Please Welcome Wissp!

EMpulse

51 minutes ago, Wissp said:

Hello!

I’m very excited to join this community and look forward to meeting everyone. I have been an avid gamer since I was a young child. Most Notably, I love RPGs – both single player and MMORPGs. I’m currently leveling a Human Sorcerer on Lineage 2 Live!

In the weeks and months ahead, my goal will be to become a valuable resource for you all, by providing information, updates, and clarification on all things Lineage 2. Additionally, while not all posts will receive a response, I will be regularly gathering your feedback into reports intended for key departments and individuals working on Lineage 2.

To appropriately manage expectations, please note, you will likely see me in smaller doses initially, as I work to get up-to-speed on the many aspects of my new role. Thank you very much, and please feel free to use this thread to introduce yourselves to me!

-Wissp

Good luck with Your sorcerer , 

As paywall will hit you hard at 105 lvl ^^ DM me for spiritshots I will share some with you :)   Anyway @Wissp  hopefully you will write proper report to dev team , as we are slightly at desperate stage in this game after so many years :) 
Good luck and see ya in game! 

2 minutes ago, ArrowDumpster said:

He should be 105 already. It only takes like a day to get 105.  

True if you know what are you doing , once I cameback and there was automcombat I didint knew i have to stay in blasing swamp for 24h to get to 105 ^^ 

I was roaming towns and locations to grab some nostaglia , but unfortunately its gone forever :)

• L2 Team
4 minutes ago, AshesOfAden said:

Good luck with Your sorcerer , 

As paywall will hit you hard at 105 lvl ^^ DM me for spiritshots I will share some with you :)   Anyway @Wissp  hopefully you will write proper report to dev team , as we are slightly at desperate stage in this game after so many years :) 
Good luck and see ya in game! 

Thanks, AshesofAden!

I do have a background in feedback gathering and reporting, so one thing I can guarantee is that community feedback will be properly communicated to the appropriate channels. In fact, I've been lurking these forums for a little while now, so I already some basic knowledge of some of the issues being reported. My goal will be to figure out ways to let everyone know that I'm here gathering information, even when certain topics do not receive a response.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Wissp welcome.

Just please, we are begging you, listen to what we have to say, listen to the players, do not make the same mistake as others, we know it is not easy to manage a large amount of people, but we who are playing and spending in the game, we know how it is also not easy to staff not care a bit about what we say, do not care.
So please, it is a request that I believe you can do for everyone, care, value what the community asks, what we say, because we need someone like that in the staff of L2.

• Like 2

put this down for some feed back.

I work for an ISP. I have customer calling every 20 minutes hounding me about their circuit when its down. I know, that they know, that calling me wont make the guys dig any faster when there is a fiber cut. For customer service, the worst thing to do, is not to provide the simplest update. I have to provide them an update every hour, even its just " they still sharpening their shovels and putting duct tape on, just as fast as they can"  its makes them happy.

so my suggesting,  Even though, you know, that we know, you are waiting on them, we still want you to say, your waiting on them.

1 hour ago, Wissp said:

Hello, PugofCrydee!

I'm leveling as a regular player on the Chronos server, with no special powers, abilities or access to GM tools. For the time being, I plan to experience the game as a free-to-play account in order to gain a better understanding of how the game plays for those who don't spend money.

-Wissp

HAHA good luck! let's see how many days it will take you to delete the game and give up, if it's being a free-2-play we will have big changes in the game

Be welcome @Wissp

@WisspWelcome to the game, as a man I best wishes for your career

As a player Im curious to see ur progression when u hit 105 level and try to play SOLO:

Field of Crisis lv100

Storm isle lv100

Primeval isle lv105

Imperial tomb lv105

and Isle of soul lv107

Please tell us ur experience doing this time zone playing SOLO and with FREE ITEMS.

And try to play with free to play Gludio and Krofin instance at Venusta NPC at Aden.

• L2 Team
50 minutes ago, Halisa said:

Hello @Wissp and welcome in our community.

