Feedback Request: Hunting Zones

Arctic

If you have to ask, then yes obviously there's certainly a problem.

For an NA server with an overall lacking in "economy" if you will: players are lacking in most or few categories of gear necessary to boost their character potential to assert "spot dominance".

There should had been a reversal decision with the release of Infinite Odyssey (NO LEVEL LIMIT GIMMICK). Infinite level cap is just not necessary, people all have real life obligations and L2 was never meant to be capless endless grind. With that, we are also expected to also do it twice on a dual-class in order to unlock the much desired sub-skills.

It's not as though there were new item releases that warranted the mobs being boosted (HIGH ATTRIBUTE DEF/ATTACK). But it's not all out of the woods yet, there are ways which things could be mended. For example what's stopping you from allowing mobs/npc quests to obtain comparable items. Nothing. But instead the frequented avenue is the pay2win "get your power from the L2 store".

The attribute def/attack on the "free" items are lesser than their paralleled norms. 300 attribute attack on a weapon you might as well forget it, a kelbim/tauti with more attribute will dish out more damage, so perhaps increase the attribute on those boss weapons (kelbim/tauti) to lets say 550, and increase the attribute attack on the exalted to 450? For R110 Krishna weapons you should be allowed up to at least 550 as well there really needs to be some type of balance.

There's also the consideration that you would use consumables to further boost your stats like freya ice rose, light and dark pot etc... Players should be able to destroy aoe mobs with moderate gear that in no way would be comparable to aoe varka/ketra (or some other high exp spot like swamp of screams).

It's not our obligation as players to participate in the live version as though it were a test server.

You (NCSoft) would need to spend days obligating your research and testing different formulas to reach some type of conclusion that would balance and counter all the deficits.

Why not show us a chart of the before and after boosts including the metadata. You haven't because it's not your obligation to. As it's not ours to figure out how to formulate the game itself.

Lv.120 PvE Yul here with about 25 - 30k $ gear

I absolutely love how mobs do more dmg with this update, watching VoS mobs slaughter me in 5-6 hits was finally a push for me to invest in defensive gear.
After a first few  "cheap" defensive items I have run out of reasonable options. Guess what? It's not enough.

All the possible upgrades are dollar heavy, that I refuse to pay to get tankier. I took one step back to see things in a different perspective: 

• Do I really want to spend 1.5k $ on forgotten defense skills? 
  • How would I justify spending about a grand to swap my +7 blue artifacts to +10?
  • Tersi lvl.7 x 6  for 500 to 700$? 
  • God Jewels for a couple grand each? They seem fairly tanky. Glad I only need 5!

Time to wake up, these numbers are what a lot of  people would call a monthly salary!

How did we end up here? Is that really the price NCSoft wants us to pay in order to keep playing the game we have been playing for years and we have supported with our monthly subscriptions / destiny pack regular transactions and more?

Like many mentions here above my post, the problem is not the mob difficulty, they are designed to be balanced by devs based on the achievable gear in the game,  the problem is what you "charge us" for said gear. 

If you don't see my point @Arctic just take a quick look at the Night Market Coin sale that was announced earlier today. 
There's a whole thread for that,  I won't list the ridiculous deals it contains.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to share our gratitude for your many comments over the past week. We were able to collect and distill your feedback to be shared with the development team and are looking forward to seeing what we can do.

We definitely heard your concerns around access to equipment, and the difficulties you’ve faced in being forced to return to zones you had previously moved on from. We also captured feedback around the Summoner, the gap widening between mid and top-tier players, and some areas having been nerfed too hard on drops.

While these many areas of feedback are investigated, we wanted to share some short-term action the team has planned. In the near future, we hope to introduce changes to reduce Hunting Zone difficulty within the level 105 – level 110 growth range. In addition, we intend to make adjustments to monster difficulty in Neutral Zone to encourage more party play for that level range.

We’re looking forward to your feedback after these initial changes go live and thank you for your support.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How about making elcyum parts drop from mobs? You took away the fancy fishing rods that currently sell for 35-50 billion and its taking a week of 24/7 fishing on a master rod level 5 for ONE elcyum!  No  way to make fancy fishing rods, no fishing events, not enough people fishing to keep up demand of just making a limited weapon.... Everything in this game should be farmable with reasonable drop rates! Let's also talk about Crystal of Dawn, after 1 year of farming Crisis, i got ONE whole crystal of dawn! Not even the current event is there any way to get crystal of dawn! We need like 50 to upgrade a brooch to top.... It should not be that difficult to obtain these items.  This are basic items we need to upgrade gear but its like trying to hit the lottery! Crafting, spoiling all the fun things are gone! There is no content, no raids for even people who are 105+.. there is literally nothing fun to do other than afk grind and the occasional war... 

