I guess I have too many questions

Veiq

Hello everyone!

Let me start by saying that even though technically I'm a L2 veteran, in reality I know absolutely nothing about the game. If that makes any sense. I'm a returning player which played Lineage 2 many.... many, many, many.... many years ago as a teenager, and then stopped due to obvious reasons (education, career, relationship). Now I have plenty of free time again (not due to Covid, but in general), and since Lineage 2 will always have a special place in my heart, I'm ready for a second run.

That being said, I stopped playing before Kamael race was introduced. So that should probably give you a hint when exactly I stopped playing (I can't tell you because I don't actually remember - probably during the Interlude, but who knows). You can laugh, but Kamael race is a new thing for me.

And now - questions:

1) Could you please give me a brief (in your own words) explanation about the changes in the game since the moment I've left, or at least as far as you can remember;

2) Could you please summarize current state of the classes, for example which are considered to be op, good, mediocre, bad or completely useless. I'm particularly interested in Kamael classes, since that is a new thing for me;

3) What are the main risks that I should be aware of when starting a brand new character;

4) PLEASE provide some helpful tips.

Extra question: I've read several topics and what I see is that people are mainly complaining about the advantages of paying players. I can afford let's say 100 bucks monthly. Will that be enough or are we speaking about multiple thousands to even stay relevant?

P.S. Some folks on YouTube recommended exactly Classic to start my journey on, and personally I'm quite psyched about playing Lineage 2 again. So I hope to here something positive, although if the reality is rough don't be shy to say as it is.

Hey, like you i also returned to the game recently after a long break. Last time i played was the high five chronicle.  Im currently on Giran server for about 2-3 months now.

Its crazy how much the game has changed. The whole "classic" is very different to what you probably would expect. I was talking with high rank/ lvl players and every single one told me they have 3-4 parties in different locations for example Cruma tower/ catacombs farming adena to build up their mains. This took me by surprise so i went there and behold it was true, i couldn't find a spot to level.

Classes I'm not too sure about, it seems titans, duelist, summoners/ mages are all doing decent. Personally i chose duelist.

When making a new character i recommend to create other characters such as buffers so you can level all of them at the same time. Unfortunately this game has become a multi box fiesta.

Also you should know you will probably have a very hard time as a free to play player unless you're willing to invest a lot of time and money into your character.

btw Classic is my favorite version of the game, ive tried both live and aden servers and it just doesnt feel the same level of fun to me. I just wish there was more newbie friendly content, instances and better drop rates.

Welcome back Veiq.  My opinion below.

Too much has changed.  PK system is different, no penalty for being red.  When a player kills a red toon, nothing is dropped.  If a mob kills you while red you have a chance to drop something into jail, but you can buy it back out.  There is no Grade penalty.  My advice, look for S Grade everything you can, then put that gear on your L1 toon, follow the newbie guide to get to Level 20 in about 15 minutes.  Pick you main, and at least 4 boxes, more likely 5 boxes. Level them up together in duo's.  Melee main toons, need a WC, BD, PP, SWS and Cat buffs.  Mage mains need an OL, BD, PP, SWS, Pony, SE for Wild Magic and Empower.  Mage's exp faster than melee.  This is pretty much a solo game.  You can find clans, some are there with active players, but most player are already 80 plus so expect little help until you get up higher level.  On TI Private Warehouse is stil active and helping new players I think.

Yes you will have to invest in the game to be competitive.  But maybe you don't want to be.  If you are a mage, your goal is Antharas Lair, if you are Melee you will end up in TOI.  How much to invest is up to you.  I know of people that have/had over $100,000 in their toons.  I know others that don't spend $20 per month.  They aren't even on the same field when it comes to damage or capability. 

One of the biggest problems I see with the game is that the pay to win events have such low odds of success, only the biggest whales can afford top items. So people spending less feel defeated early because they can never keep up or even dent the whale bully's when they get bored and start wreaking havoc.  Thankfully most of them seem to have left the server because they ran so many other people off, not many left for them to hassle.  

Should you play?  If you have time, nostalgia and don't mind playing solo for a while go for it.  My advice don't pick a box/healer as your main, nobody needs them as most of us have our own already.  

On 12/22/2021 at 9:31 PM, Veiq said:

Hello everyone!

Let me start by saying that even though technically I'm a L2 veteran, in reality I know absolutely nothing about the game. If that makes any sense. I'm a returning player which played Lineage 2 many.... many, many, many.... many years ago as a teenager, and then stopped due to obvious reasons (education, career, relationship). Now I have plenty of free time again (not due to Covid, but in general), and since Lineage 2 will always have a special place in my heart, I'm ready for a second run.

That being said, I stopped playing before Kamael race was introduced. So that should probably give you a hint when exactly I stopped playing (I can't tell you because I don't actually remember - probably during the Interlude, but who knows). You can laugh, but Kamael race is a new thing for me.

And now - questions:

1) Could you please give me a brief (in your own words) explanation about the changes in the game since the moment I've left, or at least as far as you can remember;

2) Could you please summarize current state of the classes, for example which are considered to be op, good, mediocre, bad or completely useless. I'm particularly interested in Kamael classes, since that is a new thing for me;

3) What are the main risks that I should be aware of when starting a brand new character;

4) PLEASE provide some helpful tips.

Extra question: I've read several topics and what I see is that people are mainly complaining about the advantages of paying players. I can afford let's say 100 bucks monthly. Will that be enough or are we speaking about multiple thousands to even stay relevant?

P.S. Some folks on YouTube recommended exactly Classic to start my journey on, and personally I'm quite psyched about playing Lineage 2 again. So I hope to here something positive, although if the reality is rough don't be shy to say as it is.

There only like 10 quests which takes very fast to complete. (no class change quest etc.)

Elemental zones dont have adena drops (forge of gods, wall of argos, garden of eva)

monsters hit alot harder at higher level then you used to :)

dwarf crafting is alost 0% 

no grades for ss 1 type for all and they not craftable.

auto hunting function

no grade restrictions anymore (lv.1 can wear full S grade)

not that many options to exp efficiently like back in the days.

Dye complete revamped

PK fest in some farm spots :D

Kamael classes are glass cannons very low hp so my be difficult to level. but play what you think you will have fun with. 

there are non just make what you like. normally the new characters you make level faster due to you have better gear a lot of people reroll characters during exp events.

will advise you to make a BD and another buffer bare minum it will be a bit easier to level.

if you pay a lot any toon you can level, if you don't want to spent to much I would say melee/archer would be your best option with few buffers. expect to slow on getting gear. 

• 3 weeks later...

Best advice is to play 1 or 2 toons. ie. Warlock solo or with SwordSinger. Or maybe Paladin with BladeDancer/Orc/ etc.

Use  melody buff scroll bought with coins 10 L2 coin each you can buy a big stack for solo! or both toons for $40 rl cash and put them on auto use and other scrolls collected what are free.

Now setting out with nothing is a problem, i suggest buy another $40 worth of event chests and sell them to highest bidder then buy S grade gear and the rest on soul and spirit shots as required!

Then you need all the upgrades to slot in and on your toon and that is up to yourselves how to achieve.

I know this post is a few weeks old by now but decided to reply to it because that is as good advice as any going to anyone new or returning .

GL