Please can you try the life in Naia server too?

so you can also understand how much the cost of living on this server

I think it's fair to say I'll probably end up with a characters on Naia as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Welcome @Wissp

yes better if you feel the game yourself :) You can also read forum for plenty advises for old and new players.  I didnt count the forum threats that stay without any response.

I personaly resignated months ago to point how the game should be and could be improved.  The whole concept 6 or 7 years ago was destroyed. Gap between none spenders and heavy spenders is gigantic. Events only cash people with gambling staff. We lack basic regular items in game, adena drop,items drop, skill codexes, crystal of dawn, artefact fragments, splendor fragments, rune stones, god jewelery materials, agathions. Homuculous is now 1 big joke to breed TOP one. We are undergear to survive in location that are mentioned for certain level and we are forced go lower. Party exping need improvment, not only party XP bonus, especially for support need. Enchants, compound chances low, augumentation with plenty trash options, expensive augument stones. Consumptions of spirit and soulstones is obsolete, also using shots= change equasion and delete it from game. Dragon boss missing. And plenty more things. If want ask the comunity.  And what is important this game is only grind for level up in afk mode. The fun is missing, RPG or MMORPG part is lost. Is said that other companies can make better attitude to improve their old games or can be inspired by new games but NCSoft no. 

I recommend, make new Forum room like Feedback to NCSoft or something like that where you informing us what you discuss with dev

Also I recommend to make in game calendar and forum calendar with events schedule for whole years, all will be happy to know when the Red Libra will be and stop spam forum. 

I wish you good start :)

Hello @Wissp and welcome!  I hear you are starting a fresh new character and attempting to be free to play, I appreciate the spirit!  I have many videos on youtube  that are geared toward new / returning players, so you may be able to find some helpful information there!  

Speaking of which, it seems NCWEST staff / GM's do not have a strong community presence both in game, and out of game (via live streams, social media interactions etc).  I challenge you, along with other NCWEST staff, to start engaging more with the community, not only on the forums, but in game, out of game, and just in general.  This game unfortunately does not have the best "PR" associated with it, and there is a lot of negativity / toxicity in the community that i think turns new players away.  I personally feel if the GM's became more transparent / involved with the community, that could potentially help increase community perception of the game.  A few recommendations or examples I would love to suggest would be hosting in game community events (such as equalized PVP tournaments, hide and seek events etc), reaching out to the content creators of the game and trying to bridge the gap there (maybe join some live streams for Q&A, start a podcast or something like that for the community to listen to and get a glimpse into whats to come in L2's future), and logging in to the game (on your GM character) on a fairly regular / frequent basis to show the community that the staff is active and involved.

Welcome again, and if some guy named H0RR0R ever PK's / griefs you in game (he only picks on new / low level players), please feel free to message BoBandy and I will gladly come and take care of that problem for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wissp said:

Hello, PugofCrydee!

I'm leveling as a regular player on the Chronos server, with no special powers, abilities or access to GM tools. For the time being, I plan to experience the game as a free-to-play account in order to gain a better understanding of how the game plays for those who don't spend money.

-Wissp

Please tell me you are playing as a Wynn...  Good luck with that special place in hell.

I hope H0RR0R finds you to say Hello!

When you do start to "spend", do it to the amount of your monthly mortgage payment.

• L2 Team
18 minutes ago, TimmyJohns said:

Hello @Wissp and welcome!  I hear you are starting a fresh new character and attempting to be free to play, I appreciate the spirit!  I have many videos on youtube  that are geared toward new / returning players, so you may be able to find some helpful information there!  

