Ghost Hunter

Crossmouth

Hello Everybody!!

i would just like to know your opinion on how im doing with my GH.. please inform me on what im doing wrong or what should i do to maximize damage and level up faster,

Currently im lv110 still struggling to level up as fast as i can..

Armor Set:

now im wearing +8 R110 Bloody Set FE -  saving for +10 limited or at the minimum +8 limited set.

Jewel Set:

lv4 Ruby, lv4 red cat, lv4 opal, lv5 emerald, lv3 pearl, lv3 diamond - still on the process of making them greater 1 or at least all lv5

im also planning to buy Greater Aquamarine for Reuse, and PVP Jewels for PVP time.

Weapon:

+12 Bloody Dual Dagger FE - will try to make at least +16.. the Augment is another story because for the meantime i wont spend much for stones with a +12. for now it's Skill Crit rate +10% i know i dont need this because i crit almost all the time but sill saving for stones.

Cloak:

+10 Elmore Cloak. willing to spend on cloak event to make it at least +13 or maybe +15 why not.

will buy an Elmorden +10 for occasional PVP.

Accessories:

+12 Atlas Earring, +6 Angel's Ring, Necklace, Earring, +6 Fallen Angels Earing. all of them Crafted lv1 except for the Fallen angel which has lv3 (+3CHA)

all augment of my Jewels are + Skill Crit DMG. still trying to get to max +5%.. as of the moment some are 2 and 3%

Top brooch currently +2, the Bracelet from event that gives +10% P. Atk. LV3 Artifact Book, will make this Top sooner or later.

Shirt is +5 Dragon Leather Shirt.. will make it Rind i dont know when.. but will..

Artifacts:

P.Atk Balance +5, Skill Crit dmg Balance+4, P.Atk Crit Dmg+4, P.atk Red +4, Skill Crit DMG +4, Skill Power+4. Pdef+4 and EXP+4

Skills:

all dmg skills are+15 will make it +20 when the time comes (good event)

all other skills are at lv10-12

forgotten skills, DMG skill is at lv10, the rest is lv5 i think. still thinking of upgrading the def and the element.

Agathions:

im wearing a Stage3 seed bracelet and in it are, +7 Aries, Leo, Scorpion and Anakim. i have an extra + 7 Cancer when i upgrade the Bracelet to Stg3.

Homunculus:

Top Tanga.. trying to get Top Nymph but Still no Luck!!

Tattoo:

this is also one point that i want to know.. as of now i am wearing lv5 Ancient STR so i have +5 STR but what i want to know is do i need to change it to the new tattoos? if so, im planning to get Lv6 at least. Skill Crit, Skill power and Patk.

.. My Iss Tandem is 109 Heirophant and sometimes i do trio with Iss Dancer.

Thank you Everybody for taking time to read this and commenting.

6 hours ago, Crossmouth said:

Hello Everybody!!

i would just like to know your opinion on how im doing with my GH.. please inform me on what im doing wrong or what should i do to maximize damage and level up faster,

Currently im lv110 still struggling to level up as fast as i can..

Armor Set:

now im wearing +8 R110 Bloody Set FE -  saving for +10 limited or at the minimum +8 limited set.

Jewel Set:

lv4 Ruby, lv4 red cat, lv4 opal, lv5 emerald, lv3 pearl, lv3 diamond - still on the process of making them greater 1 or at least all lv5

im also planning to buy Greater Aquamarine for Reuse, and PVP Jewels for PVP time.

Weapon:

+12 Bloody Dual Dagger FE - will try to make at least +16.. the Augment is another story because for the meantime i wont spend much for stones with a +12. for now it's Skill Crit rate +10% i know i dont need this because i crit almost all the time but sill saving for stones.

Cloak:

+10 Elmore Cloak. willing to spend on cloak event to make it at least +13 or maybe +15 why not.

Accessories:

+12 Atlas Earring, +6 Angel's Ring, Necklace, Earring, +6 Fallen Angels Earing. all of them Crafted lv1 except for the Fallen angel which has lv3 (+3CHA)

all augment of my Jewels are + Skill Crit DMG. still trying to get to max +5%.. as of the moment some are 2 and 3%

Top brooch currently +2, the Bracelet from event that gives +10% P. Atk. LV3 Artifact Book, will make this Top sooner or later.

