Forums

Feedback Request: Hunting Zones

Arctic

swords starts at 10am
raids start at 12 noon
oly starts at 1pm
swamp is at 3am 3pm
swords box pvp starts at 4:30 pm

basically all events start before 5pm .  If this is NA server I cant participate in ANY events since they all before 5pm and in the middle of the work day.  We all are older and have jobs now, not sure why the games been forced out of NA times, 5pm-10pm 

• Like 1

Hi, i am newbacker new update is awsome , 112 lv chars cant farm command channel instances , raids take 0 dmg and there is written its 107lv instances , for low item chars is imposible only the whale on server farm this and richer become more richer aslo adena drop in nz you cannot buy shots whit this adena if you play mage this game is pay to win 100% now mobs make insane dmg and drop notthing may be of last update make all zones 130lv and make us to pay for shots whit euro ,insane dmg from mobs the exalted players is 1 hit or may be they must stay to 120 lv lv up in blazingswamp not every 1 have 1000 euro for limited set on 10 you guys make game more and more unplayable every major update ....

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 8:10 AM, Draecke said:

another lil point which is easy to fix is make the timings behind certain ingame events like cursed swords / swamp / dethrone more balanced as majority of your player base is actually not North American - it was semi ok but then we got summer time change and now we have swamp at 24:00-01:00 and DeThrone running upto 5am.. those are not ok time frames and hurt the quality of life of playing L2

if the korean dev intention is to leave for example DeThrone at that time cycle then add 116/120/124 non pvp zones so ppl can set up and go sleep, expecting players to stay up till 5am is not ok

This is supposed to be a North American Server, if you want Euro times, you should switch to Naia as that is supposed to be the Euro Server. Please stop commenting on time changes to the NA server to suit your location as all it does is screw every NA player on the NA server. I understand the time for Dethroned, but this isnt something we can easily fix as the Devs don't seem to be smart enough to figure out good times for anyone.  

@Juji @Arctic

Any update on this? Or is this just a topic like all the others where you open it, pretend you're listening then effectively do nothing about it because you don't like our answers?

To NC Soft HQ, is it possible to get community managers and moderators that actually care about the player base/ customers and interact with us more that once a month? Ones that actual act on our feedback and don't simply gouge us for items when every other server in the world has gear to keep pace with the changes? Ones that actually log into game and look for players using programs and cheating, then take appropriate action? Is any of this possible? 

If not, can I suggest you make L2 Live Open Source (or open a lease program so others can rent the IP) and we will build our own servers the right way? Or even a DIRECT port over from Korea, or Japan, or ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HERE, We literally could not screw this up worse than NC Soft West is doing now.  

• Like 3

Hello everyone!
As a new member to this community( started playing 4 months ago) i think the areas are too strong, not enought, the size or amount of mobs is too low, and not enought good areas to level up atleast solo, or they are packed, im 108 atm, and the best area i can go and find mobs are enchanted valley wich is 104. Aligator, silent valley that are more close to my level i see partys or people overthere the whole day, cant even join those.. and drop rates are insanely low.. from what i heard only with the destiny pack or the monthly pack is worth to play...

Im with full blessed exalted gear, need to have a bot iss healing meand debuffing to try farm in any of the 108 areas when i can have a spot and i get pked quite fast , cuz im in "their spot"... i've heard a lot this is a p2w game, its difficult (...).
if i wanna buy or farm something to get some gear i need to make a few bots, let the others farm me in oly to sell the codex after, so i ruin someone's chance to be hero just to try get a few millions... cuz a "simple" item r110 costs 8-12Billion and i make 1.2k adena per mob.

Im not saying that i want things or easy things, but the game economy is broken, new players cant progress without having to pay thousans, im participating on this oriana event, just to sell my coins to try get some money cuz the chance to get something is pretty low... why should we have the old areas with lvls that are pointless, when we should have a few more mid range level ? ( 105-115)  since we get 1-85 just moving around with 1 box, and 85 - 100 ( same place) 100-105 ( u got 2 options but most of ppl go for BS )...

