Othell with Dex Setup vs Str

KissMyKnife

1 hour ago, KissMyKnife said:

wish i can test this out but sadly its to much adena to get 1 dual and 1h dagger with same 2 sa maybe 1 day.

You can test with daggers from events like red libra or Hero Weapon Packs (I used that for test, same SA's on both)

STR = Crit Dmg = Skill Power

DEX = Skill Critical Rate (even though blow skills are always critical hits, they can double crit)

I have another question about DEX. Does it increase the land rate of blow skills?

Guys you do tests with DIFFERENT STATS on your chars, you should explain everything in detail. I did a test kelbim vs kelbim dual daggers = it was easy, since the difference was little to none!!! But STR vs DEX.. this is huge, so 

explain how your char stats change, what target do you hit, what skills ( enchant of skill ), how many hits, what buffs, what dual/subclass skills, what is your gear, where from you got these numbers ~10.8% and 24.06% - show the calculation, etc etc 

10 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:

land rate what?

crit damage? if yes then you have low gear, i always make crit on all mob,

Land rate is the chance of actually hitting with the skill. As blow type skills have a chance of missing.

Im sorry I made a mistake. It’s not 26% but ~12% increase. Meaning with my regular dex (60 ish), I hit the NPC 46 times of 100 attempts. While with tattoos on dex +12, I hit the NPC 58 times of 100.

For the test I used Mortal Blow as it has the lowest success rate of all blow skills.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, Ezzie said:

STR = Crit Dmg = Skill Power

DEX = Skill Critical Rate (even though blow skills are always critical hits, they can double crit)

I have another question about DEX. Does it increase the land rate of blow skills?

1.- No, Damage x2 in your skills doesnt exist. You can land double damage only with Counter Critical up.

2.- No, the land rate of blow is affected by Vital Spot Attack Rate. (Mortal Strike can boost that stat and a few passives)

23 minutes ago, Feryl said:

1.- No, Damage x2 in your skills doesnt exist. You can land double damage only with Counter Critical up.

2.- No, the land rate of blow is affected by Vital Spot Attack Rate. (Mortal Strike can boost that stat and a few passives)

You're so wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I did countless tests over the years, spent money on dye setups etc. So my thoughts TODAY are basically:

If you lack DEX, you gonna have slower skill animation (despite having 1500 atk spd) and (arguably) lower skills landrate. Also it feels like you don't crit on skills sometimes. At first felt like just my imagination, maybe soulshot failed at some stabs etc, afterall, all stabs should be always 100% criticals, right? But after a while I really noticed that low DEX actually makes your general stabs damage lower, by failing some skill crits and/or skills landrate, specially Chain Blow and Shadow Reverse (GH) skills. Heart Breaker and Blood Stab skills doesn't seem to have much chance to fail, tho.

Also, lacking too much STR will make your char hit for less, in general. Cause STR affects critical damage. And your skills won't double/reset much (tho since the big passive nerf, which nerfed skill mastery rate from 1000% to 100%, this doesn't matter much anyways).

So what to do? After many tests, reading, and adena spent, I decided to stay at 80 DEX and put the rest on STR (atm I have 80 DEX and 137 STR), and I found a good balance between all of the above: good skill animation speed, good critical/landrate of stabs, good damage and decent skill mastery rate. Why? Having more than 80 DEX didn't seem to improve my skills animation speed or stabs critical rate/landrate, also having more than 130 STR didn't seem to improve my skills mastery rate, so it was only natural to stay at 80 DEX and putting the rest on STR.

So, basically, never go full STR nor full DEX.

Some of you may argue about some points, but these are my personal experiences, as a Dark Elf GH.

Thoughts? @Feryl @Ezzie @xHaseo

On 5/11/2018 at 4:44 AM, ZolteR said:

I did countless tests over the years, spent money on dye setups etc. So my thoughts TODAY are basically:

If you lack DEX, you gonna have slower skill animation (despite having 1500 atk spd) and (arguably) lower skills landrate. Also it feels like you don't crit on skills sometimes. At first felt like just my imagination, maybe soulshot failed at some stabs etc, afterall, all stabs should be always 100% criticals, right? But after a while I really noticed that low DEX actually makes your general stabs damage lower, by failing some skill crits and/or skills landrate, specially Chain Blow and Shadow Reverse (GH) skills. Heart Breaker and Blood Stab skills doesn't seem to have much chance to fail, tho.

Also, lacking too much STR will make your char hit for less, in general. Cause STR affects critical damage. And your skills won't double/reset much (tho since the big passive nerf, which nerfed skill mastery rate from 1000% to 100%, this doesn't matter much anyways).

