Please Welcome Wissp!

EMpulse

• L2 Team
42 minutes ago, wyXon said:

Welcome @Wissp,

To be honest, I'm really glad you are trying the game out as a new hire. I don't think many before you did.

In this topic alone, you have probably posted more replies than whole NCWest stuff did altogether, so I see a glimpse of hope for the game once again. You have mentioned that you have been roaming through the forums for some time now. Please don't be discouraged by the toxicity level of the playerbase. Yes, the game is in a very bad state, that much is true, however it is not expected that you immediately go and fix everything up. I think we as a community would really be happy for even slightest of improvements, as for the last couple of months/years, the gameplay quality was really just moving downwards. There has been several "surveys" like "are you guys happy bout the update", we said we are not, but unfortunately we got no further response. I've seen you have replied in an old thread regarding this just few minutes ago, thanks for looking into it.

Regarding the level walls that have been mentioned, yeah, there is nothing more unmotivating to play again than waking up at the morning dead from mobs in area ment to be for players 3-5 levels below your is. And this is not just if you are free to play, this unfortunately happens even after you spend sums that someone would call a fortune. Even if you do survive, the rewards for you keeping your PC/Laptop up and running throughout a night are simply not really worth it currently. Best case scenario is getting an R99 item from box, which is still pretty much nothing.

I kinda hate myself for still logging in every day as I should have had stopped a long time ago, but maybe,  if you listen to what the community has to say and actually respond with actions, I will not be feeling like wasting time and perhaps will be even capable of wanting to recommend the game to some friends again.

Anyways I do hope you will stay motivated in engaging with the community. Even if you write "no actions will be taken" it will still be better than not responding at all.

Regards,
Xon

Thanks for taking the time to welcome me and provide this feedback, Xon!

I appreciate the way you've articulated your thoughts. 

I'm probably going to avoid responding to the more complex and/or emotionally charged discussions until I gain a better understanding of the game and the community. I am, however, comfortable revealing that I have a genuine passion for communication and connecting with other people. With that said, you can expect that I will be on these forums, social media, and in-game quite frequently.  Perhaps reading more for now, than responding.

• Like 2

Welcome @Wissp

Sorry if some of us aren't too excited about new staff but Ncwest have lied so many times to us and showed zero interest that at this point we care little about what they write on forums but their actions. In addition to all the problems mentioned for other players, still noone provided a solution for the growing number of players using third party software. Whenever someone get many reports for suspicious actions in game Ncwest send to that person an email saying they will start to investigate him... 🙄  You think that all those accounts injecting code to the server won't affect the server stability? 🤔
Anyways, I hope you lvl a toon also in Naia too to experience yourself the real struggle. Let me know if you need a mentor 🤣😂

Welcome @Wissp ! I am very glad you will make a toon without any special  items, you will see the paywall by 105+. 

Even for those who want to just get to 110, just simply a basic upgrade for circlet/dragon shirt/ kaliel bracelet, you will need 12/38 crystal of dawn.  Let me know when you can effectively farm it out of Crisis.  For me, it took 1 year to get one crystal of dawn, even going there every single day.  Having a drop rate rune 200% does not make it any better.  To go buy it out of the ncstore costs more than $1.60 USD for each piece and to make a dragon rind leather shirt you will need 38 dawns or $60.80 to make one (this is very expensive!).   You will find there is no where that are reasonable  drops items to collect to make craft items, as it should not take 38 years for me to upgrade a shirt. Drops are  very rare to farm. It used to be more fun when you are able to farm things but there should be some reasonable chances to get items from drops and not just exclusively from the L2 Store. 

On top of that please look into fishing and elcyum.  you will find Fancy rods beyond expensive as there are no method to make them unless you have old accounts as they have taken away all fishing events and the purpose to fish. a regular master 5 fishing rod may take u 1 entire week of fishing to make 1 elcyum.  Upgrading items with elcyum... well that should be interesting when you are able to do that. There is not even quests to make this a reward (we should have quests?)

You will find they took all the fun things away and there is no quests or content for new and old players to even enjoy.  I hope this feedback will help develop content or bring back some of the old content that made this game fun. thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@WisspIf we are sharing problems about the servers, 1 problem is the fact that the events/sales /enchant rates in the game ar based on the highest spenders,  if there ar 2 or 3 people that buy 5 000-  10 000  boxes per event the drops rates ar based on every player buying 5 000 box so you will get itmes if you buy only 5 000 + box, any less and you will lose moneys invested, but that is not true the average player buy 100-200 box and when opening they get nothing so results in unhappy players and no itmes on server so people can not progress even if you spend $, so all the market depends on 2 -5 people who buy 10 000 to provided the server with itmes resulting in very high prices.  

