Feedback Request: Hunting Zones

Arctic

• Administrators

Greetings everyone!

We are working with the Dev team to collect player feedback regarding the latest changes to Hunting Zones in the Vanguard update. We'd love to relay some of your thoughts & opinions on monster difficulty, Adena drops, or items in hunting zones.

Please consider this thread a place to share your thoughts which will be reviewed and then shared with the development team. We'd love to hear what you think!

• goddard zones are too hard , i think u need to adjust adena drops from mobs or reduce hp or pdef/mdef 
  • mission in goddard is too long 1000 kill for 50 ancient adena is ridiculous
  • overall daily Ancient adena is too low , 6+ month for 3 stars books is ***
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ghostslime65 said:
  • goddard zones are too hard , i think u need to adjust adena drops from mobs or reduce hp or pdef/mdef 
  • mission in goddard is too long 1000 kill for 50 ancient adena is ridiculous
  • overall daily Ancient adena is too low , 6+ month for 3 stars books is ***

piggybacking, the mobs don't give enough exp, adena, or drops to warrant bringing a party. Dragon Valley East gives comparable XP (500k ish for solo DVE/500k ish for Gourd canyon per mob and similar kill speed). Perhaps give a unique party buff (like a better rune system from live?) where xp or kill rate is improved. The 1000 mobs is fine if it was actually good to hunt there

I totally agree with comment

On 4/8/2022 at 11:07 AM, sharkete986 said:

1 million AA for 4 star book, what where you thinking?

There is 2 ways to get AA ( that I know until now, I'm new on this version and I'm lvl 81) 

Daily:

25 - from killing adavanced mobs on orc fortress

100 - Hunt Balok's battlefield

25 - Daily hunting 76+ 

100  - Training dungeon

50 - Transcendent 

Weekly 

100 - Phantasm world (76+)

Ok if I didn't missed any possibility to acquire Ancient Adena , we can get 300 AA daily if you do all content, plus 100 weekly if you are able to kill a boss on phantasm, so lets considering  2200 weekly .

So, to get a 4-Stars Spellbook  you will need  1.000.000 AA /2200 = 2500 weeks   455, or 3.182 days. (!!!!) 
around 8,7 years , so surreal.

9 years to get it is probably wrong.

• Like 1

To echo some of the sentiments:

Goddard zones are inefficient. Mobs are too hard for the normal players. You need to spend at least 4 hours to complete the 1k Mob kills daily quest there with decent gear

Ancient Adena rewards are scarce, and if there are no other sources for Ancient Adena, it wil indeed take too long to get the more expensive items from the shop.

Phantasmal Dungeon's Secret Area spawn rate is abyssmally low. We have been able to go to the Cat Village only once since the Vanguard Patch went live.

The lack of Magic-weak mobs also need to be adressed. I have yet to see a mob with "weakness to Magic". Everything favors melee damage at the moment.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grundor said:

I totally agree with comment

There is 2 ways to get AA ( that I know until now, I'm new on this version and I'm lvl 81) 

Daily:

25 - from killing adavanced mobs on orc fortress

100 - Hunt Balok's battlefield

25 - Daily hunting 76+ 

100  - Training dungeon

50 - Transcendent 

Weekly 

100 - Phantasm world (76+)

Ok if I didn't missed any possibility to acquire Ancient Adena , we can get 300 AA daily if you do all content, plus 100 weekly if you are able to kill a boss on phantasm, so lets considering  2200 weekly .

So, to get a 4-Stars Spellbook  you will need  1.000.000 AA /2200 = 2500 weeks   455, or 3.182 days. (!!!!) 
around 8,7 years , so surreal.

9 years to get it is probably wrong.

9-years-head.gif

Just to emphasize, it's been 9 years playing every day doing all the content that proves acient adena to get 1kk and get the most expensive item in the shop.

• Haha 1

Another issue with rates is the Tag's Supply box.

