Post Maintenance Game Error - Missing MSVCP140.dll

Rotten

Many people are receiving the following error after tonight's maintenance.

When launching the game: The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. 

All google resolutions, re-installing the game / full file scan / re-install launcher / reinstall visual c++ did not fix the issue. any suggestions?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rotten said:

Many people are receiving the following error after tonight's maintenance.

When launching the game: The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. 

All google resolutions, re-installing the game / full file scan / re-install launcher / reinstall visual c++ did not fix the issue. any suggestions?

installed this.. since game is on x86 platform :/

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe 

and it solved the issue :P

Still want to know what the developers are fn with to corrupt that install......
If it would have been just me.. i'd say something with my pc... but literally at least 1 pc was affected by a dozen of my friends

Microsoft Visual C+ somehow got corrupted, on My main Computer Intel i7-6700... could only log my support/shop computer(mid level AMD APU). When I gave up, and re-installed on my Main Computer... I tried to update Lineage on my Media computer, an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400... I haven't played any characters for some time, but I got the same error after updating.

I could only log on with my Main/Media Computers after re-installing Visual C+

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145

18 minutes ago, Teribeth said:

Microsoft Visual C+ somehow got corrupted, on My main Computer Intel i7-6700... could only log my support/shop computer(mid level AMD APU). When I gave up, and re-installed on my Main Computer... I tried to update Lineage on my Media computer, an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400... I haven't played any characters for some time, but I got the same error after updating.

I could only log on with my Main/Media Computers after re-installing Visual C+

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145

I had to re-install Visual C++ on both of my computers... an Intel i7-4600 Tower and an Intel i5-6200U Laptop. I seem to recall when trying to upgrade other peoples Computer Hardware to support Win7/8/10... That Intel CPUs used to insert an orphaned Registry entry(which made it almost impossible to update the OS, and keep all your programs if you changed to an AMD CPU) maybe that orphaned Registry entry just happened to corrupt  the Visual C++ on Intel Computers?

1 hour ago, SammlerMull said:

I had to re-install Visual C++ on both of my computers... an Intel i7-4600 Tower and an Intel i5-6200U Laptop. I seem to recall when trying to upgrade other peoples Computer Hardware to support Win7/8/10... That Intel CPUs used to insert an orphaned Registry entry(which made it almost impossible to update the OS, and keep all your programs if you changed to an AMD CPU) maybe that orphaned Registry entry just happened to corrupt  the Visual C++ on Intel Computers?

I don't think that Registry entry exists anymore... around 2016/2017 Microsoft removed a whole lot of Hardware support from Windows 10. for example: In 2015 you could install Win 10 on Computers with only AGP video, and you could re-install  the version from 2015 after that... but could not update that computer to any update after AGP was removed. I think I have moved Intel Win 10 Hard Drives to AMD Computers without issues for at least 4-5 years.

25 minutes ago, SammlerMull said:

Maybe not that Registry entry... but prolly something to do with Intel CPU/Graphics, or configuration of Graphics priority(unless the option is discrete... like my Laptop) Everything was fine before maintenance.

Well my Support/Shop CPU is  AMD A8-3820 APU with built-in Radeon HD 6550D... My i7-6700 Has Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 mini, and My Core 2 Quad has MSI Geforce GTX 750 Ultra, neither one uses the on-chip in any way.

Care to guess again?

3 hours ago, sooo said:

I have the same problem. Any update from NCSoft on how to tackle this problem?

NCsoft prolly had nothing to do with the corruption of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 installation... the fix is to re-install the x86 version, from a Microsoft link like this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145 because Lineage 2 is still an x86 program(our Unreal Engine does not  actually support 64bit operation)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SammlerMull said:

NCsoft prolly had nothing to do with the corruption of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 installation... the fix is to re-install the x86 version, from a Microsoft link like this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145 because Lineage 2 is still an x86 program(our Unreal Engine does not  actually support 64bit operation)

Indeed the memory limitations of 32bit causes some of the problems people experience when a client is running for "too long" and has been around the game world map.

What I find amusing is that out of four machines only one of them experienced this issue.

Anyone else have to reload a post multiple times before the forum finally allows your text to be posted?

2 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Indeed the memory limitations of 32bit causes some of the problems people experience when a client is running for "too long" and has been around the game world map.

What I find amusing is that out of four machines only one of them experienced this issue.

Anyone else have to reload a post multiple times before the forum finally allows your text to be posted?

Sometimes I need to log-in to Forum 2-4 times, before I can actually post, When I can actually post... the Forum accepts it, I don't think I have ever needed to reload the page to see my post.