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, iHyperlite said:

Here is my take on Lineage 2’s issues. I have end game gear, LvL 119, stage 2 daggers, +10 circlet, 18 elmore, +10 artifacts, greater agath, 30 forgottens, hero, etc.

Gear Access

The main issue we face is the ability for people to obtain gear without hitting a pay wall.  Each update, mobs get harder and rebalanced for the Korean standard player. However, our export region has been, and still is, the absolute most expensive in regards to paid events of any export region and the least amount of gear distributed from said paid events.

Forgotten skills should be a Collection item or their price and availability completely adjusted.  1 skill costs $1000 USD, $800 USD on an event sale.  Each class needs 2-4 of these learned, and we have a dual class, so that is 4-8 passive skills needed. This is tops $8000 for 1 toon, for some passive skills.  The game is balanced for us having these skills 30/31, but yet a very large portion of people barely get past level 15.

Our export region also lacks the L-Coin store.  This would breathe life into so many players it is unreal.  Why this basic game mechanic has been left out of our region only is insulting to the entire player base.  We see the other regions, we read the official Korean news, we know what the game can be like.  We also know our region is purposely adjusted to milk cash form people.

I get you need to make money. You don’t have to financially gouge you player base unapologetically in the process.

Paid events are typically bad. Loot boxes are bad. People drop $500 USD and get nothing of value, barely topping out at a $200-$250 return.  This makes people not spend or quit.  If you insist on keeping the same types of events and pay models, you have to understand that your pay model is killing the active players from existing. Make prices 1/10 or even 1/5 of their current price and see how many new players spend and show up.

With that said, some events are nice (Slayer, Rim Kama, to name a couple). Then you have utterly insulting events like the real attack cookie craft event.  Spend 200-300 bucks for one chance at a 5% click? In Korea, they get real attack cookies like candy, by the 1000s.  Of course they can make those clicks feasibly.  For us, its price gouging.  We see this, were not dumb.

Why are half the dragons still shut off?

Why do no mobs or raids drop anything we need?

Your current system starves players of all basic items needed to even be semi successful in game.  No one is going to get hooked if they speed to 105 in a week on freebie gear, then get hit with the reality that they must spend a few grand to even kill a mob to progress.  This screams broken product that is mismanaged, not a healthy MMO that entices new players to come.

Hero Coin

This is supposed to be a premium currency, and you still advertise it as a bonus perk for all purchases.  However, the items in the Hero Coin store are completely obsolete, and have been for multiple years.

All items in game should be available via Hero Coin for a standard, basic, non insane price, even when not on an event.  This is a premium currency, make it be a premium currency again.

Here are some examples:

Dragon Claw : 100 Hero Coin

Elcyum : 1 Hero Coin

30 Day Advanced Mammon Talismans : 50 Hero Coin (Any Type)

Dark/Bloody Armor Stones : 5 Hero Coin

Dark/Bloody Wep Stone : 25 Hero Coin

Cystal of Dawn : 10 Hero Coin

Sayha Talisman Box : 2 Hero Coin

LVL 5 La Vie Box : 50 Hero Coin

+10 Normal Agathion Random : 500 Hero Coin

Kain Scrolls (Ally Types) : 25-50 hero Coin Each

Shiny Kain Scrolls : 150-250 Hero Coin Each

15-18 Cloak Scroll : 250 Hero Coin

10-15 Cloak Scroll : 100 hero Coin

Events should allow cheaper and easier access to stuff. But your premium currency for your ultimate spenders should not be forgotten and abandoned.

Red Libra Changes

Stone of destiny was an amazing addition. However, there is no way for someone with a $10,000+ USD Dragon Wep to swap that weapon if they want to change class, basically eliminating one of your top paying customers from every swapping their class.  This needs to be majorly re-thought out, as its pushing someone like me to quit instead of reroll due to how bad my class has been balanced against.

At libra, we should be able to pay and swap any stage dragon wep for the same stage, but dif wep type.  You CANNOT lock this to the type of dragon it is (vala to vala for example) because no all dragon weps offer all weapons.

