Feedback Request: Hunting Zones

• Administrators

Greetings everyone!

We are working with the Dev team to collect player feedback regarding the latest changes to Hunting Zones in the Vanguard update. We'd love to relay some of your thoughts & opinions on monster difficulty, Adena drops, items, or L2 Coin drops in hunting zones.

Please consider this thread a place to share your thoughts which will be reviewed and then shared with the development team. We'd love to hear what you think!

• Thanks 1

so now you want another thread ? we have been telling you everything for over a month and we are stuck with this bullsh.

You took away the VIP sysytem and did nothing to show any kind of loyalty to the people who continued to stay VIP10 this whole time. Not only that you have nerfed our toons because of it. We have lost valuable stats that help us farm in the hardest places. You dropped the rate on lcoins by 67%. You dropped the adena rate to 25% of its old rate. You have made farming in any level unsustainable. in 20 hrs of farming in toi4 i made 20 million adena. Do you know what it costs just to get toons able to level here? Do you know what the daily consumable costs are to level here? There are no drops to speak of. I could go on and on but this is simply ridiculous.

how long has toi been opened......how come no1 farms above toi4? sure we have all gone up there to kill mobs and yea we tried farming some masterbooks but its just not worth it.....and entire zone with many floors and no1 using it.....do you think maybe the mobs are too hard? do you think maybe the xp doesnt scale with the difficulty?

where do mages get the opportunity to aoe? toi is a melle zone.....where is the same xp adena lol equivalent for mages? maybe open some new areas? maybe give us some content? we are bored and dropping like flies...your latest update has all but killed classic.

Since Vanguard update, adena has been severely nerfed, rendering useless to farm cos drops wont even cover shots/spirit ores/ etc. You guys are supposed to keep doing updates to make us happy. But we were way happier before Vanguard. So why keep doing updates if they are not working? And they are not working cos you dont understand us players.

First thing you should do is set adena drop back to normal before Vanguard update ASAP cos this ruins the entire economy. Not only is now useless to farm. IT also ruins the entire economy. How much would an item cost now that you cant get adena? Nobody knows.

BTW only good thing in Vanguard is that now you can open mails and get items from it in farming zones. And is faster to enchant items. Thats all.

Please put adena drop back no normal and hear the community. 

@Arctic

1. Set back the ToI adena drop before the update if it is because we get suspicious stone, you can remove it and just set back the adena back as it is.
  2. scale the exp and adena drop better from ToI 5 and up so people can move up.
  3. increase adena drop in Lair of Antharas, Dragon Valley, Imperial Tomb
  4. add back the Wolf and hatchling Pets.
  5. Reintroduce Soul shots crafting so at least the dwarfs have some purpose
  6. Open up Rune Town with the following areas
    1. Valley of the saints, (75+)
    2. forest of the dead (75+)
    3. Monastery of silence (80+)
    4. stakato nest (82+)
  7. enable sieges for Gludio Castle, oren, Goddard and Aden, Rune 
  8. Forgotten island (set it back to the dino's why have ketra and varka mobs if you have ketra outpost and varka outpost)
  9. never understood why enchanted valley area is made smaller?
  10. put back some quests not sure why it is removed its up to people to decided in doing those or not. some people may actually enjoy them.
  11. Elven fortress, school of dark arts make them 75+ 
  12. add back some adena value to mats. bots dont pick them up anyway due to they will be overweight so why dont they have value? people now just leave everything on the ground. if they atleast have some selling value people will pick them up and sell them will help new players as well.
  13. add adena drop in tom of ancient pirates not many go there anyway there better exp area's and it cost some money to enter why not give some value back while you go in there.

I mentioned some lv.75+ area which do drop adena, the reason is I know a lot of new players always have a problem after lv.75 the only decent EXP place is elemental zones but it doesn't drop adena adding some normal lv.75 zones will help to keep them in game.

if the reasoning why we getting so little adena at higher level is due to bots then you basically don't know where all the bots are. they are at the lower levels not higher levels. by reducing adena drop rate at the higher levels you only will INCREASE BOTS

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

There is no l2coin drop in elemental zones after the vanguard update.
Toi adena is disgusting. with full party of buffers/debuffers,good endgame gear  i make the same adena profit  as a 3 man party in disciples necropolis for example.makes no sense at all.

Loa adena are equally bad as toi.

On 4/7/2022 at 4:37 PM, Arctic said:

Greetings everyone!

We are working with the Dev team to collect player feedback regarding the latest changes to Hunting Zones in the Vanguard update. We'd love to relay some of your thoughts & opinions on monster difficulty, Adena drops, items, or L2 Coin drops in hunting zones.

