Forums

Hotfix Maintenance: Monday, August 20, 2018

Conguero

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Digitalmonk said:

yea as far as i wrote about XINGCODE3 when the game is running there's gonna be up in windows process like a icon or in task manager or something. Still nothing happens but game client seems too heavy.

During this morning's deployment of XIGNCODE3 we encountered major issues that could result in game crashes. As a result we elected to roll back the game build and not release XIGNCODE3. Additional time will be needed to investigate these issues that we only discovered during deployment to a live game environment. We're tentatively planning to complete XIGNCODE3 deployment in two weeks during scheduled weekly maintenance on Wednesday, September 5.

We'll let you know via a maintenance notice when this release is officially planned. We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this morning's maintenance may have caused.

4 minutes ago, Draecke said:

something got updated today but apperantly not the anti bot system so something broke the hamster o0"

yea , as far as i wrote about XINGCODE 3 there's gonna be a process in windows like an icon or something must be running in task manager. Still nothing at all but game client seems so heavily 

Just now, Digitalmonk said:

yea , as far as i wrote about XINGCODE 3 there's gonna be a process in windows like an icon or something must be running in task manager. Still nothing at all but game client seems so heavily 

yup, noticed it right away when I logged in.. cpu/ram & even gpu load seemed to be by a few % heavier which on a 8700K overclocked 16GB DDR4 RAM & GTX1080 TI shouldn't impact game play at all

Just now, Draecke said:

yup, noticed it right away when I logged in.. cpu/ram & even gpu load seemed to be by a few % heavier which on a 8700K overclocked 16GB DDR4 RAM & GTX1080 TI shouldn't impact game play at all

so ... the post about what apps do we use while running l2 client was like a innocent question about conspiracy of data mining ?!  this heavily lag reminds me only DDOS attacks  

1 hour ago, Nevermind said:

1. I know, I started on Teon. Technically it was US server with physical location in Europe. But still US server.

2. It is fully russian-controlled, I don't want to have anything to do with russians.

3. Actually - no. EU can conduct independent investigation, they don't need somebody to complain.

4. ToS cannot be an excuse if it contradicts the law. 

NC West had staff members in Europe, as L2 wasn't the only game they hosted for Europeans. How it makes it US server if the physical location was in Europe? In that case you can say your server is Korean as some of the senior staff members in NC West are Koreans and the HQ are in S.Korea.

They operate under EU laws, what it has anything to do with it? Plus so far the staff members there have been pretty forthcoming with anything. But it's your choice.

Yes, needs someone to complain. For example right now there are too many website  that made their experience for user being horrible, most of them not even complying with the GDPR as you can't choose what to accept but you get a full screen button to accept. Yet EU can't act on their own, too many things to search for, need complains.

Only in some countries, but yes, tos isn't above the law even if you're forced to agree with.

So in the end it's possible to restrict the game in some countries, so what? The game will still be running here, for north americans and south ones.

1 hour ago, GhostintheShell said:

I'm glad NC finally will get rid of memory hack cheaters!  Go get them NC, ban them all, script cheaters.  I hate them for 14 years, the hate is becoming less and less as the ratio of cheaters who use pvp scripts get banned, give up and leaves.  I don't give a shit about how empty the server is now, I just want every single last one of them DEAD, f DIES.

Memory hack cheaters? You must bee on the wrong game here.  Besides, if you think after 14 years they finally get rid of cheaters by some miracle...

Instituting hot fixes without any test servers, is a mistake Nc West has made mistake of for many years. Now this new protection program wont even be online and running until after the update, IF IF the update happens on time...  Funny how we all love a game whos creators and owners dont care about us at all... We have all lost many friends over the years to them leaving game, and im my past 13 years i have only had 2 that quit because they felt game was an unhealthy obsession. The rest leave because of a failed staff and support system.  They have the goose that laid the golden eggs, a game that could have exceeded WOW sales if only promoted in the States.... Ever seen some commercials for the game in  other countries, they make a person who never played an MMORPG want to play, yet not 1 commercial in the USA  anywhere. The only publicity this game gets in america is as a Poster on the guys wall, on  The Big Bang Theory....  even though game is goin on 15 years old if launched properly it could be introduced as a new game to the 99% who never heard of it.... 

Bahhhh im sorry enough ranting... 

3 minutes ago, KeepthePeace said:

Instituting hot fixes without any test servers, is a mistake Nc West has made mistake of for many years. Now this new protection program wont even be online and running until after the update, IF IF the update happens on time...  Funny how we all love a game whos creators and owners dont care about us at all... We have all lost many friends over the years to them leaving game, and im my past 13 years i have only had 2 that quit because they felt game was an unhealthy obsession. The rest leave because of a failed staff and support system.  They have the goose that laid the golden eggs, a game that could have exceeded WOW sales if only promoted in the States.... Ever seen some commercials for the game in  other countries, they make a person who never played an MMORPG want to play, yet not 1 commercial in the USA  anywhere. The only publicity this game gets in america is as a Poster on the guys wall, on  The Big Bang Theory....  even though game is goin on 15 years old if launched properly it could be introduced as a new game to the 99% who never heard of it.... 

1000000000000000000000000000000000000% AGree

15 minutes ago, KeepthePeace said:

Thank you for your rant.

40 minutes ago, KeepthePeace said:

Best response to NCsoft I've read in a VERY long time!!! Well said, KTP!

Archived