Also increasing the pickup range in PI... im finding scrolls far away and it didnt get picked up and i have to walk all the way over there as a feoh. 

Party retainment! Someone disconnects, at least keep them in party  for 15 min so they have chance to relog in and not be frozen out of the party if PL is afk. 

Better Party matching options and encouragement to party! Its empty most of the time!

There are many improvements needed for quality of life in this game. Some of these things were available but you took them all away.

Please Fix! Thanks.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 10:37 PM, Arctic said:

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to share our gratitude for your many comments over the past week. We were able to collect and distill your feedback to be shared with the development team and are looking forward to seeing what we can do.

We definitely heard your concerns around access to equipment, and the difficulties you’ve faced in being forced to return to zones you had previously moved on from. We also captured feedback around the Summoner, the gap widening between mid and top-tier players, and some areas having been nerfed too hard on drops.

While these many areas of feedback are investigated, we wanted to share some short-term action the team has planned. In the near future, we hope to introduce changes to reduce Hunting Zone difficulty within the level 105 – level 110 growth range. In addition, we intend to make adjustments to monster difficulty in Neutral Zone to encourage more party play for that level range.

We’re looking forward to your feedback after these initial changes go live and thank you for your support.

It is nice to see you guys actually reading and replying to things. But it is sad that you miss the basic thing that we players try to express.

Everybody in this thread has expressed that the difficulty of the hunting zones is due to lack of gear on the server and not due to the hunting zones itself. We can all read the patch notes and event information for every other region and we all want the NCWest NA servers to be closer to a 1:1 copy of what Korea is. The closer we get to that, the more people will return to NA servers.

With this, you're doing the exact opposite. You're going to tweak and adjust NA servers to become one step further away from the Korean version. And we have already so many tweaks to hour servers that make gear progression harder (like the removal of the Einhased Shop) that this will not help any one on the servers. Zones like Silent Valley are perma filled with people using multiply pcs to farm the little adena possible. Neutral Zone is nice, but same thing.

We need to close the gear gap between NA and Korea. Not have exp zones be made easier, because what is the point? You'll be level 114 and still killing mobs in Neutral Zone or Tanor Canyon because mobs in the zone where you should be at that level (e.g. Field of Silence, Whispers, Sel Mahum) will murder you because you didn't gain the gear (or adena to buy gear) to do so.

Also...

We need Naia to become a real GMT+1 server again. This ninja change of making Naia a GMT+0 server is really ruining the 18th Anniversary Orc Raid and makes it impossible for majority of players to participate in Dethrone.

some more insight to korean live servers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejBZ8Dgg33M

30:21 you can see around 1.5m pdef (also 1min before that you can see top shirt aug 15+3% with 0.01% chance no one will ever get on ncwest)

at 36. minute you can see how well that pdef "works", and now little secret info, in korea they dont have brooch BR, cloaks or god jewels (which totally combined and maxed give far more than +200% dmg).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, socketka said:

some more insight to korean live servers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejBZ8Dgg33M

30:21 you can see around 1.5m pdef (also 1min before that you can see top shirt aug 15+3% with 0.01% chance no one will ever get on ncwest)

at 36. minute you can see how well that pdef "works", and now little secret info, in korea they dont have brooch BR, cloaks or god jewels (which totally combined and maxed give far more than +200% dmg).

I was running yesterday 3m P.DEF no kidding during 2 hours. Seeing 20-30 people hitting me, stun, Shilen, etc. PS.: I am only 119 and a Tyrr on Naia 🤣🤭

No God Jewels.

About Shirt, my box made 15% & 3%, with 3 Augments. All about luck.

But indeed, in order to get decent gear, prices must decrease by 5-10x what they ask.

Juji said:100€ for Ruby 5... 

"Dude, put it at 25-50€", why align prices on ingame market price....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

many atk and defense items are overpriced, belts/shirt/circlets /jewels.... they should release something to have access to these items again, (Grendy treasure chest) made the price of these items drop a lot, so it would be nothing barely a new event with these items.

pls consider adding hunting zones dailies that nee more people and little more difficult to farm but at least from farming or raids more stuff use  more imagination create new stuff that you can farm all items and mats in a way you can get not just obtaining them from store or whatever you through an event and its over priced to get a item to help and no other way to find those items in the hole game i mean whatever mats or items or little thing need to craft make it in a easy or harder way more people to join bigger party's but obtain all that stuff in a normal way to develop over time not only with money its just scary  for the games future and how will players will remain and make new players join to . and this way you can make a bigger action house with massive mats and items unlimited and bigger hunting zones and maps new like a hole world with many maps and each continent and cities and villages have different grocery different prices different items mats and hunting zones and everything and a way you can get items mats that you could never get in game only with money and that's a problem at the end no one will have money and energy and faith to spend money in game make new staff and ways that gives you a natural way of obtaining all that stuff and mats and items that you pay to get only or events you give every now and then .

