Feedback Request: Hunting Zones

Hi, first of all I would like to thank you that someone finally started to be interested in how satisfied the players are in the game. Now I'm going to describe here what I think should change to make life on the server more fun:

1. For high lvl locations such as TOI, LOA and IT, I would increase the number of aden by 100-200%. (for LOA and IT, it's very important, because it's really not worth playing here ...)
  2. It would be good if you could somehow limit the imprint of things, because in my opinion it completely spoils this game ...
  3. it probably wouldn't hurt if someone thought about the dwarves, unfortunately I find that WS and spoil have been meaningless for the last few years. :(
  4. Add more castles or at least an Aden Castle siege to give more clans a chance to get to play.
  5. if we already have a dimensional olympiad, then why not do a dimensional castle siege? It's on Aden, and I think it could be a lot of fun on the servers! (I think this is quite an important idea that would support and add fun to weaker clans and players)
  6. I would probably return Drop L coin at 300 per day, as players have at least more fun in the game (purchase for lcoins)

Finally, I would like to thank you for the last update, as it brought a mission system, enchants (B, A) for Lcoins and speed up the explosion of clan levels (ketra also looks quite interesting) :)

*I boldly highlighted topics that I think are really worth more attention.

Hello @Arctic, It's nice to see that your team is still interested in hearing our feedback because after the Vanguard patch there are some major issues that are not healthy for the server. I can't speak for all the issues but here are my top ones:

• Set back the TOI adena drop rate before the update (and hopefully adjust LOA to make it so mages can be profitable). It's not right that a 2 man party in forgotten island earns more adena per hour than a 2 man party in TOI3 with top gear. 
  • Set back the L2 coin drop before the update
  • Make transformation scrolls tradeable again. This was our one way to get Transforms which seems impossible now. 

Many players raised a lot of issues and gave a lot of ideas so I will only raise one issue and that is the transformation book,
it's very important that they go back to the way they were! Apart from the fact that it is financial support for many players, it is also very important for us who are new, no matter how many books we can collect no matter how much we can win from an event, we will never reach anyone older player.
Taking out the VIP system you condemned VIP 8-9-10 but at least now we have the same opportunity to have the same stats but this is not the case with transformations! You may not want to make them like before but you can easily make the 10 days 5 or put an event entirely for transformation books and much more!

• Administrators

Hi everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments and feedback. Since we sent your feedback to the development team, we’ve received some new changes which we hope will soon be able to be applied to Classic.

First, the team would like to reduce the respawn time in low-level hunting zones (Plains of Glory, War-Torn Plains, Silent Valley) to help players reach 76+ more quickly. We would also like to overhaul the growth range by giving out a large XP-boost buff to those who complete level 21 quests.

For players over 76, we have two changes in mind. First, we’d like to adjust the balance in 76+ Hunting Zones like Wall of Argos, Garden of Eva, Forge of the Gods, and Wind Plateau. We would also like to allow BM drops in addition to L2Coin drops in Hunting Zones to make Hunting Zones more appealing to all players.

We hope these are welcome changes, and that they meaningfully help with the concerns you’ve been expressing. If the new features and balance changes do not alleviate the issues, please let us know so that the team is aware!

Thank you for all your support and feedback, and we look forward to seeing what you think of the changes coming to Hunting Zones.

3 hours ago, Arctic said:

Hi everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments and feedback. Since we sent your feedback to the development team, we’ve received some new changes which we hope will soon be able to be applied to Classic.

First, the team would like to reduce the respawn time in low-level hunting zones (Plains of Glory, War-Torn Plains, Silent Valley) to help players reach 76+ more quickly. We would also like to overhaul the growth range by giving out a large XP-boost buff to those who complete level 21 quests.

For players over 76, we have two changes in mind. First, we’d like to adjust the balance in 76+ Hunting Zones like Wall of Argos, Garden of Eva, Forge of the Gods, and Wind Plateau. We would also like to allow BM drops in addition to L2Coin drops in Hunting Zones to make Hunting Zones more appealing to all players.

We hope these are welcome changes, and that they meaningfully help with the concerns you’ve been expressing. If the new features and balance changes do not alleviate the issues, please let us know so that the team is aware!

Thank you for all your support and feedback, and we look forward to seeing what you think of the changes coming to Hunting Zones.