Shirt is +5 Dragon Leather Shirt.. will make it Rind i dont know when.. but will..

Artifacts:

P.Atk Balance +5, Skill Crit dmg Balance+4, P.Atk Crit Dmg+4, P.atk Red +4, Skill Crit DMG +4, Skill Power+4. Pdef+4 and EXP+4

Skills:

forgotten skills, DMG skill is at lv10, the rest is lv5 i think. still thinking of upgrading the def and the element.

Agathions:

im wearing a Stage3 seed bracelet and in it are, +7 Aries, Leo, Scorpion and Anakim. i have an extra + 7 Cancer when i upgrade the Bracelet to Stg3.

Homunculus:

Tattoo:

this is also one point that i want to know.. as of now i am wearing lv5 Ancient STR so i have +5 STR but what i want to know is do i need to change it to the new tattoos? if so, im planning to get Lv6 at least. Skill Crit, Skill power and Patk.

Thank you Everybody for taking time to read this and commenting.

Too good mate!Just give time to lvling

3 hours ago, McByczek said:

But you have nothing to do in your life anyway, so you can make another gun box: D buhaha

Red Libra  NO

1 minute ago, IvanDragunov said:

Too good mate!Just give time to lvling

Try dual class skills 

+27% skill power

-4% skill reuse

+5% Cr.Damage/Skill Cr.Damage

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2022 at 1:31 AM, Crossmouth said:

Armor Set:

dont focus a new armor set. +8 r110 bloody is all you need at the moment and for the future. i doubt you find a +8 limited set.

in pvp, your no take dmg skills is how you stay alive (disparition, shadow evasion, shirt skills, etc).  the dark dmg mitigation wont be useful in todays pvp bc most all are 1 shots.  you need to evade

the smarter option on armor would be to add some augments to your current pieces.  shoot for 1-2% pve dmg / 30-50 element / 1-3% patk.  any of those are good.

i dont really advise focusing element on a dagger, but at 110  it can be useful

Jewel Set:

ruby 5 is very cheap at the moment, and a big upgrade over lvl 4 lower.  red cat 5 is also a big increase in damage vs lvl 4 lower. the others i wouldnt focus on at the moment.  everything for a dagger is about dmg output. 1-2 shot mobs is the focus.

focusing a good 17-20% crit dmg augment would be nice on the daggers.  use only a purple stone.  p atk crit dmg or p skill crit dmg are fine.

for sa, be sure to use 2x kain for death and fire.

crit rate only matters in pvp, especially when ppl have crit dmg reducing items.

Cloak:

+10 elmore is good.  do you have p skill crit dmg or p atk crit dmg 7.5% as 1st augment?

making a 10 into a 15 can be very  expensive.  Then, once +15, the 2nd augment getting 7.5% crit dmg or even better, 15% P/M skill power is even harder.

i recommend buying a 15 already made, but for now, your +10 is fine with the proper 1st augment

Accessories:

rings are fine, stay with double crit dmg rings (angel, fallen angel, dragon).  they apply very nicely to your stabs

earrings stay atlas +12 and lindvior or angel earring

accessory augments - 2 and 3% are fine. 5% is quite rare, ive seen only once.

top brooch 15% patk proc is very very nice.  you can also get a nice augment on a top brooch.

top artifact book is also very important, it changes drum melody counter crit proc to be more crit dmg.  daggers see this benefit in full.

seed bracelet 4 is nice, but on dagger, 2 is all you really need.  Aries / Leo / Scorpio.  As long as those are slotted, you should be fine.

shirt to dragon rind is nice, but more of a defensive item because rind ups the dmg reduction from crits. id focus othe upgrades like top art book 1st over shirt

i assume you have rad circlet authority +5?

