Hotfix Maintenance: Monday, August 20, 2018

Conguero

1 hour ago, KeepthePeace said:

Instituting hot fixes without any test servers, is a mistake Nc West has made mistake of for many years. Now this new protection program wont even be online and running until after the update, IF IF the update happens on time...  Funny how we all love a game whos creators and owners dont care about us at all... We have all lost many friends over the years to them leaving game, and im my past 13 years i have only had 2 that quit because they felt game was an unhealthy obsession. The rest leave because of a failed staff and support system.  They have the goose that laid the golden eggs, a game that could have exceeded WOW sales if only promoted in the States.... Ever seen some commercials for the game in  other countries, they make a person who never played an MMORPG want to play, yet not 1 commercial in the USA  anywhere. The only publicity this game gets in america is as a Poster on the guys wall, on  The Big Bang Theory....  even though game is goin on 15 years old if launched properly it could be introduced as a new game to the 99% who never heard of it.... 

Bahhhh im sorry enough ranting... 

Honestly this rant sould give motivation on these really bad managment of our beloved game.
I believe 99% of the active legit old players remaininghave the same thoughts.
 Thank you

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i shoould do betting for money   that  ncsof will fail give us patch notes  and i do believe  here will be no  patch   in time i can start betting  10 mill in adena :)

including  update  itself

Hi,

is it just me or everyone having trouble logging in after the small update today.

im at the select server screen

i click on nadia server

it bring me up to the character screen but the select screen screen is still showing with no characters on the background

it just stays like this.

i cancel and try to login but it says im logged in ?

repeat process above and same thing

anyone has a solution?

if u wait long enough it works and lets you get to character select screen then stuck again

many thanks

2 minutes ago, Alplax said:

cant log in, do you know why?, i have a player inside, and in the selection of servers the game dont respond, normal movement.

unfortunately this is NcSoft, dont fix whats broken and break what is working..... i apologize for the problems this may have caused in your enjoyment of game play, but we will have one of our "trained" GameMasters , who have never played Lineage 2 but are master of the game, fix or make this issue worse for you, at OUR earliest convenience. 

Regards,

Staff

i have the same problem i can login the account but when it appears the server screen it does not login inside then i close the app when i login again it says "account already is use" so i have tried to play this evening but always the same error, ncsoft when will fix this error?

This night, right after patch I was be able to logging in. But after, when I got disconnected, I was no be able to login more. I was trying about 20 times: 5 before reboot, more than 10 after. I have run one window, second window, and both of them wasn't be able to connect. It was looks like login server cannot respond to client. I was trying to connect also to Chronos. I got options: no any answer , just server selection screen, and "already in use".

You do not have a test server? Congratulations. I applaud you standing..

42 minutes ago, LordDragnil said:

This night, right after patch I was be able to logging in. But after, when I got disconnected, I was no be able to login more. I was trying about 20 times: 5 before reboot, more than 10 after. I have run one window, second window, and both of them wasn't be able to connect. It was looks like login server cannot respond to client. I was trying to connect also to Chronos. I got options: no any answer , just server selection screen, and "already in use".

You do not have a test server? Congratulations. I applaud you standing..

1 hour ago, LeinaDancer said:

i have the same problem i can login the account but when it appears the server screen it does not login inside then i close the app when i login again it says "account already is use" so i have tried to play this evening but always the same error, ncsoft when will fix this error?

1 hour ago, LeinaDancer said:

Now the login and game server is working :):)

So, if I suspect that we have a very toxic comunity here and ppl are againt you(NcSoftWest) by default...I doubt other game comunities are the same yet problems with this soft are the same. Please find atached some feedback from Black Desert:

@Conguero Here what Rivers said on SteamComunity, game black desert...

Rivers 20 Jun, 2017 @ 12:42pm 
People need to open their eyes... This is a rootkit, Your regedit entry mentions a file called xhunter1.sys being put in the Windows folder. After that, it enables a program to run on your system that doesn't stop cheaters, but can create conflicts with 3rd party programs for no reason. This "anti-cheat" basically creates a backdoor for any person who knows of its existence to enter your computer and have admin rights real quick. Also there are concerns that the program itself logs a lot of information and sends it somewhere. Some say its just an heartbeat. but you cant really know since their support is trash and doesn't care one bit about security issues. want my opinion? DITCH THIS GAME :steamsalty:
@Conguero Here what Leshrak said on SteamComunity, game black desert...
leshrak 22 Jul, 2017 @ 6:29am 
The biggest fundamental issue with this is that it scans EVERY. FILE. and then sends data about those files back to the developers. They say the information sent back can't be used to personally identify someone, but we don't know that for sure. For all I know, this will pull any and all sensitive information about my name, DOB, saved tax returns, installed programs, saved keycodes for those, maybe it's got a keylogger built in, and will steal my bank account password... it could punch a hole in my firewall and be used by someone that hacked their servers to run a botnet, steal my info, or worse. I'm supposed to trust some random Korean developers/company's word that they aren't doing this when clearly their software was designed to scan and pull as much info as possible from the host machine?
@Conguero Here what Black Desert devs say:
6. How do I fully remove XIGNCODE3 from my PC?
XIGNCODE3 is located inside the folder where the game was installed, only runs when the game is launched, and ends when the game is closed. (There are cases when the XIGNCODE3 tray icon may remain, but it is not actually running).

