Chronos Server Connectivity Issues 8/27! - Resolved

EMpulse

On 8/28/2022 at 6:12 PM, ZooArcher said:

@Hermes 

funny how they cant remember whats on the hot bar..

I could press the keys with a blind fold.

Maybe you only play one toon. Sounds pretty boring.

Some of us play 24 or more classes. Your memory is that great? I, personally, have screen shots for my 1st 5 bars on each of my toons. It's the other 6-20 bars I have no backup screenshots for. It's not that big of a deal for me though. I'll eventually repopulate the less used bars in due time. Some of us are simply venting our frustration & the inconvenience that NCsoft/NCwest isn't responsible for. 🧐

On 8/28/2022 at 6:02 PM, Kosmetas said:

It is fun to read about peeps freaking out over silly stuff in a game 22 years old.

I'm not understanding what the age of the game has to do with our current frustrations. Now if you had a little empathy, you'd understand it took some of us months or even years to set up the perfect hotbars. 

The unreasonable comments over the server crashing are a little too much though IMHO. After all, it's software running on mechanical hardware. It's not going to run smoothly or perfectly 100% of the time. There will be setbacks like these. 

Lesson is learned. I'll take screen shots of all of my hotbars as a backup from now on. 

On 8/29/2022 at 3:24 PM, FoolyCooly said:

I'm not understanding what the age of the game has to do with our current frustrations. Now if you had a little empathy, you'd understand it took some of us months or even years to set up the perfect hotbars. 

The unreasonable comments over the server crashing are a little too much though IMHO. After all, it's software running on mechanical hardware. It's not going to run smoothly or perfectly 100% of the time. There will be setbacks like these. 

Lesson is learned. I'll take screen shots of all of my hotbars as a backup from now on. 

Let's say it took me years to make my hotbar and I used it everyday, I would be back up and running in a few minutes.  My many alts would be back up as I used them.  Like some have said the muscle memory you should have from playing the game will help you thru these tuogh times.  The horror would've been losing all the macros to all those toons. Still since you created them and use your toons skills daily, no biggie get thew ones needed back with little errors. So, yes this is not a crisis for most and those impeded by this database issue will survive once they spend more time play the game than post about how hard the gamer's life is. Black Saturday is in the past, no need for compensations or hugs, GAME ON!

Somone post it  in general  about `way ` and its deeper  then delete skill/macro and  losing  xp and Hearo shit   but they deleted  his  post  and we  will be sure do not know the truth. Thats way is silents they dont know the damage yet. 

The people who are telling everyone to calm down, I think the point youre missing here is this isnt some other MMO, we aren't paying 25$ a month subscription, or we don't pay for DLC like NORMAL MMO's. EVERY single thing we do in this game costs money, and not just money but OBSCENE amounts of money. So when people pay $10,000 a year to play a game, there are some expectations that come with that price tag like:

Communication (it's terrible)

Frequent updates (LMFAO riiiight)  

Skills in the game to work (What is it going on now? 5 years and PVP skills don't work?)

Classes to be relatively balanced (BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA) 

The Server to be up and working properly 

ALL classes viable (Looking at the Summoner class and Necromancer, 7+ years and STILL both are Pathetic)

So yeah, when those are most peoples expectations for paying 10k a year, and not only does NCSoft west Fail at ALL of them, the boink the server and now your hot bars are gone, yeah.. I can see why people are testy. Its deserved.... matter of a fact its overdue and Im SURE a good portion of the aggravation right now has less to do with hotbars and MUCH more to do with a deaf publisher that is running the game into the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/30/2022 at 6:46 PM, Kosmetas said:

Let's say it took me years to make my hotbar and I used it everyday, I would be back up and running in a few minutes.  My many alts would be back up as I used them.  Like some have said the muscle memory you should have from playing the game will help you thru these tuogh times.  The horror would've been losing all the macros to all those toons. Still since you created them and use your toons skills daily, no biggie get thew ones needed back with little errors. So, yes this is not a crisis for most and those impeded by this database issue will survive once they spend more time play the game than post about how hard the gamer's life is. Black Saturday is in the past, no need for compensations or hugs, GAME ON!

I don't play all of my 24 classes or 480 hotbars daily 🤭 You should really consider that sometimes you don't have a clue of what you're talking about.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:04 AM, Kysannia said:

The people who are telling everyone to calm down, I think the point youre missing here is this isnt some other MMO, we aren't paying 25$ a month subscription, or we don't pay for DLC like NORMAL MMO's. EVERY single thing we do in this game costs money, and not just money but OBSCENE amounts of money. So when people pay $10,000 a year to play a game, there are some expectations that come with that price tag like:

Communication (it's terrible)

Frequent updates (LMFAO riiiight)  

Skills in the game to work (What is it going on now? 5 years and PVP skills don't work?)

Classes to be relatively balanced (BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA) 

The Server to be up and working properly 

ALL classes viable (Looking at the Summoner class and Necromancer, 7+ years and STILL both are Pathetic)

So yeah, when those are most peoples expectations for paying 10k a year, and not only does NCSoft west Fail at ALL of them, the boink the server and now your hot bars are gone, yeah.. I can see why people are testy. Its deserved.... matter of a fact its overdue and Im SURE a good portion of the aggravation right now has less to do with hotbars and MUCH more to do with a deaf publisher that is running the game into the ground. 

Well... usually people stop paying if the services they are getting are not up to their expectations...

3 hours ago, PimpMyBow said:

Well... usually people stop paying if the services they are getting are not up to their expectations...

In Lineage 2 it's the opposite.

Players know that all the loot boxes they pay for will give them crap items and they still spend a fortune :D

14 hours ago, FoolyCooly said:

I don't play all of my 24 classes or 480 hotbars daily 🤭 You should really consider that sometimes you don't have a clue of what you're talking about.

If you really take the time to understand I never said you play all 24 classes. I tried to be simple enough to help you get the point. "IF" you play a character more than the other 23 you should know the hotbar, as I did mine, well enough to put it back together fairly easy.  The rest of the 23 will take mor time but shouldn't be the end of the world. I can only speak for me, it wasn't a big deal.  For those freaking out about spending 10k on this game and not getting the service they demand, well guess they aren't spending wisely. This game is over 20 years old and the population is a fragment of what it was, maybe it is time to fund another project. To all those crying to stop giving NCSoft money, that would end L2, if that is the goal keep preaching.