for 10 minutes and some free emperors pots now for me unless I hit the lotto on one of those boxes lol.

8 hours ago, mafas said:

Full PVE def means PVE light set +10, Rad grace circlet (Not foresight), PVE gun with +3x HP SA (Not m. crit dmg or any magic),  Ferios cloak (not Aden), Dual skills on Hp/MP/CP, Pdef/Mdef, Def atri., all DYES + CON.

OK so I went back and took a look at your gear and I will give you some advice.  Before I do I want to point out that prior to the last Red Libra I was a 116 Healer who could solo WoA and do Castilla 120 if I played it live (I usually macro'ed 115 because I am lazy).  In SoS groups I would AOE magic crit for 50k and with all procs I would hit for 200k.  I would literally cycle group/balance and AOE nukes.

First thing I will say is that under virtually ALL circumstances I found robes to be significantly better.  The only advantage Light Armor has is reuse BUT, after buffs and other items it was only 1-2 seconds difference on your primary skills.  It simply wasn't worth giving up all the other benefits of robes.

I am not a fan of Ferios cloaks unless they are +13++.  For the price of a +7 Ferios you could get 12+ months worth of Nevits which are so much better.

I also don't think you need a Radiant Grace or HP SA's.  Take a few moments to really think about it.  If you are in a party in Ketra/Varka/SoS you will have a tank and shouldn't take much damage.  Even with offensive gear you will be able to take a few hits and you can always switch AP as needed. 

Why don't you try this and see if it helps.  Use Bless Exalted Circlet instead of Grace, use Exalted Cloak instead of Ferios (or get a Nevits), use your +0 Blessed exalted Robes instead of the  +10 light.  And switch your SAs to all M.Crit.  When you get a better score then consider going all out damage on your healer.

9 hours ago, mafas said:

Is there a point to enchant any of it? Entire resistance gives +15% matc. and you cant use two of it?  

Only if "every little bit helps" is a guiding principle.

At +10, your resistance skill will give you an additional 6.4% m.atk or 4.6% p.atk to you AND your party members depending on which enchant path you choose. By contrast, a +5 Greater Kaliel bracelet only gives 3% more p.atk/m.atk. Even with chance of fail for skill enchants and overpriced costs of Superior Codex, it won't cost 28 billion adena to enchant that skill to +10. Of course, feel free to go higher to +20 if you have the SP, adena and resources for that. That will give you and the party about 9% p.atk or  12% m.atk.

Not saying you have to, only it's something you can do relatively cheaply to improve your character build, while you're waiting to get that Lucien +10 or Top Grade Kaliel.

9 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Unless you hit the lotto, you guys are arguing over what exactly? If your a full Defensive healer why the heck do you need more matk?  Its like me as archer saying I wish I had better casting speed lol or more health lol

This is almost silly.  I got my gems after the first day on my main and  its a quick few trillion xp for 10 minutes and some free emperors pots now for me unless I hit the lotto on one of those boxes lol.

My above reply to Mafas answers your question. The resistance skill that a healer gets serves as an additional buff that helps other party members, not just the healer. Enchanting the skill turns it from a purely defensive buff into an offensive buff as well.  Even a "full defensive healer" at some point has to hit something and help out his mates actually kill something. 

The problem with this game is that too many people focus on the "big ticket" items and completely ignore the small things that help increase productivity. They'd rather pay tens, if not hundreds of billions for an accessory, talisman, artifact or other shiny object than shore up the deficiencies in their character skill set.  Given the same gear and knowledge of how to play a class, I'll take the player who has his crucial skills enchanted over the one that doesn't. That can be a deciding edge.

2 hours ago, Rodah said:

OK so I went back and took a look at your gear and I will give you some advice.  Before I do I want to point out that prior to the last Red Libra I was a 116 Healer who could solo WoA and do Castilla 120 if I played it live (I usually macro'ed 115 because I am lazy).  In SoS groups I would AOE magic crit for 50k and with all procs I would hit for 200k.  I would literally cycle group/balance and AOE nukes.

First thing I will say is that under virtually ALL circumstances I found robes to be significantly better.  The only advantage Light Armor has is reuse BUT, after buffs and other items it was only 1-2 seconds difference on your primary skills.  It simply wasn't worth giving up all the other benefits of robes.

I am not a fan of Ferios cloaks unless they are +13++.  For the price of a +7 Ferios you could get 12+ months worth of Nevits which are so much better.

I also don't think you need a Radiant Grace or HP SA's.  Take a few moments to really think about it.  If you are in a party in Ketra/Varka/SoS you will have a tank and shouldn't take much damage.  Even with offensive gear you will be able to take a few hits and you can always switch AP as needed. 

Why don't you try this and see if it helps.  Use Bless Exalted Circlet instead of Grace, use Exalted Cloak instead of Ferios (or get a Nevits), use your +0 Blessed exalted Robes instead of the  +10 light.  And switch your SAs to all M.Crit.  When you get a better score then consider going all out damage on your healer.

Well i did some of these changes. Took Noble foresight, Exalted robe set + Augmented Exalted retributer. This help me a bit. Last time i got over 3k points on 105 Rim and took C grade. But its still not that much :) im not planing to change all my equipement just for few weeks. If i try do it - it would take more time than this event runs. 

Hi

you all make a good points to this topic. But back to support vs dd chars. If we compare middle equiped support chars vs same dd chars the simple results is that support make far less dmg as dd. This is fact. So question is why NCsoft not help support in events when all is count of dmg and how many mobs we kill. Is a frustrated that we are pushed to go to dd to have same opportunity like dd chars. I as tank 115 i am exluded to go RIM 115 because dmg is low and is waste of time.  The game need me in location for party exp but my dd dual therefore suffer of lack of time to Exp him, adena to gear him properly etc. Point is that we have not same opportunity as dd on same lvl. Never and this make me sad and thinking about if this have sense.

And exist simple solution to RIM. NPC could give all suports power buff for increased dmg to compensate. 

Because Rim is meant to be a competition, I doubt if they'll ever do anything drastic to even the playing field between DDs and Support. It wouldn't make sense for them to do that. 

But maybe one day they'll have an event that caters more to support than DD? That would take some imagination, but anything is possible, I guess.

20 hours ago, Slycutter said:

a competition for what exactly?

You'll have to ask NCSoft that question. They are the ones who designed it to keep the high scores of the top 3 or so players. Plus, the number of boxes you get is based on your score, so in a sense, you are competing against their points award system. No need to get any deeper than that, I imagine.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an observation... in Naia it seems all the ones that opened a superior Rim box and got a.greater jewel or epics do physical damage... as far as i know no mage has won anything out of these boxes.    Is the server becoming 1 sided that  everyone needs to reroll to a physical damage class to get something in this game...not fair