Lineage II Community Feedback Poll!

Wissp

Lineage II Community Feedback Poll!  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you like spending most of your time?

• Special Hunting Zones
    • World Hunting Zones
    • Field Hunting Zones
    • Olympiad
    • Castle Siege
    • Boss Raids
    • Events
    • Missions and Quests
    • Dungeons
  2. 2. What is your best wish for Lineage II in 2023

• Shorter Content Update Cycles
    • More/Improved Events
    • More/Improved Promotions
    • Balance Improvements
    • Server and Performance Improvements
  3. 3. PvP or PvE?

• Player vs. Player (PvP)
    • Player vs. Environment (PvE)

Its so funny that so many people reply to a post that it took them only 5 minute to make.

Its funny that there are so many people like me that loves this game so much to keep trying SO HARD to keep it alive all those last years, that this company made it all wrong! 

Let me ask you why you need us to reply to the poll? You dont have people to work on a such a profitable company?

People spended millions on ncoins the last 5 years!! You ask players to do your job?

Well its easy.. from all the decisions you make, do the opposite. This will fix the game.

Its the only game in the world that even if you pay 1.000$ on a promo there is a big chance not to get a good item the will help your toon to compete the content.

Make it possible to farm basic material for items and gears for free again! (Like real l2 used to be)

and MAke it possible when you spend 50$ 100$ or 500$ to get the items that you payed! 

Even PTW events and gamble boxes give nothing the last 2 years, you even destroyed slayer event which was the last possible way to make something when you spend.

Improve your Pay To Lose politics and free to farm! YOU MADE THIS GAME SUCH A LUXURY ONLY FOR 50 people who are the only once who can spend 150k$ to farm TOI!

Make the game cheaper so we can keep playing it, enough money you got for nothing scammers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TROTAMUNDOS said:

Here is an example. The game says it's free but some assimilate and see it as normal that the game no longer offers you a free way to progress. Instead, you have to pay to do it.

get off that dead horse dude

you can play for free, go kill ivory crater to 112 then move fom

it will just take you 5 years to get there

The problem we have is the game is waaay too expensive, even relative to the same game in other regions. We pay the most money, and have the fewest items. That needs fixing. Over-reliance on gatcha boxes for item generation, nerfed rates for everything, drops and cash events, no einhasad, blah blah.The game is playable in the Korean version, it's unplayable in the US version 

• Like 3

On 1/18/2023 at 5:19 PM, Wissp said:

No matter which version of Lineage II you play, we want to learn more about the things you most enjoy doing and what your hopes are for the future! Please take a moment to participate in our Lineage II Community Feedback Poll!

Please feel free to provide any additional feedback, or elaborate on your choices by replying to this thread.

Here are my thoughts on the game in its current state of content/management/promos:

Game Content:

There is no f2p content available in game anymore.  There is literally no way for a player to begin the game, spend 100 usd every month, and be able to get gear in a manner that is required to enjoy the game normally.  I don’t mean dragon wep stage 3 for everyone, but the basics.

We used to have primevil isle (now called jamoa) which dropped scrolls that everyone needed, but was only farmable by low-mid level toons.  This helped promote an in game economy that was outside the p2w loot boxes, and gave f2p or players who didn’t spend as much something to farm towards.  This has been completely removed in the last update, now not dropping scrolls at all.  We know why you did this, its to put them in loot boxes and then sell a kain version later, so everyone has to spend for basic gear required to play.

We also are the ONLY region that does not have the f2p eihnassad coin store, which helps gear up low-medium players with basic items of need.  We have the most watered down, feature removed version of Lineage 2 in any export region.  At a minimum we should be equal to Japan or Innova on features and pricing and gear availability.

There are literally no drops anymore in the game.  If you want to play, you have to pay.  And pay A LOT of money at that.

A normal character must invest around 5,000 usd minimum to be able to sort of enjoy normal game content for their character’s level after 110-112 range.  In order to compete in any PvP, add another 10,000 to 15,000 usd on top of that to just begin entry into that feature.

This is a beyond broken model, and is a perfect segway into the next main point

Promos:

The sales/promos/events/whatever you want to call them are beyond overpriced.

