Lineage II - August Preview

Neutron

33 minutes ago, Ozzoo said:

you guys complaining to almost everything 24/7, why don't you just play the game and have fun!

you want to be on top for pvp/pve without spending any money on (ncoins/events). HOW?? PLZ LET ME KNOW IF U KNOW HOW!!!!!!!!

it's not 2004/2008 anymore things changed, this's a company they won't give you top items for free!!  (WAKE UP)

no one force you to spend your money on (ncoins/events) to build  your toon, but you have to forget to be on top that's how things work here.

To NC/GMs, do events monthly for top items.

maybe someone else should wake up, just think an example I pay 15-20 dollars for the whole internet how do you think theres a logic to pay those ammounts of extravagant or astronomic money for 1 thing on the internet in word it is lineage 2 we are not buying anything its just a service like TV or whatever there is no logic in this 2-3-4-5k USD for what?

cheers

7 minutes ago, Methodical said:

maybe someone else should wake up, just think an example I pay 15-20 dollars for the whole internet how do you think theres a logic to pay those ammounts of extravagant or astronomic money for 1 thing on the internet in word it is lineage 2 we are not buying anything its just a service like TV or whatever there is no logic in this 2-3-4-5k USD for what?

cheers

it's a free game, they gives free basic items tel you reach 85. but if you want to be on top as i said above, you have to pay for it.

In the end, you can play for free and have fun with your friends or you can pay for events to get top rewards it's up to us no one force us to pay. 

cheers to you

2 hours ago, Yidao said:

The only realistic way to R110 that I can see is our Dragon Weapon friends mass-slaughtering the poor creatures at Fafurion's Temple and throwing recipes and key mats on the market, which, with current drop rates, won't happen overnight. In other words, your R99 equipment will keep its value for quite some time to come :)

@Yidao = nothing changes from current except the gap becoming even more exponential & that the top 50-100k toons get to rmt items to recoup some of their previous expense - that is as long as more sukrs come along from 100-105 oblivious to reality. PvP gear remains a misnomer = you are still a 1-shot basically, or a following sheep riding on coattails of w/e dragon weap. You would think that for those who wanted PvP and got mislead, L2 would offer an exchange into PvE gear *shudders at the mere thought of it* with their revamping sub/dual class in the next update. Call it a "WE APOLOGIZE FOR OUR NCWEST PREVIOUS BEHAVIOR" and create a mass-exodus to PvE.....pretty much the only way to salvage a Cpl more yrs.

39 minutes ago, HiccUps said:

@Yidao = nothing changes from current except the gap becoming even more exponential & that the top 50-100k toons get to rmt items to recoup some of their previous expense - that is as long as more sukrs come along from 100-105 oblivious to reality. PvP gear remains a misnomer = you are still a 1-shot basically, or a following sheep riding on coattails of w/e dragon weap. You would think that for those who wanted PvP and got mislead, L2 would offer an exchange into PvE gear *shudders at the mere thought of it* with their revamping sub/dual class in the next update. Call it a "WE APOLOGIZE FOR OUR NCWEST PREVIOUS BEHAVIOR" and create a mass-exodus to PvE.....pretty much the only way to salvage a Cpl more yrs.

You are of course absolutely right that the gap between low-spenders and well-equipped top players will further increase, at an exponential rate. To say it again, Aram had a +15 Bloody Amaranthine Dual Dagger, i.e. fairly good equipment, when he made that video on the PTS. Nevertheless he didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of impressing a Temple Guard so far that he even would spawn Elite underlings, not to mention overcoming the gentleman. Only those players with stage 2 or 3 Dragon Weapons will be able to obtain R110 equipment, the Leviathan Armors making it even more difficult to tackle them on the siege field.

To make it absolutely clear, as of Fafurion the average Joe will never ever catch up to what will then be the top level. Participating in sieges or everyday PvP is futile, spending money on events in the hope of catching up via your wallet is foolish to the extreme. Anybody with two brain cells left should have realized this years ago. Nevertheless, as you can see from the countless complaint posts, people continue to try and overenchant Cloaks. The sheer stupidity of mankind never ceases to amaze me :D

As far as PvE is concerned, a dedicated PvE server existed in Korea, but it was merged with regular servers, the no-PvP mechanics abolished, when player numbers catasrophically dropped half a year after GoD went live:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2275-ban-for-using-ctrl-button/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-16869

The current trend in Korea goes the other way round, with a dedicated PvP server:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2366-pvp-server-bloody/?tab=comments#comment-17589
Apart from the Bloody Coin System, you can buy there for a fixed price the equipment you want. For 79,000 Won (around 80 US dollars) you get a package with a good weapon, armor, jewelry and enchantment scrolls, and with a substitute currency (Mammon's Keys) you can for example buy a lvl 5 Jewel for 20,000 Won aka 20 dollars. No gambling, no chance, just straight-out purchase:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/events/2018/180711_fafurion/bloody