I thank all the team about having some ideas and wana make the changes ! Just the only thing i see on this changes is that the botters in war torn plains will be richer.  And the Bad thing is that i see no changes about the other zones like dv loa toi that themost ppls are not able too farm cuz of consumables and the difficulty. We need more adena or droping prices on consumables  we need too be able craft em! We need too be able too farm items we need quests i told everything before u can tell that too the devs. BUT the most IMPORTAND THING  and i appreciate  if u explain me is what is bm drops and what you mean there?  And actualy ty that u answer us back! 

Very simple, I'll say it again (I've been saying this for years):

* True quests (complete quests like the old chronicles.

* Pets, we would love to have the quests back and be able to have pets.

* Hunting zones, for all lvls, because nowadays some 80+ areas are for few, because not everyone has top teams.

* Clan Quests. It was too beautiful, doing some clan quests.

* Using the real map, there are so many monsters on the map today that it's no use for anything (monster quest") and with that a lot of stopped scenery.

* Siege on all castles

* BAN on BOTS at once. This is extremely tiring, another birthday, another event for bots.

* Dwarves need to be revitalized

Every day with each lack of answers the server loses more and more players. "We need a communicative Staff (Thanks @Arctic) for communication and transparency, this has been lacking for years.

Undoubtedly these actions would revitalize the server, and bring more players.

• Thanks 1

Wow...This is what u came up with after all that feedback u got?..

Man you really read between the lines here, TOI and LOA needs fixing.

NEW AREAS so more can farm at higher level, not  make  it easier to get to 76+ so they eventually cannot farm cause there is no spots to farm cause u didnt change TOI or LOA 

These changes are totally worthless and wont fix the problem at all.

But yeah, Here's a pat on the shoulder for fixing nothing of value.

aa0.png

• Thanks 1

It is super easy to reach 76 lvl! If the respawn time in these areas is reduced that means much more bots into these areas! Put new areas for the 80+, there is the problem! Do something for ss/bss and spirit ore, fix the adena in the toi/ Loa/DV because 80% of the server is orcs, make again the transformation book tradable, give us more castle for siege. All this is not so much effort! If these are done the classic will be full again (more money for you). I think our complaint is not only that the server is p2w but also all the above, we can not have fun with the game because it has no substance there is nothing new and something that will bring back the players. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Arctic said:

Hi everyone,

obviously you guys ignored the 85+ players,no adjustments for toi/loa or new zone or IT/VARKA . the adena in all those places is bad, bad respawn etc.
i would said that toi 5+ isnt affordable and such but at this moment not even toi 1 is affordable or profitable.i can make more adena with my 1b gear worth char in lvl 80 zone than my 70b worth char lvl 90 in toi . MAKES NO SENSE

On 4/20/2022 at 10:20 PM, Arctic said:

Hi everyone,

it is a start but only BM don't really help because the dwarf class is completely useless. and are you expecting us to create alts to farm all the lower level area's to feed our mains for ss? in korea they may able to make money on higher level due to they are waay more over geared then us. the events that are rolled out seems like they are used for people with +16 or higher S grade weapons or +10 S grade armors. we get way more Top Grade stable scrolls then advance or normal stable scrolls during the events. i think you can maybe count the number of +16 or higher S weapon users with just 1 hand on a server over here.  most people cant Sell off the Top grades because people that have higher already bought up all the stock of everyone and those that we still have we cant use our selfs. so they don't sell. top grade stable weapon scrolls don't even sell for 400kk to feed our ss needs, Advance stables are costing you 700kk+ because they are way more rare and a lot more people need it. but now no one can afford it due to we spending now all the adena just on ss and you still running negative.

First, 99% of the catacombs and necropolis are controlled by farmers who use a Kamael archer or summoner to occupy an entire room.  If you do find a vacant room, it is because they are logged off, and they will log in and PK you instantly.  If you actually check, you will see that almost every single one of their toons are being operated by Adrenaline.  As a matter of fact, they occupy almost every good hunting spot in the game.  They have too much control of this game including almost every event.

Second, the adena drops is pitiful and the amount of adena you make cannot pay for the shots, spirit ores, elemental stones, etc... you consume to hunt in these areas.  There are many other areas that even the strongest and well equipped players have difficulty farming in unless they are using 3rd party software.  I personally feel you should allow adena to drop in elemental zones and adjust the Varka and Ketra areas where it will make sense for people to farm there, without having to burn through more adena then they are making just to stay alive.

Third, the PK system is a joke and there is very little consequence when a player who has already quit the game will simply log in his Lv 86+ toon and PK the entire map just for fun and ruin the game for everyone else.  Why don't you limit the amount of player's they can PK in one day?  Why can't there be more severe consequences like dropping items permanently or making the cost to restore dropped items incredibly higher?  The same clan/alliance has controlled the only castle we can siege for years now with very little resistance, because they are allowed to continue to dominate the game using 3rd party software to their advantage to control entire hunting areas and events with bots and scripts.

