NCWest XP Requirements

Draecke

24 minutes ago, CoffeeTime said:

Yet it always worked like:

Mob 100 EXP + 100 EXP Exalted = 200 EXP + 200 EXP (100% Rune) = 400 EXP per mob

Now: Mob 100 EXP + 100 EXP (100% Exalted) + 100 EXP (100% Rune) = 300 EXP per mob

So atleast now after all these weeks and days wondering we know where the 5b per mob went into thin air. We used to get 17b per mob. They now give 12b per mob on same location. It basically means they have changed the Boost formula and put Exalted at the back of it instead of base start as it was before. No it's not a rumor. It was always like this months ago, since we tested it back in those days aswell.

Grrr.

I get exactly the same XP since I had the 100% passive, being it combined with vit or rune.You're mistaken.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CoffeeTime said:

Yet it always worked like:

Mob 100 EXP + 100 EXP Exalted = 200 EXP + 200 EXP (100% Rune) = 400 EXP per mob

Now: Mob 100 EXP + 100 EXP (100% Exalted) + 100 EXP (100% Rune) = 300 EXP per mob

So atleast now after all these weeks and days wondering we know where the 5b per mob went into thin air. We used to get 17b per mob. They now give 12b per mob on same location. It basically means they have changed the Boost formula and put Exalted at the back of it instead of base start as it was before. No it's not a rumor. It was always like this months ago, since we tested it back in those days aswell.

Grrr.

If you want fast confirmation of this just make a post on Innova forum as DIL usually answers within 24hrs

3 hours ago, mixa said:

I get exactly the same XP since I had the 100% passive, being it combined with vit or rune.You're mistaken.

problem is that you like to troll to much to be seen as a relaible source of information, unlike CoffeeTime and some of the others who have complained about this and that's incl. ppl I know well who play this game for 4+ hrs a day on many different types of chars who all said the same..

this should get investigated properly as if true it means things are even worse messed up then I initially posted about with us not having a real XP boost at start of update nor a decent subscription system and apperantly a hidden XP nerf on top.. :(

1 hour ago, Draecke said:

problem is that you like to troll to much to be seen as a relaible source of information, unlike CoffeeTime and some of the others who have complained about this and that's incl. ppl I know well who play this game for 4+ hrs a day on many different types of chars who all said the same..

this should get investigated properly as if true it means things are even worse messed up then I initially posted about with us not having a real XP boost at start of update nor a decent subscription system and apperantly a hidden XP nerf on top.. :(

Even the most stupid person can distinguish when someone is trolling :)

Actually, I play the 2 version (Ncwest and Innova), I dont see any nerf.

Ncwest had event of xp a few months ago with red libra, and we all know the update was really close but ppl say nothing.

Innova say we have exp event after update, and was glorious, but in end was a 2 week event, now you get exactly same exp in both servers.

• L2 Team
On 8/25/2018 at 5:52 PM, Truffle said:

We discovered the actual nerf thats happened with the update which is pretty under handed. Exalted 100% passive is only 100% bonus XP now, whereas before it was applying to base. Pretty shady from NCsoft, to cut XP in half virtually for anyone who's completed Exalted. All boosts are now 50% as effective as they were. 

We just tested this on pre-update and post-update versions of the game, as well as below and above Lv. 105, to make sure there isn't a discrepancy or compatibility issue with the current update. Here is what we found in one sample:

Name:

Atelia Passionate Soldier

ID:

Char Lv

Before Update

After Update

Base XP

+Exalted (100%)

+Full Vitality (200%)

+100% EXP Rune

-

+Erupting Vitality (100%)

We see no difference with the stacking bonuses in how they impact the final result; however, we're continuing to keep a close eye on EXP rates.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:47 AM, Draecke said:

thank you Conguero for the advise that we shouldn't bother informing NCWest with the flaws in their Business Model as you obviously know better then your 14+ year long term customers on what works well afterall :)

On 8/24/2018 at 9:48 PM, Pleistoros said:

Regarding, Conquero answer...well, he proved not only that he dont know the game but also hes lack of economic and customer support skils.
As a GM you cant give an answer like this...a MMORPG game is not something transactional( from sales perspective talking), beside money you put a lot of time in this game to archive some quest or character status stage, we are talking months and years and you cant simply start in other place.
If you encounter a not so happy customer who provide solid evidence of his problem...you cant say to him F%%% off and go play in other place moron(he "called" me moron few months back)...this is first lesson in communication skills....thats why I thank him for advice and I hope he understud that I was ironic.
Who knows, mby @Neutron or @Hime have something to say...hope die last.

