Live Server Maintenance: February 1, 2023

Wissp

2 minutes ago, Mete said:

if you do the actual math you 'll be disgusted.

8000 coins in Korea cost 39,000 Korean won (about $32)

one cookie costs (when they have this event) $0.004125 so over there 5% craft rates make sense, because for example an insanity attempted craft costs 15 cents and a dragon claw attempted craft costs 62 cents, it's a gamble with small change

over here an insanity attempted craft costs $33 and a dragon claw attempted craft costs $135 so it makes 0 sense with a 5% craft rate

YES we are paying 220+ times more (not 220%, 220x) what koreans pay for the same digital item, and we have 0 items relative to what korea has because shock horror people will not pay the equivalent of decent house to maybe get a dragon weapon

West rather sell a item for 1 grand to 1 person than have 1 000 people pay a dollar. stupid I know

5 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

were talking a quarter million dollars to get an item that 1 year ago cost someone 5-10 grand to make.

there is not a single good item in those boxes.  stage 1 god jewels. non super fire agath.  consumables.  Jamoa scrolls.   What big pull item will recoup the spend of a quarter million dollars to make that stage 3 potentially?

i very much disagree on this front.  the contents of this loot box are a joke.  the craft rates are a joke.  the prices are a joke.  the company who put this crap out is a joke.

Even if the list had all stage 3 god jewels, stage 3 DW and lvl 10 wings, it wouldn't matter because no one is pulling those big ticket items from loot boxes. If you are expecting to get those items from a loot box to make it worth it then you are truly gambling the lottery and dreaming of a fantasy world where everyone wins the lottery. Looking at it from a statistical value, we know the rates to get these items are incredibly like. Like 0.0000001% chance low. A 5T adena item with a 0.0000001% chance statistically increases the average value of a loot box by 5,000 adena. So why do you care what the big ticket items are? They are only there as click bait items. Just like the jackpot items on a slot machine.

So, loot boxes have value from the average of the items that you get. I don't usually pay for loot box events because I can't calculate the value of opening a box, but, the one event where I opened 700 boxes, the total value of the items I got was 55% over the going adena/ncoin rate. That event was profitable for me and I only pulled one item worth more than 8b adena and it was only worth 34b adena. I received lots of crap consumables and no big ticket items. Most of the value came from the items in the middle. Is this anecdotal evidence? Yes, but I haven't seen anyone provide any evidence to the contrary. I see so many people complain "all I get is worthless consumables!" but that's an blatant exaggeration. Yes, everyone gets a lot of consumables because the chance to get them is high, but people need to actually post all of what they're getting, calculate the total value of all items received, divide that value by the total NCoin spent and post it to the forum to prove to NCSoft that we're getting screwed. I don't recall ever seeing this happen.

If we had a mega thread where people posted what they got and calculated the total value divided by NCoin spent, that would give power to sway events in the right direction. I'm sure NCSoft is just ignoring all the complaints at this point because it's the same complaints every event.

This loot box event is probably even better than the average loot box event. There are brand new GK heaven/epic talisman enchants, dragon claws, advanced stable +16 to 18 scrolls, DW augment stones. All highly sought after and will sell easily.

8 hours ago, Wissp said:

Please note that maintenance is longer than usual this week due to some backend updates that are occurring. We appreciate your patience!

Bad copy + paste, it's a standard maintenance time, but I guess it's too much of a bother to read what you copy...

Cheers ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joebob said:

Even if the list had all stage 3 god jewels, stage 3 DW and lvl 10 wings, it wouldn't matter because no one is pulling those big ticket items from loot boxes. If you are expecting to get those items from a loot box to make it worth it then you are truly gambling the lottery and dreaming of a fantasy world where everyone wins the lottery. Looking at it from a statistical value, we know the rates to get these items are incredibly like. Like 0.0000001% chance low. A 5T adena item with a 0.0000001% chance statistically increases the average value of a loot box by 5,000 adena. So why do you care what the big ticket items are? They are only there as click bait items. Just like the jackpot items on a slot machine.

So, loot boxes have value from the average of the items that you get. I don't usually pay for loot box events because I can't calculate the value of opening a box, but, the one event where I opened 700 boxes, the total value of the items I got was 55% over the going adena/ncoin rate. That event was profitable for me and I only pulled one item worth more than 8b adena and it was only worth 34b adena. I received lots of crap consumables and no big ticket items. Most of the value came from the items in the middle. Is this anecdotal evidence? Yes, but I haven't seen anyone provide any evidence to the contrary. I see so many people complain "all I get is worthless consumables!" but that's an blatant exaggeration. Yes, everyone gets a lot of consumables because the chance to get them is high, but people need to actually post all of what they're getting, calculate the total value of all items received, divide that value by the total NCoin spent and post it to the forum to prove to NCSoft that we're getting screwed. I don't recall ever seeing this happen.

If we had a mega thread where people posted what they got and calculated the total value divided by NCoin spent, that would give power to sway events in the right direction. I'm sure NCSoft is just ignoring all the complaints at this point because it's the same complaints every event.

This loot box event is probably even better than the average loot box event. There are brand new GK heaven/epic talisman enchants, dragon claws, advanced stable +16 to 18 scrolls, DW augment stones. All highly sought after and will sell easily.

people post videos and data for years on loot boxes m8.

i opened 1k usd worth of boxes 2 events ago and literally got 200-250b of items.  i posted this in discord.

you say no one should plan to get a super item, but then u list 3-4 items that people will open to try and get that are super items?  Dragon claw?  how many loot boxes give these have you seen?  15-18 scrolls means the next event will be a horrid rate cloak event again. dw aug stones were given substantially cheaper with other events in the past. 3 items isnt much when there are 40-50 listed...

you still ignore the entire concept that someone must "GAMBLE" $250,000+ usd to "TRY" and make a stage 3 item.  this is insanity for any video game.

maybe 2-3 people who havent quit will try to open for the kain scroll specifically.  rest is bullshit items.

usually i agree with you on this stuff, not this time.  

ncsoft also completely ignored our feedback.

