Item Restoration Policy

2 hours ago, chikfilasauce said:

Token restoration not per account anymore?  Per Common IP address? 

Can someone confirm?

Right now they seem to be linking my IP with someone in clan that that has never been near me or at my house.  Last time I used restoration was over a year ago and it was on a different item I'm requesting.

Seems that their back peddling from this policy to a flat no which is ok if it’s just stated as such.

@Juji, looking for some common since to prevail here.  I have not used a restoration token nor has anyone around me used my IP address to play L2 much less use a restoration token other than myself.  Not only am I being told which character used my IP address but they are utilizing the blanket clause of right of refusal.  

Please help.

Hi. I tried to request restoration for a +1 Dragon Earring, which was restorable.

NC team told me that I was already assited into another account and so they couldn't help.

RxZn3rR.png

That's really weird because the Policy says that each NC account has 3 tokens. This information is not on the Policy Terms https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035810271-Token-based-Restoration-Policy. Besides, they used to perform restorations without verifying 'linked accounts'.

• Each NCSOFT account is granted 3 Lineage II restoration tokens twice per calendar year (3 tokens on January 1st, and 3 tokens on July 1st). These tokens do not carry over. When you receive your new tokens, all unused tokens are removed from your account. Tokens can be used for any request falling into the below restoration categories.

I tried to argue with them but that was pointless. A few different GM's replied saying that they had reviewed the request and they would not help.

At the end they sent this and closed the ticket.

ytR7Kfl.png

1 hour ago, Aaroniero23 said:

Hi. I tried to request restoration for a +1 Dragon Earring, which was restorable.

NC team told me that I was already assited into another account and so they couldn't help.

RxZn3rR.png

That's really weird because the Policy says that each NC account has 3 tokens. This information is not on the Policy Terms https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035810271-Token-based-Restoration-Policy. Besides, they used to perform restorations without verifying 'linked accounts'.

I tried to argue with them but that was pointless. A few different GM's replied saying that they had reviewed the request and they would not help.

ytR7Kfl.png

u'r not 1st. they act like this for years. and we must believe that they are telling truth. MARK THOSE ITEMS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordDragnil said:

u'r not 1st. they act like this for years. and we must believe that they are telling truth. MARK THOSE ITEMS

Yeah, that's really bad for the player community. And the fact that we cannot trust on the staff, makes it even worse 😥

5 hours ago, Aaroniero23 said:

RxZn3rR.png

ytR7Kfl.png

I got the same thing bro and I was even told the item I had was restorable but I had been associated with an account that had already used the token on my IP...  Which for the life of me I have no idea how that happened.

• Like 1

If this policy is limited by IP address, not account, then yes, they should update the policy for everyone's information.

Of course, limiting it by IP address won't affect everyone. Changing IP Addresses is a key selling point of many VPN services.  So, yeah, only the poor people will be stymied, just like in every other aspect of their life. 😄

Yes @tuan004, the item was restored this morning.  However, it took two GMs, two Senior GMs and one with some common senses to explain the situation and a mistake had been made on their part when it comes to the review.  I'm not 100% sure why there was so much explanation needed to be made before the item was restored because I had done everything the restoration policy had asked for.

However, to confirm.  It is being done by IP.  So not only my account has a token taken but I can't use accessory token for my IP any more until July 2022.  Unless there is another policy change.

Thank you @Juji

11 hours ago, LuckyStrikz said:

Yes @tuan004, the item was restored this morning.  However, it took two GMs, two Senior GMs and one with some common senses to explain the situation and a mistake had been made on their part when it comes to the review.  I'm not 100% sure why there was so much explanation needed to be made before the item was restored because I had done everything the restoration policy had asked for.

However, to confirm.  It is being done by IP.  So not only my account has a token taken but I can't use accessory token for my IP any more until July 2022.  Unless there is another policy change.

Thank you @Juji

Thanks for the update. Glad that it was resolved for you.

I think what we're seeing here is NCSoft is finally getting tired of a policy that should never have existed. They really should give better enchant rates for everything. Roll it back to what it used to be. Then get rid of the restoration token policy altogether. If it's not specifically a glitch with the game itself, nothing should be restored or replaced.

ive said this for years:

every item should be restorable once every 3 months (any item, period, no exceptions), and the in game tool tip should show when that timer expires.  once the timer is gone, anyone should be able to restore it again.

each account should have 3-6 restores a year.

this would be the fairest way to do this policy when we are talking about items worth multiple 1000's in usd to make...

• Like 2

Same happened to me. Saved up all my adena for months to over pay for an un-restored clean dragon earring. I submitted a ticket for it to be looked at to make sure it was indeed restorable. The GM ignored my initial question completely and told me I'm associated with an account that has restored something, a clan member that came to visit me some months ago. Even though I have all my tokens on all of my characters, I now have to wait until July to try and enchant this earring before I get associated with some random again. 

Also, they let me know if I were to try and restore something in the future and someone else I'm "associated" with restores the same type of item, I will be denied any restorations in the future. UNfair, if I don't even know who I'm associated with and what they restored because its none of my business. Being someone that has only restored a few dyes my whole duration of playing this game, this is extremely unreasonable as there are few people who exploit who should deal with the consequences, not normal players. The policy should either be reverted to the old system, or there should be and option to claim what accounts are actually ours. 

• Like 1