Forums

Old Forums Being Removed

Hime

• L2 Team

Greetings,

Next Monday, September 24, the old forums will no long be available. This means that you will no longer be able to view them once they go offline, and the old forum URL will redirect to here. If there is any content you would like to save from the old forums, please head over there now to save it before next Monday.

Thank you~

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is sad.  A big part of Lineage 2's lineage is disappearing again.  Almost like a piece of nostalgia is going away again.  Been playing (off-and-on) now for over 14 years - another piece of L2 history disappearing.  I used to really look forward to Slycutter's rants on Devianne, and everything else.  It's like Lineage 2 is losing part of itself again.

14 hours ago, Hime said:

Greetings,

Next Monday, September 24, the old forums will no long be available. This means that you will no longer be able to view them once they go offline, and the old forum URL will redirect to here. If there is any content you would like to save from the old forums, please head over there now to save it before next Monday.

Thank you~

Well that is something new but, what about we get some very important news as to when lineage 2 classic NA going to come out. I mean you're getting rid of the old forums lets give some rebirth to this nostalgia experience in the form of L2Classic NA news.

15 hours ago, Hime said:

Greetings,

Thank you~

@Hime Why can't they be archived? And how in the world do you save a thread that consists of 52 pages?? Makes ya wonder what's next on their list of things from the past to be abolished. :(

47 minutes ago, Draconis said:

Well that is something new but, what about we get some very important news as to when lineage 2 classic NA going to come out. I mean you're getting rid of the old forums lets give some rebirth to this nostalgia experience in the form of L2Classic NA news.

You don't get it do you? Even if L2 Classic were to come out there's no way to duplicate the nostalgia of that era and what's been preserved in those old forums. Nostalgia is so much more than trying to rebuild what some of us experienced many years ago on the old servers. Not many of us are left. Lots quit but their memories still live in those old forums. I rest my case.

Just now, Sharlanna said:

You don't get it do you? Even if L2 Classic were to come out there's no way to duplicate the nostalgia of that era and what's been preserved in those old forums. Nostalgia is so much more than trying to rebuild what some of us experienced many years ago on the old servers. Not many of us are left. Lots quit but their memories still live in those old forums. I rest my case.

Thats for you sure, but the old game holds more nostalgia than the forums for me and a great deal of people that also didn't spend there time on the forums. 

I created a script to navigate and download all the content of the forum, however, (probably) a rule of NC Firewall blocks my access. sad

The time it takes to download all content respecting Firewall is very long and there is no time for this.

They could make the data available to the community, without personal or confidential information, only the information that anyone can see.

I believe that others like me would like to keep this content on the internet voluntarily (Non-Commercial), since the NC does not have the resources for this ($$$ / importance).

I'm trying out other ways to get a backup.

Anyway, I'll be very grateful if anyone can help me by telling the current size of the old forum (GB / TB), I do not want to get a surprise midway and need a bigger RAID.

@Hime @Conguero and The Master @Neutron

PS: English is not my mother tongue.

4 minutes ago, Devoid said:

This is the unstyled version of the forums to be used by spiders (note the link to 'View full version'). It will be gone the moment the actual forum is gone.

There's got to be some way to preserve them?? This kind of stuff is pushing me to my limits!

1 hour ago, Sharlanna said:

There's got to be some way to preserve them?? This kind of stuff is pushing me to my limits!

I'm trying to download all the old forum but I do not know if I'll succeed in the end, it would be much easier to provide a NC archive. Can for example generate an HTML image of everything, that rule out the need for the database, compacted and left download. After all the information is already public, just go there and see, as I am doing.

• L2 Team
3 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

I'm checking with the team to see if there is a way to offer an archive download without personal information. I'm not sure if I'll get anything but it doesn't hurt to ask.

5 hours ago, Quenia said:

Sad indeed that old l2 posts/drama/database/history will be removed.

What is even sadder is that this game and THAT game are two different things.

Exactly.

I personally believe that, in the context of NC's corporate strategy, the GoD update was basically their substitute for Lineage 3, which never got finished and released, since the guys who left NC to form Blue Hole Studios took the dev work for "L3" with them and turned it into TERA.  

That way NC could still give players a "new version of Lineage", as they had anticipated, but with the least cost to NC.  

When I play now, I really don't connect it much with the old game, even though some locations look exactly the same. Kind of like being in an alternate Lineage reality I guess! 

+1

Removing old forum(witch ws much better than this) is a sad or more than sad.

Whole history will be earesed.

but, in NCWest eyes it has a good point...

People will not see a better comunitation between players and staff

All good CM and GM will go away(like Juji,Buster, etc)

now we have(mosty we don have any) CM who just post info about Maintenace.

Bug, expoits, bots are welcome here.

If u report any, u will get all time the same reply...

and fix will be implement(if they will) in next big update.

Store isnt balanced. Now Lineage 2 is most Pay to Win game.

Archived