Artifacts:

Fighter (Red) should be: P Atk Crtit DMG / P Skill Crit DMG / P Skill Power

patk scales the worst on a dagger, but very nicely on a yul if your dual is a yul

Protection: HP / Pdef / Crit Reduction

Support: Xp / Vitality / VR or ay other one you like

Balance: 11% P skill power / patk crit dmg / p skill crit dmg / patk are the big main ones.

on artifact event, focus +4 to +7.  on a +3 artifact event promo, finish +7 to +10.

Skills:

skills +15 are fine.  be sure stabs are for power, hide for time, shadow chase for chance.  also, focus patk boost on skills like shadow evasion and shadow dash

forgotten power is huge.  after that, focus forgotten def for reuse at 20-30

after that, it gets very expensive for minimal boosts. forgotten power is really all you "need"

Agathions:

I referenced this above, but you are on the right track here.  wait for an agathion event to up them more or buy greaters for cheap.

Homunculus:

top tange is a very very good homu on dagger. you get the patk and p atk crit dmg.  the poroc should activate in normal afk pve.

top nymph is very good on dmg output yes, but top ari should be the goal. reuse > all.

on homus, getting a top (red) one is the hardest aspect.  you have top tanga, invest in it, get it lvl 5 and 3/3 on spheres. you wont be disappointed with it. when I was 110-116 i used top tanga exclusively and i also had top ari.  it was more dmg which i needed.  once you 1 shot always, reuse starts to pay off and add xp/hour or adena/hour, whichever you are looking at.

Tattoo:

on the new dyes, you want lvl 5+ of: P Atk Crit DMG / P Skill Crit DMG / P Skill Power

i want to make sure you understand the mechanic of how dagger stabs work.  they use both p atk crit dmg AND p skill crit dmg.  these stack additively to each other on every stab. it is the only class that behaves like this.

For example, a ring that gives 15% crit dmg and 15% p skill crit dmg is actually +30% dmg on your stabs.

and again, patk scales the least well of the 4 main dmg stats.

get the iss(s) to 110 for toi entrance in the future.  all a dagger needs is pom and assault and you can go anywhere. i prefer sword muse over bladedancer bc theyre more defensive if assisting and song of archery is very nice.

good luck, if you have any questions let me know.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

ruby 5 is very cheap at the moment, and a big upgrade over lvl 4 lower.  red cat 5 is also a big increase in damage vs lvl 4 lower. the others i wouldnt focus on at the moment.  everything for a dagger is about dmg output. 1-2 shot mobs is the focus.

Well crafting a lv5 ruby is difficult but i will try my best to get one ASAP, that goes the same with red cat. Now there i stay and level up, i usually do 1-2 hits im aiming for always 1hit. 

focusing a good 17-20% crit dmg augment would be nice on the daggers.  use only a purple stone.  p atk crit dmg or p skill crit dmg are fine.

for sa, be sure to use 2x kain for death and fire.

crit rate only matters in pvp, especially when ppl have crit dmg reducing items.

Just the other day i got a +15% skill crit dmg augment on my dagger. Lucky me, im not going to spend on weapon augment anytime soon. 

my SAs are Death Fire, i just want to make them at least +10. 

skills +15 are fine.  be sure stabs are for power, hide for time, shadow chase for chance.  also, focus patk boost on skills like shadow evasion and shadow dash

forgotten power is huge.  after that, focus forgotten def for reuse at 20-30

after that, it gets very expensive for minimal boosts. forgotten power is really all you "need"

Yes this is where i am at right now, there is just too much to do i have to prioritize the best bang for the buck, the most increase in damage with the less adena spent. 

Fighter (Red) should be: P Atk Crtit DMG / P Skill Crit DMG / P Skill Power

patk scales the worst on a dagger, but very nicely on a yul if your dual is a yul

Protection: HP / Pdef / Crit Reduction

Support: Xp / Vitality / VR or ay other one you like

Balance: 11% P skill power / patk crit dmg / p skill crit dmg / patk are the big main ones.

on artifact event, focus +4 to +7.  on a +3 artifact event promo, finish +7 to +10.