PvP Balance

There is no balance in end game PvP. Tyr’s, Yuls and now DK’s own everything in mass PvP and Olympiad.  The game has many classes (Dagger, Summoner specifically) which have been forgotten and obsoleted due to how the game has evolved.

The game is all about non target AoE’s, Celestial, UD, Steel Mind, Range.  There is no point to try and pvp on a dagger anymore as every single class does the 1 shot better, has way more HP, Pdef, damage mitigation skills, and DPS.

In Olympiad, there are talismans that cancel hide.  Dagger is the only class an item like this exists for, why?  A sayha seer’s hide is nack up instantly, so it isn’t a counter to them.  Where is the cancel Guts, Cancel Rage, Cancel UD talismans to balance this overpowered item?

Yul has flair, jump, range, aoe, 1 shot of multiple targets at once.  Why doesn’t a dagger have any of this?  A yul is now an aoe range dagger, and the dagger is completely obsolete.

I would reroll, but I cant, because of the above mentioned red libra dragon wep issue.

To help dagger, the following needs done:

·       Barrage of Nails needs skill power increased to match other stabs.

·       While in hide, we should be immune to all damage to allow movement in mass pvp

·       Cooldown on hide should be lower

·       Ultimate Evasion needs s major boost (skill evasion, mdef, some type of dmg mitigation)

·       Counter Stance should be 100%, not 80%.

Also, once you enacted the 90% crit cap, this never should have been applied to a dagger. When we don’t crit, we do 0 damage.  This had a massively negative affect on our pvp viability.  We have so many missed stabs now, and I maxed out skill crit rate and it still sucks.

Its funny, a dagger is supposed to 1 shot people, but all it does is stab 5x on the rear of a person in 1v1, they pop shirt celest, no tsarget, and 1 non target aoe and you’re dead.

An eviscerator can run around with perma steel mind, basically being immune to everything for long periods of time, with only 10-15s windows of being able to die, all while 1 shotting anything it touches. 

How is a dagger more broken than that?  Yep, this is balanced.

And don’t get me started on the Death Knight.  Every single player agrees this is a broken, unbalanced class that you gave every cool skill to.  But yet this update, you just boost it.  A 110 DK in mid gear can 1 shot an end game toon in end game gear.  Absolutely broken.  Why does a tank need all the best skills from a yul/tyr/eviscerator all at once?  Do the developers even play this game?

I don’t have a problem with the tactile playstyle of dagger. It is fun and I truly love it. But the game is so unbalanced in PvP it isn’t even fun anymore.

Hunting Zones

I do believe the true issue facing us is the gear issues I referenced above and pay wall issues. However, the hunting zones are poorly thought out and just boring at times.

You need zones that cater to specific types of classes. Where is the old Fields of Silence that resisted everything except fists and daggers?  Where is the lethal/half kill imperial tomb type area we had long ago?

Where is our monster factions that we were told was coming back years ago?

You should rehash the faction book and the talismans we were able to make with that system, and focus on an end game farm system for upgraded talismans.  Why can we have multiple end game zones for dif party types, different things to farm and upgrade, all for just playing.

It gets old logging in and going to the same place for 20 hours a day.  It’d be nice if we could farm something to break up the grind.  Not everything should be pay walls.

A dagger’s bread and butter is to maintain a status effect on their target based on shadow chase or bluff landing. ToI is completely immune to status effects, lethal, half kill, and there is a new buff on them saying they resist blows.  Why not resist bows or slashers or cutters?  Why just what a dagger needs to be successful?

In Closing

I have given long, well written posts in the past.  Nothing was done with them.

The gear access is is truly the root cause of our regions issues.

If you want your product to be better, listen to our suggestions.  I have watched so many people quit over the last year its insane.

JP export region has all gear on everyone. Core and Ru has insanely cheap prices.  We get the watered down expensive region that has no f2p coin store.

Some good marketing, proper price structure for the economies you service (not everyone who plays this makes 500 grand a year) would do Lineage 2 wonders.

