more critical damage for mages

'Resistance' may occur when performing or receiving magical attacks.
Physical attacks are only affected by defense, but
Magic attacks generate 1/2 'resistance' according to probability prior to magic resistance,
Additional damage may be reduced.
With this setting, it is judged that magic attacks receive an additional penalty compared to physical
We plan to remove the resistance probability and reorganize it so that only magic resistance is affected.
● UPDATE 02: Magic Critical Probability Correction
Magic has a lower critical rate compared to physical,
The characteristic is designed to give a large one-hit damage when a critical is activated.
However, it was determined that this setting halved the efficiency and fun of the current magic class.
Therefore, we plan to alleviate magic critical hurdles by distributing the balance that is focused on skill power and effects.

This is from Korean L2 forum.

But hey, he's only the director of Lineage 2 development room, he can't be right, can he? 

Nah, he doesn't know lineage 2 as well as we do, right? It's clearly only LACK of mage gear (as if the lack of gear would only affect mage classes...), and it's not like people would compare equally geared toons, because we don't ''listen''.

Quickly, someone point out to them that it's only lack of mage gear that ''halved the efficiency and fun of the current magic class'', before they make a terrible mistake... (/irony off, in case it's not obvious).

1 hour ago, Domi001 said:
'Resistance' may occur when performing or receiving magical attacks.

Physical attacks are only affected by defense, but
Magic attacks generate 1/2 'resistance' according to probability prior to magic resistance,
Additional damage may be reduced.

With this setting, it is judged that magic attacks receive an additional penalty compared to physical
We plan to remove the resistance probability and reorganize it so that only magic resistance is affected.

● UPDATE 02: Magic Critical Probability Correction
Magic has a lower critical rate compared to physical,
The characteristic is designed to give a large one-hit damage when a critical is activated.

However, it was determined that this setting halved the efficiency and fun of the current magic class.
Therefore, we plan to alleviate magic critical hurdles by distributing the balance that is focused on skill power and effects.

This is from Korean L2 forum.

But hey, he's only the director of Lineage 2 development room, he can't be right, can he? 

Nah, he doesn't know lineage 2 as well as we do, right? It's clearly only LACK of mage gear (as if the lack of gear would only affect mage classes...), and it's not like people would compare equally geared toons, because we don't ''listen''.

Quickly, someone point out to them that it's only lack of mage gear that ''halved the efficiency and fun of the current magic class'', before they make a terrible mistake... (/irony off, in case it's not obvious).

you change that balance, the nuker will be unbeatable with mana barrier by any class. in top gear vs top gear mage basically are atm. They can already fill the arena with 4x aoe, add that balance adjustment to it, they will be worse than seer. You will see.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:00 PM, Domi001 said:

This has to be a joke, please tell me you were being ironic...

Time to upgrade the long abandoned tyrr? Do you realize tyrr is top dd atm, not counting dk which is technically support (tank)? Are you even playing the same game?

Do you realize that even game developers admit that feoh is way behind damage wise compared to the other dd classes due to some dmg mechanism that is not reaching its goal, and yet you consider tyrr needs un upgrade?

Are you aware summoners just got an upgrade last week?

And are you really asking for support classes to deal same dmg as dds (i'm not sure what you mean by lovely class, but i assume it's iss)? This already happened with dk and it threw the game balance out the window. Just look at Mixa's post...

While it is true that support classes are becoming more and more useless, adding the same dmg as top dd classes is definitively not the solution, quite the opposite, as we've seen with dk. 

Also, while it is true that any class performs well when equipped with top items, atm a dk/tyrr/yul will always outperform, and by far, an equally geared feoh.

Interesting your argument (using google translator), you are saying that a support cannot have improved damage, for what reason? What advantages do they have against classic DDs? Of course, each class should have a role in the game, but NCsoft itself destroyed this when it allowed DDs to have a lot of physical resistance, whether warrior DDs or mages DDs. Let's analyze, a warrior's physical damage is always fixed, and a warrior's critical demage is always less than a mage's critical demage. I'll give you an example, while a warrior when he hits a critical demage he deals 10k of damage, a mage when he hits a magic critical, he will deal about 40k of damage, and this is an example, the DDs that will do greater damage are those that have half Kill, like Othel Rogue and archers who have skills that give a chance of Half Kill. I think it's even valid for mages to ask to increase the chance of magic crit, as long as it reduces the Feoh's critical magic damage, because I'm sure that if mages manage to hit without stopping magic crits, nobody will beat them either in PVP or in the Olympics .

And yes, I also defend that the supports are improved, that they can turn around alone, because the DDs, the mages can go to the instances, farm xp using an Iss to be able to use buff and heal and turn around alone, while a support cannot do that. But you will say, make a mage or another DD to evolve your support, this is the problem, basically this is the problem, the game was created to work in a party with everyone helping each other, but the resistance of the DDs evolved so much , of the mages, who today dispense with the Sigel, the Healer and only use the Iss due to the Buff.

