Greater Rune Stones - let's talk

Helv

Hello NC West, I think you should consider adding Greater Rune Stones to some promo/event reward list, as they have become very scarce on the market and it's not possible for regular players to farm them (correct me if I am wrong, they only drop in TOI?). Of course adding them as a reward from Aden Chests or Venusta Reward box would be even better.

Gr Rune Stone is needed to learn a lvl110 skill. A single, nice, but not OP skill.

Before red libra the cost of 1 Gr Rune Stone was around 1bil (Naia) - expensive, but manageable for a lvl 110 player.

During red libra it went up to even 13 bil and now it's on average 8 bil. I keep waiting for the price to go down , it's been 2 months now, but it seems we'll get another red libra before the price manages to get down to 1bil.

While I know no one cares that I will never learn my 110 skill (wasn't planning to change my class on red libra, so didn't have time to prepare in advance), but I'm asking in general, do you think one nice skill for a 110 lvl should be THAT expensive to learn?

Ah, thanks for letting me know, so I guess I'm gonna need to forget about learning my skill for the next few years xD

It would be nice to have it, but I don't think it would boost my farm to an extent that it could bring some return on the investment.

Helv to be completely honest and I been here 18 years.  If your struggling to pay 8 billion for a greater rune do yourself a favor not get more aggravated and quit now because it only gets worse.  When you need 24 and 64 runes for higher level skills and that is just skills not necessary gear just to level.

To be honest in my opinion this Rune Stones system never be created. Skill need be free. Every Red Libra we get punched from this Runes XD. 

The best is sell this from NPC as a fair prices adena

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 6:45 PM, Slycutter said:

Helv to be completely honest and I been here 18 years.  If your struggling to pay 8 billion for a greater rune do yourself a favor not get more aggravated and quit now because it only gets worse.  When you need 24 and 64 runes for higher level skills and that is just skills not necessary gear just to level.

That's a very good advice, I definitely should, given there are also other things that I am struggling with (for example, clan war system abuse), but what keeps me here are people I like to interact/play with. Though many of my friends have quit recently, so I guess I'm going to follow their lead soon.

On 5/27/2022 at 7:45 PM, Slycutter said:

You are right, but there is enough room in the server fall all people, and the game is f2p and p2w , the bad part is that NC do not want f2p people on the server the way they manage the server, to bad, I think it is enough space on server for all people who just want to enjoy a game and the game should be made so all people  can play, but now it impossible for a f2p to actually play the game.

I would say impossible but very frustrating and not very enjoyable past 110.  I mean that happens in almost all f2p games there comes to a point if you want to advance you had to start investing something; not saying NCSoft balances correctly but it is an industry standard even on mobile games or console games comes a point where free only gets you so far because they have to pay to keep the servers open and content running somehow.

Like said NCsoft has not balance it correctly but its a standard for non subscription games.

On 5/28/2022 at 1:36 AM, Gofur said:

To be honest in my opinion this Rune Stones system never be created. Skill need be free. Every Red Libra we get punched from this Runes XD. 

The best is sell this from NPC as a fair prices adena

+1

Really good Idea for deflation. 

200kk - normal runes

8b - great runes

WHY NOT LESS? ( Not for 100kk, for example)

Cuz, If you pay for 64x normal less then for 1x great one, it's kinda weird. 

The original intention of the game was good, f2p/ p2w, the problem was that every update or $ sales should been tested to keep the game balanced, but that requires work from NC staff, alot of work and testing input and outputs, work that they don't do, clearly you see all the updates have a lot of errors like they don't even test at all, this shows that they do not put the work  needed  to balance the server and in time this is the result of lazy staff .

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you, dear NC Soft West ;) 

Due to the recent events/promos/updates many people have given up and quit and others have slowed down the pace in which they progress, so there is less and less demand for Greater Rune Stones. The price has already dropped to 4.5bil so it seems a few weeks more and I will be able to buy mine for 3 bil or even less and finally learn my skill! xD 

Note: In the future please read more carefully, I did not ask for a dead server, I asked for adding Gr Rune Stones to rewards list.

42 minutes ago, Helv said:

Just wanted to say thank you, dear NC Soft West ;) 

Due to the recent events/promos/updates many people have given up and quit and others have slowed down the pace in which they progress, so there is less and less demand for Greater Rune Stones. The price has already dropped to 4.5bil so it seems a few weeks more and I will be able to buy mine for 3 bil or even less and finally learn my skill! xD 

Note: In the future please read more carefully, I did not ask for a dead server, I asked for adding Gr Rune Stones to rewards list.

