My Yul Archer Sucks, need help

Kale

Hi guys, i need help

i have 1 character: Yul Archer Sagittarius Human in Dualclass and another character ISS Hierophant Human.

Both of them are geared en Blessed Exalted Armor and Weapon, both with same jewells, same broochs, same longing talismans, etc.

They are almost the same set ups and gears.

Anyone knows why the ISS is so great and the Yul is so bad ?

examples:

- in Castilla Labyrinth for example, my ISS does the instance in 6 minutes aprox. / my Yul in 8 minutes aprox. 

-in Rim Kamloka my ISS hit B/A grade / my Yul hit horrible "D/C"

AND IN THIS WAY AND SUCCESSIVELY WITH EVERYTHING.

What could be happening with this Archer ? Any idea ? Tip ? suggestion ?

thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

First your playing the worst class for archer lets start there lol  2nd RIM gives bonuses to tanks healers and iss.  3rd exatled gear on a DD doesn't work and what weapon and armor is your iss using?  Duals and Heavy?

Hi Sly, i readed you many times and you really know about this , please help me to understand, maybe Sagittarious is the worst of Yuls but, i cannot be so so so bad! my ISS human hierophant is better than him, in everything, I must be making some kind of mistakes in the set up of my archer i think. Later i ll question you or anyone else who plays yuls, another of my doubts about it. But first, i ll answer you.

*About RIM KAMA, tomorrow i ll count how many mobs kill the ISS and how many the Yul. 

**Both of them use the same gear, blessed exalted armor LIGHT and blessed exalted weapon, and ISS use Dualswords yes

Do you think the problem here is Sagittariuous Class ?  if i change to Ghost Sentinel for example, i ll gonna to do Castilla Labyrinth 110 much better than the ISS ??

look, I have been worried about this situation for a long time. and i m trying to find the cause of this, if you or anyone else can help me, i ll really appreciate that

a last joke if you want, i have a Tank human Phoenix knight, i really really swear you, he does Castilla Labyrinth 110 to much TO MUCH better than the Yul, same for the RIM KAMA i am sure the tank kill to much mobs too... something fa$%in wrong is in my yul, the tank have blessed exalted blunt to, no way!

Ok first the Iss has BR and PoF while in Rim, you dont.  BR gives iss a patk increase.

Issue with archers is they need damage elevators to be better.  First thing at a bare min u need is at least r110 enchanted bow of at least +8 or higher i think i saw a few +12 ones for under 35 billion adena then u just need to at least enchant it and build it up from there.  Not knowing your level you need to work on dual class get it to at least 107 dual skills increase your damage a lot on your main class (that just costs time no money)  (I went 3 levels of patk 1 physical damage ~increase patk lower pdef, death +5% damage skills and attack attribute)

Also not knowing how you build your AP that might need to be reset  Mine was all in warrior till 110,  Line 1 4 might 4 element Line 2 3 craft focus line 3  craft death 2 mortal line 4   4 level of battle 2 fire 1 reduction level 5 2 binding attack and 2 divine attack and level 6 +10% damage

When xping you need use the right self buffs also I use dead eye stance (which turns into final stance at 110) and hawk eye to make out my burst / one hit damage is where the archer lives.  Ideally you want to build towards 1 hitting anything you attack.  I mean this is stuff to get you started in the right direction I have had to fix many people upgrading wrong so you have to start with the foundations first.  Everyone has slightly different builds but archers need to build for max skill damage/crit and lowest cooldowns as possible.

Hi guys, ty for your advices, more late i ll share with you other things of my yul, like abilities tree, gear, macros, dualclass skills, whatever useful to try to improve a little at least of the performance of my archer. Thanks for your help for in advance.

i share with you one thing i just did a few minutes ago

i made Castilla Labyrinth lv.110 with my Tank, my ISS and the Yul, they are lv.110 with Exalted Weapons, the same set ups for the weapons, same armors exalted, rose and dragon pots, same buffs, coctails. Practically the same set ups, gears, weapons, all. Full blessed exalteds from PANDARIS events. All of them are humans too

the results was:

> ISS HIEROPHANT (-Without POM-) : 5 minutes

> TANK PHOENIX (-Without POM-) : 6 minutes

> YUL SAGI ( WITH POM ) : 5.40 minutes 

i don´t know, if i were used POM with the tank and iss they were hit better results indeed

later i will share another things, maybe dekadekameka is right, Yuls are the most nerfeds

23 hours ago, Kale said:

Hi guys, i need help

i have 1 character: Yul Archer Sagittarius Human in Dualclass and another character ISS Hierophant Human.

Both of them are geared en Blessed Exalted Armor and Weapon, both with same jewells, same broochs, same longing talismans, etc.

They are almost the same set ups and gears.

Anyone knows why the ISS is so great and the Yul is so bad ?

examples:

- in Castilla Labyrinth for example, my ISS does the instance in 6 minutes aprox. / my Yul in 8 minutes aprox. 

-in Rim Kamloka my ISS hit B/A grade / my Yul hit horrible "D/C"

AND IN THIS WAY AND SUCCESSIVELY WITH EVERYTHING.

What could be happening with this Archer ? Any idea ? Tip ? suggestion ?

thanks in advance.

First, Archer need full DEX for more skill crit rate.

You need to boost  pskill crit rate, pskill crit dmg, pskill power, damage, and patk wherever u can.

Rings with skill crit dmg

Artifact with skillc rit rate, and damage

All item with +++ DEX

iss who give u POM 

enchant skill for focus. break if no focus

and change claas to ghost sentinel.

I'm afraid yuls have been nerfed a lot and the most recent L2 update was the last nail in the coffin for the low geared yuls.

