Aegis Weapon is a SCAM

BurnCycle

I've waited a bit to see if juji replied to the multiple posts about this matter, but since he is ignoring the issue (most likely cause he doesn't know what to say) here is some information about the +25 reward that NCSoft added to the latest enchant event.

To start this conversation, no L2 official server has this weapon available. So don't expect to find info on it in any other part because that information doesn't exist.

Now the weapon itself is in the client, it is a weapon like any other Dragon weapon fragment or like any cursed weapon frag type. It doesn't have element and you can't put anything to it. Basically is useless.
Here is an example of the weapon that is in the client: (L2Central.info takes the data directly from the server files so you can find it there, doesn't mean the weapon is available there)

https://l2central.info/main/items/81987.html

As you can see it's a completely useless weapon, even worst it doesn't even specify how to upgrade. Now you may ask, maybe you can upgrade it somehow and the weapon might be useful, right? Wrong! the upgraded weapon is on the client/server info and as you can see it is as useless as this fragment. Here is an example:

https://l2central.info/main/items/81940.html
https://l2central.info/main/items/81943.html

So as you can see from the description, the idea from the weapon is to be some sort of appearance.

Now, why @Jujidecided to hide this from the player base, well maybe you can ask him but considering that, to get this reward, you have to abdicate of a stage 3 weapon of you choose, there is no other word to describe this... it is as SCAM.

PS: I know the majority of the people don't care about this, i myself would never try to get it if it was real, but as a principle i really dislike when game companies try to scam players like what is happening here. That's the main reason i'm creating this topic. Sorry for the spam. ;)

• Thanks 1

Not just that man, read my post above, you cant advertise an item to do 1 thing and spend 3 days arguing with support just to be told, working as intended, either fix the weapon or at least change the description, this company is heading towards closing quickly!

I too waited for support before coming here in hopes of  actual help, but sick of getting the shaft by these guys.

2 minutes ago, Ballkain said:

Not just that man, read my post above, you cant advertise an item to do 1 thing and spend 3 days arguing with support just to be told, working as intended, either fix the weapon or at least change the description, this company is heading towards closing quickly!

Unfortunately they apparently can.  Being in the US makes them using a lot of shady tactics that they wouldn't be able to use in other regions.

man, I gotta 100% disagree here, maybe other countries can get away with this, but not here.   there's not even small print on a lot of this to cover their butts.  i'm growing rather impatient waiting for a response about my ticket, and I will not just go away.  They are robbing people of tons of money, this won't end well.

37 minutes ago, Ballkain said:

man, I gotta 100% disagree here, maybe other countries can get away with this, but not here.   there's not even small print on a lot of this to cover their butts.  i'm growing rather impatient waiting for a response about my ticket, and I will not just go away.  They are robbing people of tons of money, this won't end well.

they will start deleting ur posts

For all interested, it was confirmed by petition that this item is indeed the one that i linked and that there is no upgrade version for that fragment yet. So it is indeed a scam.

Has @Hyperlitesaid on discord, may god have mercy on the soul of the person that gets this from a +22 with a giant scroll! :)

They final crossed the line from shady to criminal.

In the US all games of chance (which this is) have to have legitimate prizes even if the probability to get them is low.  If they include a prize that does not exist that is false misrepresentation of prizes and value and constitutes criminal fraud.

As they have taken people's money and people have tried to work towards a goal that does not exist, think of it as them running a race that really has no finish line; it cannot be won.

6 hours ago, Slycutter said:

They final crossed the line from shady to criminal.

In the US all games of chance (which this is) have to have legitimate prizes even if the probability to get them is low.  If they include a prize that does not exist that is false misrepresentation of prizes and value and constitutes criminal fraud.

As they have taken people's money and people have tried to work towards a goal that does not exist, think of it as them running a race that really has no finish line; it cannot be won.

The item does exist, is just worthless.
GL doing something about on the US.

Maybe he's just being a decent human being and trying to warn others about the actions seen lately.   Some people I guess are ok with this sort of business model,  we see them sticking up for them.  The amount of money being thrown at this event shows many don't care, just need that shiny new item, whether it works or not.   It's too bad, I returned to the game I loved when I left,  only to find the game part is gone.