Good luck.

totaly agree  most of ppl  cant afford to  get  forgotten skils to lv10   or  make some other items  weapons  juwels  looks like nc  just  making poop on ppl  and telling its  chocolate  its part of event

I think the upgrade is great. The "Enchant" hunting zones are a great way to have some decent exp in a small party, as the exp drop for 2-4 ppl is insignificant.
There is not enough party spots tho, and the exp there is not as good compared to the enchant spots. Party spots need to be beefed up.
Drop wise is good, adena maybe a little bit too much? Not sure if too much adena on the server or just not enough items.. or both!

I am a midgrade geared Nuker 114/summoner 111 and midgrade gear 113 tank, low geared 114 healer.  Too many zones have been boosted to a point where we cannot exp there without downgrading!  This is a very large setback!  Please fix the zones!

I used to be able to do refinery, now i cannot not even with iss and healer.  The adena share is also poor when you have more than 2-3 people in it. They should have equal adena 2-7 people in this zone or many will not  help supports. If they made this equal share, you would have more people buy prestige packs on supports and boxes. 

TOI 1 still cannot dent it solo and many people are not even geared enough to survive it. If you make a party the adena share is too small.  One of the many reasons is the adena share is split to how many people in party.  If they made it equal amount adena  2-7 people, this will help many supports gear up.  Many times this turns into a selfish party and there would be no reason to help many supports. Many people want as little people in party as possible.   Larger pickup range would be much more helpful.  The drops should not disappear by a certain time either. 

Dethroned, tank used to be able to tank 116 side, now its like she is walking around naked!  She can no longer tank dethroned.  Nuker also damages them less than before.   112 side, why do you make this zone so SMALL! You have majority of base players are for this area of this level and you have nothing but KS heaven!  Make this zone bigger and spots more separated! 116 asha and nox, the mobs that are ranged should be attracted to the tank but they stay where they are and wipe the party many times. Please make them come to the tank as they should then more people would go to these zones more often.   I think the adena needs also to be adjusted as its a waste of our prestige packs the amount is so low. There should be more soul trees to spawn but no mark on the map when they spawn. please have these locatable on the map.  this zone also has a habitual crash every time you port in 2 minutes later! Please fix.

Sea of Spores -  tank used to be able to tank it, now the tank hp is totally unstable.   We hate the stupid mushroom guards, what's the purpose of these? The support walks to party killed by mushroom on the way... remove them and bring the sos monsters back to where they were.  95% of sos is empty due to this. 

Varka /Ketra  The mobs are harder, nuker takes much longer to kill them. the 111 summoner does not even scratch them.  Tank never had problems here but requires more healing now with current patch.

Neutral Zone- now officially too hard for the average player, its 95% empty.  Here summoner actually does damage with 2 trillion worth of nuker gear (for the nuking part). any where else, forget it, the class is useless once again.  The pets are needed physical damage items even when using the magic unicorns makes absolutely no sense.  Please fix this, i should not need to use a ruby to make the pets stronger when using magic attacks.  the exalted people wait for a geared player to carry them in NZ is terrible solution to this problem. There should be more spots for this area if you revert it back to previous levels.  

All raid bosses should have individual loot boxes.  More raid bosses should be adjusted with loot and lower level so normal people 110+ can also join.  The newest raid boss is for the super geared...

Many people are frustrated about the mobs getting harder and there are barely any rewards for exping.  There is a big need to have drops of items that are needed for upgrades, such as artifact crystals, fragments, crystal of dawn , books...just the basic stuff needs to be farmable with much more reasonable odds. 

Party matching needs to be revamped, where we can specify the class and level we need and zones.  Dailies parties should some sort of alert if you have not completed them that there is party available (like olympiad alert.)

The party itself when people disconnect, we have to hope the party leader is around to simply invite us back. Please improve this by simply keeping the party intact, if the person dc, they have 15 min to log back in and there they still in the party without being frozen out of the party.   running invite macros forever is not efficient. 

