Forums

Feedback Request: Hunting Zones

Arctic

• Administrators

Greetings everyone!

We are working with the Dev team to collect player feedback regarding the latest changes to Hunting Zones in the Storm Of Terror update. We'd love to relay some of your thoughts & opinions on monster difficulty, Adena drops, or items in hunting zones.

Please consider this thread a place to share your thoughts which will be reviewed and then shared with the development team. We'd love to hear what you think!

This hunting zones update arrived in korea at exactly the same time they added shining kain at a resonable price (aka weapon +30 and armor +20), of course the players here are suffering, we don't have affordable prices and the mobs are getting stronger each patch.

• Like 3

Update is fine. Exp is fine. Drops (non-adena) are fine. Adena drop is too big, i would nerf it so we finally have deflation and no problems with adena cap.

About mobs difficulty. Mobs are balanced, but player base is SO undergeared compared to korea, that is only problem. So make items affordable and cheap (einhasad coins shop, whatever makes up your mind..)

• Like 7

only if u promise to put free code for 30 days vitality maintenance runes if after 6 months still nothing has been done with the compiled feedback like last time such poll / feedback request was done by ncwest staff ;)

• Like 2

my 30k dollar well geared lvl 120 archer cant farm even half as much adena as I used to.  I am talking 50b + adena before in toi and now 20b.  such a slap in the face.  not to mention, before we had 20 hrs of toi instances (10hrs each), now just 1 instance of 10hrs. 

hot springs 120 zone I make so little xp, less than 30m a mob.  meanwhile 110 zones give 15m a mob....how the heck can i xp at lvl 120?  obviously not in 120 hot springs.

items in game?  lol...like what?  primevil island zone drops some stuff if under lvl 116....where is the place for toons lvl 116+?

My wish is to make the mobs 3x stronger as they are now so people will have no other choice but to quit ! ((btw ( as an info), last time dev team asked for players feedback, they did exactly the opposite ). Now, should i bother ?! Nah, $$ is the only concern of NC Soft NA 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I can speak as a higher level, generally casual player. While I do like the new content and the areas, I believe we need some serious defensive upgrades. Everything has always been focused on the damage output, but we need more defensive items, and we need them to be more accessible. If you need more elaboration on this, let me know.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WTBweapon said:

Stronger mobs and lower adena to bring back party system. Lineage 2 it is party game. 

Was. Party is for playing live. Now everyone goes afk and half getting disconnected. Most of times playing solo is more efficient. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, socketka said:

Update is fine. Exp is fine. Drops (non-adena) are fine. Adena drop is too big, i would nerf it so we finally have deflation and no problems with adena cap.

About mobs difficulty. Mobs are balanced, but player base is SO undergeared compared to korea, that is only problem. So make items affordable and cheap (einhasad coins shop, whatever makes up your mind..)

This.

I understand that content updates in games bring a lot of changes but the situation with you guys (ncwest) has gone too far. When you boost mobs's stats you should also give undergeared players a chance to enjoy the game by giving them damage and defense items as well. It's hard for most of us to kill mobs in the new Storm of Terror update like we used to, even in Silent Valley.

And remember, as long as people are HAPPY that their money worth something by getting items to progress in the game, they will spend more.

Let's hope this post will bring the appropriate changes in our lovely game and won't be buried like the previous one that Hime posted.

• Like 4

agreed and just compare the average level / gear of a healthy korean server with what we have and the differences should be instantly obvious as well what needs fixing

also with regards to the low average level on our servers when will we get events or perma removed the existing party xp penalty so real party play can happen between any type of player ? I have old returning & new friends that are barely 110 whom I can't party as I'm more then 5 levels higher..

Hello

Im mid geared lvl 114 tyrr. (Antharas storm/r99 bloody armor +10/ radiant+5/artefact book+5 with all artifefact +4/top grade brooch with all jewel lvl 4or 5/ antharas earing/Angel ring+6/ exalted ring/exalted neck/saya talisman lvl 6/abondance lvl1/insanity/savent sign and some more item...)