I am a high paying customer.  Not top, but not low either.  I spent about 1000 usd on the mystery box promotion because it was the 1st time we had god jewels in the loot box for months, and the box gave an xp item which I assumed meant the normal Christmas XP event we have gotten every year forever was sure to come.

Long story short, all boxes opened to consumables and timed enchant scrolls, my mystery box compounding took 5-6x the statistical amount to make a lvl 11 box, I failed gk3 click, failed sayha 5 click, got a greater agathion that’s worth maybe 100b.  That 1000 usd got me maybe 200-300b in sellable stuff, none of which was an upgrade for me.

Just so you are on the same page as players, converting ncoin to adena means 1billion adena is about 0.50-0.80 cents depending the promos.  This means 1000 usd should get me 500-800 billion adena.  This doesn’t even consider the black market rmt side of things.

Follow this up with no xp event, and then the dragon slayer event which is now 4x last years price because you lowered the odds, and this makes me really want to quit.

I waited a year for this dragon slayer event.  You had me for an easy 3 grand if it was last years event.  Now it will cost me 9-12 grand to upgrade my weapon from stage 2 to stage 3.  No thank you.  I will find a new game.

Every single promo, you are clueless on the item’s in game value vs what you put them at.  I don’t think any of the current ncwest gm team even remotely understands the game and the content that is in it.  That’s unacceptable.

Sorry to break it to your team, but the normal video game player isn’t dropping 10-15-20 grand to play.  If you get a few hundred bucks you are lucky, and if you don’t capture them after that’s spent, theyre going to quit.  I understand the Korean model supports this structure.  We are by and far the absolute most expensive export region.  This is why your game is a dumpster fire at the moment.

Management:

I think this is the 3rd or 4th feedback request I have seen in the last 3-4 years.  Every single time, multiple people post very constructive feedback.  Every single time, it is 100% ignored by your team and korea based on the actions we see for the year following said feedback request.

You ignored a massively critical forum post for over a week which was all about how you purposely are trying to gouge your playerbase on the current dragon slayer event.  You purposefully tampered with rates to try and make more money, and it now blew up in your face.  We all know ncsoft did this on purpose, and so many people have quit its disgusting.

Pricing on all events is gouging to the extent its killing the game.  Management we interface with seems to not care about the customers or our input.

Closing:

I am basically done with the game because of this slayer event fiasco.  I will afk to the update in March to see how the dagger is changed.  I guess that means you have 2-3 months to win me back over as a customer.

I have multiple friends who have quit in the past week.  These people drop 1000’s on events.  They removed augments, traded off gear, and logged out.   They’re done done.  As in not coming back.

You need to show us you care about retaining your customers.  Not many people will start playing a 17 year old game from scratch that cost 10-20k to start.

We have the most over priced and watered down version of Lineage 2.  Lower your price structure.  Make us more like Japan’s model on gear availability.  Stop messing with good events to try and price gouge us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

@Wissp @Hermes

We repeat ourselves and say that our region is the most expensive among all regions with the worst box results, enchant results, augmenting results, and so forth.

How can someone enjoy the game, if everything is nerfed to the ground in our region?

I stopped spending myself so much and cut the spending by 1/10 from what I used to do, because the output was worse months after months and eventually just stick with a Prestige + Destiny pack and stopped buying any lootboxes and just go straight away items with Adena, because this is the best way. Let someone stupid enough open boxes and sell items on market.

Concerning gear, Slayer event IS THE EVENT of the year, where the whole community improves, enchants, sell and buy store move a lot around. People are willing to spend money, because it used to be the best bang for you buck event of the year. Unfortunately, now you screwed that one aswell.

Problem:

People are not able to do Dethrone 120-124 reasonable because of the massive lack of gear.

People are not able to do Atelia 120+ mobs, because of the massive lack of gear.

People are not able to do TOI5+, because of the massive lack of gear.

People are not able to do siege/PVP, because of the massive lack of gear.

People are not able to remotely attempt, Sea of Spores, Beast Farm or Fafurion, because of the massive lack of gear.

People are not able to do decent Neutral Zone, because of massive lack of gear.

