Hotfix Maintenance: Monday, August 20, 2018

Conguero

• L2 Team

In order to pick up the security update—originally scheduled to be applied during weekly maintenance on August 15—ahead of the release of Etina's Fate next week, game servers will be down for hotfix maintenance beginning Monday, August 20, 2018 at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 1200 GMT and ending at approximately 6am PDT / 8am CDT / 9am EDT / 1300 GMT. Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

With this maintenance:

• We'll be applying XIGNCODE3 in a security update. As this security solution is new to Lineage II it'll undergo a brief monitoring period before being fully enabled.
    • IMPORTANT: Upon logging into the client for the first time following maintenance, it may take at least 1 minute for XIGNCODE3 to complete the loading process.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Conguero said:

hotfix maintenance beginning Monday, August 20, 2018 at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 1200 GMT and ending at approximately 6am PDT / 8am CDT / 9am EDT / 1300 GMT. Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance

So, since when August 20th is tomorrow?

On 8/16/2018 at 11:21 PM, Conguero said:

In order to pick up the security update—originally scheduled to be applied during weekly maintenance on August 15—ahead of the release of Etina's Fate next week, game servers will be down for hotfix maintenance beginning Monday, August 20, 2018 at 5am PDT / 7am CDT / 8am EDT / 1200 GMT and ending at approximately 6am PDT / 8am CDT / 9am EDT / 1300 GMT. Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

With this maintenance:

• We'll be applying XIGNCODE3 in a security update. As this security solution is new to Lineage II it'll undergo a brief monitoring period before being fully enabled.
    • IMPORTANT: Upon logging into the client for the first time following maintenance, it may take at least 1 minute for XIGNCODE3 to complete the loading process.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

From what I read so far XIGNCODE3 is keylogger/spy/trojan program, which scans memory and personal files on computer, then sends this information back to the servers. I have to let you know that this is illegal under GDPR law in EU and you should provide a way to opt out of this malware being installed as well as sending any information to your servers. Breaking this law might (and will) impose multi-million fines imposed by EU government.

Could you provide me with instructions on how to remove XIGNCODE3? Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Nevermind said:

From what I read so far XIGNCODE3 is keylogger/spy/trojan program, which scans memory and personal files on computer, then sends this information back to the servers. I have to let you know that this is illegal under GDPR law in EU and you should provide a way to opt out of this malware being installed as well as sending any information to your servers. Breaking this law might (and will) impose multi-million fines imposed by EU government.

Could you provide me with instructions on how to remove XIGNCODE3? Thanks in advance!

if you think it is not right, open a ticket.
If it does not resolve on your ticket, open a call on the official GDPR website about it and see what happens at your own risk.
good luck anyway
  that comes the last hour of the game.

2 hours ago, MiniPink said:

If what the guys say is true then i wont update l2 till further notice.

Seems like euwest isnt informed about the GDPR regulation is going on.

Do u remember that when NC West makes real life contests they only mail prizes to the US/Canada citizens(not asking about it though), clearly saying it in the rules. So it is assumed that NC West servers are for US/Canada only, and playing from other countries is our own risk. They assume that EU players must play at EU server.

Breaking this law might (and will) impose multi-million fines imposed by EU government

NC West is safe here since EU players has their own servers, and US servers are not for them(legally).

Even if thats the point if EU pleyers leave the NA server, ncwest will have huge problem and probably the game will die after a month. Anyway GDPR in EU is very serious privacy crime and the punishment is heavy. Its not easy to deal like the gambling one but 10000% worse for NCwest to mess with it.

6 hours ago, Nevermind said:

Here more info regarding xigncode3: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003182786-XIGNCODE3-FAQ, sad we dont have one on L2...not that hard to copy-paste.

However, im not clear what kind of data send and store xigncode3 from my IP...Its only logs?Its files too?etc.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:26 AM, Draecke said:

simple google research learned me 2 things about this new security system

1. it will be bypassed within 24hrs

2. most ppl that will use the bypass do it to get rid of the lag it apperantly causes on older pc's

enjoy!