Yes my dual is yul, and i am going to make me a minimum of +4 red atk crit dmg artifact. Maybe that will be the first ill make when i have adena. 

rings are fine, stay with double crit dmg rings (angel, fallen angel, dragon).  they apply very nicely to your stabs

earrings stay atlas +12 and lindvior or angel earring

accessory augments - 2 and 3% are fine. 5% is quite rare, ive seen only once.

top brooch 15% patk proc is very very nice.  you can also get a nice augment on a top brooch.

top artifact book is also very important, it changes drum melody counter crit proc to be more crit dmg.  daggers see this benefit in full.

seed bracelet 4 is nice, but on dagger, 2 is all you really need.  Aries / Leo / Scorpio.  As long as those are slotted, you should be fine.

shirt to dragon rind is nice, but more of a defensive item because rind ups the dmg reduction from crits. id focus othe upgrades like top art book 1st over shirt

i assume you have rad circlet authority +5?

accessory augments are 1-2 trying to get them all at least 3% skill crit dmg. 

one of my problem now is crystal of dawns are effing expensive i need 50 to get the artifact book to top. 

yes rad authority is +5 i quit upgrading that sht i just bought one. 

on the new dyes, you want lvl 5+ of: P Atk Crit DMG / P Skill Crit DMG / P Skill Power

I will make +6 of them when the right event comes. 

top nymph is very good on dmg output yes, but top ari should be the goal. reuse > all.

Okay will target ari from now on. Actually i want to buy a g aquamarine for it’s reuse. 

get the iss(s) to 110 for toi entrance in the future.  all a dagger needs is pom and assault and you can go anywhere. i prefer sword muse over bladedancer bc theyre more defensive if assisting and song of archery is very nice.

My main Iss Heiro is 109 and leveling up with me so in time it will reach 110. about the 2nd support, i have a shillien templar for more def and reuse but will have to level it up and add more gear for it. 

One last question, which is better in improving my dmg, exalted ring that gives +15% skill crit dmg or the +6 fallen angel ring? 

thank you so much for the guidance. 

2 minutes ago, Crossmouth said:

One last question, which is better in improving my dmg, exalted ring that gives +15% skill crit dmg or the +6 fallen angel ring? 

thank you so much for the guidance. 

in dmg output, they are the same.  both are 30% crit dmg rings for a dagger.

fallen angel is better because it gives confusion atk which helps shadow chase.  the exalted ring is infection atk which is worthless.

6 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

in dmg output, they are the same.  both are 30% crit dmg rings for a dagger.

fallen angel is better because it gives confusion atk which helps shadow chase.  the exalted ring is infection atk which is worthless.

im glad that im in the right track more or less..

may i ask about the dual skills, im currently using master's rage(+27% skill power pups up once in a while) ,death and attack lv2. 

for the advanced, p.atk boost, attack attribute and defense attribute..

7 hours ago, Crossmouth said:

im glad that im in the right track more or less..

may i ask about the dual skills, im currently using master's rage(+27% skill power pups up once in a while) ,death and attack lv2. 

for the advanced, p.atk boost, attack attribute and defense attribute..

for dual skills i use:  master rage / recovery / death

higher dual skills: wep patk / adena drop / element

4 hours ago, Fred0 said:

what ap do you use? 

berserker's eagle is good or no need for dagger?

berserker eagle doesnt affect stabs, just white attacks (swinging daggers at mobs without skills)

Row 1: 4x Bers Might / 1x Bers Element

Row 2: 3x Bers Craft Foc / 2x Bers Backfire / 3x Bers Focus

Row 3: 3x Bers Craft Death / 3x Bers Death Whisp

Row 4: 2x Bers Battle / 2x Bers Fire / 1x Bers Skill Reduction

Row 5: 2x Bers Binding Attack / 2x Bers Divine Attack

Row 6: 1x Bers Combat Master

After those, i add Berserker Mortal / more element / xp sp / more hp as needed

4 hours ago, Fred0 said:

i m 109 GH if i change for FS do i lose all my oe skill and skill (rune stone)?

you loose only the class unique skills and skill enchants. skills like heartbreaker, chain blow, etc dont reset or change