People are not able to progress = People enjoy less the game = less money = people quit

Suggestion:

- drop an event with massive items of all kinds, Dragon Weapon, Splendor Fragment, God jewels, Claws, Limited Armor, Heaven Talisman, Epic Talisman, Greater Agathions, Greater Agathions scrolls, Gem Energies, Greater Gems, Dragon Weapon augments, Authority Ornaments, lvl6 dyes or higher

- do not put boosts for 3 months into your lootboxes! We got plenty boosts right now and we got them in the L2Store

- listen to your customers

- reduce the prices of your lootboxes, we pay more than any other region with the worst outcome

- come more frequent to the Forum as GM Moderator

- improve server rates in all things! Enchanting, Augmenting, Compounding

Do not expect more money from us, if the service you provide is bad.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

@Wissp

You should also ask WHY many of the players do not want to do Olympiad or go to Siege or do not want to pvp in a game that was originally an open world - pvp where and when you can/want - game.

Pretty simple:

Way to big gear gap which you created with the massively p2w system combined with NO ways to get the items via ig farming.

And none of us want MORE promotions, simply improved aka better chance for the top rewards instead of crappy time limited pots etc.

Your more/improved promotions is meaningless. If you ask everyone that voted for that i am sure 99% want not more but improved ones.

For example i opened 3k boxes on the Mystery Boxes sale and havent seen 24 rewards out of 47 possible ones.

THIS is what let ppl going to mass quit, stop buying, reducing your income.

• Thanks 2

I myself would love to see better promotions/events. I don't spend a lot of money in game and I'm struggling to get the gear that I need for Atelia/TOI. I would also love to see a better crafting system to where to odds of actually being able to craft/compound the item has a better chance of being created than what it does now. I guess what I'm trying to say is, Let us have a better percentage rate for the lower class items. Like the gems as an example. I've been trying to get a lvl. 5 ruby with out buying it and I can't even get another lvl. 3 gem to make it lvl. 4. All I'm saying is that if the items you're trying to craft has multiple stages make it to where the lower levels are easy to obtain.

9 hours ago, Congliostron said:

feed back is just kidding, the gms team seems like they don't even read the forum, they never give anything back

at this point the only obvious answers are
1. they don't care
or
2. legal has given them strict instructions to not say anything they could be held liable for as bad as things are atm.

I have been playing Lineage 2 for years and every time i come back on official just makes me quit after 3 weeks of playing.

NCsoft does nothing to maintain their population as there is spending no matter what and i don't judge them, it's a business and they have to pay employees, they don't care about your 50$ you spend every event, they target those who spend 500-3000$/event. Those people won't leave the game as there is already an addiction and financial commitment to that, for those who are keep spending and commenting how bad NCsoft is treating you, you made it with your own hand, they saw the power of your spending and they offer you a nice platform to do so. If you want improvements then make sure you don't spend, when there are no profits from this game either they will improve it or kill it.

Gamming is well known as an addiction and man!!! this is a bloody good game to be addicted to so i don't blame anyone for being addicted to this and spend their money on it. But if you want changes, make sure you drive them to do so. They say "The customer is your Boss"...here it looks like the customer pays to get it up the (0). 

By the way Thanks NCsoft, opened 200 boxes and got materials worth of 50kkk, well done... i am so happy and thankful for your gratitude and magnificent rewards.

why don't you give us some feedback GMs and forum mods about this game? What are teh difficulties you face here and in the game??

you ignored EVERY feedback poll in the past god knows how many years. So dunno why we keep replaying to these posts.

How about you just summarize what your problems with the game are and also summarize the players feedback. Having it written by you kinda makes ppl feel you actually read peoples suggestions

lastly, please demonstrate you implemented at least a email portion of any of the previous polls feedback. 

Suggestions for removing barriers that prevent Lineage 2 from becoming the most popular / profitable MMO.  With some tweaks, there is no reason this shouldn't be competing in the top-3 most popular MMOs of 2023.  If you were able to bring back the millions of players that are currently exiled on illegal servers, making 10x to 100x the profits from this game should be very easy.