I think this update is insane for 98% of players ! I Was before farming mahum (113 before) now im back to field of whisper and somtime i die ... all the aéra farm are harder like timed zone too....

For upgrade my gear now i need item that cost around 300bil minimum in game and i dont talk about top items...

All cunsumable item for upgrade gear are over priced too (Cry Dawn/artefact cry/dye cry/codex/FB chapt ...)

I love this game and i make around 50$ dollars each month. 

With this update i feel restart 1 or 2 year earlier and feel all invest for nothink .. 

Please tell me how you want player like us or NEW player join or continue game in this circonstance ??? Item are over priced, drop (adenas/items) are over low , event are such expensive for low rate to get somthink....

Why you dont make einashed Shop as EU serveur ?? They have low price  and all here server are better geared than us ! They have higher amount of all items too...

I hope Dev team Will do somthink about all of this to equalize gear/drop or update to the situation of NCwest server or you Will lose a lot of player if it isnt too late.....

• Like 2

At the rate the difficulty increase in this game, u need to probably spend 1.000$ per month to keep up. That's just wrong!

Also it would be appreciated if mobs drop more then just adena, back in the day it was nice waking up with twilight piece in ur inventory.

Diversify the drops from monsters.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, luukdoei said:

At the rate the difficulty increase in this game, u need to probably spend 1.000$ per month to keep up. That's just wrong!

Also it would be appreciated if mobs drop more then just adena, back in the day it was nice waking up with twilight piece in ur inventory.

Diversify the drops from monsters.

+1.

Every time we turn around you're increasing the mobs damage and we can't keep up with it. Prices of everything has drastically increased and I'm not about to spend thousands of $$s.

Increase the drop rate. It's been nerfed in Primeval big time. I've been framing there for 3 hrs every day. I don't remember the last time I got a Crystal of Dawn there. Hardly worth the expense of the recharge stones now and I had to resort to using a pet to pick up the drops I do get because the devs won't fix the pickup problem, especially with ranged toons.  I've seen  drops lying right next to me in Field of Silence/Whispers.

first of i would like to mention, im not a free rider but aslo not a big whale either. i did spend quite some amount of ncoins over the years on events to keep up on gear to be able to do something decent in this game.

the sad reality for most of us is, every time an update gets released, you guys up the standards to a degree that an average player just cant keep up in order to achieve anything. so as much as i love this game im not sure if ill be around much longer if no changes are made to the current state of it.

hopefully this thread doesnt end up under a pile of dust and ends up being game changing. but at this point im not being to optimistic about it.

• Like 2

Wep+27/Cursed Wep/Limited Set/GodJewelsStage 2-3/Artefacts +9-10/GreaterJewels/Heaven/Epic Talis/Skills +15-20/Forgotten Skills 20-30 Playing as a DK/Othel

Lv 110 I was farming in Ceme with no issues due to my gear. After the updates Wall of Argos is a problem even with Rose on. (currently Lv 114)

The update on top zones for lvl 118-120 are a great idea. However the boosted mobs in all other zones are killing the community to a point where reseller websites are booming with items for sale.

The decline of fresh blood in the game is not a good sign, however this has been the case for over 5 years now. Since you are not bringing in new blood to the table why are you making existing players quit the game by destroying the zones ?

Any free to play player (I know you don't care about them) cant leave Blazing swamp before lvl 107-108 ( 3-4 months to reach this with afk farm 24/7...). I mean you are trying to compete with games like WoW & Lost Ark. 3 months of farm in those games brings players to travel in most zones do raids, dungeons and pvp

I'm far from a F2P player I've spent over $20,000 in the last 9 months (not a Flex) trying to catch up to the mid to top range players and enjoy some pvp as we did back in Interlude or even Gracia days. However we are far from it. We have no specific event or dungeons for pvp players. Our community is becoming toxic due to the 24/7 PKs with no punishment (EG item drops if killed with karma). Clan wars mean you are going to hunt afk players

Server hopping is one of the worse things for this community. I am one of those people who has switched servers a few times. I move make a ton of adena due to the servers non parallel economies and get the items I need. I don't think this is a great way to promote to new or f2p players.

