Jump to content
Forums

Awakening Buff Changes


Recommended Posts

Whats the motivation on this?

Now if I use pipe organ for example, that increases HP/CP/MP/Vr it does not only remove Bless the Body, Vampiric Rage, etc it also removes all other crap together. P.def, M.def, P.atk, Atk. Speed and so on!

It made whole sense to remove relative buffs, but now this? Its all tought and worked on to screw player experience always in this f* company?

Are we really obliged to only use awekened buffs? Really? Another freaking overall nerf? Tell me how was mixed old/new buffs B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G game play again PLEASE.

Edited by Conguero
Shortened thread title
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daikon said:

Whats the motivation on this?

Now if I use pipe organ for example, that increases HP/CP/MP/Vr it does not only remove Bless the Body, Vampiric Rage, etc it also removes all other crap together. P.def, M.def, P.atk, Atk. Speed and so on!

It made whole sense to remove relative buffs, but now this? Its all tought and worked on to screw player experience always in this f* company?

Are we really obliged to only use awekened buffs? Really? Another freaking overall nerf? Tell me how was mixed old/new buffs B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G game play again PLEASE.

That was known it's coming and frankly these double standards on buffs are very stupid things, those skills skills have never been made stackable with any iss buffs and now exactly this was fixed. Same goes for PoWind.

Don't expect any changes in that regard, it's intentional and there are more nerfs. Take it as - it was nice until it lasted :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mixa said:

That was known it's coming and frankly these double standards on buffs are very stupid things, those skills skills have never been made stackable with any iss buffs and now exactly this was fixed. Same goes for PoWind.

Don't expect any changes in that regard, it's intentional and there are more nerfs. Take it as - it was nice until it lasted :)

Stupid things? They did same with class on awakening, made it blend with only 8 classes. And what happened next? Re diversification. 36 classes back with, little yeah, different characteristics.

Nowthey make it blend with buffs. Making buffs that give one effect set remove buffs that give totally different effect. Now everyone will walk around with same buff set. Only way to do more damage is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ your way through the store.

Taking away the fun of the possibility of beeing able to do things differently.

Edited by Daikon
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daikon said:

Buff wise, theres not much. 

And theres a long way to 101, 103 to start seeing different buffs.

OMG, I can't believe it!, put in your work and stop complaining!, I don't like these changes either but come on!.

I basically solo'ed to 102 with the old XP tables with pure grind (no macros at all) so wtf... We have known for very long that the old buffs were going to be eliminated, so this is a clear case of "I told you so". 

Xp tables were reduced dramatically for those levels, it was already easy to get 101 and now it's even easier...  It used to be 144 T XP for those levels, now it's 77 T to get them, so basically half of what I had to do multiple times for my toons both in main and dual class.

There are multiple differences in classes, I could tell you what they are for both ISS and Feoh of which I have played both to 105 and now will play to 110 but I want, if you can't appreciate those differences is because you're not paying enough attention to details. 

Edited by Oeste
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oeste said:

OMG, I can't believe it!, put in your work and stop complaining!, I don't like these changes either but come on!.

I basically solo'ed to 102 with the old XP tables with pure grind (no macros at all) so wtf... We have known for very long that the old buffs were going to be eliminated, so this is a clear case of "I told you so". 

Xp tables were reduced dramatically for those levels, it was already easy to get 101 and now it's even easier...  It used to be 144 T XP for those levels, now it's 77 T to get them, so basically half of what I had to do multiple times for my toons both in main and dual class.

There are multiple differences in classes, I could tell you what they are for both ISS and Feoh of which I have played both to 105 and now will play to 110 but I want, if you can't appreciate those differences is because you're not paying enough attention to details. 

Day 2 of xp reduction and you come say its easy. And if you're already going to 110 then yeah, with the amount of good gear you have its always easy. Classes differences are not my point in this topic.

And I do pay a bleeping lot attention to the details, so much I was the only one who noticed the bow/xbow critical damage modifier nerf back on Lindvior update. I bet you didnt even know theres something as a critical damage modifier based on waepon type. All you see on your stats is not all that is. The same way weapon have a critical rate modifier showing on their status, theres a critical damage one. One I already asked to be added to weapons descriptiton in the past. Shield def rate and shield p.def are another ones that do not show.