1. Improved communication.  NCWest should post a community letter every 3 to 6 months to discuss the priorities, what you are currently working on, and your vision for the near future and in the next year or two.  Players' questions and concerns in the forums should be answered on a priority basis.
  2. Increase availability of gear for low to mid-level gear.  Bloody and Dark stones are probably the most urgent that need to be made more available.  Crystal of Dawn, PI scrolls, Forgotten Spellbooks, Elcyum, Star Signs, and Artifacts are other examples.  Maybe add some of these drops to Storm Isle and Crisis.  The biggest hurdle to having more players is how long and expensive it is to get decent enough gear to solo even at levels 105 to 110.  
  3. High-level gear parity with Korean servers.  There is no need for such austerity measures as we see in NCWest.  Level 120+ players should be able to obtain top-level gear.  Even the richest players only have a few top items at best.  Even if someone had the money, it often takes years to be able to find all the items you need for sale, for example dragon claws or Zariche blood.
  4. The ability to change classes or convert weapons and armors should be permanent features and not linked to the Red Libra event.  Instead of Chaos essences, you should be able to change to any class.
  5. Quality of Life class swap: swapping classes not being affected by the item limit was requested by NCWest long ago.  I hope when NC Korea makes this available, that we'll get it shortly after.
  6. Actually listen to players this time.  This is probably the 10th post like this I write since 2004.  Everytime NCWest asks for feedback, they end up ignoring the players.  Hopefully this time will be different.  Maybe it's my inner Charlie Brown hoping Lucy won't take the ball away this time.
  7. Expectations: Within 1-2 weeks, you should post a list of the actions you will take to address the issues, with a target date by which you will report back on each one.  For example, "Will investigate ways to make Bloody and Dark weapon/armor stones more available.  Will have a proposed solution in 30 days."  Then 30 days later, you report back "In the next update, we will be add bloody and dark weapon/armor stones to the droplist in Storm Isle.  Expected date is Mid-March 2023.".  Make those commitments, and meet or exceed them, and you will regain the trust of players, and the community will rebuild.  Ignore the players, and more players will leave, along with the revenue you used to make from them.

One positive note:

When I came back, I was able to gear an Eviscerator for 200-300$ for gear + 50$/month for runes/prestige.  With this I was able to get to level 110 in a short amount of time, which is better than how the game was 2 years ago when they made even the blazing swamp monsters impossible to kill in exalted gear.  Biggest challenge will be the 250-500$ of ncoins needed to buy an R110 bloody armor set.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Draganel said:

I have been playing Lineage 2 for years and every time i come back on official just makes me quit after 3 weeks of playing.

NCsoft does nothing to maintain their population as there is spending no matter what and i don't judge them, it's a business and they have to pay employees, they don't care about your 50$ you spend every event, they target those who spend 500-3000$/event. Those people won't leave the game as there is already an addiction and financial commitment to that, for those who are keep spending and commenting how bad NCsoft is treating you, you made it with your own hand, they saw the power of your spending and they offer you a nice platform to do so. If you want improvements then make sure you don't spend, when there are no profits from this game either they will improve it or kill it.

Gamming is well known as an addiction and man!!! this is a bloody good game to be addicted to so i don't blame anyone for being addicted to this and spend their money on it. But if you want changes, make sure you drive them to do so. They say "The customer is your Boss"...here it looks like the customer pays to get it up the (0). 

By the way Thanks NCsoft, opened 200 boxes and got materials worth of 50kkk, well done... i am so happy and thankful for your gratitude and magnificent rewards.

with this logic we shouldn't blame the drug dealer either just tell the person addicted to stop. Right? This company has ZERO ethics... NONE... they take advantage of an addiction.. and because the game industry isn't regulated they do everything that's illegal in a casino (for that very reason) and use it here in the game. The should be ashamed, but instead, they just remove the posts, silence people and ignore the rest. 

• Like 2

I don't know if it's too late for this poll or not, but too many good friends quit already. 

I agree with all Ando said, I played since Teon Franz etc back in 2005 when we were all happy with less.

IMO, the fact that all % chance is so low is also a high frustration rate. Enchant, craft, event boxes, etc., and mats only from events that we can't use to finish an item. Still missing claws for more than a year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Comments from an essence player:

Now I understand why we don't have PvE only servers (like the Korean ones), if it were done, the pvp servers would be empty.

