Random - GM Buff Event Idea

Slycutter

@Wissp@Hermes

People want this to be RPG game again and if you guys sacrifice a 1/2 to 1 hour of your day randomly a few times a week 1 could help with you engaging the community buy good will and help people have some fun.

I use to do clan event with riddles that rewarded people with gear or adena back when you can farm raid bosses and get decent drops....Ah those were the days.

It is simple choose a location spawn a GM there visible but as a raid boss or something make it interesting lol (it can be done we all know it) Then do a server announcement where the GM raid boss buffer is. 

Here is one that many should get:

Go to the entrance where Fire and Water meet but has long been forgotten.    (FYI Forgotten Temple)

- It is closed off now but GM can stand at the bottom of the stairs at the entrance give their buff package to anyone who shows up for an hour or so.

Also random raid boss spawn outside of Giran or Aden - bring back a raid boss we can't see anymore like Beleth, or Lividior and when it dies pop like a Pinata dropping the pots you guys give away anyway but it be fun because makes everyone come together and do something out of the ordinary.

We do not want the repetition we things that surprise us; don't make it at the same time because even though servers are based in US these are truly the only world servers in L2 so random times and days could announce ahead of time but do not beholden to certain times some of these are can be done at time.

People might complain but you always have that but majority will enjoy a change of pace once awhile.  Also make it non-pvp zone in these area you spawn for both or raid bosses (which we know you can do with a GM bubble).

See as @Andouille@Hyperlite@Draeckeand few others have been saying we are the old guard here we know what we want as players; we know and love this game and hate seeing it destroyed.

We also know the full powers that GMs and Producers have but you do not seem to be using them anymore; and we know you can do a lot more than you do that Korea has no say.  Buff pots are up to you, raid boss spawning no saying you can do it, gm buffs you have done on occasions.

Please stop with golden dandy balls lol

-SlyCutter

0ld Guard

• Like 3

All raid bosses level will grow up again, same for time hunting zone;
And people between 110-118 will keep low geared and move again for lower areas 'cause mobs will be buffed again;
New itens for top players getting more stronger;
New areas for top players farm...
This is what NCWest will do next months.

10 hours ago, Slycutter said:

@Wissp@Hermes

People want this to be RPG game again and if you guys sacrifice a 1/2 to 1 hour of your day randomly a few times a week 1 could help with you engaging the community buy good will and help people have some fun.

I use to do clan event with riddles that rewarded people with gear or adena back when you can farm raid bosses and get decent drops....Ah those were the days.

It is simple choose a location spawn a GM there visible but as a raid boss or something make it interesting lol (it can be done we all know it) Then do a server announcement where the GM raid boss buffer is. 

Here is one that many should get:

Go to the entrance where Fire and Water meet but has long been forgotten.    (FYI Forgotten Temple)

- It is closed off now but GM can stand at the bottom of the stairs at the entrance give their buff package to anyone who shows up for an hour or so.

Also random raid boss spawn outside of Giran or Aden - bring back a raid boss we can't see anymore like Beleth, or Lividior and when it dies pop like a Pinata dropping the pots you guys give away anyway but it be fun because makes everyone come together and do something out of the ordinary.

We do not want the repetition we things that surprise us; don't make it at the same time because even though servers are based in US these are truly the only world servers in L2 so random times and days could announce ahead of time but do not beholden to certain times some of these are can be done at time.

People might complain but you always have that but majority will enjoy a change of pace once awhile.  Also make it non-pvp zone in these area you spawn for both or raid bosses (which we know you can do with a GM bubble).

See as @Andouille@Hyperlite@Draeckeand few others have been saying we are the old guard here we know what we want as players; we know and love this game and hate seeing it destroyed.

We also know the full powers that GMs and Producers have but you do not seem to be using them anymore; and we know you can do a lot more than you do that Korea has no say.  Buff pots are up to you, raid boss spawning no saying you can do it, gm buffs you have done on occasions.

Please stop with golden dandy balls lol

-SlyCutter

0ld Guard

Nice Idea Sly, i think it s time to start thinking about creating events ourselves , for us own, independient of the NCsoft events.

We have this forums and discord and global chat channel to announce them, during the week, begining in Wendnesday after maintainance, we could announce someting like "hello everyone, players are planning an event for this weekend, we are waiting for you this saturday 9/17 to join us in ... i don t know, Fellmere Lake (yes, an original funny general field place for fish   for a Fishing Event !  we will collecting Fishes from 13 hs PDT to 16 hs PDT, next, at 16 hs PDT, A nice Hero Player or Ranked Player (i suppos we can trust in him) will collect fishes from players, maybe 10 Powerfull, 20 nimbles, 30 uglys from every player who wants to participate, we ll make a name list of that players, and for last, at 17 hs PDT, we ll make a raffle these fishes between 3 players at random..... 

Well... in don t know exactly how to do that, the bases and conditions, but i think we can find some of a funny ideas to create FUNNY events for ourselves without still waiting always to NC drop ideas, we are a comunity of players, we can create something funny for sure.

we can use this forums to create something. Please, if you are planning to do something this weekend wait ! saturday it s my birthday, I will not be able to log in probably, and i don t wanna to lose the oportunity to make something interesting and new in L2 !  for the next weekend for sure !

PS: all idea of the "saturday fishing day in fellmere lake" it s just an a simle example, we can create thousands of NC free events

• L2 Team

I definitely like the idea of participating in-game with players in an official capacity, whether it's just for fun, or as a planned event.  I've done similar types of engagement with communities in the past, on other products where I worked as a Community Manager.

With that said, there are many challenges and complications with this type of interaction, and some serious consideration would need to be made in order to organize this form of engagement. Don't be discouraged though, it's something I may look further into down the road, once I have a better understanding of our internal systems, tools, resources, policies, and history pertaining to official in-game presence and activity.

Thanks for the great ideas!