Feedback Request: Hunting Zones

Arctic

Every update mobs get 'revamped'. Meaning they get stronger. However, the current state of the game does not allow you to progress to handle these adjustments. If the mobs stay as is every update and you add new zones to the game with 'revamped' mobs, people can stay at their happy place and proceed to advance and check out the new zones when they're stronger.

Currently the only thing you can do as a solution is tone down the mobs back to what they were. Example is Cemetery, I used to farm there solo, now you re-vamped it and I get blown up in a couple of hits.

Just hold your horses on making stuff stronger, you can do that in new zones, the lineage 2 lands are big enough.
For now, tone down the mobs you've boosted.

• Like 3

Also you should make Blessed Exalted Scrolls cheaper and add permanent Scrolls for Weapon like other regions, if atleast those non-tradeable items get cheaper, I see some people willing to spend few nccoin on them.

Its not the end of the world to run around with blessed exalted +10 and weapon +12, maybe and I say maybe, you can then farm in Alligator

Do events for lvl 105-115 players every month, this refers to an increase in damage (scrolls, items that last 30 day or 7 day`s)  so they can start   playng .  2 REMOVE Vampiric Rage  rezistance FROM ALL MOBS and  HUNTING zone 105-115 so ppl can farm in thos zone. If u dont wanna make EXP events. 

As a new player that returned after a long time i was very disappointed with how the updates not only  generalized a of of the good and uniqueness lineage 2 used to have but made it almost boring.

Quests that send you over and over to kill 40k monsters for 5-6 times aren't fun, rewards are none existent, a low level character or anyone new in the game have virtually no way to make money to survive beside s praying 2-3 boxes they get from dailies give them something. There is a lot of useless downtime on leveling at certain levels ( 105-107) which make it almost impossible to find groups and so on.

You cannot have zones that are advertised as level 102 only to have the lvl 105 get 2 shot by the monsters there, its insanely unbalanced.

Allow players to make some kind of money or to spoil/drop stuff and try to get the economy back on feet, right now the economy is terrible.

Try to overhaul your vitality system at the moment it feels extremely redcurrant unless you're forced to use some specific store items.

Make your prestige subscription more lucrative and not only about boosts.

I can go on for hours on how the game is getting almost  unplayable at this point and how both pve hunting is a joke, world bosses need to have a variety for lower players as well.

As for pvp , sometimes but very rarely can be fun but current situation watch Aden sieges having max 20 people fighting against eachother because others know they stand zero chance against " stacked" players makes it a joke. revamp the pvp, still give whales some advantage but tonne it down especially the dmg multipliers

• Like 1

the survey for the dps is very good, why don't they ask the supports like the healers, tanks and iss on the subject of raising xp without depending on anyone? worry more about the supports since many players lose if they do not find solutions.
thank you

Used to solo wall of argos with self buffs and no rose, now I need iss/pot buffs and rose in order to stay alive and I have very good gear... hard to stay competitive unless we have no $$$ limit in-game.

Need a better system where we can ++ weapons and armor easier and more efficient.  Mage weapons are a lot harder to ++ then others.

Dragon weapons were pushed into the game which was great, now we need more claws so we can actually level them.  At the moment to level a standard to high, buying claws  will cost between 5.5 to 7.5 trillion, not including all the other items needed.  Runes that were given to players but can not be used along with tradeable ones.

I stopped spending money in L2 for 3 months now.  Waiting to see where the game is heading before I splurge again.

There are a lot of items needed in-game that are not being fulfilled... skill books, runes, claws, elcyum,...

• Like 1

Hello

The newest version of monsters at server, provides an upgrade at their stats (patt/matt/pdef/mdef) and thats all.

They didnt updated at experience given everywhere, item drops (Primeval Isle), adena (Isle of Souls/Storm Isle) and also there are a small decrease at spawn rate everywhere.

You are doing very good job, the update is very good (exept monster difficulty and the cloak bug at it's release), the updated events are amazing, so i kindly ask you to keep the current update and restore the monsters  at previous version.

Thank you for your time

Personally, I am very pleased with the latest changes. Although the mobs are much stronger, I manage to beat in 116 level zones with 109 characters with exalted equipment and without heal.
  I can only congratulate the team for finally solving the bot problem
  However, I have slight concerns that some corrupt GMs have suggested opening up on this topic. In order to benefit the users of bots and those who sell adena on different sites

This update, and the exp zones are fine. They are not the problem.

