Update regarding Adena and L2 Coin Drops

Arctic

• Administrators

Hello everyone,

We have been actively discussing with the Dev team regarding their recent changes to Adena drops from Lv. 86+ monsters and L2 Coin drops in hunting zones since the update last week, and wanted to share an update.

Regarding Adena drops, the Dev team has clarified that adjustments were made because of the removal of the VIP system with the update, and the introduction of the Victory Collection Effects, which now give all players access to the 300% drop chance benefit (originally a VIP Tier 8 benefit).

Last week, we requested that the Dev Team further increase the Adena drops for Lv. 86+ hunting zones, but the fix is taking longer than expected as our discussions are still ongoing as the suggested fix to Adena quantity is below what we would like to see.

As for L2 Coin drops, the amount that could be acquired per day was reduced from 300 to 100 L2 Coins per day for Level 41 and higher. We're also in discussions about whether any modification can be made in this area.

We'll continue to update you on future developments, and deeply appreciate your continued feedback.

• Like 1

Is seriously? Will the investigation last the full month by the end of the "Venir 24" and "eyes cat lvl 5" event?

I don't know if they are making fun of the whole server or they just don't want to make the changes and want us to get used to it

Regarding Adena drops, the Dev team has clarified that adjustments were made because of the removal of the VIP system with the update, and the introduction of the Victory Collection Effects, which now give all players access to the 300% drop chance benefit (originally a VIP Tier 8 benefit).

what that means? you balanced the server by bringing a f2p vip system which is from Korea Ncsoft and you punishing the Nc west players because you wont get $$$ from the vip purchases? xD 

I am not that sharp can you elaborate why the adena adjustments happend since the new vip system?

Edited by kes1

when you say that all players have access to 300% drop chance benefit that means the party's damage dealer has to have that boost to get the boosted drop rate or the whole party ? How that works?

31 minutes ago, Arctic said:

1 - Regarding Adena drops, the Dev team has clarified that adjustments were made because of the removal of the VIP system with the update, and the introduction of the Victory Collection Effects, which now give all players access to the 300% drop chance benefit (originally a VIP Tier 8 benefit).

2 - We'll continue to update you on future developments, and deeply appreciate your continued feedback.

1 - The biggest problem is the amount of adena that is dropping and not the frequency that it is dropping... 300% is drop chance not drop amount

2 - Hard to believe once you guys barely answer a single question on forum... two extra gms and the same old care about your players

BTW I just lost one more friend after your upgrade thx so much

WHAT YOU MEAN “which now give all the players access to tier 8 benefit”? AS IF THATS OUR bleep FAULT! 

fix it ASAP! or rollback to previous patch! 

new expansion should make all players happy. NOT A bleep HEADACHE.. 

would be nice if YOU nerds consider and lower the cost of shots and ores while waiting it to be fixed. 

GIVE US SOMETHING for the meantime! 

Think all players would choose adena drops over The 300% item drop rate. It is completely useless.

To hunt in TOI or LoA u all need atleast +++ Agrade or s grade with boss jewels.

And the items that mobs drop are just A grade. Which u should already have by the time and selling them is u wont get much value for it.

That wasn't*announced, nobody informed the players of this.

Is this a joke to you guys? The hell with 300% drop "CHANCE" benefit. Rollback the damn update, it's disgusting and your players are unhappy cause they can't farm Adena for the needed consumables anymore. Are you trying to exterminate the in game currency, or are you trying to exterminate the Classic version all together?

@Jujicome on man. Act, for cryin out loud.

@Arctic Thank you for keeping us informed about what is going on. I was hopeful that the severe drop rate in adena was not intentional. 

Regarding Adena:

- i highly recomend bringing back the previous adena rate in toi

-i really REALLY recomend increasing the adena per mob in Lair of antharas to at least 10k Adena per mob so that people do not feel they need to only play a melee class in the server. 

I try be more constructive with my posts rather than upset so i hope you take these into consideration. To be perfectly honest i miss the VIP system as it gave me an added bonus to purchasing event boxes with NCoin. I look forward to seeing what becomes of these predicaments.

Thank you

• Thanks 2

@SheOrchas a good point i would sooner have the VIP system than the current system. I feel we need more content not a revamp of the UI/loot systems. She also has a fantastic point being made that very little if any of these chances were announced in detail to the players. This would constitute as false advertising under any standard consumer law.

@Arctic

@Juji

As for L2 Coin drops, the amount that could be acquired per day was reduced from 300 to 100 L2 Coins per day for Level 41 and higher. We're also in discussions about whether any modification can be made in this area.

About this, the drop rate of l2 coin is reduced and we dont get not even 100 lcoin per char per day.

the drop rate is disgustingly low not the amount of lcoin we care recieve.

We are not in the same state of the server as Korea/japan

with greater gems, +10 advanced agathions(both pve/pvp) +20 S weps, new pendant and cloaks.

Toi is for melee(very high mdef) 

LOA is for mages and archers (low mdef/bow weakness) 

Raise Adena/exp in both areas since u are not introducing Sel mahum camp/orc camp or any of the other areas.

• Like 1

@Arctic

You nerfed Adena and XP on whole Server. Not only on ToI.

Also the L2 Coin do not drop in Elemental Zones anymore.

You nerved whole Server, you took away VIP and made it worse with new System.