Same happens to enchant rates/craft rates and free event rates. 

After 2 years of opening boxes and craft itmes and joining free events, I give up to opening boxes becuse you lose money so I sell box; same for craft/enchant also give it up because the rates ar to small and it is cheaper to buy then to craft/enchant.

But i do not like to sell boxes/items and to buy items I need this is not a market game or a farmville, I like to craft/ enchant my  own items, even to open some box, but in the current state that the game is, this system is broken and not worth it.

Everything you craft fails, everything you enchant fails and there ar no drops from the mobs in the game, every time I make somthing I end up buying all the itmes in AH and waiting for  more, or when I put somthing on sale in AH it is the only one I do not even know that price to put on the item, and we are talking about a game here that is running on real world crisis mode.

And I will not spend more than 50- 100 $ per month on a game when I know that are people in the world that don't have what to eat, the prices ar just to big in the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poooky said:

Welcome @Wissp ! I am very glad you will make a toon without any special  items, you will see the paywall by 105+. 

Even for those who want to just get to 110, just simply a basic upgrade for circlet/dragon shirt/ kaliel bracelet, you will need 12/38 crystal of dawn.  Let me know when you can effectively farm it out of Crisis.  For me, it took 1 year to get one crystal of dawn, even going there every single day.  Having a drop rate rune 200% does not make it any better.  To go buy it out of the ncstore costs more than $1.60 USD for each piece and to make a dragon rind leather shirt you will need 38 dawns or $60.80 to make one (this is very expensive!).   You will find there is no where that are reasonable  drops items to collect to make craft items, as it should not take 38 years for me to upgrade a shirt. Drops are  very rare to farm. It used to be more fun when you are able to farm things but there should be some reasonable chances to get items from drops and not just exclusively from the L2 Store. 

On top of that please look into fishing and elcyum.  you will find Fancy rods beyond expensive as there are no method to make them unless you have old accounts as they have taken away all fishing events and the purpose to fish. a regular master 5 fishing rod may take u 1 entire week of fishing to make 1 elcyum.  Upgrading items with elcyum... well that should be interesting when you are able to do that. There is not even quests to make this a reward (we should have quests?)

You will find they took all the fun things away and there is no quests or content for new and old players to even enjoy.  I hope this feedback will help develop content or bring back some of the old content that made this game fun. thanks

A top player farms 2 cry of dawn per week, so like I said  the rates for everything is based on 5-10 people in the game and the rest of the players are just ignored. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wissp said:

Hello!

I’m very excited to join this community and look forward to meeting everyone. I have been an avid gamer since I was a young child. Most Notably, I love RPGs – both single player and MMORPGs. I’m currently leveling a Human Sorcerer on Lineage 2 Live!

Hello Wissp,

i welcome you for this challenging task.

What we really would appreciate is some sort of live stream about your progress and your thoughts and feelings while doing different instances, market observations, your thoughts when you try to enchant/compound and so on.

THIS would really add some quality content and connection to the playerbase.

Once you faced all that (maybe even try at a certain stage chars with different lvl/gear which is low/mid tear geared) you have first hand experience to report back to the developer team about gearing up as a casual player and the l2store sales being 99% of the time a rip off.

Wish you best of luck and hope you will stay for longer.

Greets from a player who started in 2006

@Wisspas NCWest staff has worn out my patience for a while now since the departure of Juji with empty broken promises I will refrain saying much more then a Good Luck!

- Draecke, Closed Beta Player till date (yeah we all make mistakes), Korean patch note expert and Dolphin level spender

@Wissp
first of all welcome and i  hope you don't dissapear like the others  that they don't answer to any one  .
1 game have serious problems of lags,disconects,crashes  
2 overprice events that give nothing why you have in rewards stupid items  as a reward that cost 1/10 of the nccoins that you spend to take the boxes 
3  war system sucks  and no one have done anything to fix that 
4  4 daddy balls isn't conpensation  
5 economy  is  so bad .... you lvling a character in live servers do you know how much cost a pve cloak nowdays ?? 1T adena  go farm 1 T adena gl for that ......
6  programs that hero shouting all time that they use  their wars ... do you know anything about that ????
7 why never a live GM in game 24/7 ????   
8  people have lost their faith  many time we discusss in our clans discords  when we see new GM comning in community that is just the same person  and we wondering  did he  change the profile  icon and the name ???

• Like 1

@Wissp what @Solaris said and also, players need items to progress and cheap events. Yes we understand that we need to pay but your "promo" event prices are insane. reduce them and make players earn items from events. The more items we earn, the more money we will spend.

