105 Instances and Events!

DarkStar

@Hermes I know you're probably swamped with work but take a serious look into the 105 daily instances. Maybe there's a bug or something but even the minions are like raid bosses. We all knew they we going to be more difficult but it's impossible to do dailies now for the average player and there's no point for new players to join because there were no incentives for new players or old players to return. Maybe take a look at the Japan/EU versions and see what they are doing. Japan has Black Coupon and other incentives, and the EU has an exp event going on. I'm looking forward to the Anniversary events to see what happens but right now I think players would like some feedback also. We don't know what's going on and speculation only leads to frustration when there's no feedback!

Kind regards...

DarkStar

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

HI,
I had returned to play after 2 years, I was carrying on but with this update they took away the many possibilities to play, even the drops decreased by %, I have had a prestige pack for 2 months but at this point I think I won't renew it anymore .

• Like 3

On 3/16/2023 at 8:00 PM, SoniaTrevi said:

@DarkStar

totally agree... but
a friend wrote the same thing as you and @connex and a few more told her to stop crying

this is the community we have so...

Don't be surprised if they tell you the same thing, the good players have left and these are still here...

so here is the deal.. 

I am a very old player that has returned to the game, comparing the game now to what it was in 2006 or 2007. things are way better now and I can write an entire essay about that. Instead ill give you a few bullet points to compare. I have played form 2005 to 2015 at the highest level, winning everything there is to win, having the most fun you could have.

Let me say that back in the day when you started the game, you had a naked toon to begin with. No exalted gear, no 400k shots nothing, mobs were dropping 7 adena in the starter areas and md No grade weapons were 40k with top ones being 200k.  Porting was 3000 adena and a ticket from Taliking island 18-20k for a level 20 player. 

The "absurd" princing, the low drop rates and all that are not new! Most people had at least 2 accounts if not 3 at least, 45$ per month, and most of the times, the progress was little to none. 

Those who did not quit were able to follow the gear updates, the rest that stopped myself included, have to play catch up, knowing is half the game and I can guarantee you there are a lot of info I am missing but i can tell you this. Personally, I do not hate, but for the past 19 years, complaining has brought no results/ improvements whatsoever so the sooner you realise it the faster you will move on.

Obviously a level 108 player does not make the same adena as a 112 and the same with the 115 ones. In short, 105 is the new 40, 110 is the new 61, 115 is the new 76 and 120 is the new 80, for those that are stuck in the C5 era. 

Lastly, I will rephrase your last sentence, the snowflakes have left the game, people with thicker skin are still around. I just dont sugarcoat things and rather tell the truth in your face.

What you should take from this is that people with patience and determination will keep on playing the game, whether you like it or not, the game has a good 10+ years ahead, there are 2 more dragons !

PS. if you played the game for a long time adding the value of the 2,3 or 4 accounts into Ncoin, you would be 117+ and be able to farm, 30-40bil a week. 

PS2. For obvious reasons, adena is non existant in lower level areas BUT you can easily make 3,5bil a month, that can cover porting around/shots and still save 3b.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Arthur said:

Today we tried to make Dailys105 with a party of 112 +
- Fail
What's wrong with those daily

a LOT of people bandwagon dailies with alts, they just put a +12 weapon and a cloak they have from main and join the party. This could be the case before the update but apparently now you need gear to do those now!

An easy solution is to start joining clans once again so people can help each other. Additionaly, people have forgotten how to use hands as well as basic gameplay. Everyone is comfortable by using Z and let the game do everything for them!  

5 minutes ago, Connex said:

a LOT of people bandwagon dailies with alts, they just put a +12 weapon and a cloak they have from main and join the party. This could be the case before the update but apparently now you need gear to do those now!

An easy solution is to start joining clans once again so people can help each other. Additionaly, people have forgotten how to use hands as well as basic gameplay. Everyone is comfortable by using Z and let the game do everything for them!  

cloak +8 Weapon +18 and a great ruby lvl 3

Are you saying that this equipment is not enough to perform the usual daily 105?
Ordinary daily105 Karl !!!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Connex said:

so here is the deal.. 

I am a very old player that has returned to the game, comparing the game now to what it was in 2006 or 2007. things are way better now and I can write an entire essay about that. Instead ill give you a few bullet points to compare. I have played form 2005 to 2015 at the highest level, winning everything there is to win, having the most fun you could have.