Now back to the topic, theres no reason for this change other to end the fun with the game possibilities.  I dont even know at this point why to have 27 buff slots. Why not make one single buff that gives all effects then? Why rebuff sonatas every 5 minutes? Just go on with the idea of combining more and more buffs and make one to rule them all, and delete all others. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I was expecting this to happen, it was very unfair to me as healer, not being able to use pom because i erased it long time ago when i started to play, and see healer having that buff and getting advantage other the others.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cloto said:

Actually I was expecting this to happen, it was very unfair to me as healer, not being able to use pom because i erased it long time ago when i started to play, and see healer having that buff and getting advantage other the others.

 

Its not your fault the buffs sucks these days.

Most lost their Prophecy in awakening. Most were not even Shillen Elder. The ones you see today are new toons that were remake with keeping in mind to keep PoW or subclasses changed to Shillen Elder before becoming dual class.

You could do this too. It lasted 6 years. And should not end btw, game is now even worse. You lost the possibility of reroll. Fun eh?

Edited by Daikon
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daikon said:

Its not your fault the buffs sucks these days.

Most lost their Prophecy in awakening. Most were not even Shillen Elder. The ones you see today are new toons that were remake with keeping in mind to keep PoW or subclasses changed to Shillen Elder before becoming dual class.

You could do this too. It lasted 6 years. And should not end btw, game is now even worse. You lost the possibility of reroll. Fun eh?

Yea and that justifies to use buffs you aint supposed to have?Circumventing the Iss buffs by removing/not buffing some of the melodies.Get real, the Iss melodies are perfectly enough for everything.Get used to it, it won't get back to what it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ask again, are we obliged to use all the same buffs? Wheres the EULA/lore rule that you shal not, ever, combine awekened and not awakened buffs?

And again, if so, just remove the whole buff concept and let everyone have same stats! So fun!!! ^^

Edited by Conguero
Removed profanity
Link to post
Share on other sites

These old buffs are part of an old era, which is non-existent for quite sometime now. It's not about choice here, it's about obsolescence. These old buffs got obsolete and like it or not, you'll have to use Iss buffs, just like three majority of the players do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/8/2018 at 3:54 PM, Daikon said:

And I do pay a bleeping lot attention to the details, so much I was the only one who noticed....

You say you pay a lot of attention to detail and yet you missed to notice these buffs we're going away?; This is something the vast majority of people who do pay attention have known for months now. First time I heard about this was like 6 months ago!. Come on!, this was a long time coming!, it's part of the evolution of the game (for better or worst), it won't be rolled back!. NCWest can't dictate this, it comes straight from the mothership, they don't have a say on it!.

TBH being an ISS is boring as heck, so yeah kill all buff skills and give everyone a single auto-buff that gives all u need or even better incorporate a growth system where u win passives that replace buffs as you work your way up, then kill the ISS class altogether and  introduce at least 2 new classes to replace ISS, maybe Gunslinger, (I know this class or something like it is in the works in Korea for male Ertheia's), and something else. Then give all current ISS owners a change to swap to any class for free respecting skill enchant levels and provide a one time gear trading service, sigh... this won't happen either.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, mixa said:

These old buffs are part of an old era, which is non-existent for quite sometime now. It's not about choice here, it's about obsolescence. These old buffs got obsolete and like it or not, you'll have to use Iss buffs, just like three majority of the players do.

old era? wtf are you saying? everything before awakenign still there, only thing removed is skill enchanting for -3rd skills.
Ignoring your bs reasons to aproove this(as everything you do in this forums, always sticking with e-v-e-r-y crap NC does) from now on.

Edited by Daikon
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Daikon said:

old era? wtf are you saying? everything before awakenign still there, only thing removed is skill enchanting for -3rd skills.
Ignoring your bs reasons to aproove this(as everything you do in this forums, always sticking with e-v-e-r-y crap NC does) from now on.

Oh snap >>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, some really dumb replies...

They should take the skills out of game, instead leaving one option.. all self buffs..  and do no damage.. they give newbie buffs, does it not work with those for low levels? 