If you take EU version as an example, they have gear/items for their characters and their prices are 1/4 of our server's items. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Wissp said:

I'm probably going to avoid responding to the more complex and/or emotionally charged discussions until I gain a better understanding of the game and the community. I am, however, comfortable revealing that I have a genuine passion for communication and connecting with other people. With that said, you can expect that I will be on these forums, social media, and in-game quite frequently.  Perhaps reading more for now, than responding.

@WisspLet's hope you're not like all the other GM's and come in say some nice things then go silent. 

I suggest you look at Skills in PVP (They simply do not land to be useful at all, things like silence, root, paralyze) Also, look at summoners and necromancers. Both the classes are horrible and above 110 are simply worthless. We as a community have been BEGGING them to fix skills for YEARS, this last patch was supposed to do that, but didn't.. and here we are 6 mo later, no update, no communication, no "were working on it here is the issue" just silence... and were SO TIRED of silence while they keep pumping out pay to win gambling events. 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2022 at 21:10, Wissp said:

Hello how are you ?
Welcome to the world of Lineage.
I have a challenge for you, if you are a real MMO player and game lover, we want to see how you play out in lineage 2.
I challenge you to create a topic and show the development of your char. You can hide your nick to avoid being hunted around the reason for this, it's a challenge because lineage 2 is extremely pay to win you can't progress past 107 and now with a CM that plays the game, as a player you can see this for real :D

@Wisp

Watch this video posted by Andouille that was just posted in forums, tell me if you think this is 1. Fun 2. balanced? Does NC Soft really think we enjoy a siege where one person does 100 MILLION damage to people and takes almost ZERO damage in return, AND has passives that heal them for more damage than they take? This isn't fun, you should participate in siege and see how long you last, you'll "love" it (dripping with sarcasm) 

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/25341-chronos-tyrr-dread-siege-video/

On 9/1/2022 at 2:10 AM, Wissp said:

Eh... I wrote here a half page, the forum engine ate it

Summarized version:
Wlc @Wissp. I'm glad to see an active GM.

Take care with:
- unreacable items (dragon breath, items for alchemy - love potion)

- hard to get items (we are short of these): bloody/dark stones, dawn cry, determination/protection, source of emperor, artifact fragment, and so on) when not in event period -> Einhasad store?

- tradable coin because inflation (npc can buy/sell for example for 500b each, we could pay for 1.5T weapon without exchange other items) - original version by lNasa, but you can see almost similar at dragonnetwork as well, but there is this coin for real money

- all necessary items should be farmed in game slowly, faster way for p2w'ers

- anti bot (against farmers, pvp'ers, especially on siege)

- delete 3 PC restriction, because the high electricity bills, nonsens to turn on other pc (or buy mini pc) for selling, fishing chars

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 11:49 PM, Draecke said:

@Wisspas NCWest staff has worn out my patience for a while now since the departure of Juji with empty broken promises I will refrain saying much more then a Good Luck!

- Draecke, Closed Beta Player till date (yeah we all make mistakes), Korean patch note expert and Dolphin level spender

I hope that dolphin is John West friendly.... er i mean NCwest friendly   :)

15 hours ago, BENTEJUI said:

@kyssania  completely agree with you

but that is not even remotely a siege that is a fight between 7 or 8 players

and iAndouille that I better reserve the comment is rude and to be a top player it's a shame that he puts videos to show off.... but that's how he shows what he is

I'm sure if these servers were balanced I wouldn't be in the top players, that's for sure not even half of the top

Im  not rude,  i am just not a Hypocrit person,   if you attack me personally, ill answer you back in the worst manner just like you'r dad slapped you when u was younger so you understand,   its about the same.

Every person who knows me, talks to me, ask me anything about this game i always answer, i don't snob anyone,  im always here to give tips,  and give Truths even the one that hurts. 

Ppl may see my shouts, my trashtalk and have a bad image of me, but for every popular person it goes that way. you judge what you see , but you don't try to understand the why behind. 

And im just making videos as entertainement, im playing the game like every other, i had the opportunity to have all that gear from hard work and years of dedication, bro i play since 2006. you dont get to that point from nowhere.  im young im not rich, i don't have rich parents, all i have in this game was totally Farmed,   used my knowledge to play market, enchant, gamble ,  use Math and statistics to know what's gonna bring me money. 

Ppl will probably not trust my words. but it is what it is.    And if this game was not paytowin and equal, we would all have more fun in the pvp, and more competition,  saying i would not be on the top players is false. i always played at top level even 10 years back when the game was more "equal"  i proved this in past, i prove it now,  gear is a thing, but gameplay and knowledge is too.

