Live Server Maintenance: February 22, 2023

Primali

13 hours ago, Teribeth said:

To Play on European servers you need to install and run Lineage 2 from their webpage... Lineage 2 Europe — official site of the online game (4game.com) you can launch 1 client per PC free2play... to run multiple clients you need to pay, and you need to have 1-2 paid accounts logged in first... then you can still run 1 free account. Ncsoft West Launcher only plays games on NCsoft West servers(and they haven't had actual Lineage 2 servers in Europe since Innova became the Lineage 2 licensee distributor for Europe/Russia)

What??? This is madness... Thanks a lot for pointing this out to me and showing me the way, I really couldn't find it otherwise, but I'm staying exactly where I am now lol.

Considering that the game is the same I see in the NA servers, I don't see any reason why I should pay to even run a client, at that point I'd simply drop the game to play something else.

2 hours ago, LadySky89 said:

What??? This is madness... Thanks a lot for pointing this out to me and showing me the way, I really couldn't find it otherwise, but I'm staying exactly where I am now lol.

Considering that the game is the same I see in the NA servers, I don't see any reason why I should pay to even run a client, at that point I'd simply drop the game to play something else.

it's not the same, it's considerably cheaper to play in EU servers. They have einhasad etc, and consequently they not item starved like we are because we only generate items through random loot boxes

2 hours ago, LadySky89 said:

Are you not paying now to run a client, 1 way or another?  Destiny, prestige, all that crap?  I wouldn't start over but these NA servers are  as illegal and toxic as it gets.  They are going to get in trouble and it will end abruptly.  

On 2/21/2023 at 8:46 PM, Primali said:

The Augment Stone Pack promotion will start for 1 week!

Wondering how many people have bought and opened these packs? The website say you will open a random amount between "Four kinds of Augment Stone Packs are being added to the L2 Store! During this promotion, open these Augment Stone Packs and receive a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 100 Augment Stones!". I have open several packs and only received 10 stones each pack. I want the rates of getting more stones than 10 and I want to know if anybody has received more stones than 10 from a pack. I have submitted petitions and they simply say it's designed to be difficult; however, difficulty shouldn't be based on rates not provided and even lied about as I am pretty sure nobody is getting more than 10 stone per pack. @Hermeswith recent changes in NC leadership I hope you don't ignore customers who are asking for help and get attention to this deception and have it addressed a.s.a.p.

18 minutes ago, FocalPoint said:

Wondering how many people have bought and opened these packs? The website say you will open a random amount between "Four kinds of Augment Stone Packs are being added to the L2 Store! During this promotion, open these Augment Stone Packs and receive a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 100 Augment Stones!". I have open several packs and only received 10 stones each pack. I want the rates of getting more stones than 10 and I want to know if anybody has received more stones than 10 from a pack. I have submitted petitions and they simply say it's designed to be difficult; however, difficulty shouldn't be based on rates not provided and even lied about as I am pretty sure nobody is getting more than 10 stone per pack. @Hermeswith recent changes in NC leadership I hope you don't ignore customers who are asking for help and get attention to this deception and have it addressed a.s.a.p.

dude are you new to NCWest? ... the wording "between 10-100" is there to make you feel like you are not paying a buck per stone. Realistically you are paying a buck per stone, with a 0.0001 chance of getting more than 10

19 hours ago, Ballkain said:

Are you not paying now to run a client, 1 way or another?  Destiny, prestige, all that crap?  I wouldn't start over but these NA servers are  as illegal and toxic as it gets.  They are going to get in trouble and it will end abruptly.  

[Long story short] Not right now... I'm playing in the classic server, and very "casual" too... I played this game for 10 years, have been Queen, Hero and all the things... now I just don't feel like putting a lot of effort, my health wouldn't allow it anyway... 😂 Also the current situation, with nc soft choices and everything else, doesn't inspire me to spend any money on the game.

I figured very quickly that the Live game has become super grindy and p2w.. I was stuck in the Warthorn plains for days because every other area would be too much, but that area also became slow as the mobs have gotten a bit obsolete for my level. I imagine that the game is mostly "grind an area for days until you finish the quest, then with the new gear grind the next one (and next quest) for way longer, etc etc"... with most features transferred to the l2 shop, with spoilers out of the games, all there is left to do is a solo dungeon and dailies. They even removed fishing, I liked the mini game back then, and now baits are so expensive for a new player (and even the rod itself) that it's not worth to even start... besides, it's another thing you do in passive, as they removed the mini game entirely... People are so stressed that are not willing to pay even few extra adena when buying something off a new player, whereas in other games you often receive help for free.

While the game is more or less this in all modes now, I feel like I have more of a chance to feel some progression in classic than in Live or Aden, where adena is too inflated and you can't really get your hands on any meaningful treasure to sell without shopping. In classic, 10 mil adena can still get you something useful, as the game is slower and every grade of armor is still useful, in Live I have 400 mils, made through an event because there is no other way for me yet, and they're pretty much useless.

• Like 1