Haven't played 15 years, need a bit help :$

Collectress

Hello everyone! I am 98 level right now, and all I do is follow the quest line and auto farm the mobs. I made a spoiler but I think it doesn't work like it did in the past. Is there anywhere some kind of guide like what is the purpose of the game and in general what is going on because I am totally lost. I feel like I play in a custom farm server xD Any help would be really appreciated! I'm on Naia and my name is Collectress. Thanks in advance! 

The purpose of the game is simple. Kill mobs, make adena (not by killing mobs) so you can buy better gear and kill mobs faster

1 to 105 is easy, it shouldn't take more than 2 days of auto farming. The quest line ends at 105, take advantage of the free pots that are currently available and get there as fast as you can. While you have the 7 day vitality rune you should also 85-105 your chosen dual class.  After 105, there is no quest line and things get progressively harder as the game basically forces you to spend real money to progress. In the old days all you needed was a weapon and armor. Now there are multiple systems (artifacts, forgotten skills, brooch, shirt, circlet etc) all of which pretty much require real money to upgrade

oh and spoilers are now just daggers. Spoiling no longer functions like it used to, you can't really gather materials, sell them etc. You now (from Hellbound mobs and up) get augment stone crystals, which you can trade in for augment stones. That's it.

6 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Mete not true higher levels spoilers actually spoil other things past 111 mobs i think Varka/Ketra and higher you start to get more than just those augment crystals.

Do you have examples? I've never seen a spoiler spoil anything beyond stones before? If it's true Id switch... 

While you can play without investing a dime you won't have a good build to make interesting stuff. Many people won't party with you so you will need to make parties yourself. Some solo stuff like timed hunting zones and the solo instance in Aden will be really hard for you. If you have time you can play the market, buy and resell stuff... this will give you some adena instead of having you investing real life money on store items. Many games have gone this path... I'm ok with it, the problem is that in L2 the amount you have to invest for certain stuff is absurd. My advice is, just keep playing, get 105, try to do 105 level stuff like dailies, grinding, instanced zones, feel how your character behaves, the strength you have, what you can achieve, and start exploring your options to improve your character. 

14 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Mete not true higher levels spoilers actually spoil other things past 111 mobs i think Varka/Ketra and higher you start to get more than just those augment crystals.

I am not a spoiler, but have partied a spoiler. Have never seen anything except Augment Stone Crystals spoil from mobs up to fafu temple (before the recent upgrade to 124 mobs). If there has been a recent change, my bad

Hey dude, iam back after 15 yrs too. i played ultima l2 and extreme (pirate) before the fbi shut down the server and few months in official server. now a teaching my soon the basic of economy with game. 

i tried the classic, but the servers seens be dead :(((( now i trying the live. 

surprise! no ss to make money. 

wonderfull auto farm system.

can someone tell me the basic of economy with recipes and crafting in live server? if sucks i try aden on next. 

artisan up to 100x and next a spoiler. i like to litle boys. 

tks guys

ps: sry my poor english

You cannot make money from crafting anymore. The easiest way probably would be to buy ncoins with real money and then resell ncstore items for adena at the beginning and then start playing market - buying stuff for cheaper and selling for higher. 

If you don't want to spend any real money then then it will take you much more time. You could try to level up new chars and trade mentee coins for instance passes and then sell those for adena. You could participate with several chars in olympiad and after a month collect points that you can exchange for codexes and sell for adena. Also you can hope to get some loot from free event. Right now it's letter collection event. Either try your luck with opening the reward pouches or just sell letter E for adena. 

• 4 weeks later...

Also back after ~15 years or so and was looking for some guide(s) on all the new things, tried to go back through old update notes but got lost in those. Following the quest lines and getting to 105 ASAP makes sense...

But simple things like.. what is the path for weapons and armor after the R-grade items you are given on the quest progression? Or some insight to all the new systems and attributes, augmentations, etc?? So much more stuff here now..