The problem is years of item starvation on NA servers.

Every single update in Korea the mobs get adjusted to average gear level of the player base. The average gear in Korea is on the same tier as upper-mid range players on NA. Having +20 Limited R110 weapons in considered basic in Korea, while those weapons only exist a few on Chronos and Naia. Same goes for Dragon Weapons stage 2 and 3. These are everywhere on Korean servers, yet only a select view exist on NA servers. And the list goes on and on. Players in Korea have way easier access to enchanting items like Royal Black Tickets, Royal Gold Tickets, Shining Kain Scrolls and upgrade items like Crystal of Dawn. We're starved out for items like that. And the list goes on and on. 

When the dev team changes areas for mobs to do more damage, because Koreans wear +16-20 armors, but 90% of the player base on NA is wears +8-12 there is a big problem.

The exp zones are fine. 

Item starvation is not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Arctic said:

Greetings everyone!

We are working with the Dev team to collect player feedback regarding the latest changes to Hunting Zones in the Storm Of Terror update. We'd love to relay some of your thoughts & opinions on monster difficulty, Adena drops, or items in hunting zones.

Please consider this thread a place to share your thoughts which will be reviewed and then shared with the development team. We'd love to hear what you think!

"Dev team" shall to understand that old content must to keep same and new content need to be the hardest in game. this is the way a RPG works. If people see all your progress has gone, they'll quit.

• Like 2

There were some nice features in this update and overall it was well received, with the exception of mobs difficulty.

As a 110 dagger, i used to duo with my ISS in Forest of Mirrors and was having a decent kill rate ( most mobs were 1-2 stabs ). This was only on ISS buffs + PoM; no other boosts like rose.

After the update, i lvled to 111 and the same mobs were harder to kill - i needed to use the rose scroll ( or red libra buff ) just to stay alive.
I also improved some gear as well and the result was that i was killing the same as before with lower lvl and boosts.

Now that red libra is gone, if i don;t use a rose buff i die in FoM. This is with ISS heal every 1-2s ... so at some point i get hit for ore than 50k dmg  and i die.
As it was mentioned before, survive-ability is a problem and this is due to mobs hitting harder.
I appreciate the exp bonus even for 2 ppl party in some zones, but we have to be able to survive there so that it's worth it.

Another example is with Crisis where i could 1-shot mobs before update; after, i had to switch from othell human to spoiler, just so i can do more dmg and achieve the same kill speed i had before.

Either lower mobs dmg output, or make gear easier to obtain.

Hello,

The essence of the problem: there is not enough equipment for our region.

There is a problem, but not for everyone. Players with top equipment are fine.

But most players can't afford it. They need time to upgrade yourself.

Situation at the moment by lvls / locations.

105-110  - its ok;

110-116 – must be fix; (there people stuck and have issue).

116+ must have already equip and party for continue high exp.

This is easy to check. Main locations for 110+ lvl its Ketra/Varka. But people try stay on low lvl location like Neutral Zone, because Ketra/Varka its much stronger than before.

Solution:

a)     Revert locations to previous settings (easiest action for support);

b)    Strenuously engage in the economy and development of the main middle players. Compared to other regions, we are lagging behind (was not bad with DW weapons, we miss 2 +- more for ppl be stronger);

c)     Continue to constantly boost server settings as you do for almost 1 year (rose / collection / items etc).

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, bauXyu said:

Personally, I am very pleased with the latest changes. Although the mobs are much stronger, I manage to beat in 116 level zones with 109 characters with exalted equipment and without heal.
  I can only congratulate the team for finally solving the bot problem
  However, I have slight concerns that some corrupt GMs have suggested opening up on this topic. In order to benefit the users of bots and those who sell adena on different sites

I'd like to see that. 1 char lvl 110 full exalted armor +10 and weapon  +12 cant even farm alone efficiently in silent valley (106 zone) let alone 116.

For you to kill in 116 zone with exalted (armor or weapon) you must have few hundred billions worth of other gear

another lil point which is easy to fix is make the timings behind certain ingame events like cursed swords / swamp / dethrone more balanced as majority of your player base is actually not North American - it was semi ok but then we got summer time change and now we have swamp at 24:00-01:00 and DeThrone running upto 5am.. those are not ok time frames and hurt the quality of life of playing L2

if the korean dev intention is to leave for example DeThrone at that time cycle then add 116/120/124 non pvp zones so ppl can set up and go sleep, expecting players to stay up till 5am is not ok

• Like 1

I actually like this update with mobs being buffed. 