I was struggling with my yul after the last upgrade to a point when I almost quit. I decided to switch to a tyrr during the reb libra to give L2 one last try. I also changed my bow to slasher and to my surprise, with exactly the same gear, the same level and the same supporting iss my tyrr easily deals with instances/locations where yul failed. (I still struggle a lot, as I have low tier gear, but at least I am able to so some stuff)

I am not sure if you would feel the same kind of improvement with exalted weapon, but I know for sure yuls are not a class for poor people nowadays.

First of all, thanks guys, i really needed your points of view.

Maybe in a few time i ll change the class of my human if i can t resolve this.  Anyway, i ll share with you some images of the set up of my archer, to see if i'm doing something terrible bad, or is simple like some of you says, a brutal nerfed of the exalteds yuls. 

Let see if i m doing something terrible bad here, take a look please.

My STATS WITHOUT BUFF !

01-Stats.jpg

.......... AND MY GEAR, YEAh, i know, there are somethings better  =P

only says me if i m doing something terrible terrible teeeee-rible bad, or is only the nerfs on exalted yuls.

04-Gear.jpg

05-Armor-Weapon.jpg

Finally guys, i ll share with you, something that i believed for a long long time was my problem with the archer, THE MACROS !

Yeap, i like to play L2 in PVE for OBVIOUSLY REASONS, guys, i need to know if i m doing bullshits in the macros, if the macros are fines and the rest of all are fine too, then i need to live with this, or change class. I hear you... o read you

06-Macros.jpg

And really thanks for all of you, i ll see you ingame, wherever place NC let me play of course

3 hours ago, iAndouille said:

man change ur dyes, u need DEX, u dont crit anything with low DEX.

Ando yes he needs dex but going full dex wont help that toon with exalted gear honestly.  Also you only need to get to 107 to get close to max crit rates but I digress he has a lot of things he needs to work on before he starts buying tats ones he has are free from the exalted quest.

Because upgrade is always the bow for the archer, exalted one is ok but not going to carry you far in this game.  Besides a bow is getting a level 3 artifact book and filling it even with level 1 artifacts to trigger its passive that is a huge boost which is +6% damage -7% damage received and +1 to all stats, nevermind anything he gets from the artifacts int he book.

Ok guys, ty for everithing, i will follow all things that you said me. The most important i understood was:

==================================================

-r110 enchanted bow of at least +8    

-enchant skill for focus. break if no focus 

-change ur dyes, u need DEX 

-level 3 artifact book and filling it 
even with level 1 artifacts

-dual class get it to at least 107 dual skills    
(I went 3 levels of patk 1 physical damage 
~increase patk lower pdef, death +5% 
damage skills and attack attribute)

-cambiar abilities de att atack a physical crit rate/dmg    

-change claas to ghost sentinel.

-build for max skill damage/crit and lowest cooldowns as possible.

-Archer need full DEX for more skill crit rate.

-You need to boost  
pskill crit rate, 
pskill crit dmg, 
pskill power, 
damage, 
and patk wherever u can.

Rings with skill crit dmg
Artifact with skillc rit rate, and damage
All item with +++ DEX
iss who give u POM 

==================================================

I ll do my best to try to follow all of your advices ! Thanks again, see you ingame ;) 

You do not need full dex; the tats you will want give you same amount and Dex and cha so that was an old mechanic.    The goal for your dex ultimately should be 107 past that only matters for top end - end game toons because most will not see a significant difference between 107 and higher unless fully geared out.

Right now you probably have the exalted dyes you want these 3 dyes:

1.  Level 5 Legendary P Skill Power Dye

2. Level 5 Legendary P Slill Crit Damage Dye

3. Level 5 Legendary P Atk Dye                                                                   Combine these 3 dyes will give you +15 STR +15 Dex and +12 CHA and some nice additional passives.

Level 16 Venir Talisman gives you +2 to all stats also

+5 Dragon Rind Leather Shirt gives +6 to all stats

Greater Kaliel bracelet or better gives +1 to all stats

Top Grade brooch gives +2 to all stats

Exalted quests give +1 to each level of exalted to max at 115 to +7 to all stats.

So many items increase all your stats not just dex.

4 hours ago, Slycutter said:

You do not need full dex; the tats you will want give you same amount and Dex and cha so that was an old mechanic.    The goal for your dex ultimately should be 107 past that only matters for top end - end game toons because most will not see a significant difference between 107 and higher unless fully geared out.

Right now you probably have the exalted dyes you want these 3 dyes:

1.  Level 5 Legendary P Skill Power Dye

2. Level 5 Legendary P Slill Crit Damage Dye

3. Level 5 Legendary P Atk Dye                                                                   Combine these 3 dyes will give you +15 STR +15 Dex and +12 CHA and some nice additional passives.

Level 16 Venir Talisman gives you +2 to all stats also

+5 Dragon Rind Leather Shirt gives +6 to all stats

Greater Kaliel bracelet or better gives +1 to all stats

Top Grade brooch gives +2 to all stats

Exalted quests give +1 to each level of exalted to max at 115 to +7 to all stats.

So many items increase all your stats not just dex.

Excellent explanation Sly, i ll gonna to copy all in a notepad in my computer and i ll gonna to follow them trought the time.

But first is the first, my Yul Saggi is 110 in the Dualclass and in the main class is Tyrr 105, i ll gonna to level up the main until 110 for the advanced dualclass skills and in the first Red libra appear, i ll gonna change the tyrr for ghost sentinel and i ll continue playing this toon in the main with the ghost sentinel class like some of you said me the best yul is. 

in the meantime, i ll gonna to earn thing by thing some of the gear you said me upstair. 

Again, thanks so much Sly, you are my mentor here !  😃