On 2/6/2022 at 12:42 AM, iHyperlite said:

for dual skills i use:  master rage / recovery / death

higher dual skills: wep patk / adena drop / element

berserker eagle doesnt affect stabs, just white attacks (swinging daggers at mobs without skills)

Row 1: 4x Bers Might / 1x Bers Element

Row 2: 3x Bers Craft Foc / 2x Bers Backfire / 3x Bers Focus

Row 3: 3x Bers Craft Death / 3x Bers Death Whisp

Row 4: 2x Bers Battle / 2x Bers Fire / 1x Bers Skill Reduction

Row 5: 2x Bers Binding Attack / 2x Bers Divine Attack

Row 6: 1x Bers Combat Master

After those, i add Berserker Mortal / more element / xp sp / more hp as needed

you loose only the class unique skills and skill enchants. skills like heartbreaker, chain blow, etc dont reset or change

Thank you @iHyperlitethis really helps! my target is be able to farm at least 1b a day but im still at 500 more or less...

• 9 months later...

@iHyperlite hey pal, great tips here, however, did you by any chance missed the Necklace analysis? I know that skill cooldown and skill dmg would be priority, but which ones would you suggest (beside god's which are hi end game)

Also, revelation skills? like Disparition, undying and Berserker, which ones would be your choice for pve/pvp?

Cheers 

On 11/19/2022 at 2:37 AM, SafeStash said:

@iHyperlite hey pal, great tips here, however, did you by any chance missed the Necklace analysis? I know that skill cooldown and skill dmg would be priority, but which ones would you suggest (beside god's which are hi end game)

Also, revelation skills? like Disparition, undying and Berserker, which ones would be your choice for pve/pvp?

Cheers 

B Vala for budget. If you can't get that, any 10% reuse necklace I guess is fine.

Gran kain 1 is best pve and most damage

I like dragon neck 3 for pvp for more reuse 

Revelation skills:

Pve: savage and disparition 

Pvp: disparition and undying will

I personally use dispa and undying

• Like 1

Thanks for your prompt reply @iHyperlite!

I was also wondering if you have ever dug deeper into the limits/caps or break points of p.skill Crit Dmg / p.atk Crit dmg accumulation we can get.

Does it always provide additional damage or does it have diminishing returns?

How much element should we run with? Likewise, is there a breaking point?

and last but not least, P.Skill Crit Dmg VS P.Skill Crit Rate, is the latter a stat we should have a minimum of ?

Thanks again for the tips buddy!

On 11/22/2022 at 6:32 AM, SafeStash said:

Thanks for your prompt reply @iHyperlite!

I was also wondering if you have ever dug deeper into the limits/caps or break points of p.skill Crit Dmg / p.atk Crit dmg accumulation we can get.

Does it always provide additional damage or does it have diminishing returns?

there is no upper level cap for crit damage (patk or skill), skill power, or patk.  all 4 stats are basically 1% stat = 1% dmg on target as a rough calculation. 

I find patk scales just slightly less than crit dmg and skill power, but for a fortune seeker who uses AoE, you would want patk over p atk crit dmg bc p atk crit dmg doesnt apply to any dagger aoe like it does on blows.

How much element should we run with? Likewise, is there a breaking point?

for element, i suggest checking the #learnatorium section of the official l2 discord.  so much better info there to give info towards element and how much you ened for each zone.

i personally never focused element, even when i ran r110.   i found that after 116-117, it was very difficult and expensive to spec in element much past armor augs, and after 117ish you need 1800+ attack element.

i never sacrificed a straight damage item (example red artifact slot) for element, nor would i now.  element is rather situational for each zone and what you are doing.  I do not think i missed much by not focusing it.

once you get a 999 wep, you never worry about element again.

and last but not least, P.Skill Crit Dmg VS P.Skill Crit Rate, is the latter a stat we should have a minimum of ?