I think these events are the best thing that's happened so far. They are SO HORRIBLY BAD, I don't even pay attention to the game anymore. The  total disregard for the players  from  @Wissp and @Hermes has allowed me to simply laugh, and walk away. The request for feedback was a joke, the complete lack of awareness of how the game actually works, taking away our items WE PAID CASH FOR just for the lols... yeah.. THANK YOU, for making it easy to walk away from the dumpster fire!! 

Just waiting for that Throne and Liberty Release and I won't ever have to worry about dealing with NC Soft West as a publisher for a game EVER, EVER, EVER again! 

1 hour ago, iHyperlite said:

15-18 scrolls means the next event will be a horrid rate cloak event again.

not necessarily. They might decide next month to put a timer on them, and not run a cloak event for 6 months after the timer runs out

I think a full boycott would help NCSoft West understand they are failing the players. Not to mention, the legal issues surrounding selling items without an expiration date, and then deleting them without refunding, some of these folks are going to be out a few thousand dollars and whales that are going to be put on the hook are potentially going to be willing to lawyer up about that. 

2 hours ago, Kysannia said:

I think these events are the best thing that's happened so far. They are SO HORRIBLY BAD, I don't even pay attention to the game anymore. The  total disregard for the players  from  @Wissp and @Hermes has allowed me to simply laugh, and walk away. The request for feedback was a joke, the complete lack of awareness of how the game actually works, taking away our items WE PAID CASH FOR just for the lols... yeah.. THANK YOU, for making it easy to walk away from the dumpster fire!! 

Just waiting for that Throne and Liberty Release and I won't ever have to worry about dealing with NC Soft West as a publisher for a game EVER, EVER, EVER again! 

You do realize who is going to be running Throne & Liberty.......right?  RIGHT??

• Haha 2

While i fully agree with everyone on how BAD this event is, i urge you to not spend your dollar on this and also demand for INGAME content, not just cheaper claws.

They should be incentivizing people to play rather than "set and forget".

As soon as I log in, the most exciting thing is my ingame mails from Auction house (which in most cases are spammers for adena sales) and then i really feel like there is nothing i can do.

repetative dailies that I solo, and then nothing.

If there was some content that we could farm claws, or w/e we actually need, it would be interesting to play.

• Like 2

An other fail to your costumers , ncsoft you continue to fail us if you keep up like this all other servers have many people but here all start to queit so reconsider you see on your topic vote they vote only 201 people thats mean server is dead you push away all people and lead them to play illegal server and korean europe server exept here its the most expensive server and the only events you put is to take our money and give us back nothing you keep desapoiting us you put garbage event so think about change or you are the only one who gonna see your wallet empty soon get your shit together start play the game cause obviously noone of you play the game to understand all those players that want to keep alive your product you dont listen the players you lose the game .

They just looking for some....smart guys so they can get money from them...

Jesus so pathetic...this company falls down day by day......

NCSOFT.....TRY START TO RESPECT L2 PLAYERS PLZ..........................

STOP LOOKING INTO OUR POCKETS AND GIVE US SOMETHING WORTH TO SPEND NOT THOSE CRAPS

10 minutes ago, TasteOfSoulS said:

Wait, you don't even get 1 guaranteed cookie for 80 ncoin?

NOPE but their PROMOTION says you do.. 
so now the likelyhood of getting enough claws to make stage 3
at the rates players did their test sample, 2 cookies in 40 boxes
stg3 cost like 20million dollars literally

14 hours ago, ikanair said:

10,800 NCOIN for 5% for ONE dragon claw

100+USD for 5% Chance , come on guys this is super duper rate, you just need to spend minimum 12k USD (at 100% Craft rate) to get enough claws to upgrade

Super good deal for the idiots :D

Nice name for Lineage Aden:
Lineage II - Las Vegas or Lineage II - Cassino
Or The best option: Lineage ii - Slot Machine....

5 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

people post videos and data for years on loot boxes m8.

i opened 1k usd worth of boxes 2 events ago and literally got 200-250b of items.  i posted this in discord.

you say no one should plan to get a super item, but then u list 3-4 items that people will open to try and get that are super items?  Dragon claw?  how many loot boxes give these have you seen?  15-18 scrolls means the next event will be a horrid rate cloak event again. dw aug stones were given substantially cheaper with other events in the past. 3 items isnt much when there are 40-50 listed...

you still ignore the entire concept that someone must "GAMBLE" $250,000+ usd to "TRY" and make a stage 3 item.  this is insanity for any video game.

maybe 2-3 people who havent quit will try to open for the kain scroll specifically.  rest is bullshit items.

usually i agree with you on this stuff, not this time.  

ncsoft also completely ignored our feedback.

you paid hundreds of U$D for a 10% gamble chance on a stage 1 god jewel on a different event, same event here just different items.........yall need help, mentally

8 minutes ago, MacAulish said:

So instead of changing the promotion to match the description, they changed the description to match the promotion. Wow, talk about "bait and switch". Illegal AF.

I 'm pretty sure outside of North Korea etc that is considered fraud

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MacAulish said:

So instead of changing the promotion to match the description, they changed the description to match the promotion. Wow, talk about "bait and switch". Illegal AF.

So let me see if I got this right... You now have a "chance" to get a "Real Protection Cookie" for a 5% chance to get an item....  And you spend 72 NCCoin for a chance to get a cookie. That's just absurd