Forums

AF Faction - Healer

Hi guys, would you be able to help me out a bit? I can't handle AF Faction on my healer. Mobs keep dragging and stunning me all the time, even when I keep long distance. Are there any tips and tricks that may help me or is it only about upgrading gear?

AF only works with me when I ask an ISS to keep Angel's touch on me at all times, but most ISSes don't wanna be bothered and cast it every once in a while when they get reminded or just feel like it, so my conclusion is that other healers do not relay on it as much.

In terms of debuff resistance I have: zaken, ring of creation, knights AP with 10% debuff resistance, abundance lvl1

Other equipment:
Eternal light set +5,5,5,6,7 and a shadow buster +7 (well... life's tough), Valakas (normal, I also have Frintezza's Sould Necklace on my alt which I can switch if needed)

I also always use a buff like ferya's art of seduction and such that I got from events.

I think I could afford to upgrade to Eternal+6 to get additional 10% debuff resistance, but I'm not sure if that's the thing I should focus on and I can't buy everything. Any suggestions? 

Also, please keep in mind I'm poor and my main is a wynn, so I try to pick gear whih I can use for both classes.

@Helv Ok after reading this post I was like "b*tch mode on"

Look sweetie ANGEL TOUCH is a MUST!!! So just kick the stupid isses who does not use it !!!(if iss does not want to use angel touch 

tell him ok no heal /ress for you xD )

Log a box iss make a proper macro with angel touch on you

and your life will be way easier !

The captains there have "pull" skill , its not stun !!! so you need lindvior and earth wyn to

manage it a bit better without angel touch.

But as you said you are poor and you are not the only one who is poor around!

About your equip!!!!

GET RID OF THE VALAKAS and put FRINTEZA!!!! you are healer no DD!!!

GET RID OF THE SHADOW BUSTER!!!! take a simple buster Rgrade and put 2 sa on it!!! body/body acument!!!

your hp will be better your casting will be better and you will not be one shot at af even if you get stuned!!!

About your set try +8 r95 instead of +6 r99 in my opinion , and if you have dual that can put up robe change to robe

(hp rocks!!!).

About your AP i am not sure you have the proper ones >>^.^<<  you have to use knight tree BUT you need the guardians armor points to get

the 4x guardians life after (15% hp)

Hope this answer is helpfull enough :D >>^.^<<

• Like 1

@secondbreath thank you so much for your advice, I'll try to apply what I can! :) The hardest will be the armor, so I might try R99 +6 as I would only have to upgrade only 3 piece.

I will also be more strict on disobedient ISSes :D

18 hours ago, Helv said:

@secondbreath thank you so much for your advice, I'll try to apply what I can! :) The hardest will be the armor, so I might try R99 +6 as I would only have to upgrade only 3 piece.

For disobedient ISS, isn't really hard to make a proper macro with Angel Touch :)

/target Healer
/useskill Angel Touch
/targetnext
/useskill debuff1
/useskill debuff2
/pickup
/useskill Battle Rapsody
/attack

• Haha 1
On 12/18/2017 at 4:31 PM, Chrysty said:

For disobedient ISS, isn't really hard to make a proper macro with Angel Touch :)

/target Healer
/useskill Angel Touch
/targetnext
/useskill debuff1
/useskill debuff2
/pickup
/useskill Battle Rapsody
/attack

For ISS !!!

Don't make macro just play the class as it is with the use of all skills angel touch on healer/debuff mobs/ pickup .

All Enchanters need's to know how to play they'r class and this way u can learn not just make a macro and be a boot for the rest of your life.

And if you have an iss like that in party just replace him.

GL

• Like 1

I prfer to have iss on macro, at least then i know he is doing the angel touch at a set interval.

Healer should also be smart enough to know angel touch wont have 100% reuse and needs to use purge to cover downtime of angel touch.

Stay on range of progressive heal - 900 if I remember right. When someone need ress go to lower range when you have celestial/party purge/party celestial/angel touch up on yourself.

Edited by marw
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 5:05 PM, Helv said:

You should find a feoh that stuns/knockdowns and snares mobs all the time (they must use wind or earth element and proper skills) and your life will be 9000% easier. With a small donation (aka prestige pack), if both ISS and healer have eva runes, they can cast angel's touch and brilliant purge one after another so the healer becomes immune to debuffs 100% of the time. ISS casts BR only while b.purge is up. This requires great attention on both sides but it's a fairly easy way even for newbies to sweep through AF.

The debuff chance from mobs depends heavily on level difference. There is either very small or no effect from the jewels and armor sets. Replace your armor and weapon as suggested above by others. Even your DPS on main will get a bit better with +8 top and pants.

