Has the 105 exp cap been removed?

Niev

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, MS_Truffle said:

@Neutron Can you give us an update on this matter? A lot of people having been waiting on this..

There's nothing to say here. There were no plans to change this and there are no plans to change this. And nothing has changed for two years now, including the Salvation update.

So many 105/105 "whales" are bored (not talking about only the ones who fished there, my CP has a couple who grinded it out x2) and they are the thing that trickles down to us "mid range players/spenders" having parties. Enough of them quit, and you will lose the mid tier too. Who will be left playing the game? Free 2 play that input nothing to the budget?

I'm not sure who is doing NcWest "5 year plan" but it seems as if they are out to cause the game to fail. I've been playing since 2004, so I don't want to see it fail, I grew up with this game. Nostalgia and for the time being, lack of something viable to play besides L2 is what keeps most of us here.

This XP table thing should be addressed, and soon TM.

6 minutes ago, Tamlin said:

So many 105/105 "whales" are bored (not talking about only the ones who fished there, my CP has a couple who grinded it out x2) and they are the thing that trickles down to us "mid range players/spenders" having parties. Enough of them quit, and you will lose the mid tier too. Who will be left playing the game? Free 2 play that input nothing to the budget?

I'm not sure who is doing NcWest "5 year plan" but it seems as if they are out to cause the game to fail. I've been playing since 2004, so I don't want to see it fail, I grew up with this game. Nostalgia and for the time being, lack of something viable to play besides L2 is what keeps most of us here.

This XP table thing should be addressed, and soon TM.

yeah that was my point and is something that has been mentioned alot since Grand Crusade update by many players but for w/e weird reason NC Korea doesn't seem to care and it's not like Juji or now Neutron can go against their boss and make it happen..

last time NCWest admitted it was becoming a problem they "promised" to have regular huge server XP boost settings but as folks have noticed by now just increasing the base server XP with 50% ain't cutting it..

it's really silly as base server XP settings means a complete unbalanced XP ratio for those below 105 while still not doing much for those at 105.. the only thing that can address the issue is by fixing the XP requirements per level past 105 just like it is in Korea..

@NCWest, please note as many times explained before that we do not buy in on the claim that we got the same XP curve as do please explain how many Koreans reached lvl 110 Months ago while they have access to LESS XP boost items then us ? Do please explain how the 105+ player base can obtain ~25trillion XP per day to have any kind of meaning full XP progression ?

I understand why people above 105 are losing interest @Draecke. But I can see where ncwest is coming from helping the lower players advance in levels.  The more people running around at "max" level encourages more spending for whales to stay ahead and gives the f2p a glimmer of false hope that they might catch up. I myself am a returning player and am not even close to 105. But I played enough during interlude and remember the days of not being able to afford soulshots while exp'd. It's frustrating. But "new" content always brings (if only temporary) a surge of players and revenue 

30 minutes ago, Ted said:

I understand why people above 105 are losing interest @Draecke. But I can see where ncwest is coming from helping the lower players advance in levels.  The more people running around at "max" level encourages more spending for whales to stay ahead and gives the f2p a glimmer of false hope that they might catch up. I myself am a returning player and am not even close to 105. But I played enough during interlude and remember the days of not being able to afford soulshots while exp'd. It's frustrating. But "new" content always brings (if only temporary) a surge of players and revenue 

Yes, but this far and away from Interlude or anytime in the past.

In order to keep the whales spending, they have to have some semblance of advancement, which is currently lacking. I know 105s who have xp'd nearly everyday for months, and they aren't even to 25% into 105, much less close to 106. Nobody is gonna spend 13-14k (I think thats the amount we figured out, on fishing baits to get 106, when there's not even skills to learn at that level yet)

44 minutes ago, Ted said:

erm trust me the ppl that aren't 104/105 by now are not and will never be a threat for any whale type player so nope that will not make them spend more money and as I'm trying to make clear it's the opposite effect actually - those players get bored and quit spending or quit / cash out completely

none of the big whales with maybe a handful exceptions will still grind at max boost/fish after reaching 105 and all the players that are not whale types will drop any kind of xp boost spending the moment they will hit the same wall so anyone can see how this story is going to end here..

as said before it's quite messed up that L2 is so much better & nicer and more fun in Korea then here..

ps, Koreans lvl'd to 110 without any new skills as such and that was fine for them as the AP system does go all the way and for example Tyrs gets beasty at max AP while right now they're non factors outside a bit of PVE..

3 hours ago, Tamlin said:

Yes, but this far and away from Interlude or anytime in the past.

In order to keep the whales spending, they have to have some semblance of advancement, which is currently lacking. I know 105s who have xp'd nearly everyday for months, and they aren't even to 25% into 105, much less close to 106. Nobody is gonna spend 13-14k (I think thats the amount we figured out, on fishing baits to get 106, when there's not even skills to learn at that level yet)

The thing is with that => getting exalted lvl 5 (10% xp bonus), 100% xp rune 1 month, freya scrolls (100%) for instances dailies, mentee bonus (5%) and clan bonus (35%), so like everyone can get, without spending 500€ per months in xp bonus. Like most of actives normal players ... 1 months of dailies it's not even 1.5% on 105 lvl.

So yes.. On 105 lvl ... If xp's don't getting boosted, everyone will leave this game.

I've been 105/105(before fishing) since December last year, only thing that keeps me playing is friends and occasional PvP and keeping sanity by playing different games.. I made several threads 6 months ago before even GC hit when other territories outside NC Korea received GC without the changes.

The wall was removed even on GC. If you have been 105/105 and you ain't 106 by now, then you haven't been trying hard enough. With all those boosts available and sever base boosts we had so much time, there is just no excuse, but laziness.

Archived