PvP in this game should be optional and voluntary, PK with item drops (for those who die) is the stupidest thing in the essence version, besides you wasting your precious time, you can still lose items. I myself lost a lvl 2 Einhasad pendant that I was never able to recover.

Another important Feedback is about the Vanguard Class, it doesn't gain the riding skills, so it can't use the silent move skill to reach higher levels of TOI for example, this is outrageous because all other classes can.

There should be an option to use the silent move, even if it was like Shadow Dance in the past that if you performed an attack the skill would be disabled.

Number one problem with the server is there is no way for newish players to compete. You need to provide a path for players to get strong enough to do places like TOI and GC. Right now if anyone whose not Elzo and his goonies, tries to hunt anywhere like GoB, or cruma 2, they get pkd constantly because there is no recourse. Theres no longer a detriment to turning red, and even if you do want to pk them back, a character in top A grade does 0 damage to those with billions of adena worth of equip. If you want players to return to the server, make it a fair fight. Stop PrettyBoys from ruining the game for literally everyone else.

15 hours ago, RAOZAN said:

It would be interesting if there was a fishing event. It's been a long time since we've had this event.

We only ever had 2 fishing "events"... there was a Santa Clause Fishing event which AFAIK we only ever had once, and the Chef Monkey Fishing event(only had it 2X). Every other Fishing Promotion was just a L2 Store Limited time sale... they might get around to reworking the Fishing someday, but if I had 1k+ Bait coupons left-over from L2 store I'd find them quite useless nowadays.

• Like 1

Here is an idea:

1. Add more areas to hunt for players 76+ and up.  Everywhere is so saturated and new players cannot find a place to hunt that isn't already occupied once they reach that level.

2. Open up new areas and expand the map so older players will have something new to do and to explore.

3. Have more meaningful quests that give good rewards.  The current quests are terrible with petty rewards.

4. Fix all the mobs spawning on the rocks and getting stuck.  This has been a broken and ongoing issue since the server started.  At least allow the mobs to eventually move off the rocks themselves.

5. Increase the amount of mobs and their spawn rate, so players stop overlapping each other.

6. Add more rows or lines to the in-game macro tools so we can create better macros.

7. Add a tool or a tab in inventory that will consolidate and show you all your items that are time-limited and will expire.

8. Give purpose to dwarves with crafting or better spoils to bring more diversity and balance into the game.

9. Allow us to toggle "Master Skills" back and forth to "Ordinary Skills" so we are not forced to use spirit shots if it is not necessary.

10. Allow a function that allows you to "move all selected items" from one character to another in once click, instead of having to input the quantity EVERY TIME.

11. Give Hierophants the ability to buff the entire party similar to Doomcryers, so they can have purpose again.

12. Allow all dwarves the special ability to access their warehouse including clan warehouse wherever they are on the map.  For example, a dwarf in a catacomb does not have to go to town to access warehouse/clan warehouse.

13. Give high level Maestros and Fortune Seekers a skill that allows them to emulate a warehouse NPC, so other players can use them to access their personal and clan warehouses for a fee when they are not in town.

Thanks for reviewing all my ideas, and please add on to them if you can think of anything else to streamline, improve, & expand the game and its functionality.  I'll emphasize once more, that it would be awesome to bring meaning and purpose back to dwarves and prophets again.

Have a blessed day and see you in game...

9 hours ago, SAXnVl0LlNS said:

We only ever had 2 fishing "events"... there was a Santa Clause Fishing event which AFAIK we only ever had once, and the Chef Monkey Fishing event(only had it 2X). Every other Fishing Promotion was just a L2 Store Limited time sale... they might get around to reworking the Fishing someday, but if I had 1k+ Bait coupons left-over from L2 store I'd find them quite useless nowadays.

Yes, great idea!  Bring purpose back to fishing by giving great rewards and rare crafting materials to those who invest time in doing it.  Offer items that you can only attain through fishing and incorporate Maestros, by adding uncommon and rare crafting materials that can be crafted into powerful items or artifacts.  Heck yeah!