The first reason is that it forces people to gear up more defensively. However, this does compound the issue that it is very costly to gear up defensively and the options are somewhat limited. Although, the Tersi's soul crystals are a great addition to help gear up defensively for a reasonable cost.

The second reason is that it forces many people to party with others to hunt at an equivalent level to before the update. I think most people feel that you shouldn't have to party with someone to hunt in a solo zone and I agree. BUT, you don't have to, you just have to hunt in a lower level zone that you can handle. I think this is a very good thing in the long term. It creates opportunities for the support classes to be useful not just in the party hunting zones. Now, people may be thinking it's not worth it to have someone in party since they take a big chunk of xp. That's not true anymore, the other big change that no one has mentioned yet is that having someone in your party doesn't dramatically reduce xp anymore. Having a second person in your party only reduces your xp by about 9%!! That's awesome! I don't have to feel too bad about the xp loss bringing someone into my party anymore in solo hunting zones! If you get 15% better xp in the next zone up but only lose 9%, you'll still be getting about 5% better xp assuming you kill at the same rate. Therefore, people should likely be hunting with supports even in solo zones to maximize xp potential. This is great for support classes and should create more demand for supports which was very much needed.

The only downside to this update that I see is that everyone feels not as strong as they were before. This is a psychological issue in my opinion. I'm not saying it's okay, it's not good to weaken players since the same is about progression. We play video games to feel good and an MMORPG is about progression. Each time you buff the mobs, we lose progress. Theoretically it's fine because you're still progressing and everyone is weaker at the same rate but realistically people don't like it.

One more reason that I am all for the buffing of the mobs is that it somewhat equalizes the disparity between AOE characters and single target characters. In my opinion, a level 117 AOE character should not be able to solo AOE the same level TOI as a level 118 single target character. This update caused many AOE characters to drop several TOI levels to survive AOEing. While I understand the hurt that AOE characters feel from this, I think it is a great change. Again, it incentivizes people to play with supports. I'm a single target character so I can't test this but, for example, an AOE character may get better adena with a tank and an iss at a higher TOI level than soloing with just an iss. This update makes situations like this possible.

TLDR:

Positives:
1. The update forces people to actually think more about defensive gear. It's not just about getting as much damage as possible and ignoring defense anymore.
2. I think this update is great for incentivizing small party play which gives support classes more opportunities. We need more supports!
3. AOE characters are nerfed by not being able to survive. Good. There is still a big disparity between AOE and single target classes, this update balances them a bit.

Negatives:
1. We need more defensive gear opportunities. Tersi's soul crystals are a great start.
2. It does not feel good to feel weaker because the mobs got stronger. The game is about progression and everyone was set back. I think the positives significantly outweigh this negative in the long run.

• Like 1

I have been posting for a long time now, but maybe we can get some information.  The summoner class CANT kill in the new zones, at 119 my pets are maxed out at 117 and I cant kill in the new zones because the defense and attack of white damage is too low to be able to xp.  The accuracy of the pets are too low, and the sharing of servitor passives does not work.   Also the passives of dual class skills does not work either, and I have been told by NCWEST that this is working as intended.   

As a 119 with almost top gear of game ( +10 limited set, all greater jewels, all +10 artifacts, all greater charms and blood weapon)  I can barely xp in a 114 zone, and I Cant level in the respective zones I should be able to ( cemetery, hot springs Valley of saints)  .   I can actually xp in all these zones just fine on any other class but summoner cant kill in any new zone,  you need to fix the class because its YEARS behind everyone else.   A tyrr or deathknight can do these zones at 115 but I cant do these zones at 119 and the summoner needs a HUGE fix... at least 10x the defense hp and attack would barely start to fix this.  Also ALL passives need to apply from the summoner to the summons , too much gear is based on passives given and summons do NOT get the passives from all the gear. 

@Arctic @Juji @Hime

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Joebob said:

I actually like this update with mobs being buffed. 

The first reason is that it forces people to gear up more defensively. However, this does compound the issue that it is very costly to gear up defensively and the options are somewhat limited. Although, the Tersi's soul crystals are a great addition to help gear up defensively for a reasonable cost.