So yes, increase the damage of Sigel Knights, Iss and Healers to be able to level up alone, evolve alone. That's why the game is dying, because it's a game that the company forgets that there are players who like a support character. Sigel is a class to be a defense class, but it is a defense class that is a joke, it takes high damage, its defense skills all have absurdly high reuse, while the skills to improve the damage of DDs, of mages, simply have extremely low reuse. Sigel Knight's UDs have a 15-minute reuse, another has a 10-minute reuse, they think that's fair, Sigel is going to the Olympics, and if you use his UD, you'll have to wait for the third round, if you manage to take it to the third round , meanwhile, several DD classes, including mages, when they use a powerful skill of theirs that increase their damage, their crits and etc, he already uses it in the second round or if he is in a PVP, he will have his skills that make more appealing ready for use in a short time, while Sigel, which should be a defense class, has to manage not to die, because two of his defense skills have a 15-minute cooldown, another has a 10-minute cooldown.

That's why Lineage never managed to have the absurd amount of players like WOW has, there yes all characters and classes have the ability to win in a PVP, they can level up alone, evolve alone, turn around alone, there a tank gives low damage, but the extremely high defense makes him able and has a chance to defeat a DD, a mage, as this is class balance, not here, a Sigel, a defense class, who cannot hold a Feoh for a long time, as his skills always have high reuse, his defense skills are worse than the defense skills of DDs, like Feoh that prevents him from taking damage, Sigel is always taking damage, a Sigel in olympics always has a disadvantage against the Mage, because he has a mana shield, as the sigel gives low damage, he will never be able to burn Feoh's mana, even more that Feoh can convert HP into Mana, a Healer will never be able to defeat a Mage, because the Healer's magic damage is low, so he can never burn the mage's mana with the mana shield activated, an Iss is the same thing, but a mage will defeat them, because their magic damage despite the critical having a lower chance than the Warrior, their critical damage is high, right?

Like i said in my first post, i agree that something needs to be done for support classes, i agree that they are becoming impossible to play as main and people just dual box them, but giving them the same damage as top dds is certainly not the solution.

I mean, if you had the option to play a class that deals the same dmg as the top dd of the moment, but at the same time it can heal itself and all party like the best healer, why would you play a pure dd?

Ironically, the question is not even hypothetical any more, since dk was introduced...  

A dk alone, which is a tank, farms xp and adena a lot better than a feoh a few levels higher and with way better gear that has a few support classes in party, how is this fair to you? Do you actually want that to happen to all support classes?

Anyway, i may have made myself misunderstood, i'm not against improving the gameplay for support classes, i actually fully agree with that (i tried to play dominator as main class, and failed miserably), but this is not the subject of this topic.

As to the actual topic, just try, or ask a friend who has a high level feoh to try to farm some instances (toi, atellia, ios) or world zones (beast farm, etc) in the same conditions as an equally geared tyrr or yul or even the support class dk, and you will see that at this stage, feoh is not a support class, but it can not perform properly it's role as a dd either.

if you mentioned support in previous chat, I take disadvanteges of tanks (no DK).

You mentioned protection that have tanks. In PvP against mages, DK, tyrrs, othels, yuls even healers (especially on OLY) they loose. Tanks have UD that have damage limit, we can easy die with UD on. UD have long reause, but with abilities , Eva, the time will be reduced. Its will be not good if tanks have perma UD, but reuse time should be slightly improve. The UD miss total protection to any damage. Also tank agro is worst compare tyrr provoke and also big damage to mobs make it atack atacker and tank only see running mobs away. 

Increasing damage is for me not the right way. Tank must be needed in party to make protection and additional support. We have frenzy to support party (could be improved). Why not bring some kind of additional solidarity buffs (+XP, +P.def, +M.def, +atacks, +adena +drop) to party that have tank, heal, iss included? This for sure will also helps playing together. 

@SoniaTrevi

Still think mages are very powerful and support classes need to deal more dmg?

This guy is farming better on his less equipped iss than on his main toon feoh. I also had a friend who's main iss was doing almost as good as my main feoh, only he was  few levels lower.

This is the state of feoh, pve wise, i'm not talking about pvp since you need to sell your house to even think about trying pvp as a feoh.

Sadly, some people still think mages are very powerful and need no change, and more dmg should be given to supports...

11 hours ago, AshesOfAden said:

Are you talking about pvp or pve? As in pve take any class physical class(even iss) put same gear as feoh (obviously ruby instead of sapphire and cat's eyes accordingly) 

With same medium gear with iss I farm faster just with one skill and basic attacks than with my mage in pantheons museum and other instances and I got only greater ruby no cat's eye, standard +12 limited dual blunts +3 artifacts and common talismans,

Mage is slightly higher lvl with dw stage 1 weapon and +7 artifacts (overall better gear almost 2x than i got on iss..)

So dont tell my about pve and magic armor its most ridiculous thing.. I've tried atelia even with single attacks with mage I'm struggling to maintain mp...

with my iss which is my farm char at the moment i dont see any sweat to solo single mobs as lifesteal with max attack speed and criticall rate+counter critical buff every few seconds holds hp better than slow skill-reuse chained mage..