May people have been reported about it, https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/23875-tag-supply/#comment-166879 

In fact, there is a very very low chance to get any book, even they were more numbers in the item list (combinatory probability) , so far I already opened more than 1k of those box and I didn't get any book , the change is low or insignificant.

• Like 1

There are some things that players dont even need to reply

9 years to get a 4* book

5-6 months to get an armor set

6 months to get a weapon 

so weapon + armor is 1 year

The areas are hard and the adenas drop low

Goddard area should have a pt bonus xp so ppl can make pts to xp and farm there

• Like 1

Good Evening!

I will like to start by saying i am new and i am just 3 weeks on the server. so here is my so fare opinion about the drop/xp/and zones

Drop: the items drop are let's say decent considering you have also a chance to craft them trough crafting system, also the crafting system should in my opinion get rid of the imprinted items and let us have the normal ones, so we can trade on our alts and also give new players a chance to make some decent adena. about adena drop i must say i want to trow myself from the higher ground, me at lvl 81 and another 4 alts we merely make 1-3 million for 10 /12 h farm. and i must add here you can't really make nice adena since all the spots are over run by players. so literally you fight on one meter square for 2 mobs who are also tough because i have low gear to get higher gear cost me allot and requires loads of nc coins to take a A grade set and weapon.

XP: the zone for xp as melee classes are so few and ones who are are mix with ranger classes who will auto tag so fast you just end up run from one mob to another. and also when you get to kill one you get like 200k xp which bring me to the first line you make absolutely nothing in term of xp per hour because places are few and players are to many. you should make zone specific for melees only. and zone for caster/ranger only in that way you can split the player base and reduce the number of overcrowding. like no idea open the catacombs and let us take rooms this also maybe will reduce the number of pk from heros and the top 2 clans who will kill you for spot just because they need them WL or BH to farm there, which make the game play very annoying by need it to leave. you let character to afk farm for loads of hour just to wake up and see your character did nothing because he was killed by top players for spot. but overall il say the xp is ok if we had more space to farm in pace. but for so much competition is very low.

zones: zone are split in 2 category ranger and melee, both zone are on mix which make the completion for xp very high. one suggestion would be in Curma Tower to maybe add more mobs per square or faster respown rate.in dragon valley i think mobs are ok but in TOI a low b grade titan or c grade WL can't literally farm decent because mobs hit to hard and you need to spam loads of pots. which are also expensive. Also for the zone to be nice split will work to give maybe weapon resist like melee resist for the ranger zones and archer spell resist for melee zone then melee and ranger can farm peacefully. thank you and have a good day!

On 4/7/2022 at 10:37 PM, Arctic said:

Greetings everyone!

We are working with the Dev team to collect player feedback regarding the latest changes to Hunting Zones in the Vanguard update. We'd love to relay some of your thoughts & opinions on monster difficulty, Adena drops, or items in hunting zones.

Please consider this thread a place to share your thoughts which will be reviewed and then shared with the development team. We'd love to hear what you think!

1) Goddard zones are too strong for our current status. Those zones are made for KR servers who have players paying like 3 euros per 1 l8000. While we pay 8 times the prices and got their same chances on P2W events. Which make it impossible unless you spent 50k+ euros on ur toon to even make it worth killing mobs there. And i don't bother with levels as it's 85-87+ and we have an average level of 87+, at least on elcadia. 

2) Lair of antharas is still bugged for Elcadia players, we cannot enter after 1 AM (gmt+1) while Blackbird players can untill 2 AM. 

3) We are still waiting for any compensantion on Elcadia server for the 7 days of mission bug, which made us lost A LOT of Ancient adenas that are already super hard and rare to get. 

4) Ice lord castle, just like Goddard, is undoable. You can kill the mobs, yes, not worth at all, and raids are immortal. 

18 hours ago, Grundor said:

Another issue with rates is the Tag's Supply box.