Also off topic but please have a saved store function!  When you dc or relogin it is absolute horrid that the shop toon does not have a saved shop so we do not have to reset it up every single time. 

Private whisper should have window pop up and make sounds.  

There are many areas unused, please change the levels on them so they can be utilized.

I hope you can make these improvements so everyone can enjoy the game. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

maybe some ncwest players would like to see what korea official servers economy looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgJ4UsHVYE

for example, divine enchant scrolls for agathions cost there 60 milion per one (!!!), here 20b. you can click through video and you will see what is problem here. also to small notice, that character is not main character and is basically box, +30 weapons are there only for boxed toons, rest gears kinda too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, socketka said:

maybe some ncwest players would like to see what korea official servers economy looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgJ4UsHVYE

for example, divine enchant scrolls for agathions cost there 60 milion per one (!!!), here 20b. you can click through video and you will see what is problem here. also to small notice, that character is not main character and is basically box, +30 weapons are there only for boxed toons, rest gears kinda too.

We can see here how wonderful, magnific Lineage II Live can be!!!! I want cry 😭

Hi , I back to play before 4month i saw no item drop no spoil no alliance raids due to 90% decrese cr dmg and 117 lv bosses when on npc says 107 lv chars  can enter. Impossible to middle geared ppl enjoy allyance bosses becose its impossible to kill . Zones Drop is terrible even whit prestige pack no drop no adena and 100% drop chance not work on chests thats why this work only on big bosses and time zones . Party zones give so low drop compare to easy mobs in other zones make spoil , mats drop there  and chests drop x2 and last thing monster do insane dmg ...

On 4/7/2022 at 11:37 PM, Arctic said:

Greetings everyone!

We are working with the Dev team to collect player feedback regarding the latest changes to Hunting Zones in the Storm Of Terror update. We'd love to relay some of your thoughts & opinions on monster difficulty, Adena drops, or items in hunting zones.

Please consider this thread a place to share your thoughts which will be reviewed and then shared with the development team. We'd love to hear what you think!

@Arctic any update on this issue?

Are the thoughts and opinions expressed in this thread not enough, or maybe not sufficiently clear? Do you need any more details from players, and if so, could you please specify?

Could we at least get an update every 10 days, as a sign of minimum respect for the community you are supposed to manage and, in some cases, for your paying customers? 

as others have already written, the damage of the summoner is ridiculous, a summoner 105 in exalted in areas like desert quarry (102) takes three times longer than any other DD, same level and same equipment.
I also had an archer, now I have 2 useless pgs.
With the eviscerator it goes better but after the update i had to bring the exalted armor to +10, nowq with the +10 armor i take the same damage i took before the update with the smooth armor...

@juji has to stop looking at the whales and start looking at the avg 110-115 player....if this is where @juji wants the majority of playerbase....it is what it is.  updates get harder and harder and players get weaker and weaker.  i have a 110 toon with a +30 weapon and +10 limited set and cant survive in 110 area.....thats a 3k dollar toon right there that cant do poo and is weaksauce.

Nobody talks about the money problem, a player has to pay around 400 euros to start the game and he dies in Alligator island . With that money they  can buy bless exallted +10 set and Bloody wep +12 and 2 talismans and thats  about it, adena drop in the beginning places with prestige pach is 0 in a month you can do 500 mil 24/7 play  that is  nothing in other words trade are made with real money Enything you want to do you have to buy with euros or dollars that is not normal, Change the mobs  in low lvl zone 105-115  or add wep and armor  to buy  in the shoop  at a low  euros/ dollars price  and let  players  enjoy the game  to lvl 115. If i need a  angel `s ring + 6  20 euros  if i need a Jewel  lvl 5  pay 50- 150  euros per pice and so on and stil they die in 109 zone.  Hope NCsoft Dev undestend  cant make adena in low zone to self - upgrade a toon with in-game income coz the DONT exist , Way i need to pay some  sacmmer or som1 who is farming  with bots in toi -4 or 5   to get  gear when u can add  gear in shoop  and `gear` i mean i DONT DIE IN ALLIGATOR ISLAND for  bleep sake  with 500 euros  investet .

