PK system needs to change.

This new PK system is just unfair and unbearable. Naturally, the clan with the highest amount of spenders is fully abusing it only because NCsoft isn't taking any action. What is the logic behind allowing PKers teleport freely anywhere? What is the logic behind having your items drop when a PKer kills you? Why should he restore his items with just a few adenas? You can't contest any boss in any event. You can't leave your toon to auto-farm overnight because you will ALWAYS get killed. You literally can't do anything because all areas are PvP zones and you will always get killed. Restore the old PK system because this server (Elcadia) will die out like so many others before. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

i totally agree they should make the system pk heavily punished, like no idea you commit  2 pk you drop 100% an item with no possibility to pick up or your clan. or how you said no teleport for them or losing 1 lvl if they get killed , this should put a halt in to the so called top clans to abuse new players. or no idea make some zone pvp off so new players like me and others to can peacefully xp. i start for about 4 weeks now in here. and i got not so many pk but is still frustrating to see a dude coming to say leave or die... what the hack is with this attitude 

• Thanks 1

I really don't get it either why they don't change the pk system. There are many PvE clans who can't really farm on many spots because if we do the wales will open war with us and also we can't hunt any raids for the same reason too. So if you can't really change the pk system then place some PvE zones for Farm and Raids before you lose more people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree. Would be good at truth if it would be normalized PK system. Unacceptable, that others may take away its delight with impunity while we spend a property on the game. Cripples the characters, which do not strike, back up, but let it pay his price to this then!

• Like 1

Hi,

This game is a PvP game. If you want to farm raids without being contested, go play wow or another PvE instanced zones where you don't COMPETE for raids.

The fact that raid bosses spawn on PvP areas ALLOWS clans to fight each other for getting the drop, thats why mechanics like "whoever does >50% of damage gets the drop." or being able to HEAL the mob/reset it. If this mechanic wasn't expected or allowed, all raid bosses would be instances like we had previous freya/core/orfen where your cc enters uncontested to fight that raid boss.

Other option is that you start contesting raids and fight for them and stop complaining.

Good hunt! :)

The PK system  is not punitive, there is not drop change.

I have zero pks, and I droped my Hero Circlet, I had to expend l-coin to recover it.

I got 3 to 5 PKs days with my main or alt characters.

For lucky, I work from home, so I can put the character to go farm again, but if I had to work out where I cant access the computer to check if the characters is alive this game would be unplayable 

The bounty system from  revenge system  is good, but should not be 6 hours, the bounty should be permanent until the player got hunted down with a list of top rearward , showing a big gold bag (like quest reward mark)  over his head until he got killed.

Every character could have a free teleport once a day to near of the PK.

The PK should not be able to enter at instances (PVE) , its common a PK when receive a revenge mark teleports to one of PVE instances .

So, its a PVP version , let PVP but PK is not about PVP its PvX because who got PK is not being part  of the fun.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:07 AM, chaosbalu said:

I agree. Would be good at truth if it would be normalized PK system. Unacceptable, that others may take away its delight with impunity while we spend a property on the game. Cripples the characters, which do not strike, back up, but let it pay his price to this then!

No one forced you to "spend a property on the game". but thank you for confirming that the only reason you spend so much on this video game is so you can murder innocent people for fun without impunity. That virtual murder still gives you that satisfaction that you spend money for like the "the most dangerous game". 

This game made a concession on easing the item drop penalty or you would cry and quit when you dropped a $2000 item. None of the old pk penalty from classic exists any more or you wouldn't do it because the risk is too high. 

You also do not spend through proper channels. NCoins are taxed and only ncoins benefit the company's bottom line. Nothing else. Anything else is explicity stated in the user agreement that every player must click agree. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Quasar said:

Hi,

This game is a PvP game. If you want to farm raids without being contested, go play wow or another PvE instanced zones where you don't COMPETE for raids.

The fact that raid bosses spawn on PvP areas ALLOWS clans to fight each other for getting the drop, thats why mechanics like "whoever does >50% of damage gets the drop." or being able to HEAL the mob/reset it. If this mechanic wasn't expected or allowed, all raid bosses would be instances like we had previous freya/core/orfen where your cc enters uncontested to fight that raid boss.

Other option is that you start contesting raids and fight for them and stop complaining.

Hi,

The topic is PK. Not PVP. The game distinguishes the two and has separate counters for them. There is a reason why they are called differently and have separate terms. In case you didn't know, PK stands for Player Killing and PVP is Player vs Player. If you pvp, the character does not turn red. 