This game mainly needs new hunting zones. Exping in the Silent Valley, for example, is almost impossible. Especially if you are a melee fighter. You have the whole L2 world at your disposal and you want to put the whole server in one location while the other locations are empty. This is absurd. Cruma Tower is captured by PKs. Do something about it.

Xp for lv 124 zones is low and unbalanced when considering their difficulty

124 zones, Night time, the  npc dmg increase is disproportionate to player defenses

Imo other zones, with some exceptions, seem decently balanced

Since you are providing feedback to the devs, In addition please ask the devs to update othells to be more in line with almost every other class that has got updates. Please see all my posts in future updates.

In short, when comparing othell to evi, Feoh, yul, dk, tyrr that have equal gear, our skills and stats are completely out of date and not in any way balanced.

Cooldowns are excessive on othell skills, evi has perm steel mind now, and tyrr has perm guts def skills with massive dmg. Othell has to wait minutes for skill refresh.

Hide has been completely nerfed with all the items in game to remove hide, this skill is mostly pointless.

Ultimate evasion, skill cooldown is way too long, and with it only evading 50%, its pointless as with a rouge low hp/def you are almost always 1 shot

The amount of cheap dagger resistance items and collections make our dmg in pvp useless in many cases.

The skill crit cap of 80% further nefs our class.

When you compare othell to other classes which you have boosted with massive crit dmg, defense, attack dmg, massive ranged aoe dmg, this class right now is completely broken and needs updated.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:27 PM, Rotten said:

Since you are providing feedback to the devs, In addition please ask the devs to update othells to be more in line with almost every other class that has got updates. Please see all my posts in future updates.

In short, when comparing othell to evi, Feoh, yul, dk, tyrr that have equal gear, our skills and stats are completely out of date and not in any way balanced.

Cooldowns are excessive on othell skills, evi has perm steel mind now, and tyrr has perm guts def skills with massive dmg. Othell has to wait minutes for skill refresh.

Hide has been completely nerfed with all the items in game to remove hide, this skill is mostly pointless.

Ultimate evasion, skill cooldown is way too long, and with it only evading 50%, its pointless as with a rouge low hp/def you are almost always 1 shot

The amount of cheap dagger resistance items and collections make our dmg in pvp useless in many cases.

The skill crit cap of 80% further nefs our class.

When you compare othell to other classes which you have boosted with massive crit dmg, defense, attack dmg, massive ranged aoe dmg, this class right now is completely broken and needs updated.

Say no more, I just wanna back previous archer's skills. yy.. and make, please, instant ultimate evasion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm, let me see...

Summary: you need to sell cheaper Soul shot / spirit shot in the grocer to encourage new players and decrease the strength of monsters in Beleth and other areas below 105. Instances (level 100-105) can only be made by veterans geared.

I am a player f2p, set exalted, level 103 (dual class), it took me 1 day (19 hours) to get 10%~15% experience  in war-pains.

I've thought about investing money in the game, but it all seems very out of reality, $400 is useless comparing the cost benefit.

Beginners take an excessive time to kill the mobs, difficult, 1 in 1 (titan), peoples only invite to party feoh/yull cos aoe, while veterans kill with 1 hit, veterans take less than 1 day to create a character and advance to level 105.

I tried to play on a map 102 Beleth, however, the monster hits me 1 hit of 4k damage, I put a healer and an ISS to assist me, the MP of the healer ends in a short time and I need to get off the map.

Soul shot is very expensive to starters, the adena that a beginner makes, is less than the cost of the SS, while people of higher level, farm a river of money.

The server instances are not balanced:

in Baylor, a veteran 110 kills with few attacks, a beginner 105 does no damage and dies with 1 hit.

kamaloka, full party starter, fail.

Gludio dungeon, we didn't even go through the entrance.

IT, my main character 105, hit 23 damage, not always with you, but a few days of the week some veteran (very rare) offers to kill the 150 monsters to ensure a little xp.

Has very veteran gold seller in the game, they control the market, as long as people buy adena from veterans, everything will be expensive. 

The game is based on luck and craft, could put most items untradeable and is ok.

The rule does not apply to runes stones and giant codex.