Its true Draeke, I have a question for @Neutron If old pcs will be affected mby a new min req will be neccesary....I hope will not be necessary coz I will not buy a new pc just to play L2 on NcWest.

For Neutron&Conquero too...feels like you jump from a well in a lake with this so call "new" anticheat program:)...booters cracked xigncode3 years  ago, here some examples that might help you after a simple search on google:

https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/s4-league-hacks-bots-cheats-exploits/3785537-ice-crack-xigncode-full-bypass.html

https://guidedhacking.com/threads/how-to-bypass-xigncode-anticheat.10800/

4 hours ago, Chalfont said:

Do u remember that when NC West makes real life contests they only mail prizes to the US/Canada citizens(not asking about it though), clearly saying it in the rules. So it is assumed that NC West servers are for US/Canada only, and playing from other countries is our own risk. They assume that EU players must play at EU server.

NC West is safe here since EU players has their own servers, and US servers are not for them(legally).

1. There was NO EU servers when I started playing this game back in 2006.

2. There is NO EU servers now, they are russian servers. I won't play on russian servers for some pretty obvious reasons.

3. It does not matter what NC West thinks/claims - if any EU resident (you don't even have to be a citizen) plays game with this malware (XIGNCODE3) active - they already got themselves several million of fines, does not matter if they remove it or not.
4. The only way out - is to provide a way to opt out of this spyware + way to remove whatever they collected on request.

6 hours ago, Chalfont said:

i think usa also not allow this action, so no need to point out this. not only eu have this rukes. all country have this.

5 hours ago, Nevermind said:

1. There was NO EU servers when I started playing this game back in 2006.

2. There is NO EU servers now, they are russian servers. I won't play on russian servers for some pretty obvious reasons.

3. It does not matter what NC West thinks/claims - if any EU resident (you don't even have to be a citizen) plays game with this malware (XIGNCODE3) active - they already got themselves several million of fines, does not matter if they remove it or not.
4. The only way out - is to provide a way to opt out of this spyware + way to remove whatever they collected on request.

1. There was Teon server under NC West. Back then NC West was in both NA&Europe territory.

2. There is an EU server on EU territory, it's called Core. Server location is Luxembourg. Has nothing to do with the Russian servers, only the company.

3. For that you have to do a complain first.

4. You comply with collecting your data when you agree with their ToS.

2 minutes ago, HiccUps said:

@Neutron + @Conguero

Four days since your announcement and NEITHER OF YOU has had the courtesy to respond.....are you seriously going to yet again IGNORE your client base YET AGAIN?

FYI, these are not a rhetorical questions. Reading above + seeing very limited information + existence of a far east owner = obvious and logical questions from your NORTH AMERICAN MARKET. People log into their banks online - DO YOU TAKE PARTS OF THEIR SITE + IP + KEYSTROKES AND STORE ......OR NOT?????????????

To not answer this is exponentially worse than your continuing avoidance of the future of your game / balance / player gap - YOU ARE NOW VENTURING INTO THE MOST PRIVATE INFORMATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL / FAMILY - ALL FOR WHAT, THE BOTTING IN A GAME.

Maybe time to act responsibly for one time since your arrival to L2 - provide your customers with a DETAILED EXPLANATION !

I would like info as well i already updated the l2 folder but if this is true i will either have to delete the game or somehow remove that file

4 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

In Aion they didn't even bothered to make a Q&A page but at least there was a page: https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000266403-What-Is-XIGNCODE3-

On their official page it says is doing a lot of things: https://www.wellbia.com/home/en/pages/xigncode3/

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do as long as you click  agree with their  eula&tos every time you play the game.

Btw @Conguero, Its next monday 20 August :DIm really anxious to see Patch Notes :x

On 8/13/2018 at 9:54 PM, Conguero said:

We're compiling them while in the process of verifying the most recent game build sent to us by the dev team. The notes may not be completed for publish until next Monday, August 20. We want to get them out asap!

Archived