Windows 11 *temporary fix*

AshesOfAden

Hi ,

As in previous thread about windows 11 crash I said I have sort of a fix @CataPvE was testing it , still some crashes due to file conflict with 32bit and 64bit systems you may experience crash after a day or two, not hourly like with standard set up.

Also @Hermes and @Wissp asked new PC users to send all reports to support , 

On 9/8/2022 at 7:06 PM, Hermes said:

Hello everyone,

We have been talking to the Dev regarding issues with Windows 11.

Right now, I ask that you please send any crash reports/logs to our Customer Service team. We have been collecting these and sharing them with the Dev so they can find the common issue cause and have it addressed.

Thank you,
Hermes

Which probably a lot of people did hopefully, but unfortunately those crashes wont show any specific information as they wont generate dump files,

So I would like to share my fix with everyone who is struggling with new PC build or windows 11 

So lets start from the issue with which I will include explanations hopefully @Hermes and @Wissp will send to dev team.

Lineage 2 client and NClauncher is build on 32bit architecture structure which was popular back in late 2000-2012

As we all know time moves on and things changes technology upgrades so most common PC build's in 2022 is 64bit architecture (86 bit is high end gaming PC's with motherboards and CPU's build around that. GL playing L2 with that beast :D)

If you will be lucky you may find 32bit PC in someone's attic to run L2 smooth  or 8-10 year old PC with base 32bit structure with 64bit capability(that's what most people got who haven't upgraded yet.)

So as we know the cause now which is 32bit application running on fully loaded 64 bit structure PC.

Please follow these instructions to enable .NET 32bit application capability(its not 100% fix as game is to old even for .net application)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFYzj837vIY

If you have installed additional SSD or HDD you will need to increase ram limit per application.

to do that follow these steps.

Open in search *View advanced system settings* select tab> advanced    down to performance click on <settings>  

In new pop up window go to Advanced tab in Virtual Memory box click change:

In another pop up box deselect (automatically manage paging file size) 

Select your drive ( D:)  

Untitled12.jpg

In second box select *system managed size* and click *SET*

Drive should change to system managed 

Untitled13.jpg

Now select again *Automatically manage paging file sizes for all driver* 

Click OK and save your changes.

Game client wont crash at all if you have only 1 window open for days,

With x3 clients you might get one client to crash from time to time.

• Thanks 1

4 more years and there will be no PC capable to run the game with current files.

Conclusion is:

NCLauncher compatibility is optimised for windows 7 (PAK files last updated in 2017 April, base structure updated in 2013 July)

Game Client has never been updated since 2005 build on Unreal engine 2 with directX 7 or bellow.

1 minute ago, nex0rcy said:

To the point , who needs a pc that runs win11 ( even with top hardware ) to play l2 ?!:P 
its better to have a machine to run l2 and take a PC to play games games : P

Its not just PC which runs windows 11 , in general its all new PC's You will buy new PC and install windows 10 and you will have same issue :) 

1 minute ago, nex0rcy said:

To the point , who needs a pc that runs win11 ( even with top hardware ) to play l2 ?!:P 
its better to have a machine to run l2 and take a PC to play games games : P

I can play 3x l2 clients actualy + any other game on same pc,why would i use 2 pc's for this ? lol