May people have been reported about it, https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/23875-tag-supply/#comment-166879 

In fact, there is a very very low chance to get any book, even they were more numbers in the item list (combinatory probability) , so far I already opened more than 1k of those box and I didn't get any book , the change is low or insignificant.

i totally agree i open around 400 this should be rework to be easy obtainable, because any way we rest of the players we have no way to get the hand on one from bosse. top clan pk you on spot and our chance is a slut rng machine and i wonder why they create a system like this to literally take years and is a chore. what is wrong with nice and normal drop rates  like ok open 20, 30 box you get a book but not literally 1000, to not say everything is so well made to force you to spend 100 of punds which is not ok at all people work hard for this money and the game should have a way to make money, but not like this.

The truly lineage2 always had a second way (harder but possible) to get item, why essence doesn't  ?

Its a fact that some clans has commercial interests on the game, like the TWO , its a structured group that has monopoly of almost all spots and raidboss' hunting, there is no way to facing they.

TOI is impossible to move, you simply cant go around without 30 seconds delay, and that is good if other also had same freez, because when you go there,  you will get PK in few minutes, usually guys from TWO will pk you because they had monopoly of all rooms with tons of farmers.

This week I had the privilege to do my 1st raid , it was  on Pet Farming spot (that is a adena farming for they) and I got many pet potions , the drop was shity no books, nothing.  Them yesterday I tried to do it again, we we got PK from 3 guys from TWO, it no way to defend ourselves, a Character 82 with good gear receiving 12k damage .

So, I understand that this is a PvP driven version, but its not possible to do anything , its not possible to grow without expend a lot of money, and many players will not expend this money on NCSOFT, we know that RTM is real.

Simply is not possible to farm anything in this server, even other clans lvl 6+ are not able to decently farm, so some hunting zones and loot box should be more generous.

Games like Newworld recently implemented the system that helps players that is not on dominating clan/guild/ally , you receive more gold, you have more lucky etc, but lineage2 when you are down of dominating clans you are pressed ever more to the ground. 

• Like 1

More zones, fix server capacity because 10 acc per ppl lagg everywhere (toi for example)

Low mobs hp/def of goddard mobs (nonsense character lv 89 have to do 10 hit to kill a mob 84)

Add more instances for partyes or clan (for example phantasm dungeon 2 times per week)

Review ancient adena rewards, 8 years for an item?

Where are the blessing sayha? where you say you will remove them?

GIVE PK PENALTYS, bring back drop pk again, make them think two times when they pk others players, stop promoving toxic gameplay!

Name more GM/MODs on forum 0 interaction with us, stop throwing p2w events bring more cosmetics its 2022 dont see others games? 

I will keep thinking how to make this game great again, and how to fix your errors

• Like 1

Is this a thinly veiled attempt to look like the "good guys"? 

The problem has always been the same. Same with classic. You purposefully set adena at starvation levels to not make enough for consumable costs. Mobs are always set too high to force players to spend money for necessary upgrades to hunt them. It is either inefficient or impossible in some cases. Over and over, year after year, the same thing. 

You need to first lay down a groundwork. What is the company's expectation? Is it really reasonable to expect players to spend $200 - $500 a month to play a video game? Is it reasonable to call the game "free to play" when the math shows it will take 100 years (no exaggeration) to get to 90? Do you think players actually enjoy having to spend so much or grind 3 years for 1 item? 

You don't need any feedback because you already know what players want. You call the game "free", but you actually want money and players to spend. This is dishonesty and without an honest discussion nothing constructive can be achieved. 

You have the exact math of the game. Mob difficulty, character power, xp and adena. You know EXACTLY what is going on and what you are doing when you set those levels yourself. You know exactly how long it will take to level. The items required to hunt monsters and the cost of the items. You've been doing it for over 10 years so there is no excuse to feign ignorance. 

• Like 1

NCWest: Multiplying the cost of everything by 8x-10x compared to other regions. Nerfing the drop rate of everything else. Mobs that nobody wants to grind? Sure, let's do all of that. Making "events" that you can't participate in unless you got rich on GME? Absolutely, why not? Earing $200 from one guy is clearly better than earing $20 from 10 guys. Anybody remember those clean R99 weapons on Chronos/Naia that literally required you to spend $300,000 USD in less than a year to purchase? (Hero coin system) And when the player base got upset NCWest halved that cost to only the price of a new Porsche 911 Carrera with all the options and were like "LOOK HOW  MUCH WE VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK! WE DID A GOOD!".

