Nova vs MS vs ROA vs RMT - Who will dominate NA Classic?

Gabe

6 hours ago, Hime said:

We will have more information in the coming weeks. We're still finalizing a few things. Woo!

Please don't mess this up. Based on past performance you (NCWEST) will. 

No Cash shop, make the subscription double or triple what it used to be if you have to, just keep cash shop out of it. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, J0nSnow said:

No Cash shop, make the subscription double or triple what it used to be if you have to, just keep cash shop out of it. 

Who cares about classic...

@Yidao can you guys launch version 1.0 for them for 1-2 years the way they had it Korea. I want to see bots crying on the forums about EXP tables and the death penalty. 

4 hours ago, J0nSnow said:

Do you really think there won't be L2Store ? If u think that, then u must be naive ... It will be like all the classic servers that exist ... Subscription based plus L2Store ... I read somewhere, in Draecke's post I think, that there are Kingdom Cloaks already ... So, keep ur hopes down if that's what ur looking for ..

4 hours ago, BornInHell said:

@Yidao can you guys launch version 1.0 for them for 1-2 years the way they had it Korea. I want to see bots crying on the forums about EXP tables and the death penalty. 

Just to avoid any misunderstandings: I have absolutely nothing to do with NCsoft, neither in Korea nor in Taiwan nor at NCWest.

As far as launching the original version of Lineage 2 Classic is concerned, I don't think they will do that. We will get the export version of that game, the same that they have at present in Japan, Taiwan, Europe and Russia. This means you will get such typical classic features as the Compoundable Rune System (which has replaced the original Soul Crystals):

c556bcb6d0d41cee90bcd66d.jpg
http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/룬

The classic Attribute System:

6faf06b0c588b6eb77af4cde.jpg
http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/속성

And of course the classic Attribute Hunting Grounds:

089307950f8e3d7e4b0b9c3a.jpg
http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/바람의+대지

:D

13 hours ago, Hime said:

We will have more information in the coming weeks. We're still finalizing a few things. Woo!

Better bury this whole CLASSIC project now before it's born and put your energy/ressources into NAIA/CHRONOS to work on your present problems there. There's enough of them, I'd say...

7 hours ago, EnvyYou said:

How would something like a bloody server effect current server populations on the current Chronos/Naia. If it is possible to buy end game gear cheaper as Yidao suggested how many would stay on the already dwindling current servers ?

Well, we have the example of what happened in Korea. On the smaller servers there are now only a few hundred players logged in (Korea Standard Time is GMT +9, no Daylight Savings):
http://l2.laby.fr/status/

Therefore there will be a server merge on October 10 where the current 9 servers will be merged into 3:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/notice/view?articleId=636353

This has been coming for a long time, you can't say that it was caused by offering people the option to play for a much lower price on the Bloody PvP server. It's more that those players who had been turned off by the gambling events - in Korea the sums involved are about twice as high as at NCWest - are now returning, being drawn in by the fixed price for an item of your choice principle. Keep in mind, those 20 dollars are only for one lvl 5 Jewel. Since people will want several Jewels for their Brooch (a Ruby and a Diamond and ...), and since you can compound them in Korea to lvl 6 and higher, it's very easy to spend several hundred dollars on your character. That's of course less than the several thousand dollars people spend on the regular servers, but having many people spend a little (count the players in the screenshot on the previous page!) is better than having nobody spend anything.

Chief Financial Officer Yun Jae-su once said that NCsoft wants to keep the old games running so that they can try out new content which will then be ported to the far more profitable mobile versions, keeping at least one server as a kind of "PTS". But fact is that the regular version of Lineage 2 has arrived at a dead end where the level gap, and above all the item gap, is so huge that there are no new players who would attempt to catch up. In the Asian territories the game is pay-to-play from lvl 85 onwards and absolutely nobody, nobody at all, is even trying out the game in a casual way.

So the Bloody server, where the real game starts at lvl 110 and everybody has more or less the same R99 starter equipment, is actually a way of saving Lineage 2. The old servers will be shut down when nobody cares to get milked any more, but the game itself will live on in its new incarnation :)

So what you're saying is wipe Naia and Chronos. Open 1 classic server, open 1 bloody server.

Let the high rate nonfactors go to the bloody server.

Let the masochists go to the classic server.