@Juji@Arctic one more thing, consider the low rate of engagement of players here. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. DO YOUR JOB CORRECTLY.

advertise you want feedback, don't just post here and pray noone or someone will respond. Make a poll in Discord and mail it to everyone, log into the game to give gm buffs a couple of times per week as a gesture of good will and urge people to come here and post until you have the needed number of people giving feedback.

Engage with your clients, urge the people to participate, don't just sit with your hands in your pockets 

• Like 1

@Juji @Arctic

Just saw prices of the Night-Market event. Are you guys out of your mind? Everything is 2x - 10x more expensive than the current ingame market price.

Night Market Coin (x200) =  720 NCoin = 10 euros.

1x Artifact Fragment = 55 Night Market Coin

With 10 euros, you basically can buy 3x Artifact Fragments. There are Artifacts, which require 300 Artifact Fragments.

Going the cheap route, one needs 55 x 300 Artifact Fragments = 16.500 Night Market Coin = 59.400 Ncoin = 600 euros for 1x 100% Artifact. Now we need 5 of those to make at least the 11% Damage Artifact, which requires 3.000 euros.

This is also the type of example, which shows how nuts your marketing is going in order to let people get items.

I would not mind spending 1/3 or 1/2 of that price, but 3.000 euros. Boy this is a full salary in good European countries.

• Like 1

Nightmarket coin cash event as result of this topic? With these prices? Again slap to our faces!!! For 720 NCcoins we should take 500 or 1000 nightmarket coins. @Arctic @Juji

Its seem you not discuss with Korea what they sending us and for how prices.

Ruby lvl 5 14400 NCcoins, red cat  lvl 5 cca 30 000 Nccoins etc. With this prices the market and economy never be healthier. 

Shame

• Like 2

There are complaints already about the paywall for this "free to play" game. Let's look at the Night Market Coin event shall we?
For a 100% chance at making one of the new artifacts, you need 300 artifact fragments.

300 fragments x 55 night market coin (NMC) each= 16,500 NMC
16,500 NMC @ 720 NCoin per 200 NMC = 59,400 NCoin 
8000 NCoin at $100 (let's ignore tax for now) = $ 742.50  

$742.50 for one artifact.  Does anyone else think this has gotten way out of hand? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uriel831 said:

Nightmarket coin cash event as result of this topic? With these prices? Again slap to our faces!!! For 720 NCcoins we should take 500 or 1000 nightmarket coins. @Arctic @Juji

Its seem you not discuss with Korea what they sending us and for how prices.

Ruby lvl 5 14400 NCcoins, red cat  lvl 5 cca 30 000 Nccoins etc. With this prices the market and economy never be healthier. 

Shame

You asked for our feedback, and it was OVERWHELMINGLY  that the "PAYWALL IS TOO HIGH"  then your response to this is to come out with an event with a massive paywall? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU @Juji @Arctic . The monsters aren't the problem, your paywall and wanting $742.50 for 300 artifact fragments that you can ONLY get from events, so we can buy ONE item to help KILL MOBS is 100% the problem. 

Again, Korea isn't this expensive, Japan isn't this expensive, Core isn't this expensive. This isn't hard to figure out, and you all can't possibly be this dumb. Every other server has figured it out, and they all have a MUCH higher player base.. hummmm... wonder why? 

Insead of selling it to 50 people for 742$ why don't you try selling it to 500 people for 100$? We would buy multiple and gear multiple toons, get your head out of your collective butts please.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Most of us know they haven't given a rats ass about the sad shape of Chronos/Naia for years and we all knew what would happen when @Arcticcreated this pathetic topic/thread..... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! @Jujiis apparently asleep at the wheel and just sitting on his butt collecting his salary. Well guess what @Jujiyou won't HAVE a salary if you continue with this BS! You have gone to a new all-time low with this latest fiasco and shame with these New Market coins. You can stick 'em where the sun don't shine! NCwest has rocks in their heads!!!