Old Forums Being Removed

Hime

11 hours ago, OneWingedAngle said:

+1

Removing old forum(witch ws much better than this) is a sad or more than sad.

Whole history will be earesed.

but, in NCWest eyes it has a good point...

People will not see a better comunitation between players and staff

All good CM and GM will go away(like Juji,Buster, etc)

now we have(mosty we don have any) CM who just post info about Maintenace.

Bug, expoits, bots are welcome here.

If u report any, u will get all time the same reply...

and fix will be implement(if they will) in next big update.

Store isnt balanced. Now Lineage 2 is most Pay to Win game.

You thought BusterCasey was a good CM? He killed the forums by literally closing any thread that spiked controversy.

We are in a better state then living in the ages of BusterCasey as forum moderator.

I do miss Sace she was pretty dope.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

No dear, you haven't a clue of what some of us went through back then! You wouldn't have lasted any more than TWO days! LOL. And I am not a fella

I play from C1(bartz, erica & teon) with some stops, and all the party happened in l2blah / guru, kiddo!

The game and forum will close, deal with it.

4 minutes ago, Fantasy said:

I play from C1(bartz, erica & teon) with some stops, and all the party happened in l2blah / guru, kiddo!

The game and forum will close, deal with it.

For starters... I am no kiddo!! How many "stops"? 2,4,6? Maybe to go to private servers..then came back when things were easy? Close the forums! I'm at the point I no longer care.

33 minutes ago, Sharlanna said:

For starters... I am no kiddo!! How many "stops"? 2,4,6? Maybe to go to private servers..then came back when things were easy? Close the forums! I'm at the point I no longer care.

Private servers, really not. During 14 years, of course, i had to take stops due circumstances on my life, but i can remember a toxic l2 plaged of bots.
If at the moment the game is easy or not (compared in the past), i dont know, the most of people complains about p2w events, as in the past the most of them did about bots, sweety!!

• L2 Team
5 minutes ago, Sharlanna said:

In other words.. they don't give a rats ***. I'm Getting so fed up with this crap. If it's not one thing it's another. So close to quitting it isn't funny and that's after 13+ years in L2 official.

There isn't a good way to provide the information without all the personal information. It's all tied together. :/

• L2 Team
6 minutes ago, Sharlanna said:

Why are they being removed anyway?? To save money is the most logical answer.

4 minutes ago, CharlieBones said:

mostly likely due to  the forum liscene needing to  be renewed and if it isnt being used then there is no point  

The old boards sit on an old server using an obsolete forum software version. There are risks in letting those things stay around. The argument can be made we left it for this long already so why do we still have to do it--it's because as time goes it gets riskier and riskier because everything else we have are running on newer and updated things.

No words... just very very sad. I've lost so many friends from back during that era. It seems L2 isn't improving but getting worse. And by that I don't mean easier. Hell, most newbies wouldn't have lasted a week back during the old Chronicles. L2 has always been tough and it takes a lot to stick with it after so many years, but too many fiasco's with no explanation much less communication from support. L2 is 14 years old and running on empty with it's age old engine. I for one will no longer be investing any $$s in it and haven't for a very long time. RIP L2... your days are numbered.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:38 PM, Limerence said:

Alright, question .. Because I'm not knowledgeable on that stuff ... Please, tell me of a way to "copy" the old forums asap ... It would be a shame to lose it ... :'( 

You wont have time. You can download it partially with HTTrack, im trying to download the whole with Webcopy, but the download is still ongoing since 3 days. 

I am not really familiar with html, if someone has a better idea its time to share otherwise were going to ...

53 minutes ago, golemka said:

You wont have time. You can download it partially with HTTrack, im trying to download the whole with Webcopy, but the download is still ongoing since 3 days. 

I am not really familiar with html, if someone has a better idea its time to share otherwise were going to ...

I went through the old Lionna forums and looked at the threads I wanted to save and preserve. Made a folder called "Archive of Old L2 Forum Threads" and created folders there for the threads I wanted to save. Easiest way is to go to the old L2 archive. Then go through the threads and when you when you find one switch to full version and save them as plain html files. At least it's something. http://boards.lineage2.com/archive/index.php

How about you postpone this by a week or two, allow everyone to save what they want? 

There is 15 years of history on those forums - you must realise not everyone knows this decision to delete the forum and have not been able to save what needs to be saved. 

Please. 1 week notice before deleting 15 years of history is a slap in the face. 

Hey all,

I've successfully downloaded all posts and threads over the weekend. I'll be in the process this week of setting up a web server and uploading the database there. It will only be available in the plain archive format, but at least it's something. Maybe over time I can integrate a search function if people want. It will be in a read-only state.

A little more depth:

Things like HTTrack and Webcopy don't always work, unless you've set it up correctly. There are a couple of hidden links that can change the layout of the forum suddenly. My method will allow me to make a few changes so you can see a users profile to display posts / threads etc. I hold no personal information on my copy, only the "Display Name" along with any posts/threads.

You'll be able to view it once I've completed it, I'm just ironing out a few issues, as I seem to of copied a couple of posts one too many times so having to parse the database. It's working though, I just need to fix the duplicate posts. I'll keep you all posted.

Archived