A lot of noob questions, help me pls

InnerLight

Hello,

I want to become a main tank, but I have several doubts that maybe you more experienced can help me.

1.- Which is the 4 tanks is the best option?

I like the sigel shillien templar, but I do not know if it is the best option?

2.- How does the dual class work?

I know it allows you to upload the subclass to lvl 105, and that you certify and skills.

the main class acquires the basic stats of the dual class? or the dual class acquires the stats of the main class?

what benefit do I get from having dual class?

which dual class is the best for a tank?

is it better to have a different main class and take dual class tank?

3.- What secondary characters should I do? (dual box)

What is the best iss for a tank?

is a good idea create a wynn summoner for Leveling my tank?

4.- Which Revelation Skills are the best option?

5.- What are the dyes for each type of tank? or are they all for the same? Sigel( phoenix knight, evas tempar, shillien templar, hell knight)

6.- Old skill vs awakening skills?

I have read in several places where they recommend not to learn all the skills of awakening, but it's old information.

Is it still good not to learn all the skills of awakening? if so, which would be?

7.- Where can I find in-deep guides of the 4 tanks?

I've searched on google / youtube, but there's only very old information.

I'm a noob, but I hope to be a good tank in the future, thanks for your help :)

Best tank is Sigel Evas templar hands down.

You want dual to be 105 to get the certs, makes a huge difference. Your main doesn't have to be high level to get the dual certs, just dual. Example my main is 103 evis, dual is 105 tank.

You want to have a dual class/ main that can share the same armor / gear. A good choice is iss. Tank/ISS are usually the two more looked for classes, will get you parties + xp. Plus you can use all defensive items for both and save a lot of money. Same weapon as well.

Leveling a tank is difficult without support. IE: DD / ISS. You will have to three box to be able to level it on your own. At a certain point you will be getting parties, try to join a clan, be active, be vocal in ts/vent and try to get into a CP.

Revelation skills Undying Disp. This is what I have chosen, everyone is a little bit different.

Dyes: I went full out con for dyes, a lot of tanks go full out STR, I like having this con just so I can put AP into other stuff and still get close to max (Yes max hp doesn't matter, but getting hit by big dog nukers AMX / ECLIPSIS hurts, and don't want to get one shot.

I learned all new skills on my tank except for magical mirror. It has a higher chance to reflect magical attacks / debuffs when fighting nukers is a big deal.

There are some good tutorials on here in a few different posts. Norbit is an excellent tank, ingame name is Katrise and he's always willing to help out from what I've seen. Main thing with tank, you are a tank, you dont do damage, dont try. Keep big dds out of the fight, and try to keep your pt alive. 

Dual certs: Went all mdef/pdef.

Ingame name is Mutch if you have anymore questions : )

there have been some very good discussion made on tanks here by irlumir norbit and myself

and if you want some historical context go check the old forrum: http://boards.lineage2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=265

most of what Mutch posted is correct and "best" box iss would be PP for pom at 101 and improved Knights Harmony at lvl 103

Ability Points should be all in Pdef / Mdef and shield block - if HP is an issue then sure take those first but default more pdef/mdef means less damage taken

always use rose & fist stew and get a cheap pve weapon (sword or 1h blunt) with hp / hp - haste and sigul, doesn't need to be oe'd

If we talking about mostly solo gaming, I vote for Dark Avenger and Warcrier as buffer for start. After you can swich to any tank you want and add Prophet on your Iss. Reasons: crier harmony for faster your limit reuse, drums are much better than another sonatas - from start crier is the best window buffer. If you wanna go deeper, make 2 isss: crier/sws, overlord(bd)/pp.

for best tank you can choose between evas templar and shillien templar . in pvp most players choose evas for the 100 attri defence but in most cases i dont think that it helps that much (because generally the attri defence is higher than attri attack letting out dragon weapons that anyway you cannot reach)

you need for sure 105/105 for dual skills and there you put everything on defence ( light of protection is essential on this chronicle)

revelation skills undying/dispa

about dyes its a little bit tricky depends on your setup and equip cause if you have endgame equip you can achieve 150k hp in many ways  my setup is con+5/luc+5  , con+5/str+1 , men+5/luc+5  (many tanks would dissagree but with my set up i find them usefull , and imo luc > cha in support classes )

for lvling your toon you need cp or join big clan its impossible to go above 105 without aoe xping with rly good mages , even if now its much easier with the xp changes and new areas  atm i am 106 and going towards 107 but w/o good aoe its impossible and new+old instances give rly low xp gain compared with what you need to get 107. lvling above 105 to at least 106 is a must have cause in some weeks there ll be 108+ mages and this 3 lvl gap will make a difference (in spite of what ncsoft tests say about lvl difference)

katrise and draecke can help u ingame for pve/pvp questions they are rly nice guys and play tank since forever i think :P

• 4 months later...
On 12/9/2018 at 2:24 PM, Draecke said:

there have been some very good discussion made on tanks here by irlumir norbit and myself

and if you want some historical context go check the old forrum: http://boards.lineage2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=265

most of what Mutch posted is correct and "best" box iss would be PP for pom at 101 and improved Knights Harmony at lvl 103

Ability Points should be all in Pdef / Mdef and shield block - if HP is an issue then sure take those first but default more pdef/mdef means less damage taken

always use rose & fist stew and get a cheap pve weapon (sword or 1h blunt) with hp / hp - haste and sigul, doesn't need to be oe'd

The post no longer exists :(

On 12/09/2018 at 11:46 AM, InnerLight said:

1.- Which is the 4 tanks is the best option?

Evas knight is the "meta" for pvp and pve but if u have the gear u can be any tank.

2.- How does the dual class work?

same thing as main, but u cannot go Olympiad in dual class.

3.- What secondary characters should I do? (dual box)

it's always good to have a iss for some trouble u may require devil's movement or ress in a hard place. But if u think u can solo anything beyonf 99 dont go for tank.

4.- Which Revelation Skills are the best option?

Undying will i think its the one u 100% need, then i would choose something among disparition os block ress (only pvp situation)

5.- What are the dyes for each type of tank? or are they all for the same? Sigel( phoenix knight, evas tempar, shillien templar, hell knight)

depend on the kind of tank u aiming. I personally use +5men +5 cha, since i have full hp without boosting con and str wont do any visible diference.  But that may not be the case if ure aiming olympiad.

6.- Old skill vs awakening skills?

I suggest to hold at least magical/physical mirror. I got myself the old aggression too but that only works in mass pvp where i can lock someone target at me if they are not immune to debuffs.(but u loose dps skill for oly)

7.- Where can I find in-deep guides of the 4 tanks?

I once read one in the 4game forum but i dont know if it is still relevant, but for a beginner it sure will help.

Archived