I believe your development team and administrators know all this already, but you still choose to do nothing about it.  The entire real player base has complained and advised you about this for years, yet you choose to ignore us and make unrelated changes and updates that do not address the real issues we are having in the game.  As a matter of fact, this is just another one of the many topics concerning these issue that is brought up and then neglected as usual.

So many of my friends and other players have moved on already to different games.  I've personally invested so much time and money on L2, that's why it's so hard for me to leave, but I have one foot out the door already.  I have already stopped purchasing NC Coins long ago and it's just a matter of time that me along with the handful of legit remaining players will leave and move on.  This game is already infamous and is known as L2 Bots or L2 Adrenaline...

Respectfully,

True Player

On 4/20/2022 at 1:20 PM, Arctic said:

Hi everyone,

this simply blows me away.....

do you not understand that for 2 years we have been playing in the same zones. You recently nerfed those zones and now we cannot earn enough adena to support leveling. You have not introduced any new areas for us to hunt and explore. And now you are telling the people who have been here since the beginning that were just going to fix a few areas that we broke a long time ago and reintroduce drops we took away. You are adding nothing. You are giving us nothing new. All you have done is take take and take....the only reason im still here is because l2aden is a joke....

Hi @Arctic 

I'm rank 1 in exp on the Talking Island Classic Server, since the change that was made to TOI's adena rate I've noticed several players complaining about adenas rates.

I don't know what NCsoft's goal in doing this is, if it's for the idea of: nerfing the end game area, players will create more characters to make the server with a larger population... this is not working and will never work, many players invest a lot in their character and can't even have a good farm, because after this nerf it got really bad. a mob with more than 100,000 HP drops 4,000 Adena while another level 20 mob with less than 5,000 HP drops almost 200... it's totally illogical this nerf in TOI's Adena.

I hope you quickly change the drop rate of the TOI adena rate, to what it was before, and that you take the unviable boost of mobs from TOI 5 to TOI 12... so you will see more places to farm.

• Like 1

@Arctic please we need you to fix the adena in the whole TOI area.

and other changes such as:

1. unboost TOI 5+ mobs
  2. drastically nerf all the mobs and bosses of the new Ice Lord Castle instance, no one can do anything there, not even me who has one of the strongest characters in the game.
  3. if possible it would be very interesting to add a class change option as it has in Live and Aden, but not yet in Classic.
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 1:20 PM, Arctic said:

Hi everyone,

I am literally speechless that this is what you guys game up with after reading all of the great feedback that was shared here. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:20 PM, Arctic said:

Hi everyone,

I was sure, that the DEVs and admins haven't played Lineage 2 for a long time, and that's why you have to really take the feedback from the players seriously.

but now I'm really surprised because it looks like you guys didn't even bother to actually read our feedback.

@Arctic @Juji @Hime @LIME 
I've been playing classic since it opened and never stopped, I think any of my opinions should be heard.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Please fix 2 things in this game

-PK System - ITEM DROP TO FLOOR (so others can pick-up) MUST BE BROUGHT BACK TO GAME. You have given the PKs all the advantage.

- Transformation books must NOT be IMPRINT. 

10 hours ago, KuroiHime said:

@Arctic

Hi artcic, 

Can you please check with the dev if there is better way to improve the adena drop in ToI and LoA, Dragon valley,  imperial tomb, FI passage, ketra, varka? 

TOI already broke the game by getting whales to level 90+ quick and making them rich in the process.

I don't know where this entitled behavior comes from, since when has lineage ever had areas that have both high amounts of XP and ADENA?

Hunting zones used to have a balance, you would sacrifice adena drops for high XP or vice versa.

People just want to camp in TOI and never leave?

Adena rate is fine in TOI.

• 2 months later...

@Arcticplease add the rest of the map, Heine,  Rune, Schuttgart and those areas hunting zones, also please reopen the closed cata/necros. Maybe even have one or two at a lower level so those with only c/b grade gear can farm.

New players need content too or you'll never attract and keep them.

• Wissp locked this topic
  • L2 Team

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback to this thread. The information has been compiled and shared with the appropriate members of the Lineage 2 team. I'm locking this thread as a result. Please feel free to continue offering feedback on this topic to existing threads, or by creating a new post for discussion.

• Wissp unpinned this topic