I personally think if NCWest would change to that system, they could eliminate a lot of frustration and the constant complaints on the forum. Of course, what with human beings, unlike for example Vulcanians, being a mentally weak species, inducing them to gamble washes much more cash into NCsoft's coffers xD

1 hour ago, Foxes said:

Spirit of Shilen +100%Critical damage effect will work on 2H Retributers?, after etina's fate

will work, but in tyrr, there will be no passive mastery for cane, if they change the retri type to cane :P and no furious slasher as well for cane

On 8/1/2018 at 11:36 PM, Neutron said:

In-Game Event

• We’d like to run another in-game event beginning in late August and are working with the development team to determine what event it’ll be.
  • Stay tuned!

HEY MAKE ABUNDANCE EVENT REALLY MISS IT.

WASN'T LONG TIME ON

8 minutes ago, Hank said:

HEY MAKE ABUNDANCE EVENT REALLY MISS IT.

WASN'T LONG TIME ON

What about "make Abundance stuff available in game" instead of crying for another Cash "event" ?

There was a time when every single item was available IN . THE . GAME .

2 minutes ago, Darth1ord said:

What about "make Abundance stuff available in game" instead of crying for another Cash "event" ?

There was a time when every single item was available IN . THE . GAME .

If i can find recipes etc. i will create and will not ask for it.

Really long time wasn't that event.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, HiccUps said:

Gear...LOL....so those of us who came back that played at the beginning did so to PvP. So, if you were a duped client (raises my own hand) and bought event items when returning to the game in order to raise adena to purchase PvP gear - you eventually found out this was futile given game imbalances and NCWest's stance that they will never attempt to reduce player gap with their dumb-azz weaps they put into the game. Now somewhere (whether or not it is actually true - but with the non-servicing of clients by NCWest about : why play, game imbalance cure, player gap elimination plan) I read briefly that the new 110 gear requires 'blessed 99 gear + whatever' and not 'dark' or 'light'. So as I sit on the sidelines atm, I get the new SURPRISE that the gear purchased has been white-elephanted, or yet another example of wasted money for something that has to be broken down and experience yet another adena loss. 

Not only is the game "so backwards for most players".....you do literally end up being placed going backwards without your own doing by poorly implemented changes and NO ANSWERS as to FIXING CURRENT PROBLEMS in the game. Who again is this update for without simple answers again. LMAO

What a Bloody Mess.. NCHard has made. 

On 03/08/2018 at 12:43 PM, Draecke said:

free event should be like Monkey (love them bananas) or Dandy (everyone with dragon weapons) just to name 2 out of my head

oh and let's make sure we add: free teleporting, no xp loss upon death & free augmenting aka no removal fee :)

On 2.08.2018 г. at 12:36 AM, Neutron said:

Hello everyone,

Here’s a look into what's happening for the month of August.

Salvation: Etina’s Fate

• Today we announced that the next major update for Lineage II is coming August 22!
  • Salvation: Etina’s Fate will call seasoned adventurers to the ultimate battle against the Head of the Embryo, Etis van Etina, as well as provide additional new content and quality-of-life updates.

Security Update

•  The security update mentioned in our July Preview is scheduled to be activated later this month.

In-Game Event

• We’d like to run another in-game event beginning in late August and are working with the development team to determine what event it’ll be.
  • Stay tuned!

Player Appreciation Pack

• To coincide with the launch of Etina’s Fate we’re going to be releasing a free appreciation pack of useful items for all players to claim.

Thank You!

Doesn't matter what kind of in-game event you plan, there is no reason people to play Lineage II.

Each and every update brings drop and enchant rates reductions and more MODIFY weapon/armor scrolls on hand.

You are just greedy and brainless guys, who haven't any idea how to run MMORPG game, how to deal with customers and how to make it more interesting.

Literally people plays for nothing.

6 hours ago, Kushi said:

Doesn't matter what kind of in-game event you plan, there is no reason people to play Lineage II.

Each and every update brings drop and enchant rates reductions and more MODIFY weapon/armor scrolls on hand.

You are just greedy and brainless guys, who haven't any idea how to run MMORPG game, how to deal with customers and how to make it more interesting.

Literally people plays for nothing.

With no answers: Why to play (i.e. what to look fwd to for game balancing and gap reduction) still @Neutron @Conguero, maybe just one edit to your post:

"Literally people PAY for nothing" atm O.o as they have white elephanted all but a handful...

Archived