They would say thanks for noticing that we are killing servers but they cant admit that they are doing so ,

9 of my friend left in last few weeks I have left also ,

As my wife is away and I'm on vocations.. and saddest part new game which I'm waiting for is not launched yet.. so to kill time have to play this crap again.. :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently I was wrong, people who have the means to get Greater Rune Stones will not release more to the market so the price is now 15kkk on Naia lol. I guess the demand increased slightly with the XP event.

@Hermeswas that an intention from devs to make this item so rare/precious? I get the old price of 1kkk, 2-3kkk could also work as we've got high inflation overall, but 15???? I know it's supply and demand, but I think it's bad design. We already have forgotten skills which cost a fortune and are very exclusive, why make other skills like that too? It so happens that regular players like myself can't even scratch a mob in TOI where Gr Rune Stones can be farmed.

It would be nice to include a Greater Rune Stone in to a rewards list in some future events.

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI, Greater Rune Stone costs now 30 bil on Naia and there is only one available at Auction House. So learning one nice, but not OP skill at lvl 110  costs now the same amount adena as an R99 +12 Weapon ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️ 

It's nice that you have included Gr Rune Stones into Oriana's Event as rewards, but I think there should be more in-game means to obtain this item. Now we're at the point where a few people can afford to manipulate the price. (I don't blame them, I'm only trying to show NC West this is in my opinion bad design).

On 8/31/2022 at 8:10 PM, Helv said:

Just an FYI, Greater Rune Stone costs now 30 bil on Naia and there is only one available at Auction House. So learning one nice, but not OP skill at lvl 110  costs now the same amount adena as an R99 +12 Weapon ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️ 

It's nice that you have included Gr Rune Stones into Oriana's Event as rewards, but I think there should be more in-game means to obtain this item. Now we're at the point where a few people can afford to manipulate the price. (I don't blame them, I'm only trying to show NC West this is in my opinion bad design).

Hi , is this the account you use in the game @Helv ?

On 8/31/2022 at 8:10 PM, Helv said:

I sent you dragon treasure chest , according to nc it hase a grater rune, well good luck!

3 hours ago, Mitzza said:

I sent you dragon treasure chest , according to nc it hase a grater rune, well good luck!

Thank you, that's very sweet of you! 💖 The box had 3 Freya's Ice Roses and 5 Dragon Keys. I've never been lucky with gambling ;)

Please note, I am not posting here to make others feel pity for me 🤪 I simply know the GMs have no clue about this game, so I am trying to get their attention and explain that there are issues with access to Gr Rune Stones for regular players.

1 hour ago, Helv said:

Thank you, that's very sweet of you! 💖 The box had 3 Freya's Ice Roses and 5 Dragon Keys. I've never been lucky with gambling ;)

Please note, I am not posting here to make others feel pity for me 🤪 I simply know the GMs have no clue about this game, so I am trying to get their attention and explain that there are issues with access to Gr Rune Stones for regular players.

Yes I know, I just saw that no one cares about GR, GM or players, nc staff in generally ignore players topic , I just wanted to help, and you saw there are 2 options to get GR:

1. In game drops that is impossible for a lvl 110 player. 

2. The solution that NCSOFT gives is  to buy box 📦  , this is also 0% if you open a small nr. of boxes, because boxes  work exactly like Jeni’s event , unless you finish all the 1 🌟  itmes and 2 🌟⭐  itmes you will not get the 3  🌟🌟🌟, that meens you must open 50 000 boxes. 

@Wissp let us know when you get to lvl 110 what solution you will have for getting a Grater Rune, ty.

They could include GR in quests, exalted or other unic quests, with non-tradable GR or you can choose to get a GR or other item when you finish the quests, depending on what you need.

I think G.Runes and Runes. Need be sell at NPC. I see no Sense to have item a Lot expensive with no drops(near 0) in game to learn a skill. 

This need be free. To a player Fell happy when reach lv 110. Ohhh im 110 now and i have a good skill now!!! Niceee!!! 

Thats It. I know this never happen. But I Just want say Fxxx to the Guy who have the great Idea of GRunes and Runes. 

Dont forget If we change the class. Loose skills from Runes. Fuuuuuxxxxxxx xD