Server Maintenance: Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Conguero

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 4am PDT / 6am CDT / 7am EDT / 1100 GMT and ending at approximately 7:30am PDT / 9:30am CDT / 10:30am EDT / 1430 GMT. Estimated downtime is 3 hours 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• We'll be applying XIGNCODE3 in a security update (previously mentioned in the August Preview). As this security solution is new to Lineage II it'll undergo a brief monitoring period before being fully enabled.
    • IMPORTANT: Upon logging into the client for the first time following maintenance, it may take at least 1 minute for XIGNCODE3 to complete the loading process.
    • UPDATE Aug 15, 10am PDT: XIGNCODE3 was not deployed during maintenance. Please see this reply for more info.
  • Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.

Other updates and reminders:

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Draecke said:

from what I read on their website it will also track keyboard & mouse macro's so if those are going to trigger red flags best let players know upfront what they can / can not do with regards to that ;)

they have explained long ago that using keyboard/mouse macro is illegal, anything outside the ingame macro is considered illegal that includes looping ingame macro with a keyboard

I wonder how long it will take for the company provides the bot software to break it. My bet is around 30 days  +-5.  Anyway we will probably see the real "clean" online number finally wich will be sad. First game ever to die due of Ligma.. alexa this is so sad, play despacito 6

5 hours ago, BornInHell said:

they have explained long ago that using keyboard/mouse macro is illegal, anything outside the ingame macro is considered illegal that includes looping ingame macro with a keyboard

Can i ask where they said that ? I remember that they said, keyboards/mouses are illegal if somehow they are able to detect lets say the % of CP of the players and then start using pots.But if u have a keyboard macro to spam pots its ok, no problem.

@Neutron, @Conguero, can we have a clear answer on this please ? Most of the L2 players are using razer keyboards right now, so plz gives us a clear answer on this. Ty

6 minutes ago, AllAroundMe said:

So..... no more nostromo aswell? no more click wars for dragons? no more running after hidden daggers in olympiad?

This.

Security tool will solve partly PVP scripts and cheats

For the rest - there are no bots for farming as there is nothing to farm with actual drops.

Don't hope that hunting spots will suddenly become free.

In game macros will be used as before.

Specially on idiotic quests where you have to kill 10.000 (x 5 or if lucky then x 4) green or even blue mobs.

56 minutes ago, Jinkariya said:

No more macros using keyboard and mouse pls plox let the real top players with high apms rule the server :D 

Always makes me chuckle when people who have a history of cheating and buying accounts talks about skill and such.

jinkariya is the ffirst char you leveled right?

9 minutes ago, Jinkariya said:

Anti-bot software application failed what happened conguero? didn't read the instructions carefully on how to install the new anti-bot properly? :D 

Didnt surprise me they failed that hard. I can expect anything by them 

20 minutes ago, Jinkariya said:

Anti-bot software application failed what happened conguero? didn't read the instructions carefully on how to install the new anti-bot properly? :D 

XIGNCODE is definitely not activated as there was no change to the client whatsoever. Perhaps an emergency maintenance later, or some client update later on.

• L2 Team

As several of you have noticed XIGNCODE3 wasn't deployed during maintenance this week. Wellbia, the maker of this security solution, was unable to conduct their launch performance testing due to a holiday in South Korea for which they were out of the office. While we had completed compatibility and QA testing on our end, for security updates to our live games we always want to have a final round of performance testing completed by the security software developer as well. Unfortunately there was a miscommunication on our end about the need for this test and their inability to do it due to a Korean holiday. We ultimately decided to hold the security update in order to ensure that Wellbia has the opportunity to conduct launch performance testing on their end, before we deploy XIGNCODE3 to the live game environment.

We want to get this security solution deployed as quickly as possible in order to begin the detection monitoring period. We'll provide you with an update once we've determined a new release date for XIGNCODE3 and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

10 hours ago, iTrinity said:

Can i ask where they said that ? I remember that they said, keyboards/mouses are illegal if somehow they are able to detect lets say the % of CP of the players and then start using pots.But if u have a keyboard macro to spam pots its ok, no problem.

@Neutron, @Conguero, can we have a clear answer on this please ? Most of the L2 players are using razer keyboards right now, so plz gives us a clear answer on this. Ty

I think they cover this here: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=217291

Archived