The second reason is that it forces many people to party with others to hunt at an equivalent level to before the update. I think most people feel that you shouldn't have to party with someone to hunt in a solo zone and I agree. BUT, you don't have to, you just have to hunt in a lower level zone that you can handle. I think this is a very good thing in the long term. It creates opportunities for the support classes to be useful not just in the party hunting zones. Now, people may be thinking it's not worth it to have someone in party since they take a big chunk of xp. That's not true anymore, the other big change that no one has mentioned yet is that having someone in your party doesn't dramatically reduce xp anymore. Having a second person in your party only reduces your xp by about 9%!! That's awesome! I don't have to feel too bad about the xp loss bringing someone into my party anymore in solo hunting zones! If you get 15% better xp in the next zone up but only lose 9%, you'll still be getting about 5% better xp assuming you kill at the same rate. Therefore, people should likely be hunting with supports even in solo zones to maximize xp potential. This is great for support classes and should create more demand for supports which was very much needed.

The only downside to this update that I see is that everyone feels not as strong as they were before. This is a psychological issue in my opinion. I'm not saying it's okay, it's not good to weaken players since the same is about progression. We play video games to feel good and an MMORPG is about progression. Each time you buff the mobs, we lose progress. Theoretically it's fine because you're still progressing and everyone is weaker at the same rate but realistically people don't like it.

One more reason that I am all for the buffing of the mobs is that it somewhat equalizes the disparity between AOE characters and single target characters. In my opinion, a level 117 AOE character should not be able to solo AOE the same level TOI as a level 118 single target character. This update caused many AOE characters to drop several TOI levels to survive AOEing. While I understand the hurt that AOE characters feel from this, I think it is a great change. Again, it incentivizes people to play with supports. I'm a single target character so I can't test this but, for example, an AOE character may get better adena with a tank and an iss at a higher TOI level than soloing with just an iss. This update makes situations like this possible.

TLDR:

Positives:
1. The update forces people to actually think more about defensive gear. It's not just about getting as much damage as possible and ignoring defense anymore.
2. I think this update is great for incentivizing small party play which gives support classes more opportunities. We need more supports!
3. AOE characters are nerfed by not being able to survive. Good. There is still a big disparity between AOE and single target classes, this update balances them a bit.

Negatives:
1. We need more defensive gear opportunities. Tersi's soul crystals are a great start.
2. It does not feel good to feel weaker because the mobs got stronger. The game is about progression and everyone was set back. I think the positives significantly outweigh this negative in the long run.

There are 2 themes here 1- we are talking lvl 105-115 

2- 115-120+  So  let's try to make the difference

Way is good  for ppl lower then  115  to  struggling  in hunting zone for beginners? ( The all point of tis is to repopulate the servers ) NOt 10 acc afk farming  over 6 mounts and get lvl 110  and stop.

`Make Partys  Stronger Mobs `   from 115 -120+    So Support  classes  like  ISS , Healer and   maybe Summoner  if they can  make party Buffs can be mendatory for progress IF ther ar NEW  Dungens  that acctual  u need to play not 1  man with 6 ISS  party  runing around  and 1 shot  avriy thing, NO1 need thos classes they ar ONLY   for personal use. There will never be a acctive Suport classes exept in  pvp and that ar only Healers NOT iss. NOW  Way  ISS  DONT  have LVL 6 BUFS Brand Melody and sonata LVL 6 harmony  and new  Skils that  ar specials in they on way  that party`s    NEED  ? so  they  ar anytime welcome and  become  acctive Suport classes.

Aoe Classes  Oh!  they are always a problem 

It's more complicated then stronger Mobs and suport toons to be acctive. First achive re- populate server  Not make them harder  and second add new conten for acctive ppl. NOT repeating the same thing over and over agen.

• Like 1

First I would like to point out that SKILLS, were supposed to work, and they dont. The resistances are WAY too high in the game. Daggers for example have a passive called Scorpion Poison that SHOULD land and it slows down attack speed and acts as a silence for Magic users. This NEVER lands. 90% of the skills that a character is built on, dont work, this update was supposed to fix it.. it did not due to the HUGE Gear difference between the US market and others (we having TOO much damage and special stuff) .  The Mob difficulty has increase so before, an ISS could solo ok, so it was almost worth playing support. NOW? DD's can barely kill mobs, which means support have no chance. Support cannot farm adena, they cannot solo, there skills dont land in PVP, there isnt any reason outside of POM or Victoriis of Piaagrio to play a support any longer. 