Let me say that back in the day when you started the game, you had a naked toon to begin with. No exalted gear, no 400k shots nothing, mobs were dropping 7 adena in the starter areas and md No grade weapons were 40k with top ones being 200k.  Porting was 3000 adena and a ticket from Taliking island 18-20k for a level 20 player. 

The "absurd" princing, the low drop rates and all that are not new! Most people had at least 2 accounts if not 3 at least, 45$ per month, and most of the times, the progress was little to none. 

Those who did not quit were able to follow the gear updates, the rest that stopped myself included, have to play catch up, knowing is half the game and I can guarantee you there are a lot of info I am missing but i can tell you this. Personally, I do not hate, but for the past 19 years, complaining has brought no results/ improvements whatsoever so the sooner you realise it the faster you will move on.

Obviously a level 108 player does not make the same adena as a 112 and the same with the 115 ones. In short, 105 is the new 40, 110 is the new 61, 115 is the new 76 and 120 is the new 80, for those that are stuck in the C5 era. 

Lastly, I will rephrase your last sentence, the snowflakes have left the game, people with thicker skin are still around. I just dont sugarcoat things and rather tell the truth in your face.

What you should take from this is that people with patience and determination will keep on playing the game, whether you like it or not, the game has a good 10+ years ahead, there are 2 more dragons !

PS. if you played the game for a long time adding the value of the 2,3 or 4 accounts into Ncoin, you would be 117+ and be able to farm, 30-40bil a week. 

PS2. For obvious reasons, adena is non existant in lower level areas BUT you can easily make 3,5bil a month, that can cover porting around/shots and still save 3b.

Amazing, there are still few actual players left around.

Everyone that complains, read this man's post carefully.

Having everything handed to you and complaining is absurd.

5 minutes ago, Arthur said:

cloak +8 Weapon +18 and a great ruby lvl 3

Are you saying that this equipment is not enough to perform the usual daily 105?
Ordinary daily105 Karl !!!

this is not 2008 when all you needed was a drac set, a +7 bow and 4/5 epics.

Personally I am not saying anything, but people need to learn to read between the lines. 

Great, you have 3 items! there is a total of 59 slots for gear what do you have on the remaining 56?  you could have a stage 3 Weapon, and still fail if you only had that.

4 minutes ago, Connex said:

this is not 2008 when all you needed was a drac set, a +7 bow and 4/5 epics.

Personally I am not saying anything, but people need to learn to read between the lines. 

Great, you have 3 items! there is a total of 59 slots for gear what do you have on the remaining 56? 

I'm trying to convey to you the idea that these are ordinary daily but not Epics and not PVP and no Raid Bosses
I've been playing here for a long time, but what will new players who came here recently do? Can you guess or do you need a hint?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

one of the problem is the upgrade path taken by some players...your better off with many small to mid upgrades then 1 big. ok i get it that everyone wanna have that +21 weapon cause it glows nice and all...but if you have nothing to go along with it, it is kinda pointless...

for the same amount of a +21 weapon you can get the basic talisman needed for damage mitigation, a +12 limited weapon, an R-110 armor set and some basic jewels, an artifact book filled even if not enchanted...i mean its the basics. you will get a way better experience using that upgrade path then aiming for the 1 big thing thern sit on it for months.

jut my 2 cents... :) 

• Like 1

I totaly agree with players they call them dailies not epic bosses or etc. if people cant do dailies its not dailies anymore its epic conquest :D 

Tho never been a fan of dailies , good exp but a time waste in a month I do dailies twice if i'm not bored

• Like 3

Just now, Arthur said:

I'm trying to convey to you the idea that these are ordinary daily but not Epics and not PVP and no Raid Bosses
I've been playing here for a long time, but what will new players who came here recently do? Can you guess or do you need a hint?

may of 2021, do you remember the "element adjustment" they did on mobs 107+? Do you remember that people could not do IoS due to mobs hitting like trucks?

What I did cuz at the time I had +10 R99 light, was to think the options that I had, +10 R110 was out of the question so I removed all wind defense and added full earth resist and was able to go back in and do it. 

The morale of this little trip down memory lane is that people need to THINK for once on how to do things. Most people are not even aware of the basic game mechanics, which by the way have changed a lot.  Why is it so weird when you need to make some adjustments to your gameplay?

It is written in the patch notes that the 105 daylies have 110 mobs all the way to 120, the 105 is a way to "help" friends that are lower level than you.