Bloody might be good, I'm not sure. But there's one thing I am positive about, classic is a better version of L2 than what Naia and Chronos currently have. At this point, classic is where High Five should've went instead of GoD minus some areas and gear that still need to be released.

5 hours ago, BornInHell said:

Who cares about classic...

Also, really? Are you purposely trying to sound dumb? Classic is the major leagues when it comes to L2. Naia and Chronos are like AAA and occasional a clan from classic will call up a CP to try them out in the big leagues.

Classic is where you step up or shut up. It's where the drama is fresh, the pvp is plentiful, and the game is still a living breathing world.

Like I said in my first post. This is the first chance many Naia and Chronos players have to join the big leagues in L2. To prove themselves as true combatants of Lineage 2. I think many will be to scared to leave their carebear servers. I saw a "HUGE" castle siege on Chronos between Nova and MS... It was like 4 groups vs 4 groups lolol. This is the time for those ~56 players to step up and try there hand at the big leagues.

22 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Also, really? Are you purposely trying to sound dumb? Classic is the major leagues when it comes to L2. Naia and Chronos are like AAA and occasional a clan from classic will call up a CP to try them out in the big leagues.

Classic is where you step up or shut up. It's where the drama is fresh, the pvp is plentiful, and the game is still a living breathing world.

Like I said in my first post. This is the first chance many Naia and Chronos players have to join the big leagues in L2. To prove themselves as true combatants of Lineage 2. I think many will be to scared to leave their carebear servers. I saw a "HUGE" castle siege on Chronos between Nova and MS... It was like 4 groups vs 4 groups lolol. This is the time for those ~56 players to step up and try there hand at the big leagues.

You really have no clue what is going on.  I understand your jockeying for classic but this is just silly.

Maybe I just don't get this newfangled L2 you youngins are playing... Please explain how this looks like an active server? Half of Nova looked like they were afk just farming reputation points or something. These ms scrubs roll through 3 maybe 4 parties tops. This video screams empty server with no pvp. Was this a one off?

3 hours ago, Gabe said:

What pvp is fresh exactly ? Have you seen how low the population is? Moreove, you're making it seem like there are 10k ppl per server ... Please, just be real... The hype doesn't exist anymore ... There won't be the same pvp as there was in 2007-08-09-10 ... 

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

Maybe I just don't get this newfangled L2 you youngins are playing... Please explain how this looks like an active server? Half of Nova looked like they were afk just farming reputation points or something. These ms scrubs roll through 3 maybe 4 parties tops. This video screams empty server with no pvp. Was this a one off?

Over 10 CPs were there vs 2.5 CPs.  Not to mention MS side has 22 CPs total.  Maybe if you log in sometime you can get a better look at things instead of believing other peoples BS.  

#ClearlyClueless

1 hour ago, Limerence said:

What pvp is fresh exactly ? Have you seen how low the population is? Moreove, you're making it seem like there are 10k ppl per server ... Please, just be real... The hype doesn't exist anymore ... There won't be the same pvp as there was in 2007-08-09-10 ... 

RU classic has 3 servers that hit 4000+ daily, with another opening this October. Skelth now is a dieing server, especially since NA classic announcements; however even a year ago it had 2000+ players with daily pvp for exp spots, daily pvp over raids, daily pvp over epics. Skelth's death had to do with issues outside of the classic ruleset.

48 minutes ago, SpeedStick said:

Over 10 CPs were there vs 2.5 CPs.  Not to mention MS side has 22 CPs total.  Maybe if you log in sometime you can get a better look at things instead of believing other peoples BS.  

#ClearlyClueless

So 70 vs ~20... Pretty sure even Gludio Castle siege on EU classic gets more activity than that.

#MinorLeagues

Here's the smallest, least competitive castle siege on EU Classic. Skelth's Gludio is Chronos' Aden

#NAClassic #WelcomeToTheMajors #We'reComing #BeReady

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

RU classic has 3 servers that hit 4000+ daily, with another opening this October. Skelth now is a dieing server, especially since NA classic announcements; however even a year ago it had 2000+ players with daily pvp for exp spots, daily pvp over raids, daily pvp over epics. Skelth's death had to do with issues outside of the classic ruleset.