Nearly all files related to XIGNCODE3 are removed when uninstalling Black Desert Online. To remove XIGNCODE3 entirely from your system, users will need to complete the following steps after uninstalling Black Desert Online:
  • Locate the file Xhunter1.sys [To remove this file the game must not be running]
    • This file is located in this directory: C:\Windows\xhunter1.sys
  • Remove the Registry Entry [Use caution when adjusting registry settings]
    • The entry is located here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > ControlSet001 > Services > xhunter
  • Please note: manually removing files and attempting to launch the game will result in errors and the inability to play. A reinstallation of the game is required to resolve this.

The feedback on this anti cheat tool is bad, very bad....is bad every where I look...Xigncode3 cause game&privacy problems in every online game you look.
I think my, our, legit questions should be taken seriously...L2 its just a game, I have on my computer things that matter, things important like work(to pay you from time to time for ncoins) and sensitive info related on work, paswords, bank accounts,me naked:ph34r:,etc.

Simply put...it doesnt work with "trust me on my word"...we need more but I hope You change your heart and put another, a better anti hack tool. Why would you choose a soft with so much problems...ethical problems and also technical problems.

Ps1: I agree for a program to scan my "suspect" activity but I will never agree to send all my files to a 3rdparty vendor for "study" purpose and trust him on his words that only him will see my data...Not going to happent.
Ps2: I will not buy a new Pc to use it only to play L2....this is madness.

@Conguero here more...on Tera problems are even bigger...They didnt even announce comunity about xigncode :)) and most ppl bypass xingncode not to cheat but becouse the game become unplayeble.

here what Voidy said on their forum:

And to me the answer seems fairly obvious. If, for argument's sake, I were someone who were bypassing xigncode (I'm not, but let's just say I were. For argument's sake), I would still be upset about it because:
1. It forces me to choose between quitting the game or playing the game using third party tools if I don't want sketchy garbage (that doesn't even do its job) installed on my pc.
2. Despite massive community outcry against it and solid proof that it doesn't even work, EME went ahead with it anyway and didn't even communicate it until someone found out, and only communicated again on the issue to close a thread about it.
3. Already we're getting people who can't log in, or who crash constantly. My guild's been dead this afternoon, on a content release date. It's never been dead on a content release date. Even if, for argument's sake, I weren't affected by xigncode, I wouldn't want to play in a community that either left the game when presented with the options seen in #1, or who couldn't log in at all because they were running minecraft in the background or something. I certainly wouldn't want to dungeon with people who can't react because they're getting performance issues whenever xigncode decides to scan something on top of this poorly optimized bloated mmo. And I wouldn't want to waste time explaining the bypass method to dozens of people every time I log in, but I'd sure be tempted if it appeared to be affecting performance, which it has. For argument's sake, of course.

From a practical standpoint, the hypothetical bypasser has to deal with a community affected by EME/BHS's poor management of xigncode, which is itself complete trash. I'm already pissed because even though my PC is a beast and runs decently no matter what, I've already had runs where I've wasted tons of consumables waiting around while we wiped and wiped and wiped and then waited while people relogged and relogged and relogged because their games were performing like shite after every boss, and all after this update. If you want to say that's a coincidence, fine, but come on. In addition to the practical issue of not being able to enjoy team play when most of the team is having performance issues now, the communication was extremely poor, the software itself is proven trash across multiple games, and players had 45 pages to show why they were upset and didn't want this garbage before a mod predictably locked the thread. If the question is nagging at you so much, I suppose you could always peruse through it again?

@Conguero  @Neutron If you think yday was a hard day...oh boy, picture this: new chronicle with lots of unknown changes and xingcode new bad anticheat program allready hacked in minimul 3 ways.

If you dont care about our comunity then care for your self and suport our cause to your superiors and koreans devs. Change this program, put a real tool :ph34r:

Im sure you know allready that many players are on the edge of quit playing on NcWest and Im sure you know this will be the last nail in the coffin, last water drop and the glass is full :).

Archived