So what to do? After many tests, reading, and adena spent, I decided to stay at 80 DEX and put the rest on STR (atm I have 80 DEX and 137 STR), and I found a good balance between all of the above: good skill animation speed, good critical/landrate of stabs, good damage and decent skill mastery rate. Why? Having more than 80 DEX didn't seem to improve my skills animation speed or stabs critical rate/landrate, also having more than 130 STR didn't seem to improve my skills mastery rate, so it was only natural to stay at 80 DEX and putting the rest on STR.

Some of you may argue about some points, but these are my personal experiences, as a Dark Elf GH.

8d27b373a72e332848360d7e07adad22.png

This screen comes from a video on youtube i posted like, almost 5 years ago. before the game turned into a sh1t festival of P2W abuser. 
As you can see, i used to play with a balanced mix on DEX and STR, no clue what the numbers were, can't find'em. But the set was Enchant type (+3 str and power skill), a MIX of dyes like +5 str and +10 dex, also dex on hair accessory and on octavis bracelet (in Innova i changed the bracelet for the Tauti one with STR tho). 
With the gear you see on my toon (+3/4 set, 1 SA weapon and those loljewels) back then I used to rulez against almost any player not overly-abusing the P2W. Ofc, Feohs were a pain in the ass 'cause my m.def was low...but in the other hand i had quite an insane output dmg for the game status. (Daggers had Prowess added on that patch and lots of improvements on damage power and passives). 

Since the skill mastery is nerfed from 1000% to 100% that means going full STR would be useless. Critical damage gain from STR is pretty low. About the "skill animation"; i'm pretty sure you're wrong. Skill casting time is influenced by ur atk spd, means that either you got 1500 atk spd with 100 DEX or 1500 atk spd with 50 DEX ur casting time is the same (i'm pretty sure about this.) even tho, in retail server, DEX is not influencing the blow land rate, as far as i know. It does in the classic version, but not in the live server. The rumors about "higher critical rate = higher blow land rate" is wrong. Blow land rate is a totally different parameter. The main reason you go +DEX is to increase the chance to 2x crit the blows. With the setup i had my chance of landing a critical blow (blows are always critical, but damage can go 2x, that was a "double crit") was almost 100%. The main reason you go +STR is to increase mastery rate and critical damage. 

So even if it's true that mastery is nerfed, you may want to increase STR since DEX is useless at some point. I'm not sure if you can find any test into the innova's forum or in this forum about DEX and STR influencing dagger's blows, i'm too lazy and totally unwilling to look for those now. 

So, as a GH, i'd suggest you to go MIX. Look at that DEX point where you can land 9 out of 10 blows on 2x and then go STR to increase mastery and crt dmg a bit. In my case, that was a perfect balancement. 

On 16/09/2018 at 10:26 PM, KissMyKnife said:

Lets talk about this.
When i was read DEX for PVE and STR for PVP, was curious about dex vs stab damage, how much increase i see on stab, with +12 Dex, normaly i have 66 so with +12 was have 78, that must be have some diff on stab :P

in 66 i was make 2.3m on npc, i was said ok with +12 dex i will make 2.5m minimum right? it was same damage on same npc, was stab like 10 min long and the highest stab damage was 2.3m

So guys tell me why every1 say Dex for Othell on PVE if no damage increase?

full str both for pvp and pve closed the problem. I have 149 str without fish stew or nano alien and 68 dex and my damage is great and forget that dex to pve and str to pvp .Str = critical dmg is what othell needs and I already told you this in game "iDr4cK  

2 hours ago, BrielziN said:

full str both for pvp and pve closed the problem. I have 149 str without fish stew or nano alien and 68 dex and my damage is great and forget that dex to pve and str to pvp .Str = critical dmg is what othell needs and I already told you this in game "iDr4cK  

that was i pointing, read my full message again, there was no damage increase, i create this topik for every1 realize, dex its not good for othell.

On 5/11/2018 at 12:44 AM, ZolteR said:

In my tests an IMHO, full STR is the best way. Land rate of blows is affected by Vital Spot Attack Rate and I have 1500 Attack speed all time so, Dex is useless (for me).

STR boost your patack and Mastery Rate, Bloodstab isnt affected by Reset (I didnt seen any reset of bloodstab in all my time as Dagger). So, Str can improve a bit your damage and full skills any little improve count.

About Crits x2.

In my experience, I never seen that before in a bloodstab. Im pretty sure a lot of ppl dont know about Counter Critical Buff from Drum Melody... Sure, when you have Counter Critical up, your damage is x2 in every single blow... why? as i said before... all your blows are critical :)

Archived