Speaking of which, it seems NCWEST staff / GM's do not have a strong community presence both in game, and out of game (via live streams, social media interactions etc).  I challenge you, along with other NCWEST staff, to start engaging more with the community, not only on the forums, but in game, out of game, and just in general.  This game unfortunately does not have the best "PR" associated with it, and there is a lot of negativity / toxicity in the community that i think turns new players away.  I personally feel if the GM's became more transparent / involved with the community, that could potentially help increase community perception of the game.  A few recommendations or examples I would love to suggest would be hosting in game community events (such as equalized PVP tournaments, hide and seek events etc), reaching out to the content creators of the game and trying to bridge the gap there (maybe join some live streams for Q&A, start a podcast or something like that for the community to listen to and get a glimpse into whats to come in L2's future), and logging in to the game (on your GM character) on a fairly regular / frequent basis to show the community that the staff is active and involved.

Welcome again, and if some guy named H0RR0R ever PK's / griefs you in game (he only picks on new / low level players), please feel free to message BoBandy and I will gladly come and take care of that problem for you!

Thanks for the feedback, TimmyJohns! 

I will definitely check out the videos on your channel. You seem to cover a wide variety of topics and I look forward to learning and benefiting from the fruits of your labor.

3 hours ago, Wissp said:

Hello!

I’m very excited to join this community and look forward to meeting everyone. I have been an avid gamer since I was a young child. Most Notably, I love RPGs – both single player and MMORPGs. I’m currently leveling a Human Sorcerer on Lineage 2 Live!

In the weeks and months ahead, my goal will be to become a valuable resource for you all, by providing information, updates, and clarification on all things Lineage 2. Additionally, while not all posts will receive a response, I will be regularly gathering your feedback into reports intended for key departments and individuals working on Lineage 2.

To appropriately manage expectations, please note, you will likely see me in smaller doses initially, as I work to get up-to-speed on the many aspects of my new role. Thank you very much, and please feel free to use this thread to introduce yourselves to me!

-Wissp

This is the first time ever we see a CM saying that he's leveling a char to see how a new player can progress in the game. Please post your opinions after you reach the famous 105 lvl pay-wall as a f2p player. 

We all hope you say the truth and you will inform the devs with all the appropriate changes that needs to be done. We do understand that this might take time. We're in deep s*** for many years already here in Lineage 2 (sarcasm xD )

We also hope that you won't disappoint us since we don't even remember when was the last time we've had fun in the game.

Welcome @Wissp !

Welcome @Wissp,

To be honest, I'm really glad you are trying the game out as a new hire. I don't think many before you did.

In this topic alone, you have probably posted more replies than whole NCWest stuff did altogether, so I see a glimpse of hope for the game once again. You have mentioned that you have been roaming through the forums for some time now. Please don't be discouraged by the toxicity level of the playerbase. Yes, the game is in a very bad state, that much is true, however it is not expected that you immediately go and fix everything up. I think we as a community would really be happy for even slightest of improvements, as for the last couple of months/years, the gameplay quality was really just moving downwards. There has been several "surveys" like "are you guys happy bout the update", we said we are not, but unfortunately we got no further response. I've seen you have replied in an old thread regarding this just few minutes ago, thanks for looking into it.

Regarding the level walls that have been mentioned, yeah, there is nothing more unmotivating to play again than waking up at the morning dead from mobs in area ment to be for players 3-5 levels below your is. And this is not just if you are free to play, this unfortunately happens even after you spend sums that someone would call a fortune. Even if you do survive, the rewards for you keeping your PC/Laptop up and running throughout a night are simply not really worth it currently. Best case scenario is getting an R99 item from box, which is still pretty much nothing.

I kinda hate myself for still logging in every day as I should have had stopped a long time ago, but maybe,  if you listen to what the community has to say and actually respond with actions, I will not be feeling like wasting time and perhaps will be even capable of wanting to recommend the game to some friends again.

Anyways I do hope you will stay motivated in engaging with the community. Even if you write "no actions will be taken" it will still be better than not responding at all.

Regards,
Xon

welcome @Wissp. U really seems a nice dude ,but u wont be able to change anything. i know u will try because i can see it in your "eyes" . You are not like others thats 100%.

Cata gaming l2 on youtube , alot of gambles & enchants and how i made it f2p to be decent :P

If ur not a complainer pretty sure u can make it even f2p in this game. I know alot of dudes who did it and one of them is me.

GL!