Hotfix Maintenance: Monday, August 20, 2018

Conguero

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Conguero said:

During this morning's deployment of XIGNCODE3 we encountered major issues that could result in game crashes. As a result we elected to roll back the game build and not release XIGNCODE3. Additional time will be needed to investigate these issues that we only discovered during deployment to a live game environment. We're tentatively planning to complete XIGNCODE3 deployment in two weeks during scheduled weekly maintenance on Wednesday, September 5.

We'll let you know via a maintenance notice when this release is officially planned. We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this morning's maintenance may have caused.

so what was the update we did today for?

5 hours ago, beleaua said:

Care on who do you call botters. Enlightening the people on what they have to deal with is now illegal and frowned upon? ...

Let me teach you about text interpretation:

Oh common... stop alarming other ppl my dear Boters :S 

Here, we have two references: botters and other ppl. Both are subjective references for not specified individual: you may be a botter or u may be other ppl, I don’t know what you are, but we know both kind of users exist, which is the motivation for an anti-cheat tool and the main topic of this post, right?

Anyway, I’m not affected by the law s of your country... Thus, I have only one answer for u:

If the cap fits, wear it!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkz1aWntJIWB6TFnnjNWT

6 hours ago, beleaua said:

1. There was Teon server under NC West. Back then NC West was in both NA&Europe territory.

2. There is an EU server on EU territory, it's called Core. Server location is Luxembourg. Has nothing to do with the Russian servers, only the company.

3. For that you have to do a complain first.

4. You comply with collecting your data when you agree with their ToS.

1. I know, I started on Teon. Technically it was US server with physical location in Europe. But still US server.

2. It is fully russian-controlled, I don't want to have anything to do with russians.

3. Actually - no. EU can conduct independent investigation, they don't need somebody to complain.

4. ToS cannot be an excuse if it contradicts the law. 

• L2 Team
2 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

1. I know, I started on Teon. Technically it was US server with physical location in Europe. But still US server.

2. It is fully russian-controlled, I don't want to have anything to do with russians.

3. Actually - no. EU can conduct independent investigation, they don't need somebody to complain.

4. ToS cannot be an excuse if it contradicts the law. 

Maybe before trying to scare players about what XIGNCODE3 is and how it's used, you could take a moment to look into it. We're not going to apply software that violates GDPR regulations.

1 minute ago, Conguero said:

Maybe before trying to scare players about what XIGNCODE3 is and how it's used, you could take a moment to look into it. We're not going to apply software that violates GDPR regulations.

Thanks for finally noticing these concerns.

Could you please provide detailed information on:
1. Which files are being scanned?
2. Which processes are being scanned?
3. Which data is being collected?
4. Which data is being sent?
5. How long do you store this data?
6. How can I request removal of this data?
7. How can I get detailed information about data which you collected about me?
X. Can I sandbox it in a way so that it will be able to access ONLY LineageII data files and processes?

Most people use their computers for some other activities, including some VERY private ones, banking for example. Most people don't want to have any other software, except one they specifically use for these activities to access this data. You failed to provide detailed technical information and from the information on XIGNCODE3 developer's site it is basically hard-to-remove keyloger/spy/trojan which sends a lot of data back to servers. Moreover, reading forums and discussions about other games which started to use it - the only thing which changes after they deployed this "anti-cheat" - slowdown and crashes for honest players, who don't use bots, while for bots it took less than couple of days to bypass this "anti-cheat".

We were living with GameGuard for ages (for me - at least starting 2006 - you can check my account) - it proved to be ineffective, despite being quite intrusive - different types of bots, radars, etc were used all over the place. But we already kinda agreed to live with it, especially that it became a bit more stable at some point. Now you are introducing out of blue some untested (from technical point of view) spyware without providing _ANY_ details on what exactly it does. As additional bonus - it is known to crash game and prevent other software from functioning correctly (and you admitted that you had those crashes and had to rollback).

I'm posting this not because I want to bash you or whatever, I'm posting this because of concerns of privacy, legality as well as user experience.

I would appreciate if you could answer my questions and address my concerns.

Thanks in advance!

While we wait officials

31 minutes ago, Nevermind said:

Thanks for finally noticing these concerns.

Could you please provide detailed information on:
1. Which files are being scanned?
2. Which processes are being scanned?
3. Which data is being collected?
4. Which data is being sent?
5. How long do you store this data?
6. How can I request removal of this data?
7. How can I get detailed information about data which you collected about me?
X. Can I sandbox it in a way so that it will be able to access ONLY LineageII data files and processes

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003182786-XIGNCODE3-FAQ

4 - Any data deemed necessary(including photos!) is being sent to South Korea.

5 -  on average 2-3 months(really shady answer!)

6 - We can't

Also, it is obvious that we can't tamper with xigncode, otherwise it is losing it's meaning as antibot.

I'm glad NC finally will get rid of memory hack cheaters!  Go get them NC, ban them all, script cheaters.  I hate them for 14 years, the hate is becoming less and less as the ratio of cheaters who use pvp scripts get banned, give up and leaves.  I don't give a shit about how empty the server is now, I just want every single last one of them DEAD, f DIES.

Pro macro users for PVE purposes are meant to be legal use with many non-automated issues that you have to constantly watch the screen - that is fine and should be encouraged.

What I'm talking about the the f anomalys you experienced in Oly or in the open pvp fields in which there are instances where it doesn't make any logical sense.  One example is a mage taking all HP and CP intacted, or low HP dmg on logs (1/5 of total CP+HP) yet you died, no other DMG in the logs, stacked 6 toon groups, somehow your healer gets targeted first and consistently, etc.  Those are obvious script cheaters and those need to be purged from the server once and for all.  These cheaters have no business play competitive pvp games.

With advancement in "General Purpose A.I." in which the software itself are being re-written by itself over and over, faster than any human can code and improve a bot-detection patterns and validation with proofs..... these new type of general artificial intelligence are welcome to forever learn and re-learn infinite ways to try to defend itself against hacks of infinite permutations and identify the cheaters.  I hope developers employ these new generations of A.I. to eradicate the cheaters.

not sure what you guys done on game but i have shot lag, and i'm not the only 1 who have it :D
Prepare for 100 player will cry here for shot lag and cant put item in wh as well :D i just start w chat about shot lag and at least 50 message folow me for same message :D

After todays update, the summoners Beast Soulshots are not working on auto. They work off and on. Mostly off.

Tried restarting client multiple times and still an issue. Is this a new issue with all server auto shots or just summoners? Can this be fixed ASAP.

Just now, Fiala said:

After todays update, the summoners Beast Soulshots are not working on auto. They work off and on. Mostly off.

The Beast Soulshots never worked in the first place. I personally made a ticket a while back and they told me: "You will just have to deactivate and reactivate the soulshots every time you summon a servitor". Whatever...

About today's bugs, I just tried to restart my character and got stuck in the loading screen... now I can't even login as well.

Just now, Digitalmonk said:

chronos server down , inside epic istances without soulshots ! yay ! 

btw i wonder how many players gonna be per server online now with new antibot system . before was like 2,5k average per server :)

http://l2.laby.fr/status/

something got updated today but apperantly not the anti bot system so something broke the hamster o0"

Archived