@Draecke, @Pleistoros, for what it's worth, it's incredibly difficult to have a meaningful dialog if you continue to argue cases based on things I clearly did NOT say. You so dramatically misrepresent what I've said by replacing my words and meaning with your own that we're not going to get anywhere. It doesn't lead me to assume you're otherwise going to offer very reasonable feedback.

@Conguero I didnt advice my self to make a decision, I didnt go with discution in that direction...I just ask you why should a player, my self included, play on NcWest due to harsh conditions when we have a better alternative and now my feedback is not reasonable :).
I just want everybody to know that, you can investigate this and you can let us know that Im wrong...Im open minded, Im not argue just to argue. But you never said im wrong...so, how is it? I would really like a constructive dialog with you or any NcWest employ...Btw, what happent with those feedback forms from last year? Any chance to see a conclusion? Coz I think we are going opposite to general feedback now...

In the end @Conguero isnt your job to keep players to do not go in the red zone?

32 minutes ago, ImNotLikeOthers said:

All they can do is ban… ;)

I was wondering why this forum has become so dead recently, now I know since I got banned for 'trolling' while I only expressed my option. Anther ban incoming in... 5...4....3....2....

The forum has become dead because all you can find here is people whining, and spreading negative energy.. The community manager has replied to you more than twice that there is no change in XP rates but you continue blabbering here with the same "conspiracy" theories to no avail..

After this great event, with a lot of free items and a huge increase in XP, you just come here to whine and spread misinformation... You disrespected the rules so there is no reason to wonder why you got banned... Every self respecting admin would do the same and i agree 100% with that..

We all know that L2 has become a very expensive game but you should understand that this is a "take it or leave it" situation.. You are free to go play elsewhere, go live your life the way you want it, but in any case by whining for everything you win nothing.. You just discourage other players and NC from having some constructive dialogues in this forum..

5 hours ago, m0da said:

The forum has become dead because all you can find here is people whining, and spreading negative energy.. The community manager has replied to you more than twice that there is no change in XP rates but you continue blabbering here with the same "conspiracy" theories to no avail..

After this great event, with a lot of free items and a huge increase in XP, you just come here to whine and spread misinformation... You disrespected the rules so there is no reason to wonder why you got banned... Every self respecting admin would do the same and i agree 100% with that..

We all know that L2 has become a very expensive game but you should understand that this is a "take it or leave it" situation.. You are free to go play elsewhere, go live your life the way you want it, but in any case by whining for everything you win nothing.. You just discourage other players and NC from having some constructive dialogues in this forum..

The forum become "dead" because gm"s&support team&NcWest L2 Staff dont do their jobs not because of "whining and negative energy"of players...
Do you really think ppl enjoy complaining here on forum? Why they dont do something about it?
Do you think we prefer this instead of having a nice chat about the game it self?
Do you think we dont want to discuss about new quests&stuff instead of that? We do...but we get from them only silence :).
Whats wrong if we want equal rights aka exp table same with overseas teritories? I think this should not even be in discution...I wonder how a person, an employ of NcWest decided that we deserve less. Its a mistery for me.

Here a news for you: majority of players base are playing this game since the begining...L2 and NcWest whatever they want or not are part of their live.
And for the statement before, beside friends in game&lvl&items, we have an ownership feeling...we rage on forum coz we care. The moment you will not see ppl protesting for bad decision is the moment when this beautiful game died.

Lets be constructive...ask support about a quest or an item or something related to game and they will send you to speak on forum with fellow players...none will tell you a thing and you end up on l2wiki...a non reliable 3rd source as Neutron said(in fact official l2 database of Innova).
This is totally inaceptable in my eyes :).

Mby now you have a new and diferent perspective of whats going on here on NcWest....

@Conguero thanks for looking into the exalted part and I will take your word for it & let that go, my other points still stand thou ;)

@m0da ignorance is bliss, when you compare NC Korea, Taiwan, Japan & Innova EU / RU then you will see quite some differences and just like the rest of us will begin to wonder why we have some of those differences..  a very simple example is that we have gotten precisely the same event as Innova except for the lil fact that they also got 2x server XP settings for 2 weeks which when stacked by their Subscription system is quite an amazing XP boost just for free.. something we never got, why ?

If you paid attention to my posts around this update you will see I actually asked for a few simple things incl. this 2 weeks 2x XP boost see below quote.