That's my 2 cents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

About hunting zones? 

Mob hard to low geared ppl = no happy

Adena? Only to super geared ppl who can solo. Rich rich rich ppl. 

Item drop? Zero 

End of story. 

I was super happy last year when I have my +12 Krishna weapon + bless exalted. I rly was happy. I feel strong. I feel I was true Warriors. A hero!!! 

Now Im miserable weak dwarf who have shiny for nothing. I feel I regreat my damage xD L2 s2

• Like 1

Hey Guys!

Im a kind of old player, i have char from 8-9 years ago.  Ofc i had periods in my life and stop playing few times for a while.
But nowadays i keep playing, i have already invest 1k USD in the game under 2 years i know its almost nothing, but im not a rich person, i have to work a lot for few bucks in the life.
I like the game from my childhood maybe i have the addict from there.
I really like the auto hunting system, cause i have already grown up and im busy at all day, and good to see when i sit down as a tired man, the game has did something while im worked.

My char is a 111 yul, not so stong i think am under the mid geared ppl, but im not in exalted.
+12 limited bow, +10 bloody r99 set, angel ring +6, +7 elmore cloak, Genesis belt lv1, Brooch lv5, Seed bracelet lv2, 2 tab of artifact +0 mostly for book stats only
And some more gear but kind of this.

But now at the last 2 month, i have runned the game almost 24/7,
I have to move with 2 support (Tank/Iss) always to be able to hunt somewhere, i could hunt (under the libra event) in field of silence, sometimes i died, but mostly was okay.
Now i had to go back to Aligator island on lvl 111, with the supports as well.

Money:
In this last 2 month i could earn like 20b adena, beacuse i have runned 3 fancy rod, otherwise i just can be happy for maybe the 3% exp on the bar/week.

My faith in the game almost ending again.

I dont know whats the cure fort the problems, but  it istn enjoyable.

Best for everyone.

• Like 1

Well what can we say? This update was fine if all you did was update the zones, update the xp table but not make mobs harder.

I was farming Mahum, now back to Fields of Silence and why? Not because I don't have damage for Mahum, but because if mobs spawn and I don't kill with 1 or 2 skills, I'm dead due to their insane dmg.

You made Atelia harder to a point where lower people can't farm there, so no adena from Atelia.

IOS is harder so lower adena from IOS.

Meanwhile high lvl/geared people now have TOI, Atelia, IOS 112 etc etc to farm adena, making market even more controlled.

@Arctic,
I made a post couple weeks ago:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/24262-quality-of-life-ingame-decreased/

If even a 119/120 player is tired of the constant mess that you guys do, don't expect new players to play this game and inject money.

We told @Juji(Mr.Liebermann) million times to stop doing what he is doing. Listening to the wrong players.

Make a new character 105, and play Exalted or Blessed Exalted for 6 months and come back and tell us how was your experience with that account. You'll see that the updates are worse and worse, items required are more and more.

You do not play the game as a new player, you macro afk only because you can't kill anyone.

L2 is the only game I know that a new player won't see end gear content for at least 2-3 years, because it requires 100.000-200.000€ to make a decent progress there, who wants to stay?
No other game has such a pay wall. For what at the end? See your account afk hunt or 1 hit players are recently joined the game? Ain't fun for anyone.

But keep doing what you do, push players away, we got used to it. Meanwhile, don't expect people to pay any longer. Because RMT is doing just fine as long we have rich kids around here who keep the server up with overpriced items.

• Like 3