the negligence of summoner class

Ishmila

I have played a summoner for many years, and when looking over the forums there is just a plain disregard and negligence of the class in pvp.   In the past few years I have tried to press about the class to improve the pets, improve the skills landing etc and NCsoft has not made improvements.  

Every other class has gotten changes for the better to adjust to the new zones, new skills, new classes etc, but over and over there has been no changes from NCsoft.  The biggest change NCsoft did was change summoners from 4 to 2 pets back in GoD update, since then there has been no real boost to encourage players to play the class again.  

The skills dont land still, their debuffs are not even on my bars because they dont land ever, its worthless.  The pets are one shot and cant even compete in pvp on the scale that other classes are.  There needs to be a major overhaul and improvement of the class.   I am more than happy to give input and help fix the class but for now they are still irrelevant in any form of pvp.   As for a game thats really centered around pvp, this is quite sad to watch happen.   

Suggestions:  please boost the pets by at least triple  of all stats, as well as increase pvp dmg of pets by at least 10x   as of now I hit high lvl geared players for 30 dmg.... 30 !!!!!   I am quite geared as well and this is just pathetic damage when players have 1 million hp .... 

NC soft Fix the class and contact me please in order to move this forward.   @Juji@Hime @Arctic @EMpulse

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you are talking primary about Wynn in PVP , how is Wynn in PVE? Is it playable like until 110? Not asking for endgame arround 120 because its like 4 years of playtime :D I am thinking to create Phantom Wynn because i really love summoners from old days as masters for solo play but i am not sure if i dont hit a wall hard at lvl 107 and not be able to kill anything

This affects very little people but to those it affects its a HUGE impact, I dont see why they cant make summoners worth a shit again honestly.  They worthless and if you check the ranking there is like 3 people playing it over 115, so maybe instead of ignoring it, you fix the class please!!!! 

• 3 months later...

i just ding  110 lvl, with baseic gear + 12 exalted wep and some 2- 3  items like  gems and ring and neckless, the  normal damage on the unicorns  ar 9000-14500 and  18.000 with dance drum active ! crits 38.000  on aligators, debufs marcks are with gem Sapphire lvl 5 ar 700 on mobs lol  that low  and the damge,  the unicorns take  huge damage they are material of 4 -5 hits in aligator island. with out  heal  cant farm nothing.

Waiting for Libra event to change  class asp! is unplayable class now

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 5:00 AM, Tazzar said:

i just ding  110 lvl, with baseic gear + 12 exalted wep and some 2- 3  items like  gems and ring and neckless, the  normal damage on the unicorns  ar 9000-14500 and  18.000 with dance drum active ! crits 38.000  on aligators, debufs marcks are with gem Sapphire lvl 5 ar 700 on mobs lol  that low  and the damge,  the unicorns take  huge damage they are material of 4 -5 hits in aligator island. with out  heal  cant farm nothing.

Waiting for Libra event to change  class asp! is unplayable class now

Without correct equipment, not even a character will not take damage. The MARKS at the moment of the PVE is only serving to activate the buff of the aggressiveness of the pets, using the marks always the pets will be with these buffs lvl 5. You need to have a real weapon (R110 bloody with SA evisceration), aghations, set bloody +8, get good augments from P. Critical damage, gems from P. Critical....etc. I believe the Wynn Summores class is a little abandoned, but without equipment, nor the DK will not have damage.

• 4 weeks later...

OK i  do more damge with 2 hand bow then  Retribution, the passive on summ is Superior Weapon Mastery it out-date  there is no more 2hand bult in game. there is no things that i can add    except  STR, P critical ,P atk. from  wep   that will rise  my   pet P atk.  Intelect, M Crit and M atk. are  useless. 20.000 is not damage  on invoke and freezing invoke we are talking with debuf and  elemental rage  is  a  brokend  skill that do  9000 damage. BUT  2 hand Bow  the pets start to make damage.  from 75.000  pet P atk. to 150.000  pet P atk.  So Ishmila u play with 2 hand bow  and full STR and P crit  on u summ?

@hermes 

This post has been up for over 6 mo and your player base doesn't even get any kind of reply? Even a reply  like "were working on it" or even "Were not changing them, please change class next red libra" would be SOMETHING. 

NONE of the actual skills from characters land, and when the summoner class is basically a debuffer, if the skills dont land the class is worthless, make the skills land 75% fo the time at the VERY LEAST. Old School L2, when the game was actually good, it was an abnormality for a skill NOT to land. It made the game tactical, as each class brought something to the fight. As of now, it's simply who can hit who for 1 billion damage. It sucks and it's not fun. If you want to gouge people for money thats fine, but at least make the skills work in the game in pvp.