In addition, the following server settings are enabled until September 26, 2018:

• No XP Loss Upon Death
  • Free Teleports
  • Augmentation Removal Fee = 0 Adena
  • +100% Exp and SP server setting

Now the simple fact remains that yes it is much cheaper to play elsewhere and one can XP much easier & faster at that same location so it would be prudent for NCWest to addopt & go with the flow - this can be done in many different ways but it all has to start with accepting the fact something needs to change first.

my suggestion is to add an unique XP rune to the Prestige pack as a start and either more discount on l2store prices or just lower prices in general on a few high demand items

feel free to add some suggestions of your own which may help stop players from leaving NCWest for the above reasons

to be very clear I play here since Closed Beta so obviously I really rather do not want to leave playing here so if NCWest can give us a reason to stay & remain play here I would really appreciate that.

27 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

The forum become "dead" because gm"s&support team&NcWest L2 Staff dont do their jobs not because of "whining and negative energy"of players...
Do you really think ppl enjoy complaining here on forum? Why they dont do something about it?
Do you think we prefer this instead of having a nice chat about the game it self?
Do you think we dont want to discuss about new quests&stuff instead of that? We do...but we get from them only silence :).
Whats wrong if we want equal rights aka exp table same with overseas teritories? I think this should not even be in discution...I wonder how a person, an employ of NcWest decided that we deserve less. Its a mistery for me.

But the community manager responded 3 times in this thread and the third one was even supported with specific XP numbers.. This is clearly not a case of silence, right? The fact that you can't or you don't want to believe him or the other players that stated the same, it's clearly not a case of them being silent about it..

So running to the conclusion that we don't have equal rights with other territories is not so valid, at least in this case.. And in any case, community managers have stated that it is a different business model in each territory so comparisons cannot be easily made...  It seems that you want to argue here just for the sake of it..

28 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

Here a news for you: majority of players base are playing this game since the begining...L2 and NcWest whatever they want or not are part of their live.
And for the statement before, beside friends in game&lvl&items, we have an ownership feeling...

Lets be constructive...ask support about a quest or an item or something related to game and they will send you to speak on forum with fellow players...none will tell you a thing and you end up on l2wiki...a non reliable 3rd source as Neutron said(in fact official l2 database of Innova).
This is totally inaceptable in my eyes :).

Mby now you have a new and diferent perspective of whats going on here on NcWest....

I can understand that and won't argue about it, although i have a slightly different opinion about L2 Support..

I have nothing personal against you of course.. ;) 

40 minutes ago, Draecke said:

@Conguero thanks for looking into the exalted part and I will take your word for it & let that go, my other points still stand thou ;)

@m0da ignorance is bliss, when you compare NC Korea, Taiwan, Japan & Innova EU / RU then you will see quite some differences and just like the rest of us will begin to wonder why we have some of those differences..  a very simple example is that we have gotten precisely the same event as Innova except for the lil fact that they also got 2x server XP settings for 2 weeks which when stacked by their Subscription system is quite an amazing XP boost just for free.. something we never got, why ?

If you paid attention to my posts around this update you will see I actually asked for a few simple things incl. this 2 weeks 2x XP boost see below quote.

In addition, the following server settings are enabled until September 26, 2018:

• No XP Loss Upon Death
  • Free Teleports
  • Augmentation Removal Fee = 0 Adena
  • +100% Exp and SP server setting

Now the simple fact remains that yes it is much cheaper to play elsewhere and one can XP much easier & faster at that same location so it would be prudent for NCWest to addopt & go with the flow - this can be done in many different ways but it all has to start with accepting the fact something needs to change first.

my suggestion is to add an unique XP rune to the Prestige pack as a start and either more discount on l2store prices or just lower prices in general on a few high demand items

feel free to add some suggestions of your own which may help stop players from leaving NCWest for the above reasons

to be very clear I play here since Closed Beta so obviously I really rather do not want to leave playing here so if NCWest can give us a reason to stay & remain play here I would really appreciate that.

I totally agree with what you say here, and i would really like to see more free events as well as lower prices.. I have also criticized the very high prices for items on the L2 Store, in the past..

However, my comment was solely referring to the alleged nerfing of XP after the update and the way that some people (not all of course) spread misinformation by mistake or on purpose, although things have been repeatedly answered.. This is something i don't like and obviously creates negative instead of positive effects to all the community..