On 12/17/2017 at 8:52 PM, Helv said:

You should be strict on everyone, not only ISSes. See if you can achieve your goal with the current party and how much effort/time it needs from your side, then use PR wisely :P

On 12/18/2017 at 3:31 PM, Chrysty said:

/target Healer
/useskill Angel Touch
/targetnext
/useskill debuff1
/useskill debuff2
/pickup
/useskill Battle Rapsody
/attack

This macro is total BS. Without polymorph after debuffs, the ISS will end up either dead or with zero MP and they will probably waste BR due to lack of b.purge. /Attack is useless because wiz.harmony is needed for BR cooldown and ISS doesn't deal damage anyway... unless they have OP gear but then they probably don't need that macro anyway. Sonatas?

On 12/20/2017 at 1:36 PM, marw said:

Stay on range of progressive heal - 900 if I remember right. When someone need ress go to lower range when you have celestial/party purge/party celestial/angel touch up on yourself.

You can still get pulled if the captain is between you and the person you're targeting with progressive. Running (to someone to res them) is not the strongest trait of a healer, you should avoid that.

3 hours ago, Alexiel said:

This macro is total BS. Without polymorph after debuffs, the ISS will end up either dead or with zero MP and they will probably waste BR due to lack of b.purge. /Attack is useless because wiz.harmony is needed for BR cooldown and ISS doesn't deal damage anyway... unless they have OP gear but then they probably don't need that macro anyway. Sonatas?

Dude, before open your mouth for nothing, just buy a brain.

I gave a macro for farming, not AFK farming. When sonatas are needed, do 3 clicks and lunch back the farming macro. That's all. Maybe you don't know how to farm ? If you don't have good gear this mean you have tank in party to agro mobs, so you can debuff without getting killed instantly. An iss don't do a lot of damages, but it's still better than waiting without doing anything else. Hard isn't ?

Sometimes the BR will be interrupted, yes, and THEN ? Damn that's a faking big problem to get one BR interrupted while farming 1,2,3h !!! Oh my god !!

Edited by Chrysty

1) Make a +18 ferious the event is still up gives 50% dmg on your party and protect you a lot . 2) upgrade is abudance and 7s witch you can gamble on later events they always put one of those 2 . 3) garnet lvl 6 with the purge will save you from this bad luck moments and you don’t need to rely on an iss 4) a +10 bloody set is a must for any instance allso get and a +10 pvp just in case you want to pvp . 5 ) 30 day jewels are good and not expensive at all 8000 na coins with other items on this pack . With this simple improvements you are rtg 

1 hour ago, KKKm said:

1) Make a +18 ferious the event is still up gives 50% dmg on your party and protect you a lot . 2) upgrade is abudance and 7s witch you can gamble on later events they always put one of those 2 . 3) garnet lvl 6 with the purge will save you from this bad luck moments and you don’t need to rely on an iss 4) a +10 bloody set is a must for any instance allso get and a +10 pvp just in case you want to pvp . 5 ) 30 day jewels are good and not expensive at all 8000 na coins with other items on this pack . With this simple improvements you are rtg 

Your suggestions are irrelevant specifically for topic starter.

KKKm, please hold my beer while i go and rob a bank :)

Anyway, for now I've given up on my healer dual, I need to practice, but kama is too easy and AF is too hard (unless the party is geared up +++++), can't find anything in between to improve my playstyle :( I'll retry once I manage to upgrade my gear a bit.

• Haha 1
On 17/12/2017 at 2:05 PM, Helv said:

Hi guys, would you be able to help me out a bit? I can't handle AF Faction on my healer. Mobs keep dragging and stunning me all the time, even when I keep long distance. Are there any tips and tricks that may help me or is it only about upgrading gear?

AF only works with me when I ask an ISS to keep Angel's touch on me at all times, but most ISSes don't wanna be bothered and cast it every once in a while when they get reminded or just feel like it, so my conclusion is that other healers do not relay on it as much.

In terms of debuff resistance I have: zaken, ring of creation, knights AP with 10% debuff resistance, abundance lvl1

Other equipment:
Eternal light set +5,5,5,6,7 and a shadow buster +7 (well... life's tough), Valakas (normal, I also have Frintezza's Sould Necklace on my alt which I can switch if needed)

I also always use a buff like ferya's art of seduction and such that I got from events.

I think I could afford to upgrade to Eternal+6 to get additional 10% debuff resistance, but I'm not sure if that's the thing I should focus on and I can't buy everything. Any suggestions? 

Also, please keep in mind I'm poor and my main is a wynn, so I try to pick gear whih I can use for both classes.