Please consider this thread a place to share your thoughts which will be reviewed and then shared with the development team. We'd love to hear what you think!

regarding the change to hunting zone? well they nerfed it all what do they think we think, we don't like it. Like not at all. Less drops everywhere and 1/5th the adena drops in TOI. Very bad update

On 4/7/2022 at 10:37 PM, Arctic said:

Greetings everyone!

@Arctic hey that post make me feel happy 

And i am  realy  surprised!  Cuz we are spaming about months about it. I will post here a list with changed that the most player want and are aggree with it. I think!

Farming things

More adena amount drop rate so ppls are able too farm with ss and spirit ores and make necros be able too buy their bones xD! The most importand thing is ss in l2. And if possible too bring back ss for craftinglike it classic was !  Make spoilers crafters important again.

More hunting zones that drops adenas and that ppls can farm.

Quests we dont have a single quest like tatteosian earing rcp  ketra varka quests and rb quests  and all the bored awesome quests

Make  ppls be able too farm in their lvls chars. 84 lvl with good gear still i cant farm in 82 lvl dragon valley xD or 80 ketra. Sad story

Bring pets so we have more fun like wolfs and kookaburras.!  Make the game begginer friendly so peoples join in.  Make it teamwork game again. Bring more castles for sieges.not only 1. Make pk drop items so no one can just log in only too pk u and log out only too disturbing you they should get punishment with item lost!. Bring us subclasses would be nice.! And nobless quests. Make oly 5 buffs again not full buffs with fruit and hp pots 😆 this is joke.

Make transformations scroll again farmable and tradeable! We was making some money with it the begginers. And now i am not able to make adena and lvl up transformation.

We are not imprint server aden too make everything imprint.

Bring slowly contents 

Like hellbound area and dynasty sets moirai after vesper. Bring the rbs some new rbs or instances rbs like freya that u needed to make quest too join in  the rb and u get instance penalty for 3 4 days . Or like baylor or like tiat. And valakas  !!  And the epics that lineage had. 

You have made not good changes  event the kamael classes that i play are not the same as i knowed them 😆  no skills nothing 😆 

Make the game classic again.

I can give u more ideas i play lineage from when it cames out and i prefer and love the lineage2  like it was till h5. After was only destruction. I was excited when classic come out but  i see the nostalgia and all that good things that l2 had are destroyed in classic and every update make it instead better.  More fail.  Like i said  make it and u will see more progress on this server! More ppls will join just help em cuz we are too far and beginners cant catch us now ! 

• Like 2

Toi adena needs to be buffed up way more than it is now. 

Toi5 and above is totally empty cause the mobs are basically mini raidbosses that give 20% more adena/xp than toi4 but they have 100% more hp. 

Mages? What happened? did they forget about us? Whole toi is very high/high mdef.. Remove that anti mage passive they have.. We are not Koreans mages who pay 1/8 of what we pay for ncoins so they can have all the top gear and two shot mobs in toi on melodies. 

Loa needs a rework,  triple the adena/exp and make the mobs 3x more hp. 

Ketra/varka still sucks increase spawn rate with 500% and maybe someone will be there except for subjugation. 

No l2coin drops in elemental zones. 

Why nerf l2coin drops in general to 100 instead of 300 how many could get 300 a day before? 

Introduce the new mobs in orc barracks we have the new terrain? 

Same  goes for plains of lizardmen, bee hive and oel/sel/mahum

Only good thing so far is that u can mail and recieve mail anywhere on the map as someone above me mentioned. 

Why do we still have so many low level spots? It takes a few hours to lvl70

But we have 40+ locations between 10-70 

Hello, as others pointed out, l2 coin drops need to be returned to elemental zones, also there needs to be overall buff on the drop rate. The way its now it changed from being able to buy one or two talisman / heroic chest per month, before vanguard update to now having to farm for 3-4 months to just afford one. Considering those items brake super easily and if you make one to +5 out of 9-10 tries, then you are considered lucky, developing and making one for your character can take years with how its set right now. I am not even talking about the more expensive items in the l2 coin store for example 2000 l2 coin inventory expansion tickets (those will take even longer to farm the coins for), please make a change.

As others pointed out top farming areas are practically empty, simply because the difficulty of farming in those zones doesnt match, what you get in return for killing the mobs there:

Zones like Ketra/Varka/Lair of Antharas/Dragon Valley, Imperial Tomb have barely anyone farming there, if you run around you can probably find 2-3-4 players max per each zone, who are only farming there for the subjugation collections. Those zones are not self sufficient and will remain empty just like that, until something changes in them (increase adena drop rate, decrease spawn rate of mobs, make them a bit easier to kill for the average player without the need of insane gear).