The equipment differential between the NA and the rest of the regions is out of hand. it takes tens of thousands of dollars to invest in the game simply to be able to AFK mobs, That's ridiculous. However if you don't increase the mob difficulty, then clans like Mopogos with EVERYTHING, simply make more adena and widen the gear and level gap and continue to make the game miserably for everyone. 

The solution to this imho, is to SIGNIFICANTLY reduce the cost of equipment. if equipment is affordable, it means people will buy MORE of it, because they will make MORE characters, they will gear MORE parties and actually be able to go to a siege and contribute. As it sits right now, Duroki can kill an entire clan by himself. Its not fun, it discourages new players or less geared players to go to swords, or sieges or be involved in anything. If the level of gear is similar, it at least give new players, and players with pockets not as deep to enjoy the game content. Including the Eisenhad Store with REASONABLE prices, keeps the cost of items on the server stable, it also allows others to advance while not waiting for 6 mo for an event where they MIGHT get a cloak.

Any class with a summon right now is a joke as well. Mages have a 90% damage reduction, yet a summoners summon gets killed in one shot and doesn't do ANY damage what so ever in PVP or PVE.  

In short, the update and the new areas are great, but:

Skills need to work in PVE and PVP

Equipment needs to be available to the server, not behind the MASSIVE paywall that it is at right now. (the areas are very unpopular, because no one can afford the equipment to kill in them to make it worth it) 

Classes with Summons need to be fixed (we've been asking for this for YEARS, it's about time)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i will not comment new Hunting Zones  update or mobs update, i will just say few words about new "Tank" class DK why the hell did you name this misunderstanding TANK ? As some of the Heroes in the game said, this happens when GM gets very drunk or do drugs and decide to make a new class in the game with all their favorite skills in one place.  I understand that the game must have a different characters, each with its own advantages and disadvantages, so the game was invented in the beginning to be game balanced. Tanks that can suffer a lot of damage, Iss to buff, and different DD ones that have a big mass damage, others with big single damage, someone with barrier skills with different times and so on I can list many. But to make a ?? "TANK" ?? DK who is a hundred times stronger on the same equipment than another is absolute nonsense. Are you ever test some things before introduce it ?  Why did you do this to increase your sales of forgotten chapters ? if you are too lazy to test your own server, watch 10 videos in youtube, to see how this char farm alone, how DK make pvp alone vs 15 people. And the biggest joke is to call it a TANK, you'd better name it Super Mega DК, or The Incredible Hulk DK, or Iron Man Capitan America DK. I personally have been playing La2 for 20 years, I never expected such a misunderstanding to appear in the game Dark Knight "TANK"

I already posted in another thread on the subject, but it seems gm's don't read those, so i have to repeat myself. I don't expect anything to change, based on previous similar situations.

Remember this?

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/21838-herald-of-light-poll-feedback-collection/

The situation was similar, mobs got a huge buff after an update. People started to complain considerably, so the gm's started a feedback poll.

Feedback was hugely negative (83%) and people provided extensive explanations, presented the encountered problems and proposed solution.

The outcome? One day the poll was simply closed and moved to Archive, no answer given  to all the feedback and no change to the game. This happened to a poll started by gm's, not a post made by a simple player.

Some "good" event followed and everyone was "happy" again. Case closed.

Regarding feedback for the current ”update”, do you somehow filter out negative posts started by your players when (if) you read the forums? Didn't you see these posts, are they not enough?

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/24259-update-frustrations/

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/24218-huge-boost-on-mobs-after-update/

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/24298-i-have-to-say-this-is-the-best-update-ever/

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/24262-quality-of-life-ingame-decreased/

In short, how could anyone enjoy seeing his char getting weaker in half a day? 

People expect to get better as they invest in their char. We spend time and money to progress, and then un ”update” comes that downgrades our chars back a few months and a few farming zones and negates all the money spent on it. What can keep us motivated to continue playing if this update comes and we realize we just lost a few months and some money with absolutely no gain? We could pick up and try to move forward, but forward to what, more ”updates” like this one that pushes our chars back to close to when we started playing, after years of play and the money we spent?

• Like 2