GREATER RUNE STONE - NO POINT, STAFF NEED TO SAY SOMETHING!

Good afternoon,

I would like to understand and that some GM / STAFF explain why the complication in finding, farming, dropping or crafting a greater rune stone??? This should be a "basic" item for the character's initial construction, since the skills that use them are present at lvl 110, which today is a "beginner" lvl in the game...

What is the reason for the developers to make this item difficult!? I don't see any sense in that...

The chances of a drop in TOI and other locations are ridiculous, events aren't coming out... many players have already complained about the matter and nothing, no GM/STAFF taking a stand?

@Hermes @GM_NCA@GM_dufo@GM_EVA

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, PlzSt4NdUP said:

Good afternoon,

I would like to understand and that some GM / STAFF explain why the complication in finding, farming, dropping or crafting a greater rune stone??? This should be a "basic" item for the character's initial construction, since the skills that use them are present at lvl 110, which today is a "beginner" lvl in the game...

What is the reason for the developers to make this item difficult!? I don't see any sense in that...

The chances of a drop in TOI and other locations are ridiculous, events aren't coming out... many players have already complained about the matter and nothing, no GM/STAFF taking a stand?

Yeah, GM's need to take a look on this! when in the History of Lineage a basic and core supply gets that expensive and hard to get? Like it's not even a fresh item, the skills exists for more than 2 years, not even on the release of 101 skills on the past was that hard to get... LF NEWS!

@GM_dufo@GM_EVA@GM_NCA@Hermes

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, PlzSt4NdUP said:

Good afternoon,

I don't understand how difficult it is to release the item? And made of gold? Will it harm the server or consume some game resource? Several players are discouraged from this game because of small difficulties that should be basic to play. 
Since they only think about profit, why don't they at least put the item for ncoins?

Amazing how they make little things difficult.

A suggestion: why don't toi items go straight to the inventory of whoever is attacking the monster? in addition to the difficulty to kill, you still need to be faster than the bots that are collecting items.

• Like 3

because it's the G. runestone skill that used to cost 4b nowadays it's costing 100b more... for player buying it, that's a lot without meaningless and very "Sh11t" for old and new players and only discourages with the game !!!

Commendable to touch on this theme. Let's conjecture: Is there anyone being favored? The rarity of this item only values it on Adena's Black Market. If anyone has to win, it's NC. Would happily buy for Ncoin. That way it would be a fair value and the profit would go to the rightful owner.

I'm almost 113 and still haven't learnt my first 110 skill, not to mention the new one which was added with this update and needs 2 GRS.

I kinda stopped getting upset about it, I guess it's yet another area of the game inaccessible to me. Of course I still think this is bad design.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First of all, if it's a "small thing", why you make it such a problem? It's a small thing after all.

Also the new skills are not intended to be easy to learn. Doesn't matter if they are available at 110. They are available when you have the rune stones to learn them. That might be even at 120+ or earlier, but it depends. Farm ToI and you'll get them. Only if you don't have a patience to play a grind game, then you can buy them off the market, that's your decision.

I've farmed all these runes over time and I have no issues.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BENTEJUI said:

the great runes are not basic

however the normal ones do

the skills you learn with the great runes are not relevant to the damage you do or take

they just give you a slight buff but almost imperceptible with the new mobs

My advice is to focus more on boosting attack and defense and element, the skills will arrive when you are powerful and can hunt without problems in TOI or DT

im 115 and i haven't learned any 110 skill and i have very good dmg and def

I don't need those skills...for now

what class are you?

1 hora atrás, mixa disse:

Em primeiro lugar, se é uma "coisa pequena", por que você a torna um problema? Afinal, é uma coisa pequena.

Além disso, as novas habilidades não devem ser fáceis de aprender. Não importa se eles estão disponíveis em 110. Eles estão disponíveis quando você tem as pedras rúnicas para aprendê-los. Isso pode ser até 120+ ou antes, mas depende. Cultive ToI e você os obterá. Somente se você não tiver paciência para jogar um jogo grind, poderá comprá-los no mercado, a decisão é sua.

Eu cultivei todas essas runas ao longo do tempo e não tenho problemas.