Regarding the suspicious stones.

Since the update thousands of stones have been dropped and not a single extraction scroll have yet dropped... it will take 200 years to get enough scrolls  to extract one transformation.

we wont be able to reroll and play other classes so we will probably quit instead.

99.9% is ss tickets the rest is chefs stew, hp potion and an occaional dragon fruit/elixir.

Its time for a class change event.

• Like 1

- The removal of the VIP system seems to be better for players in the long run (with the exception of the loss of brooch lvl5 and the deletion of our VIP scrolls which i dont understand...)
- Adena in TOI needs more increase. I dont understand why the devs make changes to the game that make the game impossible to play and make people wanna quit. Why sabotaging your own game? The amount of investment and daily cost needed to farm in TOI is extreme. And now with this low reward it really makes it not worth it for many people. Please, please consider talking with the devs again and do something about it.  You first decreased the exp in TOI (and never mention it), then u decrease the adena by 300%, and then do a silly increase of 50% expecting that to help :( .
- Need a way for mages to also make adena. Lair Of Antharas is ok for exp but you cannot make adena there. And most mages are not able to farm in TOI.
- Need more high level zones. Theres sooo many low level zones that are either not being used, or just used exclusively by the same group of botters to farm adena with their hundreds of bots. Please consider revamping some of all those newbie zones to 80+ zones. Or maybe something about TOI 5+ floors that are useless right now.
- OR even better, please introduce new zones in the game! Monastery of Silence, Valley of Saints etc

- The server needs adena. At the moment, only adena farmers/sellers with huge number of bots seem to farm adena but real players have a very difficult time. If u made this game experience a bit more user friendly more people will play this server. Please stop making this game more unplayable every time by allowing devs who never played it to make these decisions.

• Like 1

The only thing that i see is about toi and mages and some guys say about the low lvl farming zone to make them more lvl ! That would be destroy the ppls that want start now a new char and play here!  Some ppls say its easy and in some hours u are 70 lvl ofcurse if the newbie have the items u have guys ofcurse but they dont have! And it is at beggining hard too lvl up without items and without adena!  The only solution  i see is that what i told above ! New placeses rune heine  helbound more adena in all farming zones too be able buy ss and gather for stuffs! Crafters spoiler must be fixed! Craftable ss more castles  ofcurse toi and antharas lair farm able!  And adena fixes! Ofcurse toi 5 + must be easyer and not that impossible thing!  Pkers must drop items!  5 buff oly without hp pots. More instances!  More rbs more quests more more contents

15 hours ago, LaSantera said:

The only thing that i see is about toi and mages and some guys say about the low lvl farming zone to make them more lvl ! That would be destroy the ppls that want start now a new char and play here!  Some ppls say its easy and in some hours u are 70 lvl ofcurse if the newbie have the items u have guys ofcurse but they dont have! And it is at beggining hard too lvl up without items and without adena!  The only solution  i see is that what i told above ! New placeses rune heine  helbound more adena in all farming zones too be able buy ss and gather for stuffs! Crafters spoiler must be fixed! Craftable ss more castles  ofcurse toi and antharas lair farm able!  And adena fixes! Ofcurse toi 5 + must be easyer and not that impossible thing!  Pkers must drop items!  5 buff oly without hp pots. More instances!  More rbs more quests more more contents

What are you talking about? Have you ever gone around to see those zones? Not a single person goes there. Exp is bad, adena is bad. No one levels there. They havent used those zones in years, because a new player has much better options to use. No one said to convert ALL newbie zones to high level zones lol.
Yes, new zones like Rune etc would be better, but we are being realistic here and acknoledge that we will probably not have that and offer a compromise by arguing to level up all those unused newbie zones.

6 hours ago, Kokos said:

What are you talking about? Have you ever gone around to see those zones? Not a single person goes there. Exp is bad, adena is bad. No one levels there. They havent used those zones in years, because a new player has much better options to use. No one said to convert ALL newbie zones to high level zones lol.
Yes, new zones like Rune etc would be better, but we are being realistic here and acknoledge that we will probably not have that and offer a compromise by arguing to level up all those unused newbie zones.

I am telling just that they dont need to do changes on newqbie zones and thath they should open more zones and towns like rune heine and put zones like valley of saints and all that places that we had before . It would actualy help a lot !  We no need the changes there we need  just more stuff! More zones more quests more content. Thars a realistic and i am sure that ncsoft have this zones somewhere in their database and they can open this zones! And all the things i told above are on their database so u cannot tell me that it is not realistic 

And one thing that i forget it would be nice if staff like gems and cloacks and pendandts and all that staff was not only p2w!  Make that stuff  farmable! And not only when event comes too get em with real money.! 

