We NEED a page with Race/Class/Items/Quest Info etc

metricblu3

Lineage 2 has stood the test of time. All these years, many people depended on other sites for the information on Race/Class/Skill/Items etc.

With L2Wiki.com practically gone, though its not a perfect site we have lost all information on how to do many things.

We need a database updated by NCsoft with comprehensive information about everything in-game.

This will be very helpful for people who may want to give this game a try and for veteran players too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Hime@Juji@Arctic@LIME@EMpulse and whoever else it may concern from the Dev team

I would like to vote for this, as well.

Every player needs a reliable knowledge database to check on classes, skills, items, hunting areas - basically every information that cannot included in the User Interface.

I've been playing since 2005, we never had a decent library on this site; we always had to google things up, from other regions, discuss about it on L2blah, check L2wiki and the Russian website, in order to learn information.

It's not even easy to find information that actually exist on your website. Case in point, happened today: I wanted to find about the Shilen Crystal SA's /lvl; first move, google it. First result, redirects here, on correct title, but empty page... I had to use Internet Archives to find it or scroll down almost 2 years ago in the news section.

I can't tell you if it's easy or not, I'm not a web page developer. What I can tell you, is that it will help a lot of people looking for accurate information.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2022 at 5:09 AM, metricblu3 said:

Lineage 2 has stood the test of time. All these years, many people depended on other sites for the information on Race/Class/Skill/Items etc.

With L2Wiki.com practically gone, though its not a perfect site we have lost all information on how to do many things.

We need a database updated by NCsoft with comprehensive information about everything in-game.

This will be very helpful for people who may want to give this game a try and for veteran players too!

On 2/5/2022 at 9:26 PM, nikanji said:

@Hime@Juji@Arctic@LIME@EMpulse and whoever else it may concern from the Dev team

Every player needs a reliable knowledge database to check on classes, skills, items, hunting areas - basically every information that cannot included in the User Interface.

I've been playing since 2005, we never had a decent library on this site; we always had to google things up, from other regions, discuss about it on L2blah, check L2wiki and the Russian website, in order to learn information.

It's not even easy to find information that actually exist on your website. Case in point, happened today: I wanted to find about the Shilen Crystal SA's /lvl; first move, google it. First result, redirects here, on correct title, but empty page... I had to use Internet Archives to find it or scroll down almost 2 years ago in the news section.

I can't tell you if it's easy or not, I'm not a web page developer. What I can tell you, is that it will help a lot of people looking for accurate information.

Thanks in advance.

+1

On 2/5/2022 at 9:26 PM, nikanji said:

Thanks in advance.

+1

Why do these websites go down? is it money, is it ncsoft doing some copyright thing?

We had so many good ones over the years but they disappear. Wonder why...

Would be really interesting to work on one, as we never had a proper official l2 west wiki?, so  I would think a lot of people would be interested doing it for free in their own time, we just need a friendly hand from ncsoft to give us access to these items. Maybe this new team could warm up to the idea.

But its 2022, nobody cares what we want!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

+1,

It's an absurd you don't have any knowledge base, when I want to find out about stuff I either need to check old update notes which I keep saving on my local drive or ask people in game. Any info from NC West gets lost within the news posts on the website. You introduce a new item and post details in the news section and 2 years later nobody knows about it.

I really wonder how new players deal with it, from what I have noticed they don't know many basic things.