They made a mistake, they wont own upto it... all the classes i play has useless skills never to be used now cluttering skill tab just to fill content... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Daikon said:

old era? wtf are you saying? everything before awakenign still there, only thing removed is skill enchanting for -3rd skills.
Ignoring your bs reasons to aproove this(as everything you do in this forums, always sticking with e-v-e-r-y crap NC does) from now on.

still there but it's just a short tutorial of the game. nobody is playing it anymore. took me 15-20 minutes to go from 0 to 85 through balthus knight tutorial on eu. as you see, devs are trying to phase out that part of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beleaua said:

still there but it's just a short tutorial of the game. nobody is playing it anymore. took me 15-20 minutes to go from 0 to 85 through balthus knight tutorial on eu. as you see, devs are trying to phase out that part of the game.

tutorial of the game? tell me again how's 85- is something like 85+ ! specially with worse(but convinient) buffs haha

If dev's were tryign to do this they would have done it already. i got all my toons with all their skils working like a charm.. so they are pretty much real deal. if you're too lazy to reroll some characters, thats on you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Daikon said:

tutorial of the game? tell me again how's 85- is something like 85+ ! specially with worse(but convinient) buffs haha

If dev's were tryign to do this they would have done it already. i got all my toons with all their skils working like a charm.. so they are pretty much real deal. if you're too lazy to reroll some characters, thats on you.

The tutorial alone to get to 85 has nothing to do with the game content from 1 to 85, at all. You get no buffs, aside from some dragon weapon buff when you fight Antharas, because you get a dragon weapon to fight it. There you meet Herphah and other npc's that you interact with, npc's that you can find them later in the game after 85, giving you quests. The new tutorial makes a lot of sense when you relate it with new 85 quests and proves that they intend to get rid of the old 1-85 step by step. Even ertheia not having sub was the first step in that direction after GoD. So how is your ertheia sub skills working like a charm in this case? Only in NA I see lots of people leveling 1 to 85 and do stuff. On EU I can spend even an hour trying to find someone to kill a rb if i want to manually level from 1 to 85 and many times spots are empty, aside from some days when bots decide to come back. There you can fish from lvl 1 all the way to 85, you can take balthus night for short awakening, you can use fortune pockets just like here... 1-85 is completely dead... as intended by the devs. You trying to cling on it, that's on you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, beleaua said:

1-85 is completely dead... as intended by the devs. You trying to cling on it, that's on you.

There are dumb exalted quests like shoot 10k x 4 green or blue mobs and also to find and level up 3 new players in game witch don't have new players.

So you are forced by L2 developers to create new account and level 3 mentees  to get 45000 mentees mark on your own.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been changed in the Crofin update, which we will probably get bundled together with Fafurion. In Korea you now can choose whether you want to hand in 45,000 Mentee Marks or be a Party Leader 15 times:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/수룡의+그림자%2C+크로핀+퀘스트

The Mentoring System itself has been greatly nerfed; beleaua once calculated that as of Crofin you get only 1/10 of the Mentee Marks we get now for a Mentee reaching lvl 85.

So yes, lvl 1~85 is being killed off step by step. The final step, so-to-speak the killing blow, might come on Wednesday, when the energy from changes in the earth's crust is starting to affect the World of Aden:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/

Stay tuned :)

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again for the heads up! Coming soon, 29th August

Quote

지각변동의 기운이
아덴월드에 퍼지기 시작한다!

Could this be an event? Could it be about Fafurion update. I lost track since the other website is down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been wondering about this as well. This is now pure speculation on my side, but it would be the first time that NCKorea put out a teaser for a promotion, while for example hints about Fafurion were given in a preparatory event two and a half weeks before the patch went live on Monday, July 30:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/events/2018/180711_fafurion/intro

So maybe this is an announcement for a similar "lore event", which in turn works as a teaser for a major update, maybe with a new island that has on it male Ertheias, possibly the gunslinger class Oeste mentioned above. Your guess is as good as mine :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awakeked buffs were designed to be weaker than their older counter parts. If you really wanted you can still make them work. But it is far less convenient to do so now.

Edited by Jackl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...