If you do not understand the difference it makes you ignorant. If you are intentionally confusing the two, it makes you a liar.  

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2022 at 1:56 PM, Quasar said:

Hi,

wow how you gone compete when the 2 top clans already have characters and items worth 10k$ even if we gather all server combine we will be just a one shot for them. this is unrealistic and the game offer absolutely no way of catch up with them. and not to say 80% server are pve oriented.nobody plays the game like it use to be back in 2005 why is simple because this game offer no catch up with out spending 5k$ no real lvling speed you need literally a year worth farming to reach 90 and i think is not even close. in that time you have to consider the amount of money already spent on electrics bills. the player base and normal players have all rights to complain when everything is made against normal ways of playing a video game. and yes they are other games for that but who return, return for this game and nostalgia. 

Well, it was mentioned here before that you are all complaining of not being able to do raíds because of pks, on my point of view thats pvp, what do you expect us to watch and clap while you take the loot? Would you do the same thing being on our side? 

I dont know who are you @legume, im not liar nor ignorant, im just offer ing my point of view.

And Just for your info, there are plenty of f2p players in TWO, and because we get all the raids we can, they are stronger than some p2w players in other clans. 

On 4/19/2022 at 4:55 AM, Quasar said:

Well, it was mentioned here before that you are all complaining of not being able to do raíds because of pks, on my point of view thats pvp, what do you expect us to watch and clap while you take the loot? Would you do the same thing being on our side? 

I dont know who are you @legume

Yeah, you talk bullsh1t. PvP and PK are two extremely different things, especially in such a non competitive game as L2. Sadly, tgis game isn't rewarding to everyone, so since it became f2p, clan, alliance who blocks progress to others at least for few months, will be able to control the server. What you are comparing, is like if you go and kill someone in the real life, it's a self defense , because that person wanted to enjoy life too.  But hey, abuser will always find a way to defend himself. 

If you kill someone who does not want to fight you, you cannot call it pvp. Hell, people really like to compensate and satisfy their ego in dead, non competetive game with their wallet. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 5:55 PM, Quasar said:

I dont know who are you @legume, im not liar nor ignorant, im just offer ing my point of view.

And Just for your info, there are plenty of f2p players in TWO, and because we get all the raids we can, they are stronger than some p2w players in other clans. 

This topic is just about PK in general. PK happens all the time. Not always over raids. Not anywhere near raids. The point is you only make this specific case about fighting over raids, but most people understand pk as to happen anywhere. In fact no one has every brought up world raids. Maybe for limited time server events, but not regular raids. 

What is your point of view about pks that happen anywhere like in regular zones? There is nothing stopping someone from clearing out entire zones and this actually happens. You can pk someone for no reason. No reason at all to kill somebody in a virtual world. Because you can it doesn't mean you have to. In the real world, there are consequences. You go to jail. What are the consequences in this game? Nothing. That's why you do it because you can get away with it. But we have something called a conscience, morality and ethics that govern the real world and our society. Without these things civilization would not be possible. 

This kind of behavior is why some have hypothesized about "criminal tendencies". This is all over your head for someone who's only ever read dragonball and spiderman comics. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 2:10 AM, Stormrage1581 said:

You can't contest any boss in any event.

As far as I see, this is mentioning raids.

Harassment is punished by ncsoft rules, so if you consider this is happening, report it, open a ticket, record videos and send it to support.

The fact is people are complaining because they want to be PvE on a PvP game and cry about it.

9 hours ago, Quasar said:

As far as I see, this is mentioning raids.

Harassment is punished by ncsoft rules, so if you consider this is happening, report it, open a ticket, record videos and send it to support.

The fact is people are complaining because they want to be PvE on a PvP game and cry about it.

You are still going on with these thin excuse likes "raids" and "boxes" that no one believes and everyone knows it is bs? 

• this is referring to server events like Blaze. not regular world raids like Orfen. Blaze events (time limited like all events) was changed to a peace zone. 
  • GMs do not take any action. Complaints like "harassment" is discretionary and if GMs choose not to take action there is no other recourse for players. 

Fact is there are many players that like to pve and play the game casually. Raids are pve. You need to pve to get any xp/adena/items in this game. You need to pve to get anywhere in this game. You need to pve to do Frintezza. 80% of players are pve.  

You will see that a pve server will be succesful. It will be instantly packed to the brim. 

The very reason this game keeps dying is because of pvp/pk. Especially pk.