As you'r using light set, you should have not impressive but good pdef and phys resistance, I'd try the upgrade for +6 or even selling it and getting a +6/7 light bless r95 set (cheaper and better bonus than your current set);

also, drop that shadow buster and get an 2sa apocalypse (or even requiem if you r rly rly poor) and put SA as HP/HP/acumen (I guess your casting speed is rly low with that light right now). Also, make sure you put all AP into knight section specially aimed for HP;

while farming, try to switch that valakas for frintezza soul, try to getting a cheap orfen soul too (or anthy normal or a bless zaken if you find one cheap)

if you dont care for pvp/oly, build all your resistances to dark (5 pieces should make you higher than 600+ to dark resist);

Some can find it useless, but I really advice you to work on an AF faction talisman and put it as higher as you can (ie. at +10, it provides a -10% dmg reduction from any 'embryo' mob plus some extra pdef/mdef. works for any other faction too with its respective talisman). Get a pve belt too, it would help a bit (-7% dmg from pve). There's a special potion in olympiad manager npc that increase stun/mental attacks by 5%, you should try them too;

For party setup, simply avoid any farming pt for AF without 1 feoh at minimum, because snare is A MUST (no jokes), look if tank isnt too squishy (today it can be very very deceiving, as it seems from this update all noobs/fingerless/clueless tank players were spot on mercilessly) and yes, every Iss should priorize AT on healer whenever you r outside farming in a high danger place (you get debuffed > tank dies > support dd aka tyrr dies > main dd dies > fail);

Quit being too far, now the mechanics have changed as with the new tank agro aura. Just stand beside tank, on top of where snare is being cast, and target yourself do to your progressive heal, this way any mob targeting you will rapidily change agro to tank and/or get snare'ed and you keep healing yourself and others around (but make sure you grow some nice hp build for that). Use celestial/brilliant purge wisely (for brilliant purge, always watch AT cd from iss, aka while you have AT, keep mass purge and do single purge instead. Also, watch for captain mob respawn as you'd know when to cast mass purge to avoid its stun debuff - ask one close range dd to priorize target/token up on captain as soon as it respawns).

Try those above and rinse and repeat till you r used to it. It's not easy but it's not that hard as you think, gl.

Edited by Astarothy
  • 4 weeks later...

Buy Anakim talisman, Abundance outlaw and make diamond 2/3. you will see big difference. Discussion if R95 blessed +8 or R99 +7 is more defense is not the case to survive AF aoe. Makre sure that set you are wearing has 3 parts +120 dark go to aden and buy Dark resistance potion near Aden Blacksmith house. always keep all the attribute resistances for dark up and don't delete tem. If u kept PoWind/Water use it instead of Drum melody.

If you are in party with iss who does not angel touch healer in AF instance or aoe exp never go with him again. ISS bothered by doing Angel touch? And what the are doing actually? wasting mana on skills with 15k power added to their 10k patak to deal 896 of critical dmg?.

Also for low geared parties it is good to have a good feoh (not equip). If he puts snare or reuse and tanks are pulling mobs by aura and just chain hydra the captains to the snare should work 99% times. The biggest danger is that tank runs around he pulls captains which will use the pull skill out of the reach of the kill spot so they are not interrupted by dmg/stun or pulls/knockbacks of the party. two captains out the reach and party dead.

Edited by Asachiara
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2017 at 5:54 PM, SecondBreath said:

@Helv Ok after reading this post I was like "b*tch mode on"

Look sweetie ANGEL TOUCH is a MUST!!! So just kick the stupid isses who does not use it !!!(if iss does not want to use angel touch 

tell him ok no heal /ress for you xD )

Log a box iss make a proper macro with angel touch on you

and your life will be way easier !

The captains there have "pull" skill , its not stun !!! so you need lindvior and earth wyn to

manage it a bit better without angel touch.

But as you said you are poor and you are not the only one who is poor around!

About your equip!!!!

GET RID OF THE VALAKAS and put FRINTEZA!!!! you are healer no DD!!!

GET RID OF THE SHADOW BUSTER!!!! take a simple buster Rgrade and put 2 sa on it!!! body/body acument!!!

your hp will be better your casting will be better and you will not be one shot at af even if you get stuned!!!

About your set try +8 r95 instead of +6 r99 in my opinion , and if you have dual that can put up robe change to robe

(hp rocks!!!).

About your AP i am not sure you have the proper ones >>^.^<<  you have to use knight tree BUT you need the guardians armor points to get

the 4x guardians life after (15% hp)

Hope this answer is helpfull enough :D >>^.^<<

+1 for SecondBreath, 

take an ISS that does his/her job, why would you make all the efford for gear etc if the others are to lazy to do their job, yes sadly boxed ISS's are sometimes more usefull then actives....

Gearwise I agree, any r-grade with 2sa body/body acumen will give better benefits then a shadow buster. 

Even blessed R95 robe +7  will give you better benefits then your current R99 light on heal. 

Use your Tezza!! 

AP all the way in Knight tree. HP,defences and resists. 

If you can't afford earth wyrm or lindvior (like many) find a spot behind a low rock. You will get stunned but you suddenly  get 100% pull resist without spending billions. 

Thank you so much guys for all the tips and tricks you have shared. That's a lot of good information.

I've done a few AF parties recenly and I think I've made some progress with the strategy, though I have to admit, dds were very well geared, so it was easier than with regular players.