@Wissp  Hello and Welcome .... 

so tell us what future proposals you have in STORE for US (pardon the pun) :P  in a previous post i mentioned about  tagging  potions to  real money events as rewards taking away chances of  actually getting an item  do  you think that is something down the line will be removed and just given as an event  participation reward like they used to be ,where everyone gets pots and those choosing to try their luc or $$$ ( well infact theres no luck involved) to attempt getting an item they actually want to pay for,  get that privledge.

theres a lot of players here in game dont spend  money on Ncoin ... you cant change that , nor should u make a wall for those active players due to that fact , alot mentioned its in game why cant it be accessable even if it take alot time/resources for the F2P players  but still reasonably achieveable  instead of 100% it cant  unless nstored . example here is Pi scrolls   500+ used to  get the same +0 item  you started out enchanting  (thats just crazy  for players spending time in a game ) and disapointment  ... now here is the icing on the cake   submit a ticket saying u just wasted 6 months worth farming PI scrolls to get +0 again  see your support crews  work in action  see what their responce is to ur ticket , working as intended . makes u feel great as a new player  let alone a vetran player

Others mentioned  dailys/instances  100+   entry but u need to be actually be 110 + with some nstore items or 112+ with exalted gear , all for a 105 reward  why cant the venusta chests  reward % increase for slightly better items and the odd shiny venusta  they might manage to get , have only  items for upgrades with the poor % chance.. this along with aden and shiny aden chests needs a massive  overhaul  to all the rewards  other wise  put back mob drops  like they were 

introduction of  new concepts need alot of  thought before they get inplemented  the  chests that spawned jewel stones was  GREAT  idea but u allowed its to be an exploit from the start  allowing chests to spawn and be farmed with programmes/ timers  in  inactive pits or spawn with afk players that could not kill before  exploiters arrived at location and took reward for themselves..  id say common sense but who has that nowadays . why did they need a chest in the first place, why couldnt a special mob (same type) spawn and die like the rest after given period time  (just like blood swords) not any harder to kill and drop a jewel ...   this server needs this jewels to return but with alot more anti exploit added to it 

@Wissp i hope your not another GM who will have their hands tied  and just another appeasement to the player base

prove me and every other nay sayer on this forum we are wrong 

ps  clan factions where they at , more clan quests ,  quests to maybe get a  reward that is  traditionlly a nstore  only  that can be repeated  based on time or something  (npc reward ) and make ALL ITEMS WITHIN ACCOUNT be tradeable within account..  via dimension manager 

thank you  for your time as  time is one of the most precious  resources  us Humans  have limited upon us 

cheers karnival 

• Like 2

A warm and heartfelt welcome to you! So many things to do and explore in this fundamental MMORPG. Its fun and can make you abit mental, fundamental. All kidding aside, so many interesting people from all over the globe. For some this is their only escape from whatever mundane lives they lead, for others this is thier mundane life. In my vast and unequalled experience I believe drops should return, leveling should have some quality of life aspect, and summons and summoners need a close look at.  So exciting for you, lucky you to be behind the curtain.

• Like 1

Looks like one more time the new GM will come to us and ask to "how can I improve the game"...
And somo people will help writing all the things we already provide and be ignored again, after that a new GM will join the crew asking the same thing... an endless circle.

Hire an imigrant and they will fix the server.
All the GMs are lazy they dont even read all the posts before start to work.

The forum looks like a public service, it's just ignore people and they will leave.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LuxK said:

Looks like one more time the new GM will come to us and ask to "how can I improve the game"...
And somo people will help writing all the things we already provide and be ignored again, after that a new GM will join the crew asking the same thing... an endless circle.

Hire an imigrant and they will fix the server.
All the GMs are lazy they dont even read all the posts before start to work.

The forum looks like a public service, it's just ignore people and they will leave.

These GMs never will improve this game. Maybe they could give response to DEV / Analyst etc. team in Korea.
But, they could take care with economy, availability of items.
Just an other example. Red Libra coming. Rune stone shortage on Naia. 240 million adenas each (and not too many for sale).  This is just an example earlier I wrote a few similar items, all of us can continue the list. 
GMs should check the database (or get  a data analyst, data miner etc.) and do some queries. Count, how many eg. rune  stone in AH, in private  stores, summarize. Demand estimation: server needs x pcs (low level characters skills / 115 skills * 32 *ppl / 120 skills * 64 * ppl + Red Libra - all change * necessary items). Put somewhere the differences (or a bit less) as reward / Einhasad store :D / change in any event emperor coctail to rune stone :D, in this case you will not kill all ISS :D /
Very simple mathematics, basic economy, intermediate informatics + do something => happy, supplied players in servers :D 

And someone check this forum engine, almost I lost this message again... nothing happened after submit reply