more critical damage for mages

On 3/28/2023 at 3:38 PM, Congliostron said:

Where is the balancing of classes in the game?

next year... summoners get a boost, you can either red libra now or wait till the updae and change to summoner.... be a more usefull class!

On 4/2/2023 at 10:24 AM, Connex said:

next year... summoners get a boost, you can either red libra now or wait till the updae and change to summoner.... be a more usefull class!

@Connex  Give me a break. A few months ago, Summoners "weren't" a useful class and now you're changing your tune and saying that "maybe" after an update NEXT year they will be and Feohs are no longer included in the "uaeful" category?? Get a grip.

1 hour ago, Sharlanna said:

@Connex  Give me a break. A few months ago, Summoners "weren't" a useful class and now you're changing your tune and saying that "maybe" after an update NEXT year they will be and Feohs are no longer included in the "uaeful" category?? Get a grip.

oh ffs... i was being sarcastic! he has been spamming the thread for like a week like this is going to change anything.

37 minutes ago, Connex said:

oh ffs... i was being sarcastic! he has been spamming the thread for like a week like this is going to change anything.

It sure as hell didn't sound sarcastic to me and I know he's been spamming about the mage crit rate cap. Don't read the thread if you don't like it. Simple.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

It sure as hell didn't sound sarcastic to me and I know he's been spamming about the mage crit rate cap. Don't read the thread if you don't like it. Simple.

let me use your logic back at you... why dont you mind your own buusiness instead of getting in my way fo trolling someone?

4 hours ago, Connex said:

let me use your logic back at you... why dont you mind your own buusiness instead of getting in my way fo trolling someone?

I'm a 118 Feoh. This IS my business! Now be a good little  boy and go troll someone else. You're the one that has no business here!

14 minutes ago, Sharlanna said:

I'm a 118 Feoh. This IS my business! Now be a good little  boy and go troll someone else. You're the one that has no business here!

i could but it will be as fun.. so 118 Feoh! Niiiiice, did you hear about this event that comes around twice a year and allows you to change to a usefull class? Its called red libra, you should check it out!

Jokes aside, I love mages, I used to be a spellhowler for the longest time and a Feoh when GoD launched, they are fun and used to be amazing to aoe with! 

2 hours ago, Connex said:

i could but it will be as fun.. so 118 Feoh! Niiiiice, did you hear about this event that comes around twice a year and allows you to change to a usefull class? Its called red libra, you should check it out!

Jokes aside, I love mages, I used to be a spellhowler for the longest time and a Feoh when GoD launched, they are fun and used to be amazing to aoe with! 

go go ncsoft p skill critical rate limit 50% 

• Like 1

What i notice, changing main for feoh. The mage class needs rework. The damage formula needs rework. Especially in instances and boss. The class should make more damage, comparable to other physical damage dealers. Also it needs a mana barrier boost. Because you lose mana too fast and you are one shot, even from monsters.. And with no mana, you are useless.. Hope one day they will look into mages too.. At the moment is DK time to shine and tyrrs.. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SoniaTrevi said:

I had a wizard a long time ago and they were already powerful like the yul.

now it's time to upgrade the tyr (long abandoned)

but there are several classes that are even further behind

healers

summoners

lovely

daggers

tanks (except the DK)

These classes need more empowerment so that the servers are not exclusive territory for the Aoe in cultivation. I think if a healer could hunt at the same level as an archer or wizard of the same level and equipment

We would see more active healers, as well as the other classes mentioned.

but..... that will not happen we will continue to have these marginalized classes and as backpacks

dk .yul .mage and tyr is the only thing with which you can farm more or less well (with medium equipment)

My opinion is that mages are very powerful but require a lot of money invested to be a destroyer (like all farming classes).

This has to be a joke, please tell me you were being ironic...

Time to upgrade the long abandoned tyrr? Do you realize tyrr is top dd atm, not counting dk which is technically support (tank)? Are you even playing the same game?

Do you realize that even game developers admit that feoh is way behind damage wise compared to the other dd classes due to some dmg mechanism that is not reaching its goal, and yet you consider tyrr needs un upgrade?

Are you aware summoners just got an upgrade last week?

And are you really asking for support classes to deal same dmg as dds (i'm not sure what you mean by lovely class, but i assume it's iss)? This already happened with dk and it threw the game balance out the window. Just look at Mixa's post...

While it is true that support classes are becoming more and more useless, adding the same dmg as top dd classes is definitively not the solution, quite the opposite, as we've seen with dk. 

Also, while it is true that any class performs well when equipped with top items, atm a dk/tyrr/yul will always outperform, and by far, an equally geared feoh.

Edited by Domi001
  • Like 1

Every claases has a goal and a gameplay behind that u can learn to put in you'r favor.

The main problem is not mages, or whatsoever, its the gear that are in our version of the game favoritizing claases over other claases.

For exemple Feoh in Core server are doing great damage, the gear gap is lower, and they don't have gods jewel. 

Feoh can play defensive in oly and be unbeatable (in korea it happens) and be not that good as DD for PVE bcz not enough crit. this is an exemple,   a pure balance can't exist, there's always claases that in general will be stronger than yours and vice versa! 

now i can understand its frustrating,  i was myself always a tyrr and before they fixed our claas we couldnt do damage like mages/archers! but i found out a way to be useful still and it was (stunning) my enemies,  debuffing them so they lose pdef so other DD can kill etc,    every claases can be good! balance will never exist, just play what u like and what makes you happy in general

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SoniaTrevi said:

I still think that mages are very powerful. 

Can you please share what's the basis of this opinion?

I mean, there is no argument against the fact that, at least PVE wise, feoh is by far the worst of the aoe damage dealers, and at the same time, by far the worst single target dd (i don't think ST is even an option for feoh any more).

I don't know about Core, but even on our servers feohs perform a lot poorer than equally geared tyrrs/dks/yuls even way before the gods jewel level of equipment, which seems to be the main difference between the servers. Perhaps feohs deal great dmg on Core, but is this dmg comparable to equally geared top dds?

So what is it that makes you think mages are very powerful? Maybe they are, compared to the support classes that you want to deal the same dmg as top dds, while still being able to heal, buff, etc...

Anyway, this is a non-subject, since even the devs already publicly acknowledged that there is clearly a problem regarding the dmg calculation for feohs, which is not ''working as intended'', and are taking action to remedy the situation. To what that leads, we can only wait and see, but maybe, just maybe, you might reconsider claiming that mages are very powerful against all evidence.

I also agree with iAndouille, there can never be perfect balance, there always have to be compensation for utility against pure dmg, but that is neither the subject of this topic, nor the subject of your post. 

2 hours ago, SoniaTrevi said:

I still think that mages are very powerful.

Well its your opinion but damm...  even outdated and less gear having dagger outperforms mage on damage per second the only benefit is AOE which is slow and with bad critical  rate , by the time i hit 3 skills dagger with lower gear kills 4mobs , obviously I kill whole group in same time , but mages are paper even with mana armor , so the only benefit should be huge damage and bad defence as it always used to be... 

Not talking about basic physical attacks (/attack) which melee classes have in-between skills , critical damage on those with counter critical is higher than skill dmg.. and maximum attack speed , while magic critical speed is max also but is limited to skill cast times.. 

I don't think you listen, the issue isn't crit dmg limit, it's the LACK of gear in the server and mage gear at that. 

you already have mana barrier, infinte dash, aoe, etc. 

do you want steel mind and guts too? Heck lets throw uD in to make you even more OP..
don't believe me, go fight grinman or pepinio. 

If a mage is properly geared, if NC put the gear in game you have all need to balance this class, this isn't an issue....