2 hours ago, m0da said:

You think you know it all lol. I have not complained about the xp at all, I have not even noticed the 'issue' reported here - in fact, i couldn't care less about xp as with my gear I am not in a hurry to level up - no point, just get one shot by a single mob. I did not complain about anything in this topic. I did not disrespect any rules. I simply commented on a player's response.

41 minutes ago, ImNotLikeOthers said:

You think you know it all lol. I have not complained about the xp at all, I have not even noticed the 'issue' reported here - in fact, i couldn't care less about xp as with my gear I am not in a hurry to level up - no point, just get one shot by a single mob. I did not complain about anything in this topic. I did not disrespect any rules. I simply commented on a player's response.

Personally i know nothing lol.. But if what you say above is true, and your first comment ever was:

3 hours ago, ImNotLikeOthers said:

All they can do is ban… ;)

I was wondering why this forum has become so dead recently, now I know since I got banned for 'trolling' while I only expressed my option. Anther ban incoming in... 5...4....3....2....

then yes sir you fulfill all the requirements of being a troll.. ;)

17 hours ago, Conguero said:

We just tested this on pre-update and post-update versions of the game, as well as below and above Lv. 105, to make sure there isn't a discrepancy or compatibility issue with the current update. Here is what we found in one sample:

Name:

ID:

Char Lv

Before Update

After Update

Base XP

+Exalted (100%)

+Full Vitality (200%)

+100% EXP Rune

-

We see no difference with the stacking bonuses in how they impact the final result; however, we're continuing to keep a close eye on EXP rates.

@Conguero for me it looks like we miss around 10% of base XP. I have compared some old recordings including XP gain with current XP gain. Can you please do your tests with buffs that give around 5-15%? Buffs like Favor of Exalted, Clan XP Buff, XP from APs, Mentee Buff?

I can say for sure that it has nothing to do with all that high Level buffs like 100% Exalted or Vit as the difference is on base XP and it is around 10% less. Because everyone seems to have this issue I would expect to find the issue in the 10% Exalted buff.

I have set 10% in ability points but don't know if it work or not.

To test it cost 500 mil SP so i didn't try to change it. Btw is 50 bil of SP intended limit maximum as i don't get any SP by hunting?

On relog game write in chat and also when you hover mouse on vitality line show vitality+10%, chat 200 +10%.

I guess those 10% is from ability points or from noble circlet witch have also 10% bonus.

Same it change if you use vital stone lvl 3 witch is 12% so it show 200+ 22%.

So it must work as a bonus on vitality and not a bost on xp gain specially if you don't have vitality.

I have exalted bonus 30% pasive but this one don't show and don't write in chat

On 8/27/2018 at 4:19 PM, Conguero said:

Name:

ID:

Char Lv

Before Update

After Update

Base XP

+Exalted (100%)

+Full Vitality (200%)

+100% EXP Rune

-

@Draecke, @Pleistoros, for what it's worth, it's incredibly difficult to have a meaningful dialog if you continue to argue cases based on things I clearly did NOT say. You so dramatically misrepresent what I've said by replacing my words and meaning with your own that we're not going to get anywhere. It doesn't lead me to assume you're otherwise going to offer very reasonable feedback.

@Conguero.. Test 105 Raid Bosses, Kamaloka 99 and Elven for example.

22 hours ago, m0da said:

However, my comment was solely referring to the alleged nerfing of XP after the update and the way that some people (not all of course) spread misinformation by mistake or on purpose, although things have been repeatedly answered.. This is something i don't like and obviously creates negative instead of positive effects to all the community..

How do you know it's not true unless you check the facts yourself? Even support have been wrong plenty of times before. From what I gathered so far, both sides could have been wrong. There might have been a bug allowing some of you getting more xp, probably something that came with a past event, and now it is corrected. Support cannot test that anymore because they can't roll back the update for real players, they can only do tests on some QA server which do not replicate the real server. There have been plenty of bugs over the years which only affected some players and not all. They might know only if they keep track of players xp gain per mob which I doubt because the logs would have to be immense.

6 hours ago, Truffle said:

@Conguero.. Test 105 Raid Bosses, Kamaloka 99 and Elven for example.

But how can he test that when the update is already implemented? Unless he has some test server at his disposal and the ability to roll back and forth the updates and events, as it's quite unlikely. In the end a test server is nothing like a real server, quite different bugs happened in the past between a pts and a real server. You can't test all bugs on a pts, bugs that have been washed away on the real server and no way to know anymore.

Archived