If you want to fix things, fix them. You know what needs to be done. 

Stop putting up these so-called feedback threads that you will only ignore anyway. NCWest doesn't care and we know it. It's not even about money at this point, because if things were more reasonable to acquire, more people would play, more people would stay, more people would spend money.

Wages are stagnated, cost of living is higher than people will even admit, and NCWest is just  like I DREW A PIXEL ART, MORTGAGE YOUR HOUSE OR GET O̴̹̭͈͕̝͈̿̔̿̒̇̔͘Ņ̷̧̥̬͔͇̯̙̝͍̜͓͇̘̙͑̀̓E̵̡̨̜̙̙̼̞͙̬̰͙̺͓͂͂͑͝S̸̢̧̫̱̬̤̭̱͕̓͋̒̾͗̅̀̋̌̾̆̚͜͠H̵̨͕̬͇̱͙̻̥͠Ǫ̴̤̭̹̟̖͖̜̟̱̫̭̅̅͛͐͛͊̌̑̍̈́͗͠Ṭ̴̠̃̀̄̄̇̂̃̽̈́͋̚͜͠!

PFFFFT!

• Like 1

Goddard zones are hard and have low drops, not effective even in pt - you kill mobs longer and get less adena than in other low level locations.

Ancient Adena costs for skill books are too high and in general 4* books are too rare.

Pet books are also very rare even though the pets does not have much impact on the gameplay.

PvP/PK system - better no comment.

Exact same thing on classic because essence is essentially the same: 

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/24446-feedback-request-hunting-zones/

You might say "if you don't like it leave", but this isn't fair because we are all here because it's a good game. Everyone benefits if the game is improved.

Are they actually talking to the devs? I'm having doubts and not even sure they are. Show us proof of these discussions. Show us emails and correspondences that prove you are having discussions. The devs are Korean. How do you manage with translation and the language barrier? Do you use google translate or have someone that is bilingual in Korean/English? 

The business practice is so digusting NCSoft needs to be reported to the Better Business Burea or the FTC. Unfair business practice and false advertising for calling it "free to play". The original devs that created the game probably aren't even around anymore. The game was originally subscription and since it became f2p, it's probably been overrun by greedy and corrupt business people that aren't gamers. 

The only way to force them to change at this point is to BOYCOTT. Yes you perpetual addicts need to stand your ground and not spend and BOYCOTT. Take one month and not spend a dime. Not one single loot box purchase. As long as you keep spending they won't change. Players are fed up and it's obvious. Years and years the same thing. Sucker born a minute. 

A good game has to be created by a gamer. Amazon failed their debut in the gaming market because the lead developer was not a gamer. The person was even criticized for it and sure enough the game failed. L2 is overrun by business people and not gamers who are passionate about it. Blinded by greed. Corrupted from within. 

You want a suggestion? BOYCOTT. 

Have the CEO of NCSoft talk to the press. It's time to come clean. 

It's not even that NCWest is overrun by business people. It's overrun by people that think they are business people. Customer satisfaction means customer retention. Repeat customers that spend smaller amounts regularly are always worth more to a business than a sprinkling of whales. Expecting all of your income to  come from the top 1% of spenders is bad business. Making it nearly impossible to progress without spending a small fortune is bad for customer retention, and thus bad business.

Business is not screwing people out of as much as you can before forgetting all about them. Business is meeting the needs of your customer base in exchange for profit. 

Some ham stuffed into a starched collar is waving around a quarterly report and screeching "look at all our profits!"  whilst leaving even more potential profit on the table and thinking they're savvy corporate tycoons.

The new  leveling locations are worthless btw. 