Thanks again for the tips buddy!

dagger blows dealt with dual daggers land at 80% rate.  this means, 20% of the time, you will just do no damage.  A shaper lands blows at 82.5% rate roughly.

a blow has 2 parts to it, the patk crit dmg part, and the p skill crit dmg part.  this is hard to see on awakened toons because you always crit both parts of the stab.

in pvp, skill crit rate matters, because enemies can have items/buffs that reduce the rate they receive skill crits.  this is where you need a skill crit rate item.

in pve, you do not need skill crit rate UNLESS you use AoE's like barrage of nails and wild plunder.  These ARE affected by skill crit rate much like a yul, and these skills are much more in line with a yul skill.  p atk crit dmg does NOT affect dmg, direction passives do NOT affect dmg because they arent blows.

to AoE, u need uber gear as an othel.

good luck

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@iHyperlite 

First, let me thank you for the time, effort, and patience you put into this post.  I came here with a question and think you already answered it.  I recently changed my razor rain to power thinking when cloak proc or br, i'd be able to aoe 1 shot groups of mobs.  But mostly what I am seeing is the mobs effected by the skills slowness but they are taking 0 damage.  For example, korfin, I pull all mobs, razor rain, most mobs have the skills debuff,  but all still full hp.  Seems like I should of left it at chance?  

Also, while I'm here, balance  artifact accuracy, yay or nay?  Sounds like a good idea, more accuracy on a dagger, but does it actually do anything and is it worth sacrificing a slot where an mdef or similar could be worn?

On 1/8/2023 at 5:08 AM, Ballkain said:

@iHyperlite 

First, let me thank you for the time, effort, and patience you put into this post.  I came here with a question and think you already answered it.  I recently changed my razor rain to power thinking when cloak proc or br, i'd be able to aoe 1 shot groups of mobs.  But mostly what I am seeing is the mobs effected by the skills slowness but they are taking 0 damage.  For example, korfin, I pull all mobs, razor rain, most mobs have the skills debuff,  but all still full hp.  Seems like I should of left it at chance?  

Also, while I'm here, balance  artifact accuracy, yay or nay?  Sounds like a good idea, more accuracy on a dagger, but does it actually do anything and is it worth sacrificing a slot where an mdef or similar could be worn?

currently, i do not see any affect accuracy has on stab landrate, but i do have a +7 p accuracy balance artifact and the AP for revelation skill increase which also adds accuracy.  This may change in 3 months when we get an update as it is rumored that the dagger blow formula is altered.  however, currently, it does not appear to affect anything on blows or aoes or skill usage in general on any class. i would keep the accuracy artifacts for now until next update just in case theyre needed again.

for barrage of nails and aoes in general, it takes ALOT of gear.  the skill power of the skill is down in the 30k range, and patk crit dmg doesnt affect it in any way.  When compared to a blows damage, it will be 1/10 to 1/15 of the damage a blow does.  It also requires quite of skill crit rate items to make the aoe crit all the time (+5 greater cancer / stage 1 daggers + / skill crit rate balance artifact +10 / 114+ dex) to gets these skills critting 90% - 100% of the time.

the lack of damage on barrage is not surprising. there are not many othels who an aoe as a main approach, and the ones who can have ridiculous gear.

for barrage enchant.  pve = power.  if you ever pvp or do oly, chance is definitely better because its the only way you will beat a seer (the skill prevents hide and slows) and kite others toons because the aoe radius is the same on either enchant and not requiring a target is nice when you need to kite.

also, for aoe's its green mobs to white max.  for example, at 120 my aoes 1 shot PI top zone.  Beast farm they 1-3 shot depending the buffs up.  fafu I need cloak 18 + br to even make aoe viable and its still 4-5 shots.  but my stabs 1 - 2 shot fafu pretty much perma.  level difference matters alot.  with this said, i know 120 daggers who cannot aoe like this in PI and beast, so it really depends the supporting gear on your toon to make it good.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dsturbio said:

@iHyperliteQuestion. There is a lot of difference between R110 DUAL DAGGER +8  and ones +12 ?

I do not know if to invest in weapon upgrade  or other items 

not much difference in on target damage between the 2.  dagger power comes from stacking all crit dmg type items along with p skill power and patk, not higher weapon patk.

for example, stage 1 daggers vs r110, the passive sa of 30% crit dmg is why people care about stage 1, not the extra patk on the weapon.