Don't ever compare RU with the other territorries and especially NCWest ... Be glad if NCWest Classic has 2-3k players on opening ... And what about 3 months after that ? Another dead Skelth ... :) 

3 minutes ago, Limerence said:

Don't ever compare RU with the other territorries and especially NCWest ... Be glad if NCWest Classic has 2-3k players on opening ... And what about 3 months after that ? Another dead Skelth ... :) 

If it's subscription based, you might be right. But I have a feeling it will be F2P with a cash shop. If that's the case. All the Brazilians and South Americans are going to zerg the server. I don't think NA classic will dip below 3,000 the first year if it's F2P

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

If it's subscription based, you might be right. But I have a feeling it will be F2P with a cash shop. If that's the case. All the Brazilians and South Americans are going to zerg the server. I don't think NA classic will dip below 3,000 the first year if it's F2P

Well if it's gonna be F2P it's gonna be a bot fest ... Brace yourselves for that ... A subscription-based server is gonna "hold the blow" somehow ... But the only thing that's for sure is, that there will be a cash shop ... 

31 minutes ago, Limerence said:

He's saying the current version is too easy and carebear. He's also saying a lot of people will come back, at least initially when they open classic server. 

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Major difference is that Classic in Europe has no l2 store unlike other regions. Knowing that NCWest will go for f2p that L2 store will be here for sure. Anything you mentioned about the 'big league' and what not should remain in the past, the new classic will be a game of wallets and not skills.

for those interested just check out 4r4m's discord channel, since Rochand is dead some of us moved there and we discussed the classic server model and how it is in Asia which is almost certain the version NCWest will get from Korea HQ.

here's a quote:

https://discordapp.com/channels/253302847079317505/460427088587915285

iHotlineToday at 11:55 AM

Draecke said something about KR Classic has L2Store... how "bad" is it?

in terms of pay-to-win.

4r4mToday at 1:14 PM

Yup, brooch system, something similar to cloacks system, saiha talismans, something like circlet of power, and many events with buff or +16 weapon

Oh, and enchant stones, plus agathions

iHotlineToday at 1:40 PM

30-day Lv5s aswell?

4r4mToday at 1:44 PM

zodiac agathions like on main, with adapted stats for classic

Draecke aka guy that needs to protect his investments on Chronos/Naia. Classic FUD spreader.

Let me make this clear. No matter what version of classic that we get, it will be a better version of Lineage 2 than what Naia and Chronos currently have.

If you want to have a conversation about Bloody vs Classic. That's more reasonable, but vanilla L2 is the worst version currently out there. NCsoft has realized this and is attempting to make better, more diversified rulesets for L2.

Wipe Naia. Wipe Chronos. Open 1 classic server. Open 1 arena server. Open 1 or 2 bloody servers. Boom. done.

51 minutes ago, Draecke said:

for those interested just check out 4r4m's discord channel, since Rochand is dead some of us moved there and we discussed the classic server model and how it is in Asia which is almost certain the version NCWest will get from Korea HQ.

here's a quote:

https://discordapp.com/channels/253302847079317505/460427088587915285

iHotlineToday at 11:55 AM

Draecke said something about KR Classic has L2Store... how "bad" is it?

in terms of pay-to-win.

4r4mToday at 1:14 PM

Yup, brooch system, something similar to cloacks system, saiha talismans, something like circlet of power, and many events with buff or +16 weapon

Oh, and enchant stones, plus agathions

iHotlineToday at 1:40 PM

30-day Lv5s aswell?

4r4mToday at 1:44 PM

zodiac agathions like on main, with adapted stats for classic

did you find your +15 shield yet ?

44 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Draecke aka guy that needs to protect his investments on Chronos/Naia. Classic FUD spreader.

Let me make this clear. No matter what version of classic that we get, it will be a better version of Lineage 2 than what Naia and Chronos currently have.

If you want to have a conversation about Bloody vs Classic. That's more reasonable, but vanilla L2 is the worst version currently out there. NCsoft has realized this and is attempting to make better, more diversified rulesets for L2.

Wipe Naia. Wipe Chronos. Open 1 classic server. Open 1 arena server. Open 1 or 2 bloody servers. Boom. done.

you obviously didn't checked out 4r4m's channel ;)

No need for that. Here is all you need to know about the export version of Lineage 2 Classic, in English:
https://eu.4gameforum.com/categories/1537/

And here is what you will inevitably get:
http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/

If reading through longer threads and dealing with actual facts is an intellectual challenge for you, simply wait until L2C@NCWest goes live and see for yourself.

Archived