The hunting zones are infested with too many players and 80% if not more hunt without manner mode. This makes it very hard for a melee character to lvl up because every single zone is dominated by hundreds of ranged characters. I know you force us all to lvl up in select zones to promote conflict and pvp because in your mind you think that competition will promote more sales.. but you are mistaken it will promote ppl quiting the game because the pvp system is broken and top clans control everything and are perma red pking everyone without any punishment.  We need more zones to hunt in the WORLD is huge use it. We need punishment for pk this game is 99.9% PVE do you understand what i just said? THIS GAME IS 99.9% PVE but we cant pve because perma reds and infested zones with hundreds of alts trying to farm adena. More hunting areas more INSTANCED raids for clans that have no chance against perma red clans that you will not punish already hundreds of ppl quit the game.. you lose money because of this and dont think for a second that PVE players dont spend money trust me they do.

You promote a toxic environment where perma red pk players can cause harassment over and over again without any punishment what so ever.. this is 2022 you are the only company on earth that promotes toxic behavior and harassment.

On 4/7/2022 at 11:37 PM, Arctic said:

Greetings everyone!

New dungeons are nice, would be nice that pirate event dungeon would be permanent addition to the instance roster, maybe garden of genesis also.

As for goddard zones those are for high gear characters so mission to kill 1000 is kind of hardish for server age.

• Administrators

Hello everyone!

Recently, we shared your feedback with the development team for their review. 

After reviewing the feedback, we would like to make some adjustments targeting Ancient Adena, Alligator Island, and Transcendent Dungeons.

First, we’d like to increase the supply of Ancient Adena available through daily and weekly missions. Next, we intend to add new collection and consumable rewards for Alligator Island. Our intent is to help players who are primarily focused on hunting and PvP by adding Magic Lamp Acceleration and a new collection here to boost AP, defense, and HP. 

Finally, we’d like to help out some of the lower-level players by adding buffs that boost XP and PvE Damage when inside low-level Transcendent dungeons.

Once these changes are live, we’d love to hear your feedback. Thank you for your support!

So you ask feedback and come with alligator stuff? mmmmmmm

BTW nobody need help on low level dungeon, all dungeons until 90 are easy made, again create a new character a lvl up, you will find on lvl 55-60 dont have SS, doing dailys will get ss for 1/4 day of farming. Last code (anniversary18) dont give shot tickets but give cookies when you get 100 from dungeon reward and can stay all day with that amount, again please play the game or take a better aproach to our feedback.

Other thing is multibox, please low from 10 to 5 or less accounts at same pc.

Review PK system, its ruining pvp, nobody do pvp when can pk without a real penalty, even clan vs clan lost the pvp emphasis.

Regards

On 4/20/2022 at 10:19 AM, Arctic said:

Hello everyone!

Recently, we shared your feedback with the development team for their review. 

After reviewing the feedback, we would like to make some adjustments targeting Ancient Adena, Alligator Island, and Transcendent Dungeons.

First, we’d like to increase the supply of Ancient Adena available through daily and weekly missions. Next, we intend to add new collection and consumable rewards for Alligator Island. Our intent is to help players who are primarily focused on hunting and PvP by adding Magic Lamp Acceleration and a new collection here to boost AP, defense, and HP. 

Finally, we’d like to help out some of the lower-level players by adding buffs that boost XP and PvE Damage when inside low-level Transcendent dungeons.

Once these changes are live, we’d love to hear your feedback. Thank you for your support!

Did you really? No one has ever mentioned Alligator Island. Ever. Who even does Alligator Island at all? 

How is a game labeled "free to play" has an instance that REQUIRES money to play? Alligator Island requires lcoin. The only way to acquire lcoin is through buying with real money. How about not requiring lcoin as a fee for an instance and game content? 

Please show proof that you shared feedback with the development team. Also note that Innova runs the same game on a different server WITH DIFFERENCES. That some of these changes do not require the involvement of the development team. It is an independent decision made by the publisher. If EU Essence and NA Aden has differences, the conclusion is that publishers, not the developers, can make changes. 

PSA: On EU Essence, you will never have to worry about soulshot costs due to the Achievement box feature. This feature does not exist on NA.