Finally, most need to rethink what "having gear" means vs what they have. 

Lastly, make a stacked party, get a tank, iss, healer, an 4 dd's and go do it. In most games, the "new content" is hard and people fail a couple of times before getting it right, I agree this is not " brand new content" but we just had an update that had instances reworked.

Maybe this will get people to also play support instead of an undergeared DD? There are more worthless DD's  in teh game than usefull boxed support. 

8 minutes ago, Connex said:

may of 2021, do you remember the "element adjustment" they did on mobs 107+? Do you remember that people could not do IoS due to mobs hitting like trucks?

What I did cuz at the time I had +10 R99 light, was to think the options that I had, +10 R110 was out of the question so I removed all wind defense and added full earth resist and was able to go back in and do it. 

The morale of this little trip down memory lane is that people need to THINK for once on how to do things. Most people are not even aware of the basic game mechanics, which by the way have changed a lot.  Why is it so weird when you need to make some adjustments to your gameplay?

It is written in the patch notes that the 105 daylies have 110 mobs all the way to 120, the 105 is a way to "help" friends that are lower level than you.

Finally, most need to rethink what "having gear" means vs what they have. 

Lastly, make a stacked party, get a tank, iss, healer, an 4 dd's and go do it. In most games, the "new content" is hard and people fail a couple of times before getting it right, I agree this is not " brand new content" but we just had an update that had instances reworked.

Maybe this will get people to also play support instead of an undergeared DD? There are more worthless DD's  in teh game than usefull boxed support. 

It's funny to read people here who apparently write without even knowing what, did you personally test this game after the patch, tell me honestly?
If not, then why argue with those who tested it?

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur said:

It's funny to read people here who apparently write without even knowing what, did you personally test this game after the patch, tell me honestly?
If not, then why argue with those who tested it?

yes I did 105 daylies, I am 112, they were harder  but we did it with 2 DD's...

i guess it helped that we both had stage1 weapons

1 minute ago, SoniaTrevi said:

@Connex

look, your arguments seem fine to me and you describe it very well ... but unlike you I don't call new players whiners in their complaints

I have no problem doing daily but I have empathy with those who can't and instead of calling them crybabies I support them

I have never played any other version of the game, nor any other server, I have played official since 2005, this sort of imprinted in me how hard the game is and learned to ignore what I cannot do or work around what I can benefit from also cope with the struggle and be able to navigate through all the obstacles that may occur while playing.

99% here are grown men, if you cannot handle the truth for a game then I am speechless...

7 minutes ago, Valinakova said:

@Connex, how much gear were you using? Like how much Adena is your total gear worth.  Will give us a better idea as to whether the dailies are overtuned or not.  

oh they are overtuned, no doubt about it BUT if you make a stacked party, with your healer, a tank, an ISS and 4 dd's and play with hands, you will be able to do it.

People are used to having 1-2 DD's do the damage and the rest were autofollow boxes. Well that is not the case anymore.

Forget what gear I have!  the only over the top items I have is a stg1 bow and a GK neck, everything else is what any1 would consider normal items, +5 radiant circlet, +3 dragon shirt, +5 top artifact book, +5 top kaliel bracelet with +4 artifacts and +7/8 agations... I do however have good auguments on everything!

He is right to question the difficulty of instances. The same is happening inside the game. Not in your world.

A novice player can reach level 105 in 4/5 days.

Is this time enough for a player to equip themselves decently?

If the instance has lvl 105, does the player need to wait months to be able to do it?

I respectfully ask you to step off your pedestal and understand that the game is for everyone.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Valinakova said:

@Connex, how much gear were you using? Like how much Adena is your total gear worth.  Will give us a better idea as to whether the dailies are overtuned or not.  

you know what? 

How about you ask the rest what classes they play and what gear they have, especially those that have "a hard time" doing dailies, i guarantee you that they do not have more than 250b worth of gear and try to play classes like tyr or archer.

why not play the most broken class there is available (Evis) so thery can farm easily and later on take advantage of similar events to powerlevel the class they want to play? most people do not even have dual classes and they are missing out on a few good freebies they can benefot from i.e dualclass skills.