Some ppls can give thousands of dollars on game some can give 50. Some 10.  That's realy sad that this players that cannot give thousands they dont have a chance too get items too play! Make all items farmable and donateable and every time not only in events!

On 4/7/2022 at 5:37 PM, Arctic said:

Greetings everyone!

1. L2 coin drop rate just destroyed self leveling and farming...

2. Adena drops rate are just ridiculous for mage areas and now for fighters areas.... either fix antharas and Toi or you will keep having players farming adena, flooding catacombs aand new comers giving up the game very quick (i've seen this many times)

3. When are we going to have a new hunting zone for mages in abandoned areas such as dion that area that has been wiped of noob mobs 20-30 or enchanted valley (i'd love to see enchanted valley with spots like the live server and with adena drop rates at least similar to what it is in toi today). 

Classic has so much potential but you gave it up to farmers  and adena sellers, if you had a more balanced method for real active players, that would solve most of the issues in the game. Maybe the new vanguard system lacks of adena 300% drop increase for monthly subscribers - i dont know fix it.

Sad when in TOI adena drop decreased about 300% and it is not fixed, how can we hope that 20-25% adena drop decreace in all other places can be restored back? Also I can add to adena drop and lcoin drop that spoil chance is also dropped. After update i spoil 2-3 time less enchants than before.

On 4/9/2022 at 5:27 PM, KuroiHime said:

@Arctic

1. Set back the ToI adena drop before the update if it is because we get suspicious stone, you can remove it and just set back the adena back as it is.
  2. scale the exp and adena drop better from ToI 5 and up so people can move up.
  3. increase adena drop in Lair of Antharas, Dragon Valley, Imperial Tomb
  4. add back the Wolf and hatchling Pets.
  5. Reintroduce Soul shots crafting so at least the dwarfs have some purpose
  6. Open up Rune Town with the following areas
    1. Valley of the saints, (75+)
    2. forest of the dead (75+)
    3. Monastery of silence (80+)
    4. stakato nest (82+)
  7. enable sieges for Gludio Castle, oren, Goddard and Aden, Rune 
  8. Forgotten island (set it back to the dino's why have ketra and varka mobs if you have ketra outpost and varka outpost)
  9. never understood why enchanted valley area is made smaller?
  10. put back some quests not sure why it is removed its up to people to decided in doing those or not. some people may actually enjoy them.
  11. Elven fortress, school of dark arts make them 75+ 
  12. add back some adena value to mats. bots dont pick them up anyway due to they will be overweight so why dont they have value? people now just leave everything on the ground. if they atleast have some selling value people will pick them up and sell them will help new players as well.
  13. add adena drop in tom of ancient pirates not many go there anyway there better exp area's and it cost some money to enter why not give some value back while you go in there.

I mentioned some lv.75+ area which do drop adena, the reason is I know a lot of new players always have a problem after lv.75 the only decent EXP place is elemental zones but it doesn't drop adena adding some normal lv.75 zones will help to keep them in game.

if the reasoning why we getting so little adena at higher level is due to bots then you basically don't know where all the bots are. they are at the lower levels not higher levels. by reducing adena drop rate at the higher levels you only will INCREASE BOTS

This is some quality content answer, alongside with many of the other answers people gave in here. Most of them are about the same, i'm not even gonna talk about the last changes, we all agree that MOST OF THEM were bad, with the exception of mail changes, and new victory system for people that wasn't VIP. But there's some things i don't get, like, how if everyone complains about the same things, ask for more accesible zones for chars not geared AF, or mages, or more castles available so people can fight for different territories and don't need to go and fight the super whales all gathered at Giran, neither pay the same taxes depending on where you sell, bringing back quests that were actually useful like Nobless quest, crafting SS for dwarves so there's another way to get into the market, how is that devs don't see this things? I've been seeing people complain or ask for this kind of changes since EVER, its called L2 Classic, but has almost nothing about Classic. You guys launched a new Ice Castle zone that nobody can do, i bet that not even the super stacked whales go there, and if they do, i'm almost sure they're not able to kill the boss, otherwise there would be some Ice weapons around already. So please, be real with us, we're not asking ridiculous things, we're asking real quality content. Take the time to actually read people and you'll realize that we're all talking about the same things.

• Thanks 1

TOI adena needs to be restored to what it was before rework

TOI difficulty /HP needs to be lowered considerably beyond floor 5 and have better scaled xp/adena

Lair of antharas adena needs to be boosted so people want to have mage as an optional character instead of being forced to melee

Need more event developments that match the attention placed to aden and live servers.

Need class change ticket or more transform extract scrolls in events/ market.

Thank you for your consideration