With new System you do not get 300% more Adena, just the Drop Chance is higher...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arctic said:

Hello everyone,

We have been actively discussing with the Dev team regarding their recent changes to Adena drops from Lv. 86+ monsters and L2 Coin drops in hunting zones since the update last week, and wanted to share an update.

Regarding Adena drops, the Dev team has clarified that adjustments were made because of the removal of the VIP system with the update, and the introduction of the Victory Collection Effects, which now give all players access to the 300% drop chance benefit (originally a VIP Tier 8 benefit).

Last week, we requested that the Dev Team further increase the Adena drops for Lv. 86+ hunting zones, but the fix is taking longer than expected as our discussions are still ongoing as the suggested fix to Adena quantity is below what we would like to see.

We'll continue to update you on future developments, and deeply appreciate your continued feedback.

Adena drops have been lowered server-wide, not only in 86+ hunting zones.  In Fields of Massacre (lvl 55 zone), mobs now drop 300-400 adena. And in Catacomb of the Witch (71-75 lvl) adena per mob is maximum 900. This isn't viable by any means.
Also, Elemental Zones drop ZERO L2 Coins. The reduced daily amount is irrelevant here. 

• Like 1

Ok let's analyze your post a little bit.

18 hours ago, Arctic said:

As others said, not only the 86+ zones have been nerfed. There's only one zone left in the server that is worth to stay in and gain some adena. Guess what? You also nerfed spawn rate, just to be sure that the few of us who farm there don't get too rich.
The market in Giran is idle: you removed all the items that players could buy/sell to gain some adena:
soulshots, mats for crafting, old runes, transformation books, adena dropped from mobs.

How do you think players can get adena to buy soulshout and spirit ores?

This means that the players who weren't VIP8 shouldn't complain (higher drop than before) and the ones who were 8 and above shouldn't complain as well (same as before). Instead you're having complaints from both.

So you (and them) are admitting that adena drop has been reduced. This is a little step, we can't wait to see where it leads to.

Some areas (i.e. Elemental zones) don't drop L2 Coins anymore. We already had this bug after the previous update and it was resolved. As a developer/tester, this was one of the first thing I'd tried before the update went online. But it's ok, now you know, fix it again, please.

You added the Enchant Scrolls in L2Coins Shop and this is good, there were very few of them on the server. We thought "At least now we can try to complete more collections...."
BUT NO, you nerfed the amount of L2Coins we get every day, so that little improvement was gone. "smoke in the eyes"

You removed the VIP brooch so we now have to make it from L2Coins. "It was a bit hard to get, but ok, let's try it..."
BUT NO, you nerfed the amount of L2Coins we get every day, so it will be much harder.

We are literally flooding you with feedback. Since 2 years. All we got till now is
- "It's working as intended"
- "This was a bug and you took enough advantage from that"
- "We're investigating".
The best we got was "Angel Cat's buff".

Time passes by and we're getting more and more upset.

The things you screwed up with every update is much longer, other users gave their own lists (Time limited VIP boost scrolls, no more BSOE, no more Blessed Scroll of Resurrection and so on and so forth)

Let us know what "DEVS" will decide. No rush. Or just ignore us, fix a couple of things and give us the cute Angel Cat. ^_^

• Thanks 1

@Arctic

@Juji

just wondering i recall you guys migrated to AWS cloud, wouldn't it be a better idea before you drop a big update like this. to temporally extended your AWS server, and make a copy of the existing server apply the update there as a sandbox, 

give some regular players access with some toons of few level ranges with gear just to test out the system for a month or few weeks? I am pretty sure if you ask the community to test a lot of people are willing to log into there to see, what's "broken" or "changed" so we can flag this before hand then after the roll out. so you can have a proper update for you server when you actually roll it out and after the testing period you can just delete the server and scale back the AWS system. we have some AWS system at my work as well. the whole point of having that AWS system is that is easily scale the system up or down. 

the reason why i ask you should maybe ask regular player to test out the server is, I don't think you guys play the game and how difficult it is and what you can do with the adena or drops. and Korea also dont know how the game is working over here, that something is working fine on their server doesn't mean it will work over here.

• Thanks 1

Well, is pretty obvious now that there's a disconnection between developers and Admins, which makes me think that QA(Quality Assurance) was never part of the implementation. A simple farm test in key areas would identify that the Adena drops are not enough to sustain our game play, This Server has been sabotaged over and over by them selves giving me the impression that they don't really care about Giran anymore. The new PK system destroyed decades of balance between strong players and regular ones  followed by  a very expensive box event where only few can afford. on top of all of it now Adena/XP amount reduction in areas where the remaining players farm. look around @Juji check elemental zones it's all empty already, if you don't get the feed back from the remaining clan leaders and keep those no sense changes the server will be empty by the end of the year. I mean empty because it is already dead...

You need to add class change now so we all can be in TOI as melee!

As a mage it is impossible not to go minus tens of millions of adena every day with with all the consumables and things we need to buy with these rates...

maybe 30-40% of the LOA mobs drop adena and when they do its like 800,  so you make 3-500k per hour and loose 1kk.

At last a official answer as it should be , thanks @Arctic  keep going  good respondings!

Adena drop in loa hasnt change at all , same low Sh1tty amount .

L2 coin drop rate is a joke anymore.

Sorry but this is l2 so far , unpredictable in every update . Get use it, dont cry, adapt and play .