PvP wise enchant your jewels not just armor for pve and you will feel the difference in damage , as its alright saying mage does so an so , yes your armor is +8? +10? And jewels what +3 or +0?

and at the moment all pvp is who pops all skills and "who one shots who first" with mage if you dont land crit which is 30% you dont deal damage to equally equipped dd with decent Jewelery +12 or higher ,as with basic attacks you can drain mp to 0 with mana armor.. pop one vulnerability skill use your 1500 attack speed and basic attacks and you will make any mage useless without mp within seconds..

On 4/18/2023 at 11:46 PM, Rotten said:

I don't think you listen, the issue isn't crit dmg limit, it's the LACK of gear in the server and mage gear at that. 

you already have mana barrier, infinte dash, aoe, etc. 

do you want steel mind and guts too? Heck lets throw uD in to make you even more OP..
don't believe me, go fight grinman or pepinio. 

If a mage is properly geared, if NC put the gear in game you have all need to balance this class, this isn't an issue....

u clearly dont know what u even talk about so go back to ur cave

On 4/19/2023 at 10:43 AM, Uriel831 said:

if you mentioned support in previous chat, I take disadvanteges of tanks (no DK).

You mentioned protection that have tanks. In PvP against mages, DK, tyrrs, othels, yuls even healers (especially on OLY) they loose. Tanks have UD that have damage limit, we can easy die with UD on. UD have long reause, but with abilities , Eva, the time will be reduced. Its will be not good if tanks have perma UD, but reuse time should be slightly improve. The UD miss total protection to any damage. Also tank agro is worst compare tyrr provoke and also big damage to mobs make it atack atacker and tank only see running mobs away. 

Increasing damage is for me not the right way. Tank must be needed in party to make protection and additional support. We have frenzy to support party (could be improved). Why not bring some kind of additional solidarity buffs (+XP, +P.def, +M.def, +atacks, +adena +drop) to party that have tank, heal, iss included? This for sure will also helps playing together. 

Since NC became greedy and game  (due to money spent by individuals) became solo , as who would like to share some equipment with starngers like we did back in the day? If you got scammed you go with your clan/friends and farm equipment back then there was a team work/ team play , 

Now people dont trust anyone as they spent real money for items , "sounds like NCsofts legal RMT just in boxes",

and obviously autofarm with random ppl means not guaranteed or lost exp as someone get dc's and party starts to collapse so you better of alone as you spend 100$ a month so you want your char moving not dead every night with random people party , 

Overall even with updates, patches, nerfs,buffs 

We are last generation to play Lineage 2 if we will die or just stop playing there will be no more new people coming to play Lineage 2 (it's includes people in illegal servers) and free to login model doesn't help also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshesOfAden said:

Overall even with updates, patches, nerfs,buffs 

We are last generation to play Lineage 2 if we will die or just stop playing there will be no more new people coming to play Lineage 2 (it's includes people in illegal servers) and free to login model doesn't help also.

100% true

Hi 😊

We still to this discussion 😁, know that if crit rates to mage go let say 40-60% for example, the prices gonna be increased to according the demand and offer, if those 2points are balanced it s ok,  3 class are  really OP( yull, DK, tyrr titan) but dagger still constant class, always nice class. I see mages take 3 spots, so can be really OP.

LF new class Mage 😉

3 hours ago, Jalila said:

Oooooohhh, ya I see it s Grinman  version  Korea 😅you see mage are so OP, with full boosts, pom, sws, aura Templar, skill solid... Their intelligent to throw their skills is amazing 😂

Love you Mage😉

i doudt Grinman has korean type of gear but that wasnt the point...

5 hours ago, NejJim said:

not sure if this is a efficient way... almost FULL party to be able to farm ToI???.. if not ALL have prestige.. then NOT worth..

also.. again.. my melee chars kill FASTER even single targetting :/

then ur toons need nerf :P

13 hours ago, NejJim said:

not sure if this is a efficient way... almost FULL party to be able to farm ToI???.. if not ALL have prestige.. then NOT worth..

also.. again.. my melee chars kill FASTER even single targetting :/

I can't say i have an explanation for the party setup he/she uses, and also i can't comment on the kill speed or compare to other dd's, but from the video you can see there are 3 dd's in the party that don't actually do any dmg (2 feohs and 1 summoner who just stand there by the side without acting) and 1 iss only who is domi and only uses vop, so could easily be out of party, so basically all the other chars could be dismissed from the party without affecting the result.

1 hour ago, Domi001 said:

I can't say i have an explanation for the party setup he/she uses, and also i can't comment on the kill speed or compare to other dd's, but from the video you can see there are 3 dd's in the party that don't actually do any dmg (2 feohs and 1 summoner who just stand there by the side without acting) and 1 iss only who is domi and only uses vop, so could easily be out of party, so basically all the other chars could be dismissed from the party without affecting the result.

yeah... i watched it again.. and you are right.. they dont rly contribute :P