You are the man!
His comments are always in this direction in relation to those who have less resources. I think if you can't help the best thing you can do is keep quiet.
It helps a lot who gets in the way a little

Yes Greater Rune is not a common item as the rune stone that everyone has left in their inventory and doesn't even know what to do with it! They should at least implement the greater rune craft with 200 runes/300 runes whatever.... and not make the item impossible!

Those who are saying that it is an item is not relevant, or that you can wait until lvl 120 to learn the skill ..... I don't even need to extend the conversation basically they don't even know what they are talking about or simply I believe more) who have greater rune and want to keep earning high profits.... pathetic...

For these and other reasons, the game continues in this decadence, players who are not interested in helping the community as a whole, only think of themselves (even knowing that if they were left alone over time, they would not profit anything).

If players who feel harmed by the way this is being done in the game are not ready to write something in the post, unfortunately there is not much to do! Just viewing the post and waiting for it to fall from the sky will not happen!!! So comment! fight for what you think is right! Make a difference!

@Hermes @GM_dufo@GM_EVA@GM_NCA
Waiting some response from staff about that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BENTEJUI said:

as grandes runas não são básicas

no entanto os normais fazem

as habilidades que você aprende com as grandes runas não são relevantes para o dano que você causa ou recebe

eles apenas dão um leve buff, mas quase imperceptível com os novos mobs

Meu conselho é focar mais em aumentar ataque e defesa e elemento, as skills chegarão quando você for poderoso e puder caçar sem problemas em TOI ou DT

eu tenho 115 anos e não aprendi nenhuma habilidade de 110 e tenho dmg e def muito bons

Eu não preciso dessas habilidades... por enquanto

I don't know which comment is worse...
Your who has no idea of the power of the new skills so you shouldn't even comment or our friend who says he gets everything in the game
Honestly, you definitely need to improve a lot, but you don't care about that or you've already resigned yourself to bad statuses, regrettable.
We are looking for improvement for all players, or the vast majority who need to improve.
But what we see is comments saying that it's fine like that, that it doesn't make a difference.
Some say that because they profit from the trade of rare items and others because they are really ignorant.

• Like 2

this is not the 1st time NC do something like this with skills, i remember before GOD, in gracia or hellbound chronicle  the drop of skill books was only at dragons, in that time i played illegal server and only a bunch of ppl got theirs skill like hellscream or seed of revenge (in hk class). So is just wait till they profit from whales from Promos, and make it easy to get, same happens with augu stones, scrolls like shirt/circlet etc, is just patience.

• Like 1

It will be good to contribute to this topic... Older players should remember that we crafted runes in the catacombs and necropolis at the beginning of the game. Many items that upgrade were crafted and that it moved the L2 map well, with a variety of spaces in all lvls, both for spoil and for crafting. Over time classes such as dwarves lost much of their importance as their unique crafting traits or advanced spoiling capabilities were stripped away. It's GM  time to rethink the game and bring back good things that were extinct. Mainly to keep Naia alive, which has been suffering from player evasion. In a short time it will end up being extinct  or merged with Chronos. That would be an injustice to those who paid to be transplanted from a server in search of better days for their characters. I sincerely hope that the GMs will review the general drop policy. It does not benefit the game, making it repetitive and boring.

• Like 1

TBH, as GS I don't need the new skill aswell, but I play with 2 iss, and they want the new skills really badly...

To our friend dropping G. Rune Stones in ToI, GZ, ppl on discord are saying it's been 5 weeks now and only 1 of them got 1 drop yesterday. You are really special to get multiple drops so far.

Skills are not suppose to be a VIP think that only tops have like everything else. I quit Aden because of this cr4p skill book system and only tried again now whit new server and free books from attendance. Don't make live go same route.

@Hermes Please put Greater Rune Stones on Ncoin (not gamble) OR Craft with normal Rune Stones (NOT GAMBLE) OR put a limited time on all greater rune stones, so ppl use them, sell them or lose them!!!

5 hours ago, BENTEJUI said:

@Connex  othell FS

and I am not saying that they do not claim their large runes if you believe so and it is good to demand more elements in the game

worse honestly guys..has it helped?