Fix for all issues = everyone sell all your gear re-roll a DK with all your adena and +++ gear etc because if you go to any hunting zone you will see the DK made every other class obsolete. A tank class with high PDef with the killing efficiency of an OP nuker or tyrr. Stupid... I can take my well geared 115 tank to a group mob area in 2h stance and smack kill 1 mob at a time in 4-7 hits, or I can put that same gear on my 110 DK, go to same group mobs and 1 shot kill the whole group in one dps skill fart. what a game ruiner.

in my opinion you should stop all this p2w and improve the game bringing low level content itself to help newbies in the game. I started playing today and when I got 105 I have absolutely nothing to do in the game being a F2P, I searched the forum about where I should level with exalted teams and they are recommending me a level 102 area, what the heck am I going to do in an area 102 taking 4k damage from mobs? what a bad experience, I can't do anything in the game being level 105 and playing without spending thousands of dollars, the problem with the official lineage is that it's been there for many years and the person is at a very high level and there is no content for new players (believe me , there are still people who start playing official today in 2022 and also have a horrible experience ) make new content for newbies in the game, after 105 you have nothing to do but stay 2-3 months 24/7 afk in an area 102 to level 1, this is ridiculous. We are starting in a game that are only "legal" for players who are 110+ with a lot of dollars invested, and the worst thing is that these end-game guys always complain about p2w... impossible to start playing here and do for the minus a worthy pve. I just think about going back to a illegal server and having fun

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so does NC Soft actually read this? I'm legit curious.

NC Soft, you want to make money - I get that. 

Let me help you while helping the player base get the game that they want.

The voiced primary concerns that I've collected are as follows:
* Too expensive to keep up for F2P Players. 
* Monsters are dealing far too much damage. Even a geared out 110 Bow can't solo most places without being in a party or being carried by another player of greater gear status. Please consider this, NC Soft. 
* The power creep is wrong. I want to explore the world of Lineage ][ and enjoy soloing in one area for a week with different drops and then solo in another area or with a friend to get different drops. (Get creative!)
* The guides are outdated. The amount of inside-knowledge required to even purchase items that are correct for your class, build, or play style is just ridiculous. I will say that you guys are doing well with the new User Interface design - Great Work! Can we maybe find a way to incorporate that cool new crafting UI or Collections UI into the game and show a branch or tree of places that drop various types of items? That would be super cool and allow freedom of choice to the player - again, more reason for them to invest in a game they enjoy. 

So, money needs to be made - let's face it, big daddy Amazon wants it. 
Well, you're making more than your mark right now. Start a new marketing campaign targeted at older players and mention beautiful new systems to allow exploration and gear collection (Similar to the structure currently working in Black Desert Online).  This will get more people on board and if you did your job correctly (make no mistake), they will pay and that means money for you. 

So let's get down to business and now that these things have been said, let's discuss the primary points people are concerned with.
* Too expensive to keep up for F2P Players. 
Solution: Overhall the premium subscription fee to be more than just boosts - give the players something that gives them and edge over F2P for only $15 and grows over time. More experience the longer you stay subscribed, better drop rates, more adena, and higher chances at some sweet loot!. 

* Monsters are dealing far too much damage. Even a geared out 110 Bow can't solo most places without being in a party or being carried by another player of greater gear status.
Solution: Lower the damage across the world. Play-test it. Drink a lot of coffee and play test it. Allow players to choose the types of zones they want to level in based upon their current NEEDS. For example, I need Adena more than I care about XP because I want a new Augmentation and need those roles. Well, I should be able to get 25-50 roles per day by farming in an area that drops the materials required. Let me re-phrase, in multiple areas of my choosing.  Eh, I want a change of scenery and loot. I get that? Nice - oh and here's $100, could use some EXP while I'm in those areas getting the loot I need. Scenario 2 - well, here's $100 - I need to buy the materials that I need off of the Auction House at a steady chance for some seriously awesome weapon, but I'll choose to farm in a spot that grants me that super bonus exp. 

* The power creep is wrong. I want to explore the world of Lineage ][ and enjoy soloing in one area for a week with different drops and then solo in another area or with a friend to get different drops. (Get creative!)
This game has been with me since my earliest childhood and I've been playing on and off because the grind is just far too ridiculous. Let people have a chance man. Give them something and get a large influx of new players - use those new player numbers to start a marketing campaign! More players = more friends to be had and more friends to be had = more fun in an MMO Experience. Plus money in your pocket. 

* The guides are outdated.
- Update them. get that inside knowledge that the top players know about and make a beautiful web user-interface that animates, sparkles, and displays the areas you need to grind to get that type of gear or the type of item that you need (incentive for F2P and P2W). 
If you are interested in further ideas, feel free to message me.