I cant remember how many times I have said it, but i have an 108 eviscerator with 2 items on it, besides a +0 blessed exalted set, it TEARS through mobs! the insignificat items cost 3 bil, a R99 PVE belt and a +5 scorpio, something that is accessible to everyone. Instead people aim for the top items that cannot afford and classes that require 10x the amount of gear an Eviscerator needs.

Just now, Kaneda said:

He is right to question the difficulty of instances. The same is happening inside the game. Not in your world.

A novice player can reach level 105 in 4/5 days.

Is this time enough for a player to equip themselves decently?

If the instance has lvl 105, does the player need to wait months to be able to do it?

I respectfully ask you to step off your pedestal and understand that the game is for everyone.

jesus f.....

The instance has 105 entry level but ALL 105 instances have 110 mobs, they are designed for 109-114 players, same with the 110 instance, it has 115 level mobs and IF you are lucky at 115 you MIGHT find a party to do them, most look or people 116+

I do not make the rules, i just mention what is posted on the patch notes. 

since you mention that, lets look at the hunting grounds, Imperial Tomb, you can enter at 105 but can you kill anything? Jamoa/ Pantheon etc... When it happens once, it may be a mistake, if it happens on ALL instances it is a pattern.

I just read the last sentence, or I would have lead with that! 

WTF you mean the game is for everyone? Where did I say that it is not? 

What I am saying and apparently I cannot get through your thick skull is that the game was never easy, just because you get some gear now for free, it does not mean that you should be able to do all the content that is available. Lineage 2 has always been like that since forever. Other games operate differently, L2 has its own way. It's either adapt or stop.

Big part of the game has always been figuring out how to do things, L2 was never big on guides it was mostly small groups of people figuring what to do next.

51 minutes ago, Connex said:

What I am saying and apparently I cannot get through your thick skull is that the game was never easy, just because you get some gear now for free, it does not mean that you should be able to do all the content that is available. Lineage 2 has always been like that since forever. Other games operate differently, L2 has its own way. It's either adapt or stop.

This game wasn't always DIFFICULT it was always DIFFERENT
This game is constantly changing, including the balance.
There were times in order to kill Ant Queen or Antharas it was necessary to gather about 7-10 clans, then 1 party began to beat Antaras
In Inerlude, Destroyers solo killed Raid Bosses, and if they took a bow in their hands, they were stronger than archers.

I have been trying for some time to convey to you an idea that does not reach you.
If we want the server to develop, so that new people would come and play here, then it is necessary that it be conditionally divided into 2 parts: 1 part of the game requires good equipment - these are Epics, Raid Bosses, Castle sieges - this is a struggle for dominance on the server
But there should be a part 2 of the game for comfortable development, the game should have a balance so that players reaching level 105 have an interesting game just like players 115+, otherwise you will play on this server with yourself.

• Thanks 1

at 112 with dragon weapons and a full live party you should be doing 110 dailies, not boasting about how you can 105 with effort

it's the equivalent of me at 122 bragging I can drag 6 boxes through 105 krofin without breaking a sweat. How e-mazing

and no 105 SHOULD NOT require dragon weapons to complete. A 109 party with ok gear in the R110 range  should be able to do them, otherwise call them all 115 dailies and be done with it

ps if 105 is the chronicle equivalent of level 40, you are basically arguing you should be 61 with full A grade to do .... your second class change quests

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Connex said:

jesus f.....

The instance has 105 entry level but ALL 105 instances have 110 mobs, they are designed for 109-114 players, same with the 110 instance, it has 115 level mobs and IF you are lucky at 115 you MIGHT find a party to do them, most look or people 116+

I do not make the rules, i just mention what is posted on the patch notes. 

since you mention that, lets look at the hunting grounds, Imperial Tomb, you can enter at 105 but can you kill anything? Jamoa/ Pantheon etc... When it happens once, it may be a mistake, if it happens on ALL instances it is a pattern.

I just read the last sentence, or I would have lead with that! 

WTF you mean the game is for everyone? Where did I say that it is not? 

Big part of the game has always been figuring out how to do things, L2 was never big on guides it was mostly small groups of people figuring what to do next.

What part did you not understand that the problem is not the lvl of the mobs but the difficulty level that has increased significantly?

Stop trying to level others up based on your playtime or GEARS.

It's so hard that within the game MANY people are considering it as some kind of bug.

So why do you insist on questioning the abilities of others?

I'm not here asking for gifts or for mobs to die with 5 hits, just asking you to study the situation and take into account the reality of the MOST players on the server.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1