We already know that they only move based on credit card

Well, you can advance without those skills by focusing on other things that enhance your character... the great runes will arrive

In my opinion...I'm not saying that I'm right...it's just that I haven't done badly without those skills

well im GS.. i would not say no to another GRS to learn my 115 skill, which is 10% damage but every archer needs at least 1 for the 110 skill... Eviscerator is huge too, 10% crit damage/pdef/mdef , DK's need 110 skills etc.. the issue is not for the new skills but for all the skills that matter.

Im fine with the scarcity of drops, and how the game works, im also fine with taking a bit to learn a new skill that was just introduced, this is not the first time it has ahppened, but you cannot learn skills that have been out for 4? years or so.. taht is plain stupid, they could have introduced a "new" item for the new 110 skills  

• Administrators

Hello,

We have reviewed all the comments and we appreciate everyone's contribution to this topic.

Your feedback will be communicated to the relevant departments.

Thank you.

• Like 5

Hello all,

For those that doesn’t realize as yet, we can classify players at 4 kinds.

1 – Top players:

Characteristics:  Invest a lot of money and time in game.

Goals: In resume they want to “rule the world”, including be hero on olympiads,  play in the best clan, have the best castle, do PvP all the time, expecting to one shot a lot of regular players, solo raid bosses, ecc

2 – High players:

Characteristics:  Invest a lot of money and time in game, but is not like top players, so they are 1 or 2 degrees bellow.

Goals: They want to play with top players, such as be in the same clan, do PvP, dailies, siege, ecc. They don’t expect to be hero (it’s just a dream),

3 – Regular players:

Characteristics: They invest some money in the game and time (time can be a lot or not).  They accept the idea that they are not top/high player and do not expect to do the same stuffs.

Goals: They are friendly and social. Like to help other players, like to level together and usually don’t like PvP, specially against top/high players.  They can do Sieges on small castles expecting that top/high players don’t show up and do oly only for quest.

4 – Free to Play players:

Characteristics: They invest time on the game. And for those that invest a lot of time, expect to be like top players with same Goals.

Goal: Has the same goals like Top and High players. Usually those complains that all this time invested don’t make them top players like old dime.

NCWest need to deal with all of those players.

When a new patch is released, they need to introduce something new to make top players in top (and playing). So they introduce a higher cap level, a new skill, new items, ecc , such this greater rune stones.

The new thing introduced on old patch becomes easier to reach and this makes regular players and free players happy. Works like a treadmill in time, where things that are difficult to reach become easier as new things are introduced that are difficult to achieve.

The big problem to solve is: How to deal with both top/high players and Free2Play players since both have the same goals ? And in my opinion, this is one of the most reason because people say that lineage is dead, ecce cc

My opinion to deal with this is:

1 – Make this game free to play until level 110/115 and then need a subscription to go on.

2 – Top items should be reach in 2 ways: 1) pay a high price on l2store and buy (no tradable) or 2) invest a lot of time like old time (C3, C4 time).

I remember how hard was to have an Antharas earring, Baium, ecc. 

For those that don’t have that time but want to be a top player, instead to cheat like old times (buying power level or items in black market) just go to l2store and buy boost/items.

• Like 2

(I can not edit,  so i added this last line with resume)

Basically my suggestion is:
Make lineage 2 like C3 and C4 (gold time) again, with subscription and all items accessible to all players.  Top items can be reach like old times with time (farming) or money (gambling or direct acquisition according with l2 interest)

2 hours ago, HealFast said:

1 – Make this game free to play until level 110/115 and then need a subscription to go on.

And what's the point of starting to play on a server if you know that at level 115 it will become paid ?, if there are many servers on which you can play 100% for free
With this approach, we will lose all new players

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arthur said:

And what's the point of starting to play on a server if you know that at level 115 it will become paid ?, if there are many servers on which you can play 100% for free
With this approach, we will lose all new players

Sorry I have old mentality , on that time C3 and C4  wasn`t  free to play and all the servers was full.

There was a lot of illegal server with tons of people but official (retail) server was another history. No bug, no server wipe ecc.

The point is, NCWest need to make game rentable to justify it`s investiment and some how need to make money on it.

If Lineage  2 becames  real F2P w/o any kind of pay to win, gumble ecc  there is no point to keep the game (business side)

In the past the game profit was incoming only by subscriptions so my idea is to come back the subscription model and plus pay to win formula.

The point to start to play until 115 is to realize if like the game or not. If like, than have to pay.

Dunno another way to make L2 real free to play and make its rentable for Nc

1 hour ago, HealFast said:

Sorry I have old mentality , on that time C3 and C4  wasn`t  free to play and all the servers was full.

There was a lot of illegal server with tons of people but official (retail) server was another history. No bug, no server wipe ecc.

The point is, NCWest need to make game rentable to justify it`s investiment and some how need to make money on it.

If Lineage  2 becames  real F2P w/o any kind of pay to win, gumble ecc  there is no point to keep the game (business side)

In the past the game profit was incoming only by subscriptions so my idea is to come back the subscription model and plus pay to win formula.

The point to start to play until 115 is to realize if like the game or not. If like, than have to pay.

This server is free since 2014, it's too late to change

On this server, 30% of the players have never bought Nkoin at all.
Someone does not have money, someone does not have the ability to pay (not everyone has a Mastercard and Visa), someone is sorry to pay

With the introduction of a subscription fee, 30% will go away and NO ONE will come. This will be the final nail in the coffin. The server will just die

But to make the L 2 store more diverse and more accessible, I vote for it. For example, put experience runes 7 hours, experience runes 7 days, experience runes (85 -115 lvl) Great Rune stone, etc.

17 minutes ago, HealFast said:

i have written a pretty extended answer for that topic but i will rewrite it in case people missed it.

back in the day it was pay to play you had more than 1 account and the progress was so slow, you would need at least 3 to 4 accounts which is $60 a month, a lot of hours and the right supports and classes to be able to play, even if you were a support, you would still need a spoiler maybe a crafter or a town alt etc...

Even with the slow progress, people that never stopped playing, would keep up with updates and now are at the top 5-10% of players.

I am not here to justify ncsoft, at this point I am not sure there is turning back ( i wrote content for approx 24 videos, that I will not make at all due to how the game is atm)

but what I can tell you is this, if you add 50$ in the game per month, and buy the right items with the right class, you will be able to play, it will take time but you will be able to play, the sad part is that the game has moved on, there are so many updates that people have missed that those that return no longer know how the game works and the way the game is right now.

I cannot suggest a number to do it, cuz I know that not everyone can afford it, but will say that you could "invest" a good amount upfront to gear a character and play... consider that money "lost progress" or something, just trying to give a point of view here not force people to do it.

People remember the good old days and think that getting to 110 is easy, or you can progress with just exalted or blessed exalted set which is not the case for 99% of the DD's  (or the enchanters).

The worst part of all is the people that still play, have no problem paying for something but the absurd rates make it worse than a casino. Personally I am at a point where i do not open  boxes at all, i rather buy the ncoin, sell boxes and get the adena. False advertising ( or items missing from the drop table), low rates, crappy events are what lead people into quit, demoralise and lose interest, the reply from @GM_EVA is something I have not seen for a while.

I am not sure if he/she can do anything to improve the situation but I guarantee you that players are starting to lose patience, and im not talking about the f2p players who mostly pump up the server numbers but the ones that pay a substantial amount every month both for prestige/destiny on multiple accounts but for loot boxes too.

Most people get the slower progress, the more you improve your character BUT what has been going on with GRS in unprecedented, they could have instroduced  a new item to make it more rare or 1% craft, but not being able to learn the 110/115 "good skills" is plain stupid... 

• Like 3

Just now, Arthur said:

On this server, 30% of the players have never bought Nkoin at all.
Someone does not have money, someone does not have the ability to pay (not everyone has a Mastercard and Visa), someone is sorry to pay

With the introduction of a subscription fee, 30% will go away and NO ONE will come. This will be the final nail in the coffin. The server will just die

But to make the L 2 store more diverse and more accessible, I vote for it. For example, put experience runes 7 hours, experience runes 7 days, experience runes (85 -115 lvl) Great Rune stone, etc.

percentage seems too high.. unless that 30% are the mentee's, yes there are plenty of people that either refuse  or cannot afford it but the vast majority of the players have blessed exalted sets and before you say anything,  yes some of those setes  were obtained for free when DK was introduced for the first time.

There is no progress without ncoin, you can avoid paying prestige till 110, but you will need to get your adena somehow and pounding mobs all day long for 0.1% a day seems